Conan Vs. Dane Whitman normal swords.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Steve Zodiac
Which legendary swordsman wins.

riv6672
Conan.

Steve Zodiac
Originally posted by riv6672
Conan. I'd hope so to Riv, but Whitman fought constantly for Avalon and in the Crusades and Modred and Necromon, the Fomor etc are probably equal to Thoth Amon and Kulan Gath etc and he has been equaled by the likes of Thak. I think this could be close. I'd still agree with you though.

beatboks
Conan stomps with normal swords. As an old Roy Thomas fan he jas mamy feats tjat border if are not blatently low meta level strength. Dane should be disarmed petty quick

leonidas
normal swords dane loses because conan is simply too strong. dane would likely be at least as skilled, maybe more so, but conan is too much physically for him to handle. conan for a heavy majority.

beatboks
Originally posted by leonidas
normal swords dane loses because conan is simply too strong. dane would likely be at least as skilled, maybe more so, but conan is too much physically for him to handle. conan for a heavy majority.

My thougjts exactly. Dane will be overpowered trying to block or parry and loose his weapon

Zack M
The Barbarian.

Sin I AM
Ebony Blade grants Dane a small strength boost. He should be almost equal to Conan or just a tad short.

beatboks
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Ebony Blade grants Dane a small strength boost. He should be almost equal to Conan or just a tad short.

Yeah but the OP says normal swords so Dane diesnt have the ebony blade in this fight.

basilisk
Conan.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by beatboks
Yeah but the OP says normal swords so Dane diesnt have the ebony blade in this fight.

I thought normal meant the swords they normally use E blade/atlantean sword. Meh. Dane is a better swordsman imo. Strength isnt gonna be the deciding factor

Steve Zodiac
I thought normal meant the swords they normally use E blade/atlantean sword. Meh. Dane is a better swordsman imo. Strength isnt gonna be the deciding factor I meant no magical swords so no Ebony blade for Dane Sin, but yeah, I agree with you and Leo, skill wise Dane is probably superior and in regards to Dane being overpowered with his energy blade he went against some true superhumanly strong people, so I don't see him being overpowered, I see this as very close. I give Conan the nod, but I'm open to being persuaded otherwise in the thread if anyone provides a compelling argument.

deathslash
I thought normal meant the swords they normally use E blade/atlantean sword. Meh. Dane is a better swordsman imo. Strength isnt gonna be the deciding factor he might be more skilled (it's arguable though), but I wouldn't say that he's as fast or as agile.

riv6672
Its not arguable.
Dane is NOT the better swordsman. Conan has blade training from simple melee to fencing to using katanas. He doesnt just hack/slash.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by riv6672
Its not arguable.
Dane is NOT the better swordsman. Conan has blade training from simple melee to fencing to using katanas. He doesnt just hack/slash.

What makes you so sure?

beatboks
Agree with Riv. Dane is not the better swordsman. Conan has the edge in skill, speed, strengrh, and agility. Many Conan comics see jim casually defeat sword masters. To be honest Danes only chance is with the ebony blade and even then its a small one.

riv6672
What makes you so sure?
See beatboks' post above.

DarkSaint85
I read an old Conan comic, where he was fighting alongside a scarred up guy who wore a cloak and wielded a scythe as a weapon. The guy was a former enemy of Conan,then ended up as an ally....what was this storyline/character? I can't for the life of me remember. Would have been released in the early to mid 90s.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I read an old Conan comic, where he was fighting alongside a scarred up guy who wore a cloak and wielded a scythe as a weapon. The guy was a former enemy of Conan,then ended up as an ally....what was this storyline/character? I can't for the life of me remember. Would have been released in the early to mid 90s.

The sword & the scythe

DarkSaint85
Amazing, thanks!! Been trying to remember for so long, should've just asked here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.