SWTOR declares Revan as "the galaxy's greatest hero."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Suck it, Outlander. thumb up

slayne
Noice. thumb up

NewGuy01
why no link

slayne
It's on the SWTOR launcher.

NewGuy01
why no pic

slayne
cause i'm too lazy

NewGuy01
why no quote

DarthAnt66

Rockydonovang
That makes no sense though, Revan's stupidity and foolishness has repeatedly allowed vitiate to endanger the galaxy and in the end it was the outlander who had to repeatedly cleaned Revan's mess.

The outlander's the one whose repeatedly saved the galaxy, while Revan's fcked up all the good he's done.

And in the end, Revan was made into Valk's b!itch and was exploited to help him, Outlander actually stopped Valk and redeemed or defeated Valk's legacy.

How is Revan the galaxy's greatest hero?

Slowpoke
Before SoR? Maybe. After that no.

Darth Revan was the entire reason Vitiate could come back from the brink of death.

NewGuy01
What's Revan's legacy?

Slowpoke
Originally posted by NewGuy01
What's Revan's legacy?

Satele?

NewGuy01
Of course she would need to be carried. Makes sense. Does that mean this is pre-KOTFE, though, or is Satele making a comeback?

nfactor1995
Link? Picture? Quote?

DarthAnt66
What's Revan's legacy?
His armor.

SWTOR is now offering his mask, robes, etc. on the Cartel Market and they have the description of "carry the legacy of the galaxy’s greatest hero with you into battle" across both the game launcher and the website.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20170815

MythLord
Eh, "greatest" doesn't neccessarily mean most powerful. But I do have Revan > Outlander, anyways. thumb up

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
That makes no sense though, Revan's stupidity and foolishness has repeatedly allowed vitiate to endanger the galaxy and in the end it was the outlander who had to repeatedly cleaned Revan's mess.

The outlander's the one whose repeatedly saved the galaxy, while Revan's fcked up all the good he's done.

And in the end, Revan was made into Valk's b!itch and was exploited to help him, Outlander actually stopped Valk and redeemed or defeated Valk's legacy.

How is Revan the galaxy's greatest hero?
Agreed.

The Outlander qualifies for the greatest hero recognition on merit.

Revan was heroic in his own right but his boldness got the better of him.

NewGuy01
It says greatest hero or villain. Revan's factually no Vitiate, so his status as the greatest hero is also questionable.

thesithmaster
Nice accolade.

DarthAnt66
It says greatest hero or villain. Revan's factually no Vitiate, so his status as the greatest hero is also questionable.
No that's ultimate hero or villain, which is different.

The quote I'm referring too is later down.

Sinious
This is pre KOTFE/KOTET, but I agree that Revan is indeed better than every version of the Outlander with the possible exception of late-KOTET Outlander.

DarthAnt66
How in God's name is this pre-KOTET when it was just written, like, yesterday.

BTW, Sas, in case you didn't see:

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
No that's ultimate hero or villain, which is different.

The quote I'm referring too is later down.

FreshestSlice
Stop fishing for accolades even you don't give a shit about.

Haschwalth

Rockydonovang
would have been nice if bioware actually showed revan as the great hero he's supposed to be

Haschwalth
would have been nice if bioware actually showed revan as the great hero he's supposed to be
But, nah they had to promote their new heros, and then retconn it with Shadow of Revan, which still shat on his legacy, only exception being his lightside.

Haschwalth
Just curious, how has Revan shown greater achievements than The HoT/Outlander.
I don't think he has tbh.
That leaves the "greatest" up to interpretation. Aka Greatest=Strongest.
Revan>Outlander suck it.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Haschwalth
Just curious, how has Revan shown greater achievements than The HoT/Outlander.
I don't think he has tbh.
That leaves the "greatest" up to interpretation. Aka Greatest=Strongest.
Revan>Outlander suck it.
greater may not be specific to good tbh.

If we just look at the scale of accomplishments, you could argue Revan has done more.

Haschwalth
greater may not be specific to good tbh.

If we just look at the scale of accomplishments, you could argue Revan has done more.

Nah,
Both have saved the galaxy twice.
Except The outlander stopped all of the galaxy from being consumed, by Vitiate.
And finally put an end to Valkorian/vitiate.
Outlander has fought Soa/terror from beyond, which are galactic threats.
Defeated the Dread masters, stopped Revan from wiping all life on Yavin.
Stopped darth Angral from destroying Tython, and other planets.

Revan did a lot of bad, eg. Darth Revan, started the events of kotor one(he literally cleaned up his mess) He caused Nihilus/etc.

Haschwalth
So, anyone want to counter that^

in the end it's still a win, win situation.

NewGuy01
Not really worthy of a "counter," but it is true that the Outlander's life was ultimately a grand success and Revan's was ultimately a tremendous failure.

Haschwalth
Not really worthy of a "counter," but it is true that the Outlander's life was ultimately a grand success and Revan's was ultimately a tremendous failure.
Exactly Revan>Outlander we don't need shit quotes, only for the nay sayers.

NewGuy01
no expression Right.

Haschwalth
thumb up

darthbane77
How long is this sale on for? Because if I can, I'm gonna go to Gamestop and get my ass some cartel coins and buy this shit.

Rockydonovang
You're forgetting STWOR's next expansion where Outlander turns out to be a mentally unstable clone of Revan erm

NewGuy01
Wasn't there cut dialogue that implied the Outlander was actually Valkorion's third son or some bs like that?

DarthAnt66
thumb up

Rockydonovang
Wasn't there cut dialogue that implied the Outlander was actually Valkorion's third son or some bs like that?
That could have been promising, but they needed to rush things so they could put a masterpiece like War on Iokath

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.