US embassy employees in Cuba possibly subject to acoustic attack

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sable
US Cuban Embassy Attacked

BackFire
For a second I thought they were attacked with acoustic musical instruments.

Steve Zodiac
I was in Cuba recently... Seems unlikely the Cubans themselves would do it. They don't have any high tech really, an ATM can be hard to find and wifi in bright squares where you can't see your screen maybe misdirection, but I doubt. Hitech is not Cuba's thing, Coke, Cigars, Salsa and Baseball are more the real Cuba.

Oh and Pork products, with every meal.

Sable
Wow

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/08/u-s-diplomats-in-cuba-victims-of-reported-sonic-attack.html

Robtard
Making people def, yeah, I dunno, just sounds like a weird angle of attack.

Sable
Not really, its an awful thing to attack an embassy and cause the people do lose their hearing. Imagine if somone attacked you and caused you to go deaf. It would be awful. This is basically an invisible attack to the eyes. But caused irrepearable physcial harm.

Surtur
It's weird, but also disturbing. Not only for the attack but it just makes you think what will happen when someone creates an even more powerful version of this weapon that can harm a large amount of people all at once?

Though I would be shocked if this was the Cuban government. I don't see what they have to gain from this. In the one article of course the Russians are also mentioned as suspects.

Sable
The Russians laughing out loud everyones favorite scapegoat.

Surtur
Originally posted by Sable
The Russians laughing out loud everyones favorite scapegoat.

And who first mentioned the idea? The AP of course lol.

Robtard
Originally posted by Surtur
It's weird, but also disturbing. Not only for the attack but it just makes you think what will happen when someone creates an even more powerful version of this weapon that can harm a large amount of people all at once?

Though I would be shocked if this was the Cuban government. I don't see what they have to gain from this. In the one article of course the Russians are also mentioned as suspects.

I assume you understand why Russia would come up, considering?

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
I assume you understand why Russia would come up, considering?

Yes I do understand. No, we are not going to get into a back and forth argument about Cuba and Russia right now that goes on for many pages.

IMO I still feel people these days are too quick to point to Russia. It is fine if you disagree.

Hopefully all the victims recover and we find who did this.

Robtard
Yes I do understand. No, we are not going to get into a back and forth argument about Cuba and Russia right now that goes on for many pages.

IMO I still feel people these days are too quick to point to Russia. It is fine if you disagree.

Hopefully all the victims recover and we find who did this.

If you do understand then there is no reason for an "argument", but your following statements leads me to believe that you do not understand the history and geopolitics involved with the US, Cuba and Russia relations, which is the reason Russia is mentioned.

jaden101
Made them listen to Ed Sheeran. Horrific.

Surtur
Originally posted by jaden101
Made them listen to Ed Sheeran. Horrific.

Damn. That is cruel. They probably would have preferred to be waterboarded.

jaden101
Damn. That is cruel. They probably would have preferred to be waterboarded.

With piss.

Sable
US diplomat's suffering from TBI

https://www.axios.com/u-s-diplomats-in-cuba-suffered-brain-injuries-after-sonic-attack-2476211683.html

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.