Sam Witwer on Maul and Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Q: How aware is Maul of Vader?

A: He's definitely been keeping tabs on Vader. One of the thing we always keep in mind that Dave used to lament when working on The Clone Wars is that Vader is the ultimate. I remember Dave saying to me, "you know, part of the challenge is that the bad guys in our show, we want to make them tough, and some of them we want to make them really tough and unbeatable, but they're up against Darth Vader." I mean, he's Anakin Skywalker at this point, but it's still Darth Vader. So at this point (Rebels), the bad guys have the MVP, and Maul, at some level, would be thinking dismissively, "oh, well why this guy?" and on another level would be very afraid. He would be like, "oh, I don't really want to test myself against this Vader guy." Because not only would he be curious as to why Palpatine would pick this guy, but Maul would know quite a lot about Vader through his spying and this and that and would realize how capable this guy is.

chingchangwalla
Maul's dead no one cares

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Q: How aware is Maul of Vader?

He isn't aware of Vader, he's deaderm

Rebel95
Nice find, but nothing new here. Vader is a beast, Maul is dead, and Quan is still in denial.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
He isn't aware of Vader, he's deaderm

If you had the capacity to think critically, you'd realize this is before Maul was killed.

Rockydonovang
If you had the capacity to think critically, you'd realize this is before Maul was killed.
You're no fun Ant sad

Darth Thor
but they're up against Darth Vader." I mean, he's Anakin Skywalker at this point, but it's still Darth Vader.

Seems like they never saw much difference between TCW Anakin and OT Vader in terms of combat level.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Seems like they never saw much difference between TCW Anakin and OT Vader in terms of combat level.
That's some reaching right there

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Seems like

NewGuy01
I actually got the same vibe, from that and some other things that Filoni has said.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.