Tiger Woods not on a list of the 50 Greatest Black Athletes is beyond an oversight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sable
Its an injustice

Shameful

Surtur
I'm curious to the rationale people used to not include him.

BackFire
It was a public poll, Tiger has fallen out of grace over the last several years and a lot of people don't like him anymore. In essence, the list was a popularity contest where people could basically rank athletes for any reason they want.

Surtur
Originally posted by BackFire
It was a public poll, Tiger has fallen out of grace over the last several years and a lot of people don't like him anymore. In essence, the list was a popularity contest where people could basically rank athletes for any reason they want.

Yet some whine over Colin K not being signed to a team and call it racist. Hilarious.

BackFire
Originally posted by Surtur
Yet some whine over Colin K not being signed to a team and call it racist. Hilarious.

I think that has more to do with the fact that he's just not that good, and not worth the controversy that would arise from signing him. Teams will deal with controversy if a player is particularly good, like Michael Vick, if he was just a mediocre player he never would have picked up a football again after his dog killing thing, but since he's good, teams were will to overlook it.

Surtur
I think that has more to do with the fact that he's just not that good, and not worth the controversy that would arise from signing him. Teams will deal with controversy if a player is particularly good, like Michael Vick, if he was just a mediocre player he never would have picked up a football again after his dog killing thing, but since he's good, teams were will to overlook it.

Oh I know, but the dolphins didn't sign him and folk cried racism.

The kicker? There are other black players on the Dolphins lol. (Ignore the large Cuban population of Miami and the fact the guy supported Castro)

But don't you feel bad for the millionaire though? I do.

BackFire
I don't follow football, why the focus on the dolphins and not all the other teams that also didn't sign him? Did he have a tryout on the dolphins?

Surtur
I don't follow football, why the focus on the dolphins and not all the other teams that also didn't sign him? Did he have a tryout on the dolphins?

Lol the dolphins chose to hire Jay Cutler over him. That is it lol. Nope, no tryout. Their crime was thinking about hiring him and then ultimately deciding not to. Cutler is hired for only one year, the only reason he is there is to be there until their QB that just got injured is healed.

Blacks make up like 70% or more of NFL players FYI. But shh.

Also keep in mind reportedly Colin has turned down offers due to not offering enough money.

BackFire
Is Kaepernick the one calling it racism? Or just random people on the internet?

Sable
Tiger Woods brought golf back from the stone age. This is disgraceful.

BackFire
He'd be included on any legitimate list made by people who know what they're talking about. Asking the public to rank things always leads to things like this because their personal biases get in the way of objective achievements.

Surtur

Not Colin, other folks had a fit over it.

I'd wager in his mind he thinks it is racism too though. The fact he would kneel over police brutality but not over the rampant violence in Chicago also speaks volumes to me.

Surtur
He'd be included on any legitimate list made by people who know what they're talking about. Asking the public to rank things always leads to things like this because their personal biases get in the way of objective achievements.

But then you realize this means any political poll is also BS, right? Most folk do not know what they are talking about.

Robtard

Kaepernick being blacklisted because he choose to not stand is ****ing disgraceful. NFL fans forgive stars for raping women, abusing animals, assulting their wives, drunk driving, rampant drug abuse etc, but Kaepernick's silent protest is too much somehow.

Granted, you're correct that if he had been better, his kneeling would have blown over and looked past, probably. Still, those people who insulted Kaepernick for not standing are the true morons.

Surtur
Originally posted by Sable
Tiger Woods brought golf back from the stone age. This is disgraceful.

This makes me wonder, why do we not have championship miniature golf? That shit takes TRUE skill, plus it's actually entertaining.

Picture Tiger Woods, but he's trying to get a hole in one into a hole that is a clowns head, and the hole is in the clowns mouth.

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
Kaepernick being blacklisted because he choose to not stand is ****ing disgraceful. NFL fans forgive stars for raping women, abusing animals, assulting their wives, drunk driving, rampant drug abuse etc, but Kaepernick's silent protest is too much somehow.

Granted, you're correct that if he had been better, his kneeling would have blown over and looked past, probably. Still, those people who insulted Kaepernick for not standing are the true morons.

But it's not racism at play here. That is not up for debate.

Robtard
Surtur making sure that whenever black people are wronged, racism is never the reason. laughing out loud

BackFire
Originally posted by Surtur
But then you realize this means any political poll is also BS, right? Most folk do not know what they are talking about.

The difference is while people may not know what they're talking about, in politics they still get a say because you don't have to be smart to be allowed to vote. They can make choices that shape the country based on their feelings, regardless of if they're smart or not.

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
Surtur making sure that whenever black people are wronged, racism is never the reason. laughing out loud

As opposed to blaming racism whenever they are wronged?

No, in this case, it wasn't racism. Full stop.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.