Feminist Icon Joss Whedons ExWife Accuses Director of Adultery and Hypocrisy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sable
“He used his relationship with me as a shield … so no one would question his relationships with other women or scrutinize his writing as anything other than feminist,” she writes

Exposed

Surtur
Wait, WHO on Buffy did this guy nail?

Sable

Surtur
Well Joss is certainly a piece of shit.

The red flag is "I just have mostly female friends cuz me mum raised me a feminist".

Whenever anyone you are with says they only have friends that are of the opposite sex you flee.

Sable
His Fan site has been closed and shut down

Fan Site

Surtur
Wait, it shut down cuz he had affairs? Or is the timing just a coincidence?

Sable
Originally posted by Surtur
Wait, it shut down cuz he had affairs? Or is the timing just a coincidence?

No its shut down cause the news came out he's a massive prick and horrible to women.

Robtard
'Shut up, Wesley." -Picard

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
'Shut up, Wesley." -Picard

Wesley turned into a badass on Angel though.

Surtur
Originally posted by Sable
No its shut down cause the news came out he's a massive prick and horrible to women.

I understand. No doubt JFK and MLK jr. sites are next to close.

Sable
This was a fan site where people could worship him. What a pos.

Surtur
This was a fan site where people could worship him. What a pos.

He is a piece of shit, he deserves a b*tch slap. I will still watch Buffy and Angel and any Avengers films he directs in the future though.

Just now when I see an extra in an episode I'm gonna wonder if he f*cked her.

Robtard
I'm still trying to figure out how Whedon cheating on his wife makes him not a feminist in of itself? Granted, I never knew he was this supposed uber feminist to begin with. But can someone explain?

Robtard
He is a piece of shit, he deserves a b*tch slap. I will still watch Buffy and Angel and any Avengers films he directs in the future though.

Just now when I see an extra in an episode I'm gonna wonder if he f*cked her.

Because he cheated on his wife?

Surtur
I'm still trying to figure out how Whedon cheating on his wife makes him not a feminist in of itself? Granted, I never knew he was this supposed uber feminist to begin with. But can someone explain?

I mean, I can sorta see the feminist impact. He did make films and a tv series centered around a teenage girl fighting vampires. Who also was 16 and sleeping with a centuries old vampire.

Er, wait...almost sounds like he is a perv hiding behind the feminist thing. I wonder if the chick who wrote Twilight ever watched Buffy?

Surtur
Because he cheated on his wife?

Okay I was kidding about the slap, but yeah I think if you cheat, especially multiple times, you are a piece of shit.

NemeBro
So am I missing something? Why is the hearsay of one woman about her ex being treated as the gospel?

Sable
Originally posted by NemeBro
So am I missing something? Why is the hearsay of one woman about her ex being treated as the gospel?

One woman, you mean his ex who left him cause he was cheating on her and admitted as much is hearsay?

Lets do this in reverse, why is his rhetoric on feminism regarded as gospel and why is he considered a feminist icon? What has he done to attain that title?

Also why did his fan site that has been up for over 10 years shut down today?

Robtard

Because Joss Whedon is seen as one of those "Hollywood Liberal elites". If this had been a Conservative celeb, would have been "meh, that cheating is between him and his wife".

Sable
Because Joss Whedon is seen as one of those "Hollywood Liberal elites". If this had been a Conservative celeb, would have been "meh, that cheating is between him and his wife".

Its really the other way around if you think about it. And the wrap.com really isn't know as a bastion of conservatism.

Surtur

Nope, cheating makes a person a piece of shit no matter who did it. You can question the validity of an ex and her claims, and that has merit as well.

I can't say I know this is true. If it is he is a piece of garbage, even if he was a card carrying conservative.

Sable

If you don't believe the claims of his ex wife, then why did people believe the woman that came out of no where in the home stretch of the election, to accuse Trump of sexually assaulting her?

It seems any woman who challenges a liberal person like this woman, or the women that accused Slick Willy of sexually abusing them, are automatically not to be believed.

Any women that accuses a person on the right is to believed right up from just by saying the words, and should be believed no matter what, regardless of the proof.

cdtm
Lets move aside the partisanship for a minute..

Does it surprise anybody that "insert famous celebrity here" cheats on their spouse? Anyone?

When even Tiger Woods, who portrayed a squeeky clean image, was caught doing it, I think it's safe to say most any human being with money and/or fame is nailing as many people as they can..

Robtard
Nope, cheating makes a person a piece of shit no matter who did it. You can question the validity of an ex and her claims, and that has merit as well.

I can't say I know this is true. If it is he is a piece of garbage, even if he was a card carrying conservative.

You realize our President is a serial adulterer, yes? laughing out loud

Surtur

A lot of presidents were. He's a piece of shit as a person for that.

But then, just like how the reason I watch Buffy or Angel has nothing to do with who the guy who created it is banging....

Sable
Originally posted by cdtm
Lets move aside the partisanship for a minute..

Does it surprise anybody that "insert famous celebrity here" cheats on their spouse? Anyone?

When even Tiger Woods, who portrayed a squeeky clean image, was caught doing it, I think it's safe to say most any human being with money and/or fame is nailing as many people as they can..

That is true.

cdtm

Not according to John Baron and John Miller. wink

jaden101

Lets do this in reverse, why is his rhetoric on feminism regarded as gospel and why is he considered a feminist icon? What has he done to attain that title?

I can't say I've ever heard that about him ever.

Not that I've ever been interested in anything about him outside of his works.

cdtm
Afaik, people like him for Buffy, one of the most successful woman driven shows of all time. With that comes hero worship.

But I don't believe he's considered a serious feminist source, any more then any hollywood celebrity is.

Robtard
Afaik, people like him for Buffy, one of the most successful woman driven shows of all time. With that comes hero worship.

But I don't believe he's considered a serious feminist source, any more then any hollywood celebrity is.

The show Buffy was also serious female sexploitation, which if I understand correctly, would be anti-Feminism?

Also, Buffy loved Spike. I don't care what the haters say. She did.

Surtur
The show Buffy was also serious female sexploitation, which if I understand correctly, would be anti-Feminism?

The "haters" would include Spike himself.

Chick began kissing Angel in the series finale. So much love for Spike she kisses her ex.

BackFire
Firefly's still awesome.

Sable
Originally posted by jaden101
I can't say I've ever heard that about him ever.

Not that I've ever been interested in anything about him outside of his works.

Thats you, but he literally has a fan site with over 10,000 users, people worshiped this guy. just read the comments on the news its closing. People literally "at a loss for words"

cdtm

I only seriously started watching the show several months back.

Ohhhhhhh yeah, it does. Expoit.

It had a top down shot of Buffy soaking wet and moving through a water filled dungeon, for crying out loud.

Surtur
I only seriously started watching the show several months back.

Ohhhhhhh yeah, it does. Expoit.

It had a top down shot of Buffy soaking wet and moving through a water filled dungeon, for crying out loud.

She is the slayer, Should water frighten her? Chick f*cks serial killers. That is hardcore.

cdtm
Originally posted by BackFire
Firefly's still awesome.

Indeed. thumb up

I want my Serenity 2.

cdtm

Honestly, depends on the feminism.

Showing off the female body/expressing sexuality would be perfectly in line with some forms of feminist idealogy.

And I think the key here is how it handled everything else.. Intruducing one dimensional stereotypes and subverting them. Suddenly bringing in issues like homosexuality with wit and humor, in a way that doesn't trivialize/mock it and gets people thinking..

Really, there was no "power dynamic" to criticise.. No "punching down". At worst, you had some girls in skimpy outfits/compromising positions, but this was equally true of males.

Try looking up Gold Digger. The writer/creator puts his entire backlog free in pdf form.. It's the same thing. It oozes sexuality, cheesecake, beefcake (Did I mention everyone is a furry?), and people consider it one of the most feminist comic book series out there. Main character is such a sex addict, a gender swapping being who literally eats sexual energy for breakfast squirms uncomfortably when she comes knocking.

Surtur
Brb, about to watch some Buffy while wondering if he finger-banged the Buffster at any point. If only Xander knew the truth...

Silent Master
http://i.imgur.com/J5Qi58s.png

cdtm
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/joss-whedon-ex-wife-accusations-cheating-kai-cole-buffy-avengers-director-batgirl-feminist-hypocrisy-a7904221.html

There's a reason they say "talk is cheap".

Men want sex, as often as they can get it and with as many women as they can get it with.. Anyone who says otherwise is probably lying to you.

Silent Master
I like how a spokesman for Joss was very careful not to state that she was lying about Joss' affairs. My guess is that it's because she actually has proof and they don't want to piss her off and cause her to release sed proof.

Sable
Good posts SM. Especially the Twitter screenshots. This guy literally thought he was Gods gift to the feminist movement. Hes nothing more then cheap talk and a loser.

Dr Will Hatch
This news didn't surprise me in the least. The subtext is all there in his work, and there were plenty of red flags throughout his career, like when he fired Charisma Carpenter during Angel for being pregnant.

Still a big fan of his work, though, and I'm disappointed that Whedonesque shut down since I read that semi-regularly.

Sable
Huff post writes a hard hitting op ed.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/joss-whedons-ex-wife-warns-hes-a-hypocrite-preaching-feminist-ideals-in-revealing-essay_us_599ad248e4b01f6e801fa06c?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Sable

"This obv needs explaining: having an affair isn't abuse. Having multiple affairs while gaslighting your partner about them is. #josswhedon"

Clementine Ford

https://twitter.com/clementine_ford/status/899450600131186689

Sable
"I am not surprised. Personally, every man I've met who is a loud and proud feminist tends to be trash."

Angelica Jade

Sable
"A self proclaimed "male feminist ally" turned out to actually be a sleeze? Ya don't say #JossWhedon"

Rigor Morton

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Silent Master
I wonder if he screwed Anita too?

Emperordmb
I for one respect Joss Whedon for his work despite his terrible life decisions. Just because he did something bad doesn't mean the impact of his work should be discredited imo.

Sable
His place as a male feminist icon has been discredited. He possibly has never been on.

http://www.avclub.com/article/joss-whedon-was-never-feminist-259694

BackFire
Was he really considered a feminist by people who weren't him?

Sable
Yes

BackFire
****ing men. Am I right, girls?

Emperordmb
I mean I disagree with the feminist movement, and regardless of that I still didn't let that effect the respect I afforded to Whedon for his work.

NemeBro
One woman, you mean his ex who left him cause he was cheating on her and admitted as much is hearsay?

Also why did his fan site that has been up for over 10 years shut down today? Do we have evidence he admitted he cheated on her beyond her word though?

He's released a large body of work that many people perceive as being highly feminist and empowering to women. Granted, I don't actually agree with a lot of those people on a lot of his work, but that's beside the point. While I disagree with Joss Whedon's works being as feminist as they are, for those who view them as being such him being touted as a feminist icon makes sense.

Also, this post was meant to be posted literally hours ago but I forgot to click send, so the shit in it might be outdated.

NemeBro
If you don't believe the claims of his ex wife, then why did people believe the woman that came out of no where in the home stretch of the election, to accuse Trump of sexually assaulting her? Because I'm not those people who immediately believed the woman who accused Trump of sexually assaulting her...?

NemeBro
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
This news didn't surprise me in the least. The subtext is all there in his work, and there were plenty of red flags throughout his career, like when he fired Charisma Carpenter during Angel for being pregnant.

Still a big fan of his work, though, and I'm disappointed that Whedonesque shut down since I read that semi-regularly. Is that why best girl was written out of Angel? Nigga that's gay. thumb down

Sable
Do we have evidence he admitted he cheated on her beyond her word though?

He's released a large body of work that many people perceive as being highly feminist and empowering to women. Granted, I don't actually agree with a lot of those people on a lot of his work, but that's beside the point. While I disagree with Joss Whedon's works being as feminist as they are, for those who view them as being such him being touted as a feminist icon makes sense.

Also, this post was meant to be posted literally hours ago but I forgot to click send, so the shit in it might be outdated.

thumb up good post

-Pr-
Is that why best girl was written out of Angel? Nigga that's gay. thumb down

That, and I also read that she hid her pregnancy from the showrunners until the last possible second. Rumours be rumours, though.

Flyattractor
Joss Whedon is Queen Cuck!

Silent Master
The weasel like statement from Joss' rep makes me believe the Ex-Wife's story is probably mostly accurate.

That said, him likely being a serial cheater doesn't change the quality of his work.

dadudemon
Man...I REALLY don't care about this stupid Hollywood gossip.

If he makes more great stuff, and I like it, I'll buy/consomme the product, like usual.

To be fair, I didn't care with Bill Clinton had those affairs in the Oval office...

I just don't care about adults doing things with their privates with other adults. Let them squish them together. Who cares.

NemeBro
Originally posted by dadudemon
Man...I REALLY don't care about this stupid Hollywood gossip.

If he makes more great stuff, and I like it, I'll buy/consomme the product, like usual.

To be fair, I didn't care with Bill Clinton had those affairs in the Oval office...

I just don't care about adults doing things with their privates with other adults. Let them squish them together. Who cares. Pretty much, I just found the immediate condemnation of Joss' alleged actions a little weird. I really only care if the celebrity is, idk, a monstrous child rapist like Roman Polanski. thumb up

I'll still watch Joss' work if it's good, and it's usually overall solid, if flawed.

Steve Zodiac
I didn't necessarily mean my own relationships. Once a long time ago I forgave a chick for cheating, it came back to bite me and pretty much since then I have a zero tolerance policy on BS and drama, and of course on cheating. I don't care if it's just one kiss, I walk. So, you were cucked?

SamZED
I really hope they don't try to ruin his career. He might be a pos, but he is a great directir.

Surtur
Originally posted by Silent Master

Oh man...lol, Joss is so lost. Anita is toxic as hell.

Pretty much, I just found the immediate condemnation of Joss' alleged actions a little weird. I really only care if the celebrity is, idk, a monstrous child rapist like Roman Polanski. thumb up

I'll still watch Joss' work if it's good, and it's usually overall solid, if flawed.

Truth, plus I think one could argue he did do some good for women. He had a lesbian character. Okay yeah she went evil and murderous but...well, I have nothing to add to that.

TBF, Buffy wouldn't have been in those Scooby Doo movies without being hired to be Buffy by Joss. Silver lining?

-Pr-
Originally posted by SamZED
I really hope they don't try to ruin his career. He might be a pos, but he is a great directir.

He is, and he has Justice League coming out later this year. Hopefully he can separate his professional and his personal life.

BackFire
I don't think his career will take much of a hit. As long as his movies/shows are good he'll continue being popular.

Flyattractor
The Buffy the Vampire Movie was way better then his Cuck Tv Series.

Flyattractor
Oh and is that Anita Skarsassean in the pics with him?

The woman that has to call for Extra Security to eject people from Conventions because they ask her questions?

That Beeyoutch is KUEEN KUNT CLOG!

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Oh and is that Anita Skarsassean in the pics with him?

The woman that has to call for Extra Security to eject people from Conventions because they ask her questions?

That Beeyoutch is KUEEN KUNT CLOG!
I wonder if Joss f*cked Anita after the meeting?

-Pr-
Originally posted by BackFire
I don't think his career will take much of a hit. As long as his movies/shows are good he'll continue being popular.

I'd imagine so.

lol.

Adam_PoE

https://68.media.tumblr.com/711e1fe9642df19aab350b5db7433325/tumblr_o27g706tZJ1saaip8o1_r1_250.gif

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
https://68.media.tumblr.com/711e1fe9642df19aab350b5db7433325/tumblr_o27g706tZJ1saaip8o1_r1_250.gif

For once I totally agree with Adam.
Happy Dance

Bentley
Originally posted by -Pr-
He is, and he has Justice League coming out later this year. Hopefully he can separate his professional and his personal life.

If anything, Whedons's life is suffering because JL is toxic and destined to failure.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.