Iron Fist vs Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sable
Fight

Psychotron
Iron Fist could potentially one-shot him. Danielson 6/10.

Sable
Caps faster, stronger, and a better fighter and has a indestructable shield, how is he one shotting him?

cdtm
By a magic fist.

Cap gets hit all the time. And the Iron Fist is magic, the Fist's bypassed plenty of things because of that in the comics (Speedballs kinetic field, Cap's shield getting knocked back, Nitro's gasous hand being harmed..)

Sable
Its not bypassing his shield. Gao and Cage and Black Sky got up after being hit as well.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Sable
Caps faster, stronger, and a better fighter and has a indestructable shield, how is he one shotting him?

By hitting him with a chi-powered fist.

Sable
So cap doesnt have a shield now?

FrothByte
A single IF from Danny can take Cap out if landed directly. But... a single hit from Cap can also take out Danny if landed properly, or at least knock him down and hurt him. It's going to be very hard for Danny to land that IF when Cap is hitting him with superhuman strength and being skilled and fast enough to keep up with him. It would be like fighting a Daredevil enhanced with Jessica Jones' strength. Danny won't be able to take more than a few hits from Cap whereas Cap can tank pretty much everything Danny throws at him other than the IF.

In the end I have to give Cap the win, maybe 7/10. Danny winning 3/10 by lucky shot of his IF. And that's only h2h. Give Cap the shield and I'll go 10/10 in favor of Cap.

tkitna
Just finished the Defenders and Danny kind of got smacked around the entire flick in my opinion. DD appeared to be a much better fighter than IF. Cap would kill him.

Sable
Originally posted by tkitna
Just finished the Defenders and Danny kind of got smacked around the entire flick in my opinion. DD appeared to be a much better fighter than IF. Cap would kill him.

9thumb up

relentless1
Cap stomps with shield to block Fist, can stomp in pure h2h so long as he can avoid the Fist

TheVaultDweller
Froth summed it up. Danny could potentially win, if he could get a clean IF strike in on Steve, but it's very unlikely, as Steve has virtually every other physical advantage. So, I'd back Cap for a solid majority.

Mindset
Cap wins.

They made Danny kinda shitty in comparison to movie street levelers.

BruceSkywalker
Cap stomps

Psychotron
Yeah, guys, cause Steve never got tagged by street level guys before. All it takes for one solid chi punch and Cap is done.

Nibedicus
Cap wins 10/10. Faster, stronger, has long range due to shield throw plus shield neutralizes fist.

Silent Master
Unless I missed something, Danny doesn't go around spamming the IF during fights. so just because Cap has been hit before doesn't mean Danny is guaranteed or even likely to land the IF.

Psychotron
He'd fight to his full capacity in a forum fight. There's no reason for him to not use his strongest attack, especially if he's fighting a superhuman.

cdtm
Iron Fist wins, with ease.

Silent Master
Talk about strawman.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by Psychotron
He'd fight to his full capacity in a forum fight. There's no reason for him to not use his strongest attack, especially if he's fighting a superhuman. It takes time to summon the chi and even then it's hard to tell if he's going to be able to land a solid hit or if that would be enough.

FrothByte
Which street level guys have tagged Cap in a one on one match where Cap was fully prepared?

Surtur
What about starting off with a ground pound?

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Surtur
What about starting off with a ground pound?

And do what? Cap would regain his balance instantly (like when QS flung him into the air) and IF would lose his one best attack and would need to recharge.

Better question is: what if Cap starts with a shield throw? That would KO IF or at least daze him enough for the finish.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
It takes time to summon the chi and even then it's hard to tell if he's going to be able to land a solid hit or if that would be enough.

I've only seen Defenders but he seems to be able to summon it just fine in the final fight or against Luke.

KingD19
Cap can take an IF better than anyone who's gotten hit save Cage. I don't even see 2-3 knocking him out, as Elektra shrugged them off as well as Luke and Gao. They only took a few seconds to recover.

On the other hand, as it's been pointed out, Cap is easily in Jones/Cage strength range as well as durability. But on top of that he's far faster, more agile, and skilled than most people Danny's fought. That combo will be too much for him imo.

Psychotron
He's doesn't have Cage's durability, he can't take more 1 or two 2 shots.

cdtm
Danny can knock Cages head off if he wanted to..

BruceSkywalker
yeah this...

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Cap stomps

FrothByte
Originally posted by KingD19
Cap can take an IF better than anyone who's gotten hit save Cage. I don't even see 2-3 knocking him out, as Elektra shrugged them off as well as Luke and Gao. They only took a few seconds to recover.

On the other hand, as it's been pointed out, Cap is easily in Jones/Cage strength range as well as durability. But on top of that he's far faster, more agile, and skilled than most people Danny's fought. That combo will be too much for him imo.

I don't recall Gao or Elektra taking a full direct hit of chi fist.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by FrothByte
A single IF from Danny can take Cap out if landed directly. But... a single hit from Cap can also take out Danny if landed properly, or at least knock him down and hurt him. It's going to be very hard for Danny to land that IF when Cap is hitting him with superhuman strength and being skilled and fast enough to keep up with him. It would be like fighting a Daredevil enhanced with Jessica Jones' strength. Danny won't be able to take more than a few hits from Cap whereas Cap can tank pretty much everything Danny throws at him other than the IF.

In the end I have to give Cap the win, maybe 7/10. Danny winning 3/10 by lucky shot of his IF. And that's only h2h. Give Cap the shield and I'll go 10/10 in favor of Cap.

thumb up

100% agree with everything you said...

TheLordofMurder

thumb up

Well said...

KingD19

Danny hit Elektra the first episode and launched her through that door. She was gone before he got there. He hit her again in the group fight and she was back up before she was even on the ground that long.

Gao took a hit as well when they were fighting the Fingers iirc, or during another fight. I'll have to look around to recall.

Also Cap has taken hits from Spidey, Iron-Man, Loki, Ultron, Quicksilver, etc... A single fist of the caliber we saw in Defenders will piss him off, but definitely won't put him down.

FrothByte
Danny hit Elektra the first episode and launched her through that door. She was gone before he got there. He hit her again in the group fight and she was back up before she was even on the ground that long.

Gao took a hit as well when they were fighting the Fingers iirc, or during another fight. I'll have to look around to recall.

Also Cap has taken hits from Spidey, Iron-Man, Loki, Ultron, Quicksilver, etc... A single fist of the caliber we saw in Defenders will piss him off, but definitely won't put him down.

That wasn't a direct hit though. His fist stopped just before it hit her but the force was still enough to launch her backwards. Same thing happened in their group fight as well as with Gao. He was basically hitting air but the force was enough to launch them back.

Ironman, Ultron, Loki and Spiderman are not strong enough to destroy an entire floor with a single punch.

HulkIsHulk
In character Danny never punched anyone with that force, even Luke. Why would he here?

TheVaultDweller

Gao tried to block a chi fist with one of her own amped palm strikes during one of the final fights, and was sent flying back, along with her underlings. Elektra took one directly to the gut during the fight where she got Danny to open the door the Hand were trying to pass, during the second last episode. Was actually a similar scenario to the first time he hit Luke, except he hit her in the stomach instead of the jaw.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
In character Danny never punched anyone with that force, even Luke. Why would he here?

Well, the second one he hit Luke with was close. The force of the blow created a shock wave that sent everyone off their feat and spread across the entire room they were in, which was pretty large.

abhilegend
Yeah if he connects with a full Iron Fist Cap is at least too stunned to fight and at worst koed.

cdtm
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Gao tried to block a chi fist with one of her own amped palm strikes during one of the final fights, and was sent flying back, along with her underlings. Elektra took one directly to the gut during the fight where she got Danny to open the door the Hand were trying to pass, during the second last episode. Was actually a similar scenario to the first time he hit Luke, except he hit her in the stomach instead of the jaw.

Elektra was bullshit pis. She got knocked back just from being near the fist when he shattered her sword, yet shurgs off a direct fist to the body.

That's some nice WWE style no-selling right there.

TheVaultDweller
Thing is, Cap isn't stupid. He's been in enough scuffles with all kinds of enemies to know that when your opponent's one fist suddenly starts glowing, it's probably something best avoided.

cdtm
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Thing is, Cap isn't stupid. He's been in enough scuffles with all kinds of enemies to know that when your opponent's one fist suddenly starts glowing, it's probably something best avoided.

Indeed he would.

Which wouldn't help him much in the comic, because Iron Fist is written as a top tier martial artist who happens to have a super charged fist. Danny wouldn't go swinging wildly in comic as he did against Elektra, he'd light that sucker up and let Cap try and come to him.. (And it isn't supposed to be a big swing haymaker anyways. Chi amp should let a little quick jab turn Cage airborn, as the chi's doing all the work and not the momentum of the fist..)

TV Danny is written more like an upper mid range martial artist who relies on the fist to bail him out. I guess the TV people, whether it was script writers, producers, or whoever, figured Matt would be irrelevent if Danny was at his level, plus had the chi smash, hence the brief scuffle with Matt having a clear advantage.

cdtm
Without an Iron Fist, these things are true:

1. Guards can be broken.

2. Grapples are VERY hard to avoid (Even in boxing, how often to clinch's happen?)

So there's no way Cap is guarding against an Iron Fist with anything but his shield. And avoiding it should be pretty difficult, because Cap isn't a hummingbird and Danny isn't an elephant.. They're pretty comparable in speed. All Danny really needs to do is rush him (Not like an idiot, but intelligently), grab him, and pound him

Cap's main advantage is the shield, for attack and defense. While Danny basically has Mjolnir attached to his hand, and can attack/defend with it just as easily as normal attacks, because it's still his hand..

FrothByte
^ just want to point out that Cap was able to avoid Winter Soldier's knife just fine.

cdtm
^ just want to point out that Cap was able to avoid Winter Soldier's knife just fine.

Street cheese. Danny blocked a bullet. stick out tongue

But like I said, "comparable speed."

Tbh, Winter Soldier should crush Cap.. Like, literally crush. Just catch his damned punch and clamp down on his knuckles/rip his arm out of socket.

KingD19
Originally posted by cdtm
Street cheese. Danny blocked a bullet. stick out tongue

But like I said, "comparable speed."

Tbh, Winter Soldier should crush Cap.. Like, literally crush. Just catch his damned punch and clamp down on his knuckles/rip his arm out of socket.

And Bucky has on multiple occasions blocked "multiple automatic rounds" with his arm. So he's faster than Danny by a good amount.

And Cap easily blocked Mjolnir. He's gonna either dodge or block the shiny glowing energy hand. And if/when he blocks with the shield, Danny's gonna get all that force rebounded right back at him.

cdtm
Sure, if he turtles, and Danny is stupid enough to play in to his trap (And assuming the shield deflect magic, though I've no doubt it can block it.) Thor, for example, only needed to grab the shield with his bare hands and overpower Cap..

All things equal and assuming both fight intelligently, I'd much rather have a sword then a shield..

Rage.Of.Olympus
Captain America stomps him. I don't even know how this is a fight. He's facing someone as strong as Luke Cage, more skilled than Daredevil, faster than Electra and overall a superior athlete.

This would be like vs. Batroc except Iron Fist would hit the shield for a huge shockwave after getting his ass kicked. And Steve can tank an Iron Fist so even if it lands it's not an auto win. But a single shield bash to Rand's hit would knock him out.

h1a8
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Captain America stomps him. I don't even know how this is a fight. He's facing someone as strong as Luke Cage, more skilled than Daredevil, faster than Electra and overall a superior athlete.

This would be like vs. Batroc except Iron Fist would hit the shield for a huge shockwave after getting his ass kicked. And Steve can tank an Iron Fist so even if it lands it's not an auto win. But a single shield bash to Rand's hit would knock him out.

Cap wins but Cap isn't as strong as Luke Cage if you look at the average showings.

Steve can't take a IF if Danny doesn't hold back.

KingD19
Sure, if he turtles, and Danny is stupid enough to play in to his trap (And assuming the shield deflect magic, though I've no doubt it can block it.) Thor, for example, only needed to grab the shield with his bare hands and overpower Cap..

All things equal and assuming both fight intelligently, I'd much rather have a sword then a shield..

He doesn't need to turtle. Just bring the shield up and block like he has done multiple people for multiple movies.

And Danny is stupid enough to fall into his trap. He's a f*cking idiot and its shown as well as mentioned by almost everyone he comes into contact with in both IF and Defenders.

The Thor example of overpowering Cap is useless here as Cap can rag doll Danny if he felt like it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by h1a8
Cap wins but Cap isn't as strong as Luke Cage if you look at the average showings.

Steve can't take a IF if Danny doesn't hold back.

I did and he's definitely as strong.

cdtm

None of those things are true. laughing

cdtm
He doesn't need to turtle. Just bring the shield up and block like he has done multiple people for multiple movies.

And Danny is stupid enough to fall into his trap. He's a f*cking idiot and its shown as well as mentioned by almost everyone he comes into contact with in both IF and Defenders.

The Thor example of overpowering Cap is useless here as Cap can rag doll Danny if he felt like it.

Danny's just ignorant of social norms. Virtually everything he's done is both well meaning and helpful.

You can make more of an argument that Batman turns everything to crap then you could Danny, who's only ever tried to help people and been open to changing his approach (From beating up hoods (Or "people trying to feed their families", as Cage put it) to going after board CEO's..)

When it comes to fighting, he's top notch. Very near Matt's skill, with a megaton punch that would knock even Cap on his ass (Who's being way overwanked in this thread. He's a half step above Matt at best, not Wonder Man.)

abhilegend

Cap isn't even as strong as Jessica much less Luke. How is he more skilled than Matt and faster than Elektra?

Nibedicus
Without an Iron Fist, these things are true:

1. Guards can be broken.

2. Grapples are VERY hard to avoid (Even in boxing, how often to clinch's happen?)

So there's no way Cap is guarding against an Iron Fist with anything but his shield. And avoiding it should be pretty difficult, because Cap isn't a hummingbird and Danny isn't an elephant.. They're pretty comparable in speed. All Danny really needs to do is rush him (Not like an idiot, but intelligently), grab him, and pound him

Cap's main advantage is the shield, for attack and defense. While Danny basically has Mjolnir attached to his hand, and can attack/defend with it just as easily as normal attacks, because it's still his hand..

Grappling Cap is a horrible horrible idea (like worst idea ever). What's to stop Cap simply grabbing the glowy hand by the wrist and shield bashing Danny? He is literally at least 10x stronger and (by on screen showings) faster, heavier by weight/mass and actually has grappling showings where he pins his opponent's arm. Any grappling attempt by Danny would end very very very badly for him. It would be like: Danny lunges, Cap shield bashes him or shoves his face into the ground for the KO. Absolute massacre. It would be like a 10 year old trying to grapple the Mountain. Squish.

And I don't know how you even think that Cap would have a hard time blocking one extremely obvious "please block me" glowy hand when he has blocked actual gunfire at point blank range aimed at different parts of his body to circumvent the shield.

And his arms/limbs aren't anywhere as good defensively as a shield (duh). If he blocks Cap's kicks, he's gonna get thrown or his arm badly hurt. If he blocks a large heavy metal shield being swung by a superstrong supersoldier, his arms will get broken. He can dodge, sure maybe parry (but that still will hurt badly). But shield > arm for attack and shield >>>>>> arm/limb for defense.

Nibedicus
Breaking it down Cap has better stats, has a means to neutralize IF's trump card, has better offense and defense, better consistent technique (due to superior choreography), higher versatility (grappling showings, ranged attack) has one shot potential with a better means of delivery, has more oneshot threats (4 limbs + shield vs one IF that requires recharge if it hits the shield) AND can rebound his opponents trump card (via shield) back to his face on a succesful (highly likely) block.

So how is this a fight again?

cdtm
10x stronger. laughing

What bullshit arguments. I bet you're the same people that argued comic Steve crush's Danny without the Iron Fist (Which he absolutely does not. The reverse, more likely.) You make Dragon Ball fans look reasonable, and that's saying something.

Nibedicus
10x stronger. laughing

What bullshit arguments. You make Dragon Ball fans look reasonable, and that's saying something.

Ok, best strength showing by Danny.

Go.

Let me start with an easy one: Motorcycle lift nonchalantly (CA:FA): estimated at 1100 lbs overhead. Done with zero strain.

https://youtu.be/7i574Em3IrI

(2:15)

Your turn.

Nibedicus
I bet you're the same people that argued comic Steve crush's Danny without the Iron Fist (Which he absolutely does not. The reverse, more likely.) You make Dragon Ball fans look reasonable, and that's saying something.

This isn't comics, this is Defenders TV series IF vs movie Cap. Thus we use "feats" and showings from said shows.

Dreampanther

thumb up

cdtm
Originally posted by Nibedicus
This isn't comics, this is Defenders TV series IF vs movie Cap. Thus we use "feats" and showings from said shows.

Uh huh.

And what feat makes you think Cap is shrugging off a floor busting Iron Fist, or that he's anywhere near Luke Cage level durability, Matt level skill, or any of that other B.S. Rage.Of.Olympus claimed.

Who I believe argued against feats on many occasions in his comic debates, as MANY have.. Danny vs Cap no shield no IF is one example of such, where the board bandwagons on Steve to such a degree they even call him KOing Hulk as "not PIS."

The definition of fanboyism, if you Cap taking Hulk doesn't raise an eyebrow.

Nibedicus
Uh huh.

And what feat makes you think Cap is shrugging off a floor busting Iron Fist, or that he's anywhere near Luke Cage level durability, Matt level skill, or any of that other B.S. Rage.Of.Olympus claimed.

Who I believe argued against feats on many occasions in his comic debates, as MANY have.. Danny vs Cap no shield no IF is one example of such, where the board bandwagons on Steve to such a degree they even call him KOing Hulk as "not PIS."

The definition of fanboyism, if you Cap taking Hulk doesn't raise an eyebrow.

Did I say he would be shrugging off a floor busting Iron Fist? Or that Cap has LC durability? Talk about strawman. I might maybe debate Cap vs Matt skill but that is neither here nor there (as you still need to post arguments against my original posts on your "grapple" logic).

You say my points are BS but offer no rebuttal or point out anything where I am in error other than the 10x strength thing. You are then offered to post "feats" to argue points regarding the 10x strength thing but do not respond to it and now just post arguments I haven't even made, and accuse me of being a fanboy when I posted relevant arguments that are open for you to argue against.

Yet you say I am unreasonable.

Sable
Originally posted by Psychotron
He's doesn't have Cage's durability, he can't take more 1 or two 2 shots.

I see you ran off, Cap winsthumb up

cdtm
I see you ran off, Cap winsthumb up

Filling in for him.

Danny wins. wink

Nevan
TV Iron Fist isn't comics IF, he needs to charge up the fist, doesn't normally start with it and if Cap blocks it he needs to recharge before using it again.

Nevan
Where does Cap get hit all the time?

E0hATPE_oGY

Here even after being taken by surprise by Batroc he's only hit twice, even blocking the initial hit with the shield.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by abhilegend
Cap isn't even as strong as Jessica much less Luke. How is he more skilled than Matt and faster than Elektra?

Yes he is. His feats easily match Luke's best. The only thing I couldn't see him replicating was the SUV feat but with his shield he can stop a car no doubt. Steve literally kicked a park jeep so hard it slid and sent a soldier flying rather casually in AoU.

Faster than Elektra in combat and more skilled than Matt might not have been true before but now it is. The least conclusive thing is Matt's skill but even then it's debatable enough that it doesn't matter.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Steve is multiple times stronger than Iron Fist. He could grab Danny by the wrist and shove the Iron Fist up his ass without much problem.

Danny and Matt are capable fighters and elites similar to Black Widow. When facing beings like Steve, T'Challa and Bucky they're screwed. Superhuman physical enhancements far beyond human with comparable skill.

KingD19
I could actually see him pushing the SUV like that too. It was obviously either in Drive or Neutral as she got it there in the first place. And Cap has done stuff like palm Ultron's chest and push him hard enough to sail 30 feet away and shatter a highway support column for instance.

FrothByte
It should be noted than Danny's ironfist doesn't need to connect to do damage. As seen multiple times in the Defenders, just the energy surrounding it is enough to launch back opponents and hurt them.

KingD19
It should be noted than Danny's ironfist doesn't need to connect to do damage. As seen multiple times in the Defenders, just the energy surrounding it is enough to launch back opponents and hurt them.

And Cap's shield + superior reflexes = perfect defense that will bounce the energy right nack at Danny.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Captain America IF he was taken off his feet by the shock wave would quickly recover. He'd recover faster than Iron Fist would himself from the shockwave ironically if it's widespread. Quicksilver hits with crazy hard momentum, sending multiple assailants flying easily, even tearing apart Ultron drones when all-out and Cap landed on his feet like a feline.

Sable
Filling in for him.

Danny wins. wink

No one agrees with you besides the guy who ran off because he was overwhelmed.

cdtm
No one agrees with you besides the guy who ran off because he was overwhelmed.

The Dragon Ball Super page has me used to standing alone against the unwashed ignorant masses. thumb up

Sable
Its not ignorant to think Cap wins, when he clearly does. He has taken on tougher opponents, has greater feats.

Danny has been KO'd numerous times, isnt that durable. One hard hit from Cap would likely kill him.

cdtm
An Iron Fist would splatter Cap.

FrothByte
And Cap's shield + superior reflexes = perfect defense that will bounce the energy right nack at Danny.

Which is why I gave Cap a 10/10 win with shield but only 7/10 in pure h2h.

cdtm
Which is why I gave Cap a 10/10 win with shield but only 7/10 in pure h2h.

Bah, you can't hide behind a shield forever.

The only reason it stops Mjolnir or Hulk is because they won't simply counter his little punch's with one of their own. You know, the sensible thing.

Sable
An Iron Fist would splatter Cap.

It wouldn't because it didn't spatter any of the fodder he hit with it, or any of the Hand members.

Sable
Bah, you can't hide behind a shield forever.

The only reason it stops Mjolnir or Hulk is because they won't simply counter his little punch's with one of their own. You know, the sensible thing.

You are right, if IF leads with he, he will block it, redirect it back at him, then destroy him.

Nibedicus
It looks like cdtm is just trolling, so I guess this has been pretty much settled.

cdtm
It looks like cdtm is just trolling, so I guess this has been pretty much settled.

Trolling? confused

No, I'm seriously frustrated with the "shield > all" logic that's been following Cap in every media incarnation, while Iron Fist often has the "they'll just dodge it" arguments.

The shield argument, especially. There's so many ways to defeat an indestructible shield.. But comic character ususally attack it like idiots, while Cap calmly stands behind it.

Arguing it plays out like that in a board fight, is like saying because Superman doesn't use often use super speed against Batman, he won't here. Or that Flash won't just blitz Snart.

Board match's are supposed to.play out differently then that.

Forget Cap for a minute, and forget movies, lets use a classic Spidey vs Danny fight.

Common argument: Peter neatly dodges every IF, combo to KO.

My argument: If this is Street Fighter, Danny has the Shoruken. Spidey isn't so much faster he can dodge a point blank IF. Spidey throws a punch, Danny throws a punch, they collide, Danny should win.

Spidey attacks in any way physically, he's open to an IF.

Danny chases Peter and swings and keeps missing, he'll of course lose.

I don't believe this makes sense for a top tier MA, even if in every fight this is what happened in comic.

Nibedicus
Yup. Trolling.

h1a8
I did and he's definitely as strong. No he's not. He's barely half as strong.

h1a8
Ok, best strength showing by Danny.

Go.

Let me start with an easy one: Motorcycle lift nonchalantly (CA:FA): estimated at 1100 lbs overhead. Done with zero strain.

https://youtu.be/7i574Em3IrI

(2:15)

Your turn.

Strength is irrelevant here. These two are not going to grapple. If can possibly one shot Cap if he wanted to. Don't tell him Danny can't land a blow on Cap.

Sable
Strength is irrelevant? HAHAHAHAHAHA

Do you understand how fast Cap is in combat? He literally overloaded Ironman in a fight and had to have the computer fight for him.

Nibedicus
Strength is irrelevant here. These two are not going to grapple. If can possibly one shot Cap if he wanted to. Don't tell him Danny can't land a blow on Cap.

You understand that this is in response to cdtm's argument that Danny will grapple Cap, right?

h1a8
You understand that this is in response to cdtm's argument that Danny will grapple Cap, right? Oh
embarrasment

Carry on then.

cdtm
Strength is irrelevant? HAHAHAHAHAHA

Do you understand how fast Cap is in combat? He literally overloaded Ironman in a fight and had to have the computer fight for him.

PIS.

cdtm
Yup. Trolling.

Yes, you are. Poorly.

cdtm
Breaking it down Cap has better stats, has a means to neutralize IF's trump card, has better offense and defense, better consistent technique (due to superior choreography), higher versatility (grappling showings, ranged attack) has one shot potential with a better means of delivery, has more oneshot threats (4 limbs + shield vs one IF that requires recharge if it hits the shield) AND can rebound his opponents trump card (via shield) back to his face on a succesful (highly likely) block.

So how is this a fight again?

Ah, here it is. What a well reasoned, totally non biased argument.

Totally trolling.

Nibedicus
Ah, here it is. What a well reasoned, totally non biased argument.

Totally trolling.

Post rebuttal. Post "feats".

Better yet: I challenge you to a BZ.

Defenders TV series Iron Fist vs MCU Captain America.

Put up or shut up, troll boy.

TheVaultDweller
This thread should not have reached page 5.

John Murdoch
Just got done with episode 2 (I think) where Danny chi punches Luke.

Unless Danny improves 10-fold, Danny puts up a Batroc fight at best. Cap is head and shoulders above IF.

cdtm
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Just got done with episode 2 (I think) where Danny chi punches Luke.

Unless Danny improves 10-fold, Danny puts up a Batroc fight at best. Cap is head and shoulders above IF.

Like Cap is anywhere as durable as Luke Cage. laughing

Call me when Cap tanks machinegun fire without his shield or body armor.

Mindset

Call me when Cap tanks machinegun fire without his shield or body armor. He tanked an rpg too.

carthage
And a building collapsing on him, and being submerged in acid, and being hit by a garbage truck etc

Not to mention Danny's chi which would crush metal doors/destroy an entire floor of A building with its shockwave.

h1a8
IF is skilled enough to contend with Cap for a little while. If IF doesn't employ the IF from the get go then he loses. If IF starts with the IF and intends on not holding back then he has a good chance.

John Murdoch

Call me when Cap tanks machinegun fire without his shield or body armor.

My bad, I wasn't clear on that. I was just using the feat of Danny punching Luke as a reference point to show where I'm at in Defenders Season 1.

What I meant was this: the collective feats for Danny from IF Season 1 and what I've seen thus far in Defenders, Cap is far above Danny. Far far far above Danny. Danny's capabilities and fighting skills, thus far, have been lackluster, and he's had some trouble with standards goons, though it seems like that changes by the time Defenders is over. Cap has every advantage possible besides a nuclear fist power.

Yes, if Cap just stands there and lets Danny chi punch him or gets shot or tries to tank a rpg, of course he gets incapacitated, if not killed.

cdtm
His kung-fu skills looked fine to me.

I think you're making the same mistake fans and George Lucas himself made with comparing the Obi-Wan/Vader and Luke/Vader saber duels to the prequels, where they call the former an "Old man vs a cripple/cripple vs a kid."

The fact is, original trilogy duels had solid technique, solid stances, and the prequels only look better because style over substance.

Nevan
His kung-fu skills looked fine to me.

I think you're making the same mistake fans and George Lucas himself made with comparing the Obi-Wan/Vader and Luke/Vader saber duels to the prequels, where they call the former an "Old man vs a cripple/cripple vs a kid."

The fact is, original trilogy duels had solid technique, solid stances, and the prequels only look better because style over substance. Are we talking in Defenders or in Iron Fist?

Because in IF while his technique and stance were fine, his choreography was SO SLOW and his hits lacked weight behind it, the jump cuts and inconsistent writing of his abilities didn't help.

cdtm
Cap gets fisted.

BruceSkywalker
Cap takes care of business..

Netflix Rand is not, repeat is not his comic book counterpart that some folks think he is...

h1a8
His IF would put Cap away if it lands. There are two problems though

1. Will IF use it without holding back the majority of the fight?
2. Will Cap be able to not get hit from it before he puts IF down?

BruceSkywalker
His IF would put Cap away if it lands. There are two problems though

1. Will IF use it without holding back the majority of the fight?
2. Will Cap be able to not get hit from it before he puts IF down?

hahaha..

Cap won't get hit lol..

Sable
Cap fists IF with his own IF

thumb up

h1a8
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
hahaha..

Cap won't get hit lol.. why lol? I proposed a question. Its up to you guys to answer. Personally, it's definitely possible IF can tag Cap. How possible is up for debate m

StiltmanFTW
Damn, if only he had some shield or something to block it...

cdtm
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Says everyone in every Cap fight ever. smile

Granted, a big indestructible shield is a pretty big advantage.. What no one really takes into account, is at some point he's gonna want to attack.. Which is gonna mean opening himself up to a counter attack.

Like I was saying about Thor, the smart thing to do would be:

Cap: *Braces for impact*

Thor: *Waits*

Cap: *Still bracing*

Thor: *Posts to Godspace*

Cap: "Uhh.. aren't you going to swing your mighty hammer?"

Thor: *Friend invites Squirrel Girl, Deadpool, and Galactus*

Cap: "Ok, this is ridiculous. *Turns aside shield* FISTS OF JUSTIC- *WHACK" *Caps arm goes flying off*

Or some variation thereof.. Say, Cap throws a punch, and Danny intercepts with an Iron Fist.

...and you know, thinking about it, Wolverine suddenly looks saddled with way more PIS then I thought.. Those claws should he the ultimate trump card, just keep em pointed in their direction and let them tear their body to shreds..

BruceSkywalker
why lol? I proposed a question. Its up to you guys to answer. Personally, it's definitely possible IF can tag Cap. How possible is up for debate m

Cap is too agile ... He will not just stand there like you want him too.. Unlike you I have actualy watched Cap on screen and I also watch the Netflix shows. Danny just doens;t bring up the Iron Fist at will, it takes takes him time. Cap will just one shot him , whack him upside the head or throw his shield at Danny and Danny goes into dreamland.

Granted, a big indestructible shield is a pretty big advantage.. What no one really takes into account, is at some point he's gonna want to attack.. Which is gonna mean opening himself up to a counter attack.

Cap: "Ok, this is ridiculous. *Turns aside shield* FISTS OF JUSTIC- *WHACK" *Caps arm goes flying off*

Or some variation thereof.. Say, Cap throws a punch, and Danny intercepts with an Iron Fist.

...and you know, thinking about it, Wolverine suddenly looks saddled with way more PIS then I thought.. Those claws should he the ultimate trump card, just keep em pointed in their direction and let them tear their body to shreds..

lmmfao

StiltmanFTW
Can Netflix Danny even charge IF more than once...?

Sable

What a load of crap

h1a8

IF still has a chance to tag Cap with a shield. Cap isn't unhittable against a very skilled opponent.

BruceSkywalker

nope, maybe in the second season of iron fist, but as of now, nope...

IF still has a chance to tag Cap with a shield. Cap isn't unhittable against a very skilled opponent.

nope he doesn't lmfao

the shield has tanked mjolnir, if danny does hit the shield with the iron fist, it won't even dent it

cdtm

Nope, but he kept it lit against Elektra.

Who tanked it and dodged a wild swing like he was early 90's Bibbo Bibowski.. (As opposed to mid/late 90's Bibbo the boxing champ..)

FrothByte

Danny kept it lit for prolonged durations a few times.

Mindset
Nope, but he kept it lit against Elektra.

Who tanked it and dodged a wild swing like he was early 90's Bibbo Bibowski.. (As opposed to mid/late 90's Bibbo the boxing champ..) He used it multiple times and/or kept it lit in his own series.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.