Innocent Protester Murdered in Right Wing Terror Attack

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bashar Teg
just a thread to discuss the terrorist attack at a charlottesville 'unite the right' nazi rally.

this way we can address the murder of heather heyer, and the 19 other peaceful counter-protesters who were injured (five critically) in a cowardly attack by one of the white supremacists in that rally.

oh, i also hear some nazis and anti nazis got into some fisticuffs, which i'm sure might be super-important to you, but that's not the topic here. so please use one of these two threads to discuss all that nazi vs antifa stuff.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t644969.html
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t645007.html

darthgoober
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
just a thread to discuss the terrorist attack at a charlottesville 'unite the right' nazi rally.

this way we can address the murder of heather heyer, and the 19 other peaceful counter-protesters who were injured (five critically) in a cowardly attack by one of the white supremacists in that rally.

oh, i also hear some nazis and anti nazis got into some fisticuffs, which i'm sure is super-important to you, but that's not the topic here. so please use one of these two threads to discuss all that nazi vs antifa stuff.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t644969.html
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t645007.html
You really need another thread for people to say the Nazi was a piece of shit? Pretty sure everyone already said that in the other thread...

Bashar Teg
expected derailer #5. check.

darthgoober
expected derailer #5. check.
How is it derailing? I pointed out the guy was a piece of shit and that pretty much everyone has acknowledged as much. What are you looking for exactly? I mean are you looking for people to point out how much of a piece of shit he was, or talk about how she shouldn't have died or what? What would you consider to be a "right answer" here?

Adam_PoE
It reminds me of when someone says, "I am sorry, but . . ." He is offering the obligatory sorry, and everything after the but is what he really thinks.

Or when someone prefaces something with, "No offense, but . . ." What he is effectively telling the listener is that he knows what he is about to say is offensive, but it is what he really believes, and he cannot help but share it. So he prefaces it with a disclaimer to avoid judgment.

So that Nazi was a piece of shit, but what about all of the shitty things liberals do?

Keep cucking for Nazis.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
It reminds me of when someone says, "I am sorry, but . . ." He is offering the obligatory sorry, and everything after the but is what he really thinks.

Or when someone prefaces something with, "No offense, but . . ." What he is effectively telling the listener is that he knows what he is about to say is offensive, but it is what he really believes, and he cannot help but share it. So he prefaces it with a disclaimer to avoid judgment.

So that Nazi was a piece of shit, but what about all of the shitty things liberals do?

Keep cucking for Nazis.
I never said a damn thing about liberals being bad in this thread. I haven't mentioned them at all in fact.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by darthgoober
I never said a damn thing about liberals being bad in this thread. I haven't mentioned them at all in fact.

I have to say something. I was gonna avoid this but I have to say this, because I dunno if any others will say it in a way you may understand.

You asked in the other thread, when is a good time to talk about Antifa's antics. I think the best time to do it is probably any other time other than when a person is dead and 19 are seriously injured by a crazed Nazi lunatic behind the wheel of a car.

I mean we've had antifa debates all year long, but this is the only time, I feel when even comparing their antics to the colossal action of outright deliberate murder out in public is simply not going to be acceptable.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
I have to say something. I was gonna avoid this but I have to say this, because I dunno if any others will say it in a way you may understand.

You asked in the other thread, when is a good time to talk about Antifa's antics. I think the best time to do it is probably any other time other than when a person is dead and 19 are seriously injured by a crazed Nazi lunatic behind the wheel of a car.

I mean we've had antifa debates all year long, but this is the only time, I feel when even comparing their antics to the colossal action of outright deliberate murder out in public is simply not going to be acceptable.
See now YOU'RE derailing this thread by bringing up something from the other. But since you have I'll ask you the same question... when is a good time? On what date will you be willing to step forward and say that Antifa was 100% guilty of terrorist tactics that day against another group who were exercising their constitutionally protected rights and their actions demonstrate that measures need to be taken against them?

BackFire
Antifa = bad

Nazis = Much worse

Sable
Isnt there a thread about this?

Bashar Teg
Expected Derailer #3. Check.

we're not allowed to talk about a terror attack on american soil, isnt that cute?

darthgoober
Expected Derailer #3. Check.

we're not allowed to talk about a terror attack on american soil, isnt that cute?
Again, what constitutes NOT derailing the thread? Is it's only purpose to give you a chance to call people you don't like "detailers"? It's your thread, please steer the discussion in the right direction.

Darkstorm Zero
See now YOU'RE derailing this thread by bringing up something from the other. But since you have I'll ask you the same question... when is a good time? On what date will you be willing to step forward and say that Antifa was 100% guilty of terrorist tactics that day against another group who were exercising their constitutionally protected rights and their actions demonstrate that measures need to be taken against them?

Couple of things here. 1#: you are assuming all of Antifa is 100% guilty. I presume to argue in favor of innocent until proven guilty. But that's a personal choice.

#2: Perhaps when the next riot occurs? At least then there would be some meat and not completely overshadowed by Nazi's willing to escalate from "constitutionally protected hate speech" to outright murder.

darthgoober
Couple of things here. 1#: you are assuming all of Antifa is 100% guilty. I presume to argue in favor of innocent until proven guilty. But that's a personal choice.

#2: Perhaps when the next riot occurs? At least then there would be some meat and not completely overshadowed by Nazi's willing to escalate from "constitutionally protected hate speech" to outright murder.

1. I'm not 100% assuming anything, I just know that there's reports that the Nazi group was pepper sprayed before they even entered the park and that Antifa has a history of pepper spraying people they don't like without provecation.

2. Why wait until the next attack? If such an attack occurs couldn't it be said that not addressing them emboldened them to engage in more acts of terrorism?

Adam_PoE
But since you have I'll ask you the same question... when is a good time? On what date will you be willing to step forward and say that Antifa was 100% guilty of terrorist tactics that day against another group who were exercising their constitutionally protected rights and their actions demonstrate that measures need to be taken against them?

How about you wait for the body to be in the ground from the Nazi terrorist attack that had nothing to do with Anti-Fa before starting the "What about Anti-Fa" routine? It is called having a modicum of common decency.

Darkstorm Zero
1. I'm not 100% assuming anything, I just know that there's reports that the Nazi group was pepper sprayed before they even entered the park and that Antifa has a history of pepper spraying people they don't like without provecation.

2. Why wait until the next attack? If such an attack occurs couldn't it be said that not addressing them emboldened them to engage in more acts of terrorism?

#1: You are. You want to talk about Antifa and it's members entirely as a collective, when not even every group of Antifa is responsible for the stupidity. Nobody has done anything but condemn the idiots, but are then the entire movement responsible for the actions of the few? This is the same point I raised during the Mouldylocks affair.... Antifa is vastly different from the Nazis, both in terms of scale and scope, and of how far they are willing to go. Demonstrably so.

#2: You confuse the points here. Antifa has not killed anyone. The Nazi's have. If you undercut the severity of murder, that is not ok. And because it is something as severe as murder, no, it is not ok to take attention off that just to have a go at Antifa. You may think this is wrong, and good on you for that, really, but no. Being seen as condoning deliberate murder of an innocent in any way shape or form will universally be condemned in my POV.

darthgoober
How about you wait for the body to be in the ground from the Nazi terrorist attack that had nothing to do with Anti-Fa before starting the "What about Anti-Fa" routine? It is called having a modicum of common decency.
Don't act like it "was just too soon" when you've already made it clear that you won't EVER condem them no matter what. You're simply using the girls death as a way to shield them from criticism for their actions.

darthgoober
#1: You are. You want to talk about Antifa and it's members entirely as a collective, when not even every group of Antifa is responsible for the stupidity. Nobody has done anything but condemn the idiots, but are then the entire movement responsible for the actions of the few? This is the same point I raised during the Mouldylocks affair.... Antifa is vastly different from the Nazis, both in terms of scale and scope, and of how far they are willing to go. Demonstrably so.

#2: You confuse the points here. Antifa has not killed anyone. The Nazi's have. If you undercut the severity of murder, that is not ok. And because it is something as severe as murder, no, it is not ok to take attention off that just to have a go at Antifa. You may think this is wrong, and good on you for that, really, but no. Being seen as condoning deliberate murder of an innocent in any way shape or form will universally be condemned in my POV.
This is becoming a rather involved discussion, what say we take it to the other thread since Bash still hasn't made it clear what we're supposed to talk about here?

Bashar Teg
This is becoming a rather involved discussion, what say we take it to the other thread since Bash still hasn't made it clear what we're supposed to talk about here?

you @ss.

Adam_PoE

Wow, so reports are always correct and true; and if someone did something in the past, and that thing is done again in the future, the same person must have done it. Brilliant reasoning.

That is the same argument Anti-Fa uses against Nazis.

darthgoober
you @ss.
But when I said the guy was a piece of shit you accused me of derailing the thread... if we're not supposed to condem the guy then what are we supposed to talk about? Give me an example of what would be appropriate to say without being accused of derailing the thread.

Adam_PoE
Don't act like it "was just too soon" when you've already made it clear that you won't EVER condem them no matter what. You're simply using the girls death as a way to shield them from criticism for their actions.

Did I? By all means, exercise the quote feature.

But use that to distract from the fact that you were deflecting from Nazis to Anti-Fa before the body of the victim was even cold.

Bashar Teg
But when I said the guy was a piece of shit you accused me of derailing the thread... if we're not supposed to condem the guy then what are we supposed to talk about? Give me an example of what would be appropriate to say without being accused of derailing the thread.

im not the ****ing moderator. you accused me of not posting a topic when the topic is plainly stated in the OP.

it's pretty clear that its very very important to you that we dont discuss the terrorist attack. #noted.

darthgoober
But you accused me of derailing when I tried to address the topic... again, what's an example of something that can be said without being accused of derailing the topic?

I did discuss the terrorist attack, I said the guy was a piece of shit. What more would you like me to say about it?

darthgoober

But use that to distract from the fact that you were deflecting from Nazis to Anti-Fa before the body of the victim was even cold.
I could not care less about Anti-Fa. Conservatives only raise the subject as a "both sides have violent groups" deflection, or a "defend this, so I do not have to defend that" distraction. Anything to change the subject, so they do not have to defend the indefensible, or to muddy the conversational waters, to argue to a draw. The problem is that Anti-Fa is neither an albatross or a sacred cow for progressives, so it does not work.

Bashar Teg
But you accused me of derailing when I tried to address the topic... again, what's an example of something that can be said without being accused of derailing the topic?

I did discuss the terrorist attack, I said the guy was a piece of shit. What more would you like me to say about it?

it's pretty clear that its very very important to you that we dont discuss the terrorist attack. #noted.

Bashar Teg
i think we're just going to have to fashion all out towns centers and cities with barricades to prevent this or at least minimize casualties.

what else can we do but ban driving and go full-autonomous vehicles.

Adam_PoE

I could not care less about Anti-Fa. Conservatives only raise the subject as a "both sides have violent groups" deflection, or a "defend this, so I do not have to defend that" distraction. Anything to change the subject, so they do not have to defend the indefensible, or to muddy the conversational waters, to argue to a draw. The problem is that Anti-Fa is neither an albatross or a sacred cow for progressives, so it does not work.

Where is the part I "make it clear I won't EVER condemn them no matter what"?

I only see me saying that Anti-Fa is so inconsequential to me that I do not care what becomes of them.

darthgoober
i think we're just going to have to fashion all out towns centers and cities with barricades to prevent this or at least minimize casualties.

How would that work though, you'd have to barricade every street. The police typically barricade the streets to allow for massive demonstration groups to pass, most likely the only reason there wasn't such a thing here was because the counter protestors didn't register for the city so there were none/few in place.

darthgoober

I only see me saying that Anti-Fa is so inconsequential to me that I do not care what becomes of them.

I didn't say you said it, I said you made it clear. You seem to have gone out of the way to avoid saying it while still making it known in fact.

Bashar Teg
time square has concrete pylons. also these little guys are quite effective and cost-efficient. any area that a lot of people gather should be protected from these kinds attacks. we just have to give a shit, is all.

http://www.reliance-foundry.com/site/reliance-foundry/images/blog/posts/protective-bollard-covers.jpg

Sable
Is that a sanctuary city?

darthgoober
time square has concrete pylons. also these little guys are quite effective and cost-efficient. any area that a lot of people gather should be protected from these kinds attacks. we just have to give a shit, is all.

http://www.reliance-foundry.com/site/reliance-foundry/images/blog/posts/protective-bollard-covers.jpg
Aren't those embedded in the concrete though? It would mean tearing up the sidewalk/road anytime a large group wanted to assemble. The guy didn't drive up to the front of a building, he caused a chain reaction on the road itself. And that couldn't even have been done here because the people didn't exactly give the city advanced notice of the gathering.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Sable
Is that a sanctuary city?
it's the front door of best buy, derailer #3.

Sable
it's the front door of best buy, derailer #3.

How am I derailing? I'm here to talk about domestic terrorism.

Sable

Don't you see thats why this vehicle obsession has taken over? Since they can't ban guns, they want to cram us all in mega cities with driverless cars.

Bashar Teg
It would mean tearing up the sidewalk/road anytime a large group wanted to assemble.

#1 you just leave them there and there's probably removable ones as well if the constant sight of it offends the locals.

#2 i should have said "any area that a lot of people typically gather should be protected from these kinds attacks".
i was not suggesting that they should have to follow the march with a cement mixer and a jackhammer.

Sable
#1 you just leave them there and there's probably removable ones as well if the constant sight of it offends the locals.

#2 i should have said "any area that a lot of people typically gather should be protected from these kinds attacks".
i was not suggesting that they should have to follow the march with a cement mixer and a jackhammer.

Remember in Lucy, how she controlled those guard rails when the police were chasing her? We need those all over. They can go up when there is busy events and busy times in city centers and such, and come down when not needed.

darthgoober

Yes but the girl was hit while in the street, unless they actually blocked off the road with those things...

Bashar Teg
Yes but the girl was hit while in the street, unless they actually blocked off the road with those things...

yeah but that's because of the carelessness of whomever had the authority to put up portable barricades on the street, and said "nah".

darthgoober
yeah but that's because of the carelessness of whomever had the authority to put up portable barricades on the street, and said "nah".
Yeah but they didn't give a lot of notice of the event. If they'd applied for a permit early enough to get it approved there very well may have been a barricade there.

Bashar Teg
Yeah but they didn't give a lot of notice of the event. If they'd applied for a permit early enough to get it approved there very well may have been a barricade there.

you might be surprised to know that a permit is not required for police to maintain safety where a shitload of people are gathered.

:edit: really? you really want to suggest that it was impossible to put up safety barricades because there wasn't a permit? if so i think we're done here.

Silent Master
You might be surprised to know that cops don't carry portable barricades in the trunks of their cars.

Terrorism is bad, I hope he rots in jail.

Bashar Teg
yeah it's super hard to transport them from the station. isnt it, expected derailer #4

Silent Master
Those type of barricades aren't kept at a police station.

darthgoober
you might be surprised to know that a permit is not required for police to maintain safety where a shitload of people are gathered.

:edit: really? you really want to suggest that it was impossible to put up safety barricades because there wasn't a permit? if so i think we're done here.
Yes they are, but without advanced notice who knows how many cops were on duty who WEREN'T at the Nazi event? I'm just saying that things might have worked out differently if the group had gone through the proper channels. That doesn't make the girls death any less tragic, but the proper channels DO exist for a reason in many cases.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Silent Master
Those type of barricades aren't kept at a police station.

oh wow. that makes it all different.

k have fun trolling, expected derailer #4.

Silent Master
Perhaps you should do research before you make comments like the police don't need advanced notice in order to set up Highway barricades.

Sable
I mean where is Lucy when you need her, she can just put those barricades up wherever.

Bashar Teg
"we just cant move it, captain. they don't have a permit. WE DONT! HAVE! THE POWER!"

http://perimetersecurityproducts.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/428-Barricade.jpg

darthgoober
"we just cant move it, captain. they don't have a permit. WE DONT! HAVE! THE POWER!"

http://perimetersecurityproducts.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/428-Barricade.jpg
Ok I understand why you're offended by Nazis, but what's your problem with the idea of people needing to get a permit if there's a law saying you need one? I mean it's not like her group not having a permit puts any blame whatsoever on her personally so it's in no way a case of "victim blaming" or anything like that.

Silent Master
Police can't just go to the station and pick up those type of barricades, they would actually have to borrow them from a local construction site or contact the DOT and get them delivered from wherever local storage is and even then those things need to be filled up with large amounts of water or sand to be of any real use. In other words, not something that can be done on short notice.

Bashar Teg
"Fox News, Daily Caller delete posts encouraging people to drive through protests"

http://money.cnn.com/2017/08/15/media/daily-caller-fox-news-video-car-crashing-liberal-protesters/index.html

Adam_PoE
I didn't say you said it, I said you made it clear. You seem to have gone out of the way to avoid saying it while still making it known in fact.

Wanna read this, and try again:

ArtificialGlory

I don't know, terrorists will always find a way. When it comes down to it, they can always go back to the tried-and-true mass shooting tactic.

Surtur
Originally posted by BackFire
Antifa = bad

Nazis = Much worse

You're literally a nazi for saying this.

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by Surtur
You're literally a nazi for saying this. No he isn't you youtube addled nazi apologist.

Surtur
Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
No he isn't you youtube addled nazi apologist.

Triggered. Has your crushed moved on from Rob to Backfire now?

Steve Zodiac
Triggered. Has your crushed moved on from Rob to Backfire now? #triggered, You are such a rightist cuck.

Surtur
No you

Nice.

Steve Zodiac
Nice. I know.

Surtur
It's good you know, but you should also know your previous man crush Rob does not like people who pull "no yous".

No word yet on how Backfire feels.

Bashar Teg
It's good you know, but you should also know your previous man crush Rob does not like people who pull "no yous".

welcome, expected derailer #1

Steve Zodiac

No word yet on how Backfire feels. Be careful Surtur.

http://www.npr.org/2017/08/14/543418271/on-the-internet-everyone-knows-you-re-a-racist-twitter-account-ids-marchers

With that and the picture of you attacking the guy using your brolly you are screwed.

Steve Zodiac
welcome, expected derailer #1 And you know why they derail Bash? Because they can't examine what they truly are!

Surtur
And you know why they derail Bash? Because they can't examine what they truly are!

Lol irony overload something fierce. Too funny. Hey, cling to the olive branch comment Steve, for dear life. Every time it is mentioned it will be as if you are screaming "I am triggered, here me roar".

Robtard
^ Wow, some shameful derailing from the apologists. Anyhow.

This is going to happen again, it only takes one White Supremacist to move from racist rants to using a car as a weapon, this was a test and it worked, read their comments; hear their words, they have been emboldened.

Surtur

Just wanted to help you guys out since you're whining over derailments. Here is one to whine over that you forgot to whine over.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Robtard
^ Wow, some shameful derailing from the apologists. Anyhow.

look at him and his couch-nazi pals tryharding bigly.

This is going to happen again, it only takes one White Supremacist to move from racist rants to using a car as a weapon, this was a test and it worked, read their comments; hear their words, they have been emboldened.

it's a shame that we need to concern ourselves with public safety from right wing terrorist attacks, but they do feel especially emboldened this year. i wonder why?

Flyattractor
But who will protect us when Leftist Fascists start pulling down Statues in public?

Oh wait....

Bashar Teg
and there's expected derailer #2. the couch-nazi gang is all here.

Flyattractor
At least I have a really nice couch.

...that I got for free, bought with Bashy's Tax Dollar.

THANKS BASHY!!!!!!!!!!

Robtard
look at him and his couch-nazi pals tryharding bigly.

it's a shame that we need to concern ourselves with public safety from right wing terrorist attacks, but they do feel especially emboldened this year. i wonder why?

TBF, tomorrow is Friday...

It is, they're now trying to rally here in San Francisco and Berkeley. Granted, I feel we have to let them as it's a right, but I also don't want another White Supremacist terrorist murdering my fellow peace-loving Californians in SF and Berk like they did Heather Heyer

Bashar Teg
TBF, tomorrow is Friday...

It is, they're now trying to rally here in San Francisco and Berkeley. Granted, I feel we have to let them as it's a right, but I also don't want another White Supremacist terrorist murdering my fellow peace-loving Californians in SF and Berk.

terrorists should not have the right to assemble anywhere. (besides a large hole in the dirt, sprinkled with lye.)

Flyattractor
So did Robbie just threaten the Nazis with violence from Leftist
Homosexual Violence in those "Califunny Cities"?

Cause we all ready know that the Berkeley AntiFa are extremely eager to be violent.

Robtard
terrorists should not have the right to assemble anywhere. (besides a large hole in the dirt, sprinkled with lye.)

Yeah, it's a fine edge. We have the freedom to assemble, so you take the good with the bad. Unfortunately the bad can be an innocent murdered.

Bashar Teg
Yeah, it's a fine edge. We have the freedom to assemble, so you take the good with the bad.

citizens should have the right to assemble, not terrorist organizations.
ever see ISIS or alt-ISIS carrying signs at your local town hall?

Flyattractor
Yeah, it's a fine edge. We have the freedom to assemble, so you take the good with the bad.

Yes. Here in the U.S of A. We still have the right to Assemble.

At least until people on the Left take that Right away from us. Which they are tring to do.

rolling on floor laughing

Robtard
citizens should have the right to assemble, not terrorist organizations.
ever see ISIS or alt-ISIS carrying signs at your local town hall?

Fair enough.

Bashar Teg
"Vanilla ISIS" laughing out loud

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/yall-qaeda-vanilla-isis_us_568a3421e4b06fa68882bb6d

dadudemon
It should be made well-known that Antifa was a serious threat at the time this incident originally happened. The FBI and DHS was already briefing local law enforcement on Antifa and the documented terrorism concerns.

Surtur
DC_TrsY7U3A

Robtard
For prosperity's sake.: Should be noted that even more deflect-away-from-Nazis-murdering was had in the Charlotsville thread. The usual suspects.

Surtur
Priivate Eyes, they're watching you!

P3MUQKD_GOE

Bashar Teg
For prosperity's sake.: Should be noted that even more deflect-away-from-Nazis-murdering was had in the Charlotsville thread. The usual suspects.

also for posterity's sake, it should be noted that you stole my "expected derailer #__" line smile

Robtard
Figured it was borrowed, wasn't aware of a trademark. Sue me for compensation.

Bashar Teg
it's okay, everyone here steals my jokes

Robtard
Wait, I think I first said 'expected deflector' in 2009! You're going to get so sued, cos that's still obvious infringement. So sued.

Bashar Teg
Wait, I think I first said 'expected deflector' in 2009! You're going to get so sued, cos that's still obvious infringement. So sued.

lie. screencapped and emailed to my lawyer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.