Dypso vs Android 17

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who's taking this?

cdtm
Android 17, easily.

Estacado
Dypso easy.
Saying A17 can beat a guy who Goku and Hit had problem with is simply dumb.

Hit would kick the shit out of him.

vansonbee
Dypso barely with his blitz, especially if he can penetrate #17 shield.

Estacado
I doubt 17 would have enough time to put on the shield also fat chick easily shattered it.

Dark-Kenshin
Android 17 maintains his ki-shield long enough to get used to Dypso's movements then proceeds to easily annihilate him by using the same weaknesses Hit and Goku exploited.

cdtm
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
Android 17 maintains his ki-shield long enough to get used to Dypso's movements then proceeds to easily annihilate him by using the same weaknesses Hit and Goku exploited.

Exactly. thumb up

Idiot will likely KO himself on the shield. Many more reasons to think the shield won't shatter then not.

carver9

Glad you feel that skill is greater than speed. Who would win, Wolverine or Zoom?

cdtm
Dypso is clearly moving faster then he can percieve, or he wouldn't be so linear and easy to predict.

He's like that speedster from One Piece early on in that. A Flash (or Superman) can both move and react at wel beyond light speeds.

Damborgson
Dypso would get caught hard off balance from the shield though. Then 17 would go to town on him. Like Goku said, he's too linear.

carver9
Originally posted by cdtm
Dypso is clearly moving faster then he can percieve, or he wouldn't be so linear and easy to predict.

He's like that speedster from One Piece early on in that. A Flash (or Superman) can both move and react at wel beyond light speeds.

Dypso moving faster than he can perceive? How does this even make sense? If he is moving faster than he could perceive he wouldn't be able to throw a punch in time.

Prove that Superman can combat at 5% the speed of light. What's Flash fastest combat showing? Stop trolling.

carver9
Originally posted by Damborgson
Dypso would get caught hard off balance from the shield though. Then 17 would go to town on him. Like Goku said, he's too linear.

How would 17 be able to react though? Just because Goku can see moving much faster than light doesn't mean 17 can.

cdtm
He's clearly not moving at light speed all the time, but in bursts. Like Kizaru.

This is obvious from the show.

carver9
He's clearly not moving at light speed all the time, but in bursts. Like Kizaru.

This is obvious from the show.

Prove it.

Dark-Kenshin
Originally posted by carver9
Glad you feel that skill is greater than speed. Who would win, Wolverine or Zoom? That's silly. Dypso shat his pants at the brief instant Goku went SSB but 17 can hang with SSB just fine. Dypso has zero chance. He's predictable and relies too much on his ears. 17 is too smart for Dypso. 17, Gohan, Frieza, Vegeta and Goku would each annihilate the cat man. Once you figure outhis gimmick, he's nothing to the top tier fighters.

cdtm
Prove it.

The fact the show outright said he's linear and uses his ears to predict when to burst?

Would not he an issue if he was in ftl mode all the time.

Damborgson
How would 17 be able to react though? Just because Goku can see moving much faster than light doesn't mean 17 can.

Well 17 was pretty ridiculous. He's lightning fast too and kept up with SSB Goku while holding back no less. Both were holding back but you know...

Although Dypso would smack him around like imperfrct cell for a while.

carver9
The fact the show outright said he's linear and uses his ears to predict when to burst?

Would not he an issue if he was in ftl mode all the time.

You said he was holding back his speed. Prove it.

carver9
That's silly. Dypso shat his pants at the brief instant Goku went SSB but 17 can hang with SSB just fine. Dypso has zero chance. He's predictable and relies too much on his ears. 17 is too smart for Dypso. 17, Gohan, Frieza, Vegeta and Goku would each annihilate the cat man. Once you figure outhis gimmick, he's nothing to the top tier fighters.

Listen to me when I say this. Skill does NOT have anything to do with combat if someone is trillions of times faster than you. The ONLY way you can over come that is by being (here's the important part) just as fast. Hit was able to counter him because he is just as fast. Goku was able to counter him in his Blue form because he was just as fast. You saying skill played a part is ludicrous.

As for the fight, I'm undecided.

carver9
Well 17 was pretty ridiculous. He's lightning fast too and kept up with SSB Goku while holding back no less. Both were holding back but you know...

Although Dypso would smack him around like imperfrct cell for a while.

I believe both Super Saiyan Blue Goku and 17 can keep up with the rat just fine imo. Hit was able too.

Dark-Kenshin
Listen to me when I say this. Skill does NOT have anything to do with combat if someone is trillions of times faster than you. The ONLY way you can over come that is by being (here's the important part) just as fast. Hit was able to counter him because he is just as fast. Goku was able to counter him in his Blue form because he was just as fast. You saying skill played a part is ludicrous.

As for the fight, I'm undecided. I don't buy the notion that Dypso is trillions of times faster than anybody on DBS, much less 17. And I'm pretty clueless on why you want ignore both Goku and Hit's own statements on how they beat Dypso. And I certainly don't know why you want to ignore 17 being an SSB caliber opponent, which we see is enough to make Dypso sh-t his pants.

carver9
I don't buy the notion that Dypso is trillions of times faster than anybody on DBS, much less 17. And I'm pretty clueless on why you want ignore both Goku and Hit's own statements on how they beat Dypso. And I certainly don't know why you want to ignore 17 being an SSB caliber opponent, which we see is enough to make Dypso sh-t his pants.

That was a metaphor...trillions of times.

Hit was blitzing Dypso during the end of the fight. Hit was dodging his attacks. This means that Hit was just as fast. I don't care how much skill I have... i can not hit someone that goes the speed of sound.

NewGuy01
You can absolutely hit someone running at you at the speed of sound if you time it correctly.

carver9
Originally posted by NewGuy01
You can absolutely hit someone running at you at the speed of sound if you time it correctly.

I should not be able too if it's in a combat situation. Also, Goku didn't say Dypso combat speed was only Linear, he said it's too Linear. I took it as he does not port around like DBZ fighters does when they use their speed. He was moving around against Hit but nowhere close to the way Goku or the other Z fighters does.

cdtm
Because he can't. Dyspo can only move in short bursts, and can't see what he's doing.

carver9
Because he can't. Dyspo can only move in short bursts, and can't see what he's doing.

So how did he punch Hit and Goku in the face multiples of times?

cdtm
The same way Captain Kuro hit Luffy in One Piece.

carver9
The same way Captain Kuro hit Luffy in One Piece.

Lol...if you're able to react at that speed the you can obviously see at those speed as well or he would have ringed out. The speed of light is 186000 miles per second...him not being able to not see what he is doing would ring him out as soon as be burst forward. We are talking about a guy that goes far faster than light.

cdtm
Because light speedsters go off the planet every time they step forward? laughing

The narrative couldn't be more obvious about it. He's linear because he can't see where he's going, and needs audio cues to know when to strike Hit (Since if he leapt forward into a time skip, he'd be ****ed..)

carver9
Because light speedsters go off the planet every time they step forward? laughing

The narrative couldn't be more obvious about it. He's linear because he can't see where he's going, and needs audio cues to know when to strike Hit (Since if he leapt forward into a time skip, he'd be ****ed..)

Yeah, you're making crap up. We are done.

cdtm
No, I read the manga and follow context, instead of making up fan fiction in my head like "some" people (Or person)

carver9
No, I read the manga and follow context, instead of making up fan fiction in my head like "some" people (Or person)

Lol...he can't see what he is doing while going light speed. People try to discredit showings but this right here is hilarious.

cdtm
And he needs to listen for audio cues because..

carver9
Flash and Zoom was fighting so fast that Superman was a statue.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124784/3427836-flash+%5Bv2%5D+%23200+page+21.jpg

Now look at Zoom and Flash. Their entire fight was linear and Superman was still a statue. I wonder why he didn't just fly down there and assist Flash? He fights better than both Flash and Zoom combined due to his training with Bruce. Since linear speed can be predicted, he should have been able to just sweep down there and help Flash out instead of being a statue during their entire battle. I wonder why this happened? Hhhhhhmmmm (common sense).

NewGuy01
Unlike anyone else so far it's not his normal speed. He boosts his normal speed "a thousandfold" when he attacks, doesn't mean his senses get better.

carver9
And he needs to listen for audio cues because..

He listened to Hit because Hit uses techniques. He listened for muscle movements so that he know when to attack. Nothing more nothing less.

carver9
Unlike anyone else so far it's not his normal speed. He boosts his normal speed "a thousandfold" when he attacks, doesn't mean his senses get better.

How fast is his normal speed?

Inedian
Dyspo wins. SSB is far beyond 17 no matter their fight (both holding back... forget that excuse... SSB>>>17 and 17 is not on that caliber, Frieza is that caliber, not 17... it's easy when Goku is you opponent... imagine him going against Frieza... 17 gets destroyed in an instant). When Goku saw Dyspo and returned the punch, even Whis said that he turned in SSB and maximized his power and speed. 17 is far below that maximum of SSB.

Dyspo with ease.

cdtm
He listened to Hit because Hit uses techniques. He listened for muscle movements so that he know when to attack. Nothing more nothing less.

If he's so much faster then Goku or Hit all the time, he wouldn't need audio cues.

carver9
If he's so much faster then Goku or Hit all the time, he wouldn't need audio cues.

I don't think he's faster than any of them and he use audio waves because it helps him know when to strike. Your argument doesn't even make sense because if it did, he wouldn't have been able to land clean punches. Think about it. Flash in the scan above absorbed the speed of everyone on the planet and he was still able to keep pace with Zoom and land solid blows. Flash adjusted to the speed. The fight above is the fastest he s ever went and he was able to adjust to it just fine. What I am trying to say is your argument is dumb.

Dark-Kenshin
Originally posted by Inedian
Dyspo wins. SSB is far beyond 17 no matter their fight (both holding back... forget that excuse... SSB>>>17 and 17 is not on that caliber, Frieza is that caliber, not 17... it's easy when Goku is you opponent... imagine him going against Frieza... 17 gets destroyed in an instant). When Goku saw Dyspo and returned the punch, even Whis said that he turned in SSB and maximized his power and speed. 17 is far below that maximum of SSB.

Dyspo with ease. In essence, 17 is far below SSB . . . because you say so?

Inedian
In essence, 17 is far below SSB . . . because you say so?

And he is on the caliber of SSB because you say so (because of their chilidsh fight)?
You know Goku was going quite often in SSB mode before ToP (also against Krilin)?

And like I said... imagine 17 being on the caliber of Golden Frieza? No he isn't. It's easy when Goku is in front of you in a sparring match.

Don't kid yourself.

Dark-Kenshin
And he is on the caliber of SSB because you say so (because of their chilidsh fight)?
You know Goku was going quite often in SSB mode before ToP (also against Krilin)?

And like I said... imagine 17 being on the caliber of Golden Frieza? No he isn't. It's easy when Goku is in front of you in a sparring match.

Don't kid yourself. He is on the caliber of SSB because Goku, having no intention to use SSB, was forced to use it during their fight and still fail to get the better of him. That's clear evidence of the writer's intent that 17 is at or around SSB level. You, on the other hand, appear to believe otherwise because . . . reasons? Head canon maybe? I dunno. You haven't exactly been clear and the way you phrase 17's fight with Goku (childish?) suggests to me that we're dealing with your head canon as opposed to any objective data. confused

carver9

Don't kid yourself.

thumb up

I'm guessing he thought Goku was trying to kill his friends.

Dark-Kenshin
thumb up

I'm guessing he thought Goku was trying to kill his friends. And perhaps you thought Goku was trying to kill Gohan? Perhaps you thought Goku was trying to kill Frieza during their recent spar? Perhaps you thought Goku was trying to kill Vegeta during the 3 years he trained with him in the ROSAT? Perhaps you'll think Goku is trying to kill Jiren when they fight? Perhaps you're now thinking this is a road you don't want to go down? stick out tongue

cdtm
I don't think he's faster than any of them and he use audio waves because it helps him know when to strike. Your argument doesn't even make sense because if it did, he wouldn't have been able to land clean punches. Think about it. Flash in the scan above absorbed the speed of everyone on the planet and he was still able to keep pace with Zoom and land solid blows. Flash adjusted to the speed. The fight above is the fastest he s ever went and he was able to adjust to it just fine. What I am trying to say is your argument is dumb.

Not faster, and yet Goku could nsver outspeed Hit in both their matcb's.

Dypso is hyped as MUCH faster then Goku. He could only be defeated by exploiting his linear weakness, and the fact he's unable to blitz at top speed. Try thinking once in awhile.

carver9
And perhaps you thought Goku was trying to kill Gohan? Perhaps you thought Goku was trying to kill Frieza during their recent spar? Perhaps you thought Goku was trying to kill Vegeta during the 3 years he trained with him in the ROSAT? Perhaps you'll think Goku is trying to kill Jiren when they fight? Perhaps you're now thinking this is a road you don't want to go down? stick out tongue

What does spar mean to you?

carver9
Not faster, and yet Goku could nsver outspeed Hit in both their matcb's.

Dypso is hyped as MUCH faster then Goku. He could only be defeated by exploiting his linear weakness, and the fact he's unable to blitz at top speed. Try thinking once in awhile.

Because Hit is Goku equal. Duh.

I'm glad you think kid Goku can beat Flash because Flash entire combat forte is linear. Baby Goku stomps.

carver9
Definition of spar...

To fight with an opponent in a short bout or practice session, as in boxing or the martial arts. b. To make boxing or fighting motions without hitting one's opponent. 2.

Jiren and Goku isn't sparring.

NewGuy01
He said Frieza and Goku.

Dramatic Gecko
Everyone stop being silly.

Android 17 wins.

Dyspo can speed up to blitz him sure, but he can't maintain it. 17 is strong enough to outlast him for sure and unlimited stamina goes a long way. If Dyspo can't one shot and we know he can't. Android 17 wins through stamina and generally being smarter than Dyspo.

cdtm
Originally posted by Dramatic Gecko
Everyone stop being silly.

Android 17 wins.

Dyspo can speed up to blitz him sure, but he can't maintain it. 17 is strong enough to outlast him for sure and unlimited stamina goes a long way. If Dyspo can't one shot and we know he can't. Android 17 wins through stamina and generally being smarter than Dyspo.

thumb up Somebody knows how to follow a damned story.

Damborgson

Thats kind of retarded dude. And I don't mean any particular offense, but to think that he's this blinded disoriented mess moving at speeds his senses can't cover is pretty absurd. If he can move at the speed, his senses are trained to follow with him.

cdtm
Ray Terril can move so fast he can turn back time.. He still had to stop every so often in space, because he kept shooting past star systems and couldn't really make out where he was going.

carver9
Thats kind of retarded dude. And I don't mean any particular offense, but to think that he's this blinded disoriented mess moving at speeds his senses can't cover is pretty absurd. If he can move at the speed, his senses are trained to follow with him.

Exactly. They probably need to relook at the fight. Every last one of Dypso punches landed directly on Hits face. The downplaying that they tend to do is jokable

Estacado
So a dude who can give Hit and Goku trouble is goin to easily get smashed by 17.

17 could never ever do what Dypso did to Hit.

carver9
Nope. Not at all. The anime form is a hard place to get people to comprehend. It's like the people on this side of the forum cover their eyes on what's going on and imagine something completely different. It's hilarious.

Dark-Kenshin
Originally posted by Estacado
So a dude who can give Hit and Goku trouble is goin to easily get smashed by 17.

17 could never ever do what Dypso did to Hit. Time-wise, Hit was able to deal with Dypso in under a minute and would've beaten him outright without Goku's assistance if not for U11's double teaming.

carver9
Time-wise, Hit was able to deal with Dypso in under a minute and would've beaten him outright without Goku's assistance if not for U11's double teaming.

He still gave Hit a hard time.

Dramatic Gecko
In no means is this a blitz by 17. This is just the fact that Dyspo couldn't secure a quick a win through speed blitz. He doesn't have the strength. Nor does he have the stamina to sustain his speed or even fight for longer than a minute. Assuming this is a battle to the death then 17 will win after being knocked around by speed during the opening of the fight. When 17 creates a counter strategy Dyspo will lose because he really only has one gimmick.

There is also the issue of 17's invisible energy signature. However Dyspo relies on his ears so he might not have to worry about that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.