Captain America vs Xenomorph (Grid)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggerman
Grid is the Xenomorph from AvP that killed the 2 Predators.

Fight takes place in the AvP Pyramid. Cap has his shield and he knows about the acid blood.

Can Cap win without getting himself killed?

Psychotron
The only way Cap wins is via decap, blunt for trauma ain't gonna cut it, and I doubt he can block all of the spray. Even if a little bit gets one him it could kill or maim him.

Sable
Xenomorph stomps

Placidity
Do you think if the Xeno allows Cap to bash its head with the shield (not decap), can Cap KO/kill the Alien with any number of hits?

Sable
No

Psychotron
Originally posted by Placidity
Do you think if the Xeno allows Cap to bash its head with the shield (not decap), can Cap KO/kill the Alien with any number of hits?

Well, I guess with a lot of free hits, but a Xeno has withstood having tons of molten lead dropped on it. Grid's head was used by a Predator to smash stone pillars. Their durability is very good.

Sable
How was grid able to use his acid blood as a weapon, I forgot.

Placidity
Yes, I agree. Cap is strong enough, but won't get that many hits.

I think Cap wins if he is aware of the Xeno's capabilities, and not just the Xeno blood. As you said, the plan would be a decap, and probably with a shield throw from a distance at the opportune time, like while Grid is leaping mid-air.

The other way to think of it is that Celtic was able to match Grid in a fight, and I can see Cap being at least as strong but also much faster than Celtic.

Placidity
Originally posted by Sable
How was grid able to use his acid blood as a weapon, I forgot.

Celtic cuts Grid's tail/stinger off, and Grid uses the blood flowing from this wound:

http://i.imgur.com/0YLx3Pa.gif

Sable
Damn that's right, I wonder if that can eat caps shield. As it literally eats through anything.

Adam Grimes
Cap should win imo.

KingD19
Damn that's right, I wonder if that can eat caps shield. As it literally eats through anything.

No, no it wouldn't.

It's Vibranium and has withstood much more damaging force than acid. Also it's basically indestructible. The only issue with acid on the shield would be if it drips or splashes past the front to get to Cap.

Sable
I'm pretty sure his shield gets broken in an upcoming movie. Also, if you didn't know, acid isn't blunt force trauma, acid breaks things down on a molecular level.

KingD19
I'm pretty sure his shield gets broken in an upcoming movie.

Yeah. By a God-Titan wielding several if not all gems within the Infinity Gauntlet that allow him to warp reality and the laws of physics as he sees fit.

A guy who can throw moons >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Xenomorph Acid.

So while it is possible to damage or destroy it, that capability is like 40x above Grid's pay grade.

Xeno blood is extremely highly corrosive, yes. But it has no proof of even slightly damaging something on Vibranium's level and to try and equate the two is reaching.

Psychotron
Celtic cuts Grid's tail/stinger off, and Grid uses the blood flowing from this wound:

http://i.imgur.com/0YLx3Pa.gif

Not just that, Aliens have been shown to spit acid before.

Yes, I agree. Cap is strong enough, but won't get that many hits.

I think Cap wins if he is aware of the Xeno's capabilities, and not just the Xeno blood. As you said, the plan would be a decap, and probably with a shield throw from a distance at the opportune time, like while Grid is leaping mid-air.

The other way to think of it is that Celtic was able to match Grid in a fight, and I can see Cap being at least as strong but also much faster than Celtic.

Celtic had weapons, namely the blades and the net, which let him him keep up with with Grid, but what happened when he was bereft of them? Grid overpowered him and one shot him.

KingD19
At this point Cap is more akin to Wolf+++ than Celtic. He's got higher strength/speed/agility feats than any Predator shown on screen.

Psychotron
True, but I think you need weapons to take down an Alien in melee combat, their blunt force durability is very high. But if you use weapons you have to deal with the acid.

Sable
Originally posted by KingD19
Yeah. By a God-Titan wielding several if not all gems within the Infinity Gauntlet that allow him to warp reality and the laws of physics as he sees fit.

A guy who can throw moons >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Xenomorph Acid.

So while it is possible to damage or destroy it, that capability is like 40x above Grid's pay grade.

Xeno blood is extremely highly corrosive, yes. But it has no proof of even slightly damaging something on Vibranium's level and to try and equate the two is reaching.

I'm not saying it can eat his shield, I was simplying entertaining a discussion.

KingD19
Originally posted by Psychotron
True, but I think you need weapons to take down an Alien in melee combat, their blunt force durability is very high. But if you use weapons you have to deal with the acid.

Wolf who is much weaker than Cap was capable of yanking a Xenomorph off the ground and holding them by the throat with each hand. They're not invulnerable, just take a lot of damage, and Cap can definitely dish out enough to say crush a skull.

Also an Alien never spit blood to my knowledge. The Predalien drooled blood on Wolf after he ripped his tongue mouth out.

Adam Grimes
Cap would shit on any on-screen Predator to date, easily. An Alien would get phucked up rather fast.

Placidity
Not just that, Aliens have been shown to spit acid before.

Not the ones in AvP and most Alien films.

The Xenos had to puncture the Queen for the blood to eat through her chains. If they had acid spit, they wouldn't have had to do that.

Also in Resurrection, the imprisoned Aliens killed one of their own to exploit the acid blood. Again, if they had acid spit, this would not have been necessary.

Celtic had weapons, namely the blades and the net, which let him him keep up with with Grid, but what happened when he was bereft of them? Grid overpowered him and one shot him.

Celtic had blades and net, and Cap has his shield. Hard to say which is more effective in the right hands.

Celtic was beating on Grid with brute force for a good part of the fight. I think he delivered only a single cut with his blades, cutting off Grid's stinger, which in a way gave Grid a new ranged acid attack.

Put another way - if we are debating purely strength - Grid only won because of its own natural weapons, namely the inner jaw (and tail). If neither are allowed to use weapons but only pure strength (and I suppose "skills"wink, from what we saw, Celtic dominated.

My sense of the fight is that Grid tried to brawl with Celtic, but eventually recognised that it wasn't working so well. So he went for a different strategy, throwing acid to distract Celtic, then tried to sneak up on him.

FeelsBadXeno.gif

https://expresselevatortohell.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/grid-vs-celtic-avp-aliens-vs-predator.gif

Placidity
BTW, I don't think Celtic should've been able to beat on a Xeno like that in general. I expect a Xeno to use its tail far more effectively in close quarters. Celtic really wasn't that fast.

And while Grid dispatched two Predators (rookies), one could even argue he ain't that special or even inferior to "other" Xenos IMO.

Grid killed Chopper from behind, and against Celtic, got beat up and only won when he caught Celtic off guard.

I think a "peak" Xeno (all high-end feats from all Drones/Xenos in films) would be a tougher fight for Cap than Grid.

Psychotron
Originally posted by KingD19
Wolf who is much weaker than Cap was capable of yanking a Xenomorph off the ground and holding them by the throat with each hand. They're not invulnerable, just take a lot of damage, and Cap can definitely dish out enough to say crush a skull.

Also an Alien never spit blood to my knowledge. The Predalien drooled blood on Wolf after he ripped his tongue mouth out.

This is Grid from AvP, not the shitty xenos from AvP2, which was made by Predator fanboys.

Well, you're wrong.
http://imgur.com/a/RxL34

Psychotron
Not the ones in AvP and most Alien films.

The Xenos had to puncture the Queen for the blood to eat through her chains. If they had acid spit, they wouldn't have had to do that.

Also in Resurrection, the imprisoned Aliens killed one of their own to exploit the acid blood. Again, if they had acid spit, this would not have been necessary.

Celtic had blades and net, and Cap has his shield. Hard to say which is more effective in the right hands.

Celtic was beating on Grid with brute force for a good part of the fight. I think he delivered only a single cut with his blades, cutting off Grid's stinger, which in a way gave Grid a new ranged acid attack.

Put another way - if we are debating purely strength - Grid only won because of its own natural weapons, namely the inner jaw (and tail). If neither are allowed to use weapons but only pure strength (and I suppose "skills"wink, from what we saw, Celtic dominated.

My sense of the fight is that Grid tried to brawl with Celtic, but eventually recognised that it wasn't working so well. So he went for a different strategy, throwing acid to distract Celtic, then tried to sneak up on him.

FeelsBadXeno.gif

The fact remains that they have shown the ability.

Celtic didn't do any serious damage to Grid without weapons, he just tossed him around. You can't "braw" with someone who has weapons. A lion vs. an armed hunter is not a braw.

BTW, I don't think Celtic should've been able to beat on a Xeno like that in general. I expect a Xeno to use its tail far more effectively in close quarters. Celtic really wasn't that fast.

And while Grid dispatched two Predators (rookies), one could even argue he ain't that special or even inferior to "other" Xenos IMO.

Grid killed Chopper from behind, and against Celtic, got beat up and only won when he caught Celtic off guard.

I think a "peak" Xeno (all high-end feats from all Drones/Xenos in films) would be a tougher fight for Cap than Grid.

I don't think Celtic was that impressive, honestly. Smashing an Alien around doesn't mean you did any damage to it. When he was on even footing with Grid he got overpowered and killed quickly.

Inhuman
This is Grid from AvP, not the shitty xenos from AvP2,

All the Predators from AvP were shitty rookie Predators.
AvP2 showed what a Elite non rookie Pred would do to Xenos pretty effortlessly.

Psychotron
Go to bed, Colin Strause.

BruceSkywalker
Cap. i do not forsee him having all that much of a problem like others do

Psychotron
You're clearly not an Alien fan, then.

The Alien has all the tools it needs to beat Steve.

juggerman
Don't forget to vote!

BruceSkywalker
You're clearly not an Alien fan, then.

The Alien has all the tools it needs to beat Steve.

doesn't matter if soneone is a fan of not.. screen feats dicate the winner, not petty ignorant shit from people who think their shit don't stink...

anyways highly doubtful Cap just stands there.. also can acid even hurt the sheild

Psychotron
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
doesn't matter if soneone is a fan of not.. screen feats dicate the winner, not petty ignorant shit from people who think their shit don't stink...

anyways highly doubtful Cap just stands there.. also can acid even hurt the sheild

Good thing the Aliens have feats like bullet dodging, ripping apart steel, and tanking multi-tons of force as well as heat and cold extremes.

You're saying that like Cap can block every single drop. Imagine if you have a shield and someone shoots you with a hose. You're gonna get at least a few drops on you.

Tyrannoraptor
I'm pretty sure his shield gets broken in an upcoming movie. Also, if you didn't know, acid isn't blunt force trauma, acid breaks things down on a molecular level. But i doubt Captain America's shield might still be able to block the acid even if it melts right through it.

juggerman
I made this thread? Wow time flies!

Adam Grimes
Lol at the Xenomorph fanboys.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Lol at the Xenomorph fanboys.

yea definitely

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.