Draft Dodger Trump wants to kill more people in Afghanistan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
In spite of never serving in the war and 16 years/hundreds of billions and hundreds of thousands dead, the loser in Chief wants to send 4000 troops (Reportedly) to do what 2 prior administrations failed to do in Afghanistan:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/22/world/asia/afghan-victory-trump-plan.html?mcubz=3

Robtard
Oh Trumpers...

We should really take a lesson from the failed Soviets and not stay in Afghanistan. Keep intelligence there, as to keep track of possible threats, but bring our fighters home and stop throwing our tax dollars endlessly like it's some fix

Surtur
At this point you guys are like rabid dogs now.

Robtard
Originally posted by Surtur
At this point you guys are like rabid dogs now.

So I take it you approve of Trump's plan. Fair enough, why so? Sell me on it. Go.

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
So I take it you approve of Trump's plan. Fair enough, why so? Sell me on it. Go.

All I know is our generals seem to be pushing Trump to do this. What is the point in having them, then? If we ignore it?

I am not a military expert, I just know this is the course the experts say we need to go on.

Robtard
Ah, the good ole "The generals" defense. Weird how warmongering was such a no-no hot ticket issue during the election, but now "it's fine if it's our guy!". Bravo.

ps You didn't sell me on it, so you get an F on that one

Surtur
Rob, I honestly don't think I could sell you on the fact water is wet if Trump had anything to do with it.

Robtard
That's a very weak counter and little more than yet another "poisoning the well" attempt, which you've been called out on doing multiple times now, sport.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by carthage
In spite of never serving in the war and 16 years/hundreds of billions and hundreds of thousands dead, the loser in Chief wants to send 4000 troops (Reportedly) to do what 2 prior administrations failed to do in Afghanistan:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/22/world/asia/afghan-victory-trump-plan.html?mcubz=3

1.) Why didn't you just post this in the Donald Trump thread that's already up?

2.) Are you suggesting that only people who have served in the military can be commander-in-chief?? I don't understand your point being made.

Robtard
Originally posted by ESB -1138
2.) Are you suggesting that only people who have served in the military can be commander-in-chief?? I don't understand your point being made.

Again, while Carthage probably does enjoy the smell of his own farts, that's clearly not what he's saying. Though he does show disgust (and it's well founded) towards Trump being an entitled draft dodger, which he indeed is. People voted for a draft dodger and now he's playing toy soldiers with other people's lives.

ESB -1138
Again, while Carthage probably does enjoy the smell of his own farts, that's clearly not what he's saying. Though he does show disgust (and it's well founded) towards Trump being an entitled draft dodger, which he indeed is. People voted for a draft dodger and now he's playing toy soldiers with other people's lives.

"To the best of our knowledge, no one has charged Trump with violating the Selective Service law. His student deferments were routine. And unless someone has new information, there is no legal issue with his medical deferment.

Trump had the opportunity to volunteer and the record speaks for itself that he did not."

You can read the rest here: http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/article/2015/jul/21/was-trump-draft-dodger/

Robtard
He dodged out with a bogus medical deferment, "bone spurs". If you think that's legit, I have a copper mine in Uganda to sell you, dirt cheap

darthgoober
Who cares if he's a draft dodger? Lots of people have dodged the draft including past presidents. It's actually a smart thing to do when you get right down to it. By the time they're so desperate to start drafting your "side" is in a really shitty position as far as losses go. F*ck a bunch of the draft. When I was younger if the US was at war and I ever got a letter I'd have wrote "Does not live here anymore" on the envelope without even opening it and drop it in a mailbox on my way to Canada lol

Besides, I refuse to support a sexist system like Selective Service because deep down I'm a feminist lol

Robtard
Originally posted by darthgoober
Who cares if he's a draft dodger? Lots of people have dodged the draft including past presidents. It's actually a smart thing to do when you get right down to it. By the time they're so desperate to start drafting your "side" is in a really shitty position as far as losses go. F*ck a bunch of the draft. When I was younger if the US was at war and I ever got a letter I'd have wrote "Does not live here anymore" on the envelope without even opening it and drop it in a mailbox on my way to Canada lol

Besides, I refuse to support a sexist system like Selective Service because deep down I'm a feminist lol

#patriotism

darthgoober
#patriotism

Hey I'm not a fan of the draft when it comes to foreign wars. Rather than draft the Gov needs to man up, cut their loses, and admit that they lost that particular war. Now if it was a war happening here in the US that'd be totally different, but I'm damn sure not going to let them force me to leave my home and go somewhere else that I don't want to go to... that's called kidnapping.

It was stupid when Republicans were bringing it up against Bill Clinton and it's stupid here.

ESB -1138
Hey I'm not a fan of the draft when it comes to foreign wars. Rather than draft the Gov needs to man up, cut their loses, and admit that they lost that particular war. Now if it was a war happening here in the US that'd be totally different, but I'm damn sure not going to let them force me to leave my home and go somewhere else that I don't want to go to... that's called kidnapping.

The US military today won't need a draft. People tend to forget that Iraq had like the 3rd or 4th largest military in the world and the US military was done with them in a few weeks. Also, I think that if a draft is required, I think you should instead incentivize people to join the military by increasing the pay of military members since the budget gets kind of blown up during wars anyways.

darthgoober
The US military today won't need a draft. People tend to forget that Iraq had like the 3rd or 4th largest military in the world and the US military was done with them in a few weeks. Also, I think that if a draft is required, I think you should instead incentivize people to join the military by increasing the pay of military members since the budget gets kind of blown up during wars anyways.
No, they don't bother drafting today because they came up with a bunch of backdoor policies to send in the reserves/Nation Guard. That was a serious dick move by the govenment too. Those poor bastards thought they were signing up for paintball on the weekend and all the sudden they get shipped off to a desert full of claymores and shit indefinitely.

ESB -1138
No, they don't bother drafting today because they came up with a bunch of backdoor policies to send in the reserves/Nation Guard. That was a serious dick move by the govenment too. Those poor bastards thought they were signing up for paintball on the weekend and all the sudden they get shipped off to a desert full of claymores and shit indefinitely.

...I don't think you know how the military works/operates.

darthgoober
...I don't think you know how the military works/operates.
Yes I do... they lie to get people to sign up, admit they lied as soon as your off the bus at bootcamp, put you through Hell for training, and then ship you thousands of miles away to help fight someone else's battle. Then if the fighting's not over by the time you agreed to serve is up, they tell you "tough, you're here for the duration". The only reason the Military isn't guilty of thousands of cases of fraud is because Congress passed a special statute that allows them to lie to people they're recruiting so no one can sue them for it.

I have no problem with wars using soldiers who went into the situation with their eyes open, but the rampant dishonesty used to con people is outright f*cking unforgivable.

carthage
Loser Trump tweets four times in 2011 about Afghanistan being a waste of time/bringing troops home, but then decides to increase troop numbers and or privatize efforts.

Why are his voters retarded enough to believe he can succeed where Bush and Obama failed? Also loving the silence that he is just as hypocritical and as much of a warmonger when he slammed Clinton for going into Libya. How much more winning is he going to put us through, with all his corruption, department resignations, and giving kickbacks to his rich buddies?

Sable
Originally posted by carthage
Loser Trump tweets four times in 2011 about Afghanistan being a waste of time/bringing troops home, but then decides to increase troop numbers and or privatize efforts.

Why are his voters retarded enough to believe he can succeed where Bush and Obama failed? Also loving the silence that he is just as hypocritical and as much of a warmonger when he slammed Clinton for going into Libya. How much more winning is he going to put us through, with all his corruption, department resignations, and giving kickbacks to his rich buddies?

Triggered

Flyattractor
d-i3ESJgoZE

dadudemon
Trump bitched about Obama wasting all sorts of things, being at war.

So color me shocked that Trump, yet AGAIN, is making himself a hypocrite. But the difference between Trump and Obama? Obama won his election by presenting himself as a peace-maker "not Bush" type. Ending wars, pulling out, etc. And he did the exact opposite. At least with Trump, you know he's going to be a dirty bastard. With Obama, it was hearing everything nice and pretty while he pulls your intestines out and lights them on fire. With that big toothy grin.

So my butthurt is only 6 out of 10 of this new hypocritical Trump thing.

a bit more than 3 more years...we can make, right? Right?

MythLord
> accuses Hillary on Libya
> says Obama is wasting troops
> does the exact same thing

But it's OK! He's gonna do it better... somehow. erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.