How long will HR McMaster last on the job?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Without posting a particular article the Chief of staff seems to be embattled by different elements in Trumps cabinet. If you had to hazard a guess how long do you think he has before Bannon or someone tries to get him thrown out? What are some things you think he's done right like removing some of Bannons followers from positions in the government?

BackFire
You mean Kelly, right? He's the Chief of staff, not McMaster.

I think no Chief of staff will last very long in this administration, I think burnout, frustration, and exhaustion will take effect pretty quickly no matter who is in the role just because they have to deal with so much self-inflicted damage all the time by Trump simply opening his mouth.

That said I think Kelly is a good choice and will do as good a job as anyone could in bringing order to the white house, though as we see, full order probably isn't possible no matter who has the position.

I do think he will definitely outlast Bannon, though, who seems increasingly likely to be on the way out in the next month or two.

Sable
Originally posted by carthage
Without posting a particular article the Chief of staff seems to be embattled by different elements in Trumps cabinet. If you had to hazard a guess how long do you think he has before Bannon or someone tries to get him thrown out? What are some things you think he's done right like removing some of Bannons followers from positions in the government?

Its like you dont even know what you are posting about before you post it, McMaster isn't chief of staff.

Robtard
Originally posted by BackFire
You mean Kelly, right? He's the Chief of staff, not McMaster.

I think no Chief of staff will last very long in this administration, I think burnout, frustration, and exhaustion will take effect pretty quickly no matter who is in the role just because they have to deal with so much self-inflicted damage all the time by Trump simply opening his mouth.

That said I think Kelly is a good choice and will do as good a job as anyone could in bringing order to the white house, though as we see, full order probably isn't possible no matter who has the position.

I do think he will definitely outlast Bannon, though, who seems increasingly likely to be on the way out in the next month or two.

I give Kelly 6 more months, tops. I think one or two more Charlottesville moments from Trump and he's bailing.

He's 67, this will likely be his last moment in an Admin, doubt he wants this to be his legacy.

Sable
Chief of Staff's usually are fired, they dont resign.

Robtard
Trump can't really afford to fire people anymore, not even a year and look at his cabinet, like a season of The Apprentice. This really throws a turd into his "I only hire the best people" narrative as one of his selling points.

Sable
I dont think he really cares how he sounds, what he looks like, or what people say about him, he fires back and moves on, doing the same thing he has always done, somehow it continues to work for him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.