Should Germany tear down its Nazi past?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sable
Should the major cities like Berlin tear down the Gastapo headquaters, Hitlers bunker, the rest of the Berlin wall. Should Munich tear down the gas chamber Dachau. Should Auschwitz concentration camp be bulldozed?

MythLord
No. Let the memory live on so most people know just how awful that was and nobody makes the same mistake.

socool8520
IDK...I think it has historical significance. Something you can learn from.

Bashar Teg
it's not like these structures were erected long after the war as a callback to the good ol' 30's/40's,
and as a hostile message to jews/gays/liberals/gypsies/etc. so i dont think the narrative fits.

socool8520
^Nah...It's still offensive so the narrative fits.

Surtur
I say make it so that a decade from now nobody in Germany even knows who Hitler was. Problem solved.

Just don't talk about him. Shhh.

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by socool8520
^Nah...It's still offensive so the narrative fits.
just like those libtard strawmen who are screaming "tear down auchwitz we need to forget the holocaust". if i google hard enough i bet i can find one.

Flyattractor
I am suddenly reminded of this ...

https://i2.wp.com/zionistreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/giphy.gif?resize=729%2C410&ssl=1

So I would say that the German Leadership is trying to erase ALL THINGS GERMAN in Germany. Not just the Nazi Stuff.

socool8520
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
just like those libtard strawmen who are screaming "tear down auchwitz we need to forget the holocaust". if i google hard enough i bet i can find one.

I don't believe you should tear it down. It's like you're trying to act like people didn't suffer horrific tragedies. It should be a place where we remember the worst we have to offer as a species and hopefully learn to not make the same mistakes again.

Flyattractor
I don't believe you should tear it down. It's like you're trying to act like people didn't suffer horrific tragedies. It should be a place where we remember the worst we have to offer as a species and hopefully learn to not make the same mistakes again.

Enjoy your glimpse into the mental processes of Leftist Progressives.

Bashar Teg
I don't believe you should tear it down. It's like you're trying to act like people didn't suffer horrific tragedies.

nah, i never even implied that.

It should be a place where we remember the worst we have to offer as a species and hopefully learn to not make the same mistakes again.

i agree.

socool8520
nah, i never even implied that.

i agree.

I know you didn't. I was agreeing with you

jaden101
Amazing knowledge of history and geography here.

The gestapo headquarters were mostly destroyed by bombing and then totally demolished. Dachau isn't in Munich. Auschwitz isn't even in Germany (pretty sure if they wanted to demolish it that would involve invading Poland which is what started all the problems in the first place) and the Berlin didn't start getting built until the 1960s

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by jaden101
Auschwitz isn't even in Germany blah blah look at me i'm smart

i was just using an example of nazi history, you nazi history nazi

socool8520

The gestapo headquarters were mostly destroyed by bombing and then totally demolished. Dachau isn't in Munich. Auschwitz isn't even in Germany (pretty sure if they wanted to demolish it that would involve invading Poland which is what started all the problems in the first place) and the Berlin didn't start getting built until the 1960s

You don't need to invade anything. Start a Twitter campaign. it'll be gone in a week.

Flyattractor
https://media.giphy.com/media/3og0IMJcSI8p6hYQXS/giphy.gif

Sable

You are so wrong, you tried so hard to find a way to derail the thread but failed horribly. The Gastapo headquaters is still up. Ive seen it. Just look it up. Who cares is Auschwitz isnt directly in Germany, cut the crap. The premise it is a German relic. Danchu is close to Munich and its considered in close proxemity to Munich. And the Berlin wall was put up because if Nazi Germany. Its part of history of it. So you pretty much just lied about everything and or dont know history or geographic locations.

Tried and failed to derail cause you didnt like the subject matterthumb up

jaden101
Originally posted by Sable
You are so wrong, you tried so hard to find a way to derail the thread but failed horribly. The Gastapo headquaters is still up. Ive seen it. Just look it up. Who cares is Auschwitz isnt directly in Germany, cut the crap. The premise it is a German relic. Danchu is close to Munich and there are gas chambers in Munich.

Tried and failed to derail cause you didnt like the subject matterthumb up

Yeah. The Gestapo headquarters are still up. The one in Warsaw..... In Poland.

The one in Berlin is now the Topography of Terror museum. Which I've been in. It was built 7 years ago.

Sable
So why did you say it wasnt up? Just cut the crap dude.

Bashar Teg
sable there was more than one. the one in germany is no more.

Flyattractor
Yeah. The Gestapo headquarters are still up. The one in Warsaw..... In Poland.

The one in Berlin is now the Topography of Terror museum. Which I've been in. It was built 7 years ago.

Does the building still have Gestapo in it and are they still doing Gestapo things?

Cause if not... then guess what....Then its JUST A BUILDING!!!!!!

Sable
sable there was more than one. the one in germany is no more.

Ok my bad for not saying "should Nazi Germany Relics be torn down." He knows the premise. Hes just trying to play games.

Bashar Teg
i was just using an example of nazi history, you nazi history nazi

^^^know what i take this back, i didnt realize auchwitz was named in the OP.

unless you were also having a go at me in which case i don't take it back.

Surtur
Once those buildings are gone surely it will be as if the nazis just never existed.

Who killed Anne Frank? I can't even say anymore, I just do not have the information. Local hooligans did it.

socool8520
There's a book, but heaven forbid you might have a chance to see it.

Surtur
There's a book, but heaven forbid you might have a chance to see it.

It's just a diary about some teenage ruffians killing a poor jewish girl. sad

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Surtur
It's just a diary about some teenage ruffians killing a poor jewish girl. sad

that's unfair. there was violence on all sides. all sides. also some very fine people on both sides. shame she didn't just talk it out with the nazis, or we might be living in a better world today. very sad.

socool8520
Ehhhhh...There really wasn't violence on both sides in this instance though.

Bashar Teg
i was referring to his (non)response to a terrorist attack.

Surtur
that's unfair. there was violence on all sides. all sides. also some very fine people on both sides. shame she didn't just talk it out with the nazis, or we might be living in a better world today. very sad.

I mean, I'd have more sympathy for her if it wasn't for that one time she dropped a brick on a cops head and paralyzed him.

Not cool Anne, not cool.

Flyattractor
But it is OK to assassinate cops. Leftist don't have any problem with Cop Killing. I mean Obama had Rap Artists who made songs about it invited to the white house...

jaden101
Originally posted by Sable
So why did you say it wasnt up? Just cut the crap dude.

Maybe because you said BERLIN should tear down the Gestapo headquarters.

Incidentally, Hitler's bunker now consists of a sign showing where it was and has apartments and a car park built on it and while much of it is still buried, it's completely sealed off and built over.

Flyattractor
have they made a found footage ghost movie about that yet?

Cause if they haven't ....they should...

Surtur
Originally posted by Flyattractor
But it is OK to assassinate cops. Leftist don't have any problem with Cop Killing. I mean Obama had Rap Artists who made songs about it invited to the white house...

Well technically f you drop a brick on a cop and he is only paralyzed you didn't commit murder.

It was just civil disobedience.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Surtur
Well technically f you drop a brick on a cop and he is only paralyzed you didn't commit murder.

It was just civil disobedience.

But now he is a burden on the tax payers. Imagine how much that must upset Loyal Leftist Tax Payers.

chingchangwalla
No, they should return to it. Erect massive Hitler statues, start burning Communist literature and kill thots

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.