Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
https://www.hrw.org/news/2017/08/18/chinas-dystopian-push-revolutionize-surveillance

This is something we can all agree on, right?

Here's how far into cynicism I've fallen: Who is it that keeps pushing privacy concerns?

I'd assume it's common sense that the government/corporations don't really care about the common man. Hell, in this article right here, they all but admit no one gives a crap about the chinese citizens with a line like "If you don't care about them, think about yourselves!"

So if they don't care about us, who do they care about?

I'd bet money the biggest push to defend privacy is from those with the most to hide.. Imagine if half this technology can do what they claim it can do. Criminals would be ruined... White collar, street level, government folks, everyone.

Of course, the reality is things wouldn't be quite so even handed, but part of me imagines a world where nobody can hide anything, where privacy doesn't exist and all schemes implode.. And I feel a little bit of joy at the prospect.

It's nuts, I know, but it's also true that one mans privacy rights is another mans path to gaming the system/putting one over on society.

But yeah, **** dystopian surveillance..

carthage
Bane dies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.