Orion Vs Thor (Current)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack M
All feats count for Orion.

http://i.imgur.com/vJxKTfl.jpg

vs

http://i.imgur.com/oW4wfdD.jpg

carver9
Does Thor get his hammer and does all fts count for him as well?

DarkSaint85
Lol.

ShadowFyre
Thor Odinson recently recreated the Galaxy sized Motherstorm in a fight with the Phoenix WITHOUT using Mjolnirs. He also created Solar System spanning lightning attacks once again no Mjolnirs. This all on panel. The actual feats.

Orion was STATED by Hal to have caused 1/2 the destruction of a solar system in a recent encounter with a (Starkiller)? Pretty Uber as well.

That being said, I firmly believe them to be peers, and am confident that victory would simply go to either God that brought his A game. I was going to let my fanboy bias give it to Thor 6/10 due to new motherstorm but gonna say draw

abhilegend
That was Jane.

And it was Orion who destroyed the entire star system with the Shockwave of his attack. There is not even a comparison in these feats.

leonidas
i'd go with thor w/mjolnir. he is clearly NOT what he was without it and orion would take him here for a majority.

ShadowFyre
No. It was Jane and then Odinson replicated it without Mjolnirs. I don't need to argue it because it's on panel. As well as his solar system spanning lightning attacks.

I refuse to let bias influence my judging of matches, even when my favorite character is involved. Nor am I even going to entertain blatant bias and rabid hatred towards a particular character. Everything I stated is canon and happened on panel. You can dislike, argue, and reverse masturbate to it as much as you want. It happened.

Zack M
It was Orion who tanked a solar system blast and destroyed a star system by the shockwaves alone. Uber stuff.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
No. It was Jane and then Odinson replicated it without Mjolnirs. I don't need to argue it because it's on panel. As well as his solar system spanning lightning attacks.

I refuse to let bias influence my judging of matches, even when my favorite character is involved. Nor am I even going to entertain blatant bias and rabid hatred towards a particular character. Everything I stated is canon and happened on panel. You can dislike, argue, and reverse masturbate to it as much as you want. It happened. Someone's a bit moody today

JBL
Originally posted by carver9
Does Thor get his hammer and does all fts count for him as well? Seems Thor gets no feats an Orion does. Lol. Obviously bias thread.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Someone's a bit moody today

No. But it's annoying trying to have an honest debate with people when they have obvious hatred for a certain character where it outright extends to not even acknowledging things that happened on panel.

So for some reason, Orion's ability to do solar system wide damage is Uber but Thor being able to create solar system spanning lightning attacks in Unworthy Thor, and then being able to replicate Jane's unleashing a Galaxy sized mother storm in The Mighty Thor in their battle with the Phoenix is not as Uber?

I can't post the scans, but Jane claims that even her motherstorm isn't powerful enough to beat the Phoenix, Odinson then appears claiming that two of them could, going on to replicate said power with NO Mjolnirs.

Galaxies are magnitudes larger than solar systems for those who are confused.

Regardless, I still call a draw. They are peers I'm.

carver9
Originally posted by Zack M
It was Orion who tanked a solar system blast and destroyed a star system by the shockwaves alone. Uber stuff.

Thought his heart stopped?

DarkSaint85
Thought his heart stopped?

Lol.

Might want to actually read the story, champ.

Now run away from the thread.

playa1258
Great battle.

Thor 6/10

celeyhyga17
You guys are relying too much on cheese feats.

Anyways...

Orion and Odinson > All

Muahahaha.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
You guys are relying too much on cheese feats.

Anyways...

Orion and Odinson > All

Muahahaha.

Well,when Orion owns Lanterns,it's because Lanterns are weak against bricks.

When Orion tanks multiple speed punches from a pissed off Supey,it's because the punches are weak.

So when something definite - like a solar system being destroyed just from the mere shockwaves - happens,it's used. Because you can't low-ball it.

Although some try.

Damborgson
Thor's lightning is devastating and his Axe can cut into Orion. This isn't clear cut really, even if Orion would overwhelm him in my opinion.

Horrificus

I refuse to let bias influence my judging of matches, even when my favorite character is involved.
I, however, refuse NOT TO let bias influence my judging of matches.
Especially when the evidence is so readily available, if one were to simply seek it out. For instance, if a person were to enter a debate and make wild claims as their emotions and pride take control. One might say that it would have been advantageous to have made sure they had as much information as possible, before "planting a flag".

But, I'm simply outlining some basic "best practices".

Thor ftw

MrMind
orion beats thor without hammer

zopzop
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Well,when Orion owns Lanterns,it's because Lanterns are weak against bricks.

When Orion tanks multiple speed punches from a pissed off Supey,it's because the punches are weak.

So when something definite - like a solar system being destroyed just from the mere shockwaves - happens,it's used. Because you can't low-ball it.

Although some try.
thumb up
Originally posted by Damborgson
Thor's lightning is devastating and his Axe can cut into Orion. This isn't clear cut really, even if Orion would overwhelm him in my opinion.
No one here is lowballing Thor's energy attacks or weapons but it's not like Orion doesn't have the Astroforce to back him up.

IMHO, Orion wins.

TheHulkster
Originally posted by abhilegend
That was Jane.

And it was Orion who destroyed the entire star system with the Shockwave of his attack. There is not even a comparison in these feats.

That is Golem's energy that causes the shockwave.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Jane Thor wins. Too much vagina force and Mother Storm auto win.

The OG Thor wins.

Odinson? Tricky. I would have given Orion the win since he can fly and would be a lot more versatile but he's not that battle savvy often so he might go in for close combat (A no-no with Thor's axe), Thor seems to be randomly flying whenever the writer wants and he still has all of his lighting powers and based on what we saw recently, even depressed it still packs the usual force. So split or edge or Orion wins. This is basically the previous fight without Thor having a counter to the Motherbox or consistent flight.

Horrificus
Originally posted by MrMind
orion beats thor without hammer thor beats orion without arms

Zack M
Originally posted by Horrificus
thor beats orion without arms

Orion would just smile at Thor's hits as he did with Superman.

Damborgson
Originally posted by zopzop

No one here is lowballing Thor's energy attacks or weapons but it's not like Orion doesn't have the Astroforce to back him up.

IMHO, Orion wins.

I didn't say anyone was -shrug- was just expressing that the fight isn't clear cut just because Thor is in a weakened state.

abhilegend

He wasn't creating galaxy spanning storms or solar system spanning lightning if you're thinking about Unworthy Thor last issue.

This is some emo bullshit but you're a Thor fan so....

Orion destroying a star system with shockwaves is far better than anything Thor has ever done.

abhilegend
I, however, refuse NOT TO let bias influence my judging of matches.
Especially when the evidence is so readily available, if one were to simply seek it out. For instance, if a person were to enter a debate and make wild claims as their emotions and pride take control. One might say that it would have been advantageous to have made sure they had as much information as possible, before "planting a flag".

But, I'm simply outlining some basic "best practices".

Thor ftw
Orion would destroy Thor against this point. Dude can't even win against Ulik.

Zack M
Orion also casually owned Hal Jordan, whom is many tiers above Surfer or Thor.

Damborgson
Unworthy Thor casually one shot Proxima Midnight, Black Swan and Hela (weakened, but not so weakened she couldn't beat the shit out of the previously two mentioned)

abhilegend
Unworthy Thor casually one shot Proxima Midnight, Black Swan and Hela (weakened, but not so weakened she couldn't beat the shit out of the previously two mentioned)
Still far below star system level don't you think?

celeyhyga17
thumb up

For all his hype during the mini, The Collector couldn't do a darn thing to Odinson when the kid gloves were off. Heck he was handled and ragdolled like a feeb in their final go around.
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-OZYup2cWQiw/WOzYzYiH6XI/AAAAAAADJyY/b6q_ZXWvFzg8ztgVUlY9c2W_5Yun2PmlACLcB/s1600/86_07.jpg

As for this fight, my head says Orion. After this arc is done, we'll get a more solid look at him. He's barely had any showings. Was very meh during Wondy, but impressive in Godhead.

Zack M
thumb up

For all his hype during the mini, The Collector couldn't do a darn thing to Odinson when the kid gloves were off. Heck he was handled and ragdolled like a feeb in their final go around.
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-OZYup2cWQiw/WOzYzYiH6XI/AAAAAAADJyY/b6q_ZXWvFzg8ztgVUlY9c2W_5Yun2PmlACLcB/s1600/86_07.jpg

As for this fight, my head says Orion. After this arc is done, we'll get a more solid look at him. He's barely had any showings. Was very meh during Wondy, but impressive in Godhead.

He didn't have any low showings in wonder woman, though.

Prof. T.C McAbe
The Motherstorm is a being of it's own and not the power of Jane or Thor, that's how I understood it. Still, to compare it to Orions feat I have a simple question, how much did those Motherstorms destroy of the Galaxy? Because if it was just a nice big flashlight that did no harm whatsoever... you get the point.

I personally think that the New Gods operate now on a much higher level than simple heralds, even their Avatars. They are Multiversal beings and their Avatars dip into the Skyfather tier.

LordofBrooklyn
I didn't say anyone was -shrug- was just expressing that the fight isn't clear cut just because Thor is in a weakened state. Originally posted by Damborgson
Unworthy Thor casually one shot Proxima Midnight, Black Swan and Hela (weakened, but not so weakened she couldn't beat the shit out of the previously two mentioned) Originally posted by celeyhyga17
thumb up

WHORINSON HAS FALLEN ACCEPT IT!!!!!!

ShadowFyre
Still far below star system level don't you think? learn to read bro. I said solar system spanning lightning. The collectors ship is as large as a solar system. The lightning bolt is clearly as long as the ship or close to it. I didn't say destroying.

In the actual comic if you bothered to read it, the Odinson was able to replicate the same thing that Jane did. It's pretty cut and dry. I am not the one that has some wierd, obsessive hate for a make believe character. I called it a draw.

ShadowFyre
Not only that, your feat is based off of a statement.

abhilegend
learn to read bro. I said solar system spanning lightning. The collectors ship is as large as a solar system. The lightning bolt is clearly as long as the ship or close to it. I didn't say destroying.

In the actual comic if you bothered to read it, the Odinson was able to replicate the same thing that Jane did. It's pretty cut and dry. I am not the one that has some wierd, obsessive hate for a make believe character. I called it a draw.
Wut? He didn't fill the whole ship with lightning. The trail of lightning was visible beyond the ship's wall but it wasn't a solar system level lightning.

Odinson created storms but it wasn't galaxy level. That was just mother storm against supernova. Jane couldn't do that. Here is the scene.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-diryoZj8LYg/WRxdkhVXPvI/AAAAAAADvvE/mR5sw5ikBCot3X3wZYb_ZSD95sNNLavvQCLcB/s1600/034_008.jpg
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-SiEZwpT9p28/WRxdk85nf7I/AAAAAAADvvI/Ghjv23idCyM2yYup_H32N8dj-xql4IM6QCLcB/s1600/034_009.jpg
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-SKsnK8NuKaI/WRxdlOEeSwI/AAAAAAADvvM/_XF2IFDA950u-uGua2g2_RvQRdqjgOtWACLcB/s1600/034_010.jpg

Where is the galaxy sized storm?Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Not only that, your feat is based off of a statement.
And on panel destruction of a star system.

Damborgson
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
WHORINSON HAS FALLEN ACCEPT IT!!!!!!

I'll do no such thing Bizzaro!!

Horrificus
Originally posted by zopzop
thumb up

IMHO, Orion wins. what is the most powerful claim to fame of Orion's astroforce use?

DarkSaint85
what is the most powerful claim to fame of Orion's astroforce use?

Prob when he contained a blast that would have destroyed the universe.

So....universe level? Someone will have the scans,it's been a while.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Orion would destroy Thor against this point. Dude can't even win against Ulik.

Ulik cheapshots Thor at his lowest point and doesn't even take him out and that's your reasoning for Orion winning? Literally in the same miniseries he casually owns the Collector, and Hela/Proxima Midnight/Black Swan at the same time when he's irritated at the end.....

Orion was a p*ssy for 90% of his appearances in Wonder Woman but that doesn't mean he gets owned either.

DarkSaint85
Well no.

Because Golgo has given him all of his feats. New 52,pre, post,and in between

Rage.Of.Olympus
......How does that change my point? Especially since I wasn't subscribing to Abhil's idiotic logic.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Ulik cheapshots Thor at his lowest point and doesn't even take him out and that's your reasoning for Orion winning?
Cheapshotted?

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-R1GEkp06BP4/WOzYlIyES1I/AAAAAAADJuk/HHTrk_K1jpwsy3ByNGNP3TRwB_1Udou_ACLcB/s1600/82_09.jpg
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-C7ztmnYvbmM/WOzYlWm_InI/AAAAAAADJuo/Mm1S4YvqBg4e3G8XJZ155BUZj4sjDncvwCLcB/s1600/82_10.jpg

Ulik had him down in literally two punches. Losing to Ulik is like losing to Kite-man. You can never recover from that.

Yay, an elder who is famous for getting his ass kicked and a bunch of mid tiers and a weakened Hela.

How could Orion compete with casually owing Hal Jordan, defeating Mogo and stalemating Superman.

Orion actually did better than uncuffed Diana.

abhilegend
......How does that change my point? Especially since I wasn't subscribing to Abhil's idiotic logic.

Your version of Thor could beat entire JLA and Avengers combined and you are accusing others of being idiotic?

DarkSaint85

Because Unworthy Thor has far fewer appearances to choose from, which magnifies the importance or weight of any low showings he has.

Sure, Orion had low showings in WW. But it's evened out when you start chucking all his other showings in.

Zack M
What are these low showings?

celeyhyga17
Hmm... When did Odinson lose to Ulik? Pretty sure Ulik ran away after causing a cave in.

Damborgson
Thor got punched by Ulik once and then ripped his team to pieces before the cave in.

Zack M

mighty adam
Orion ravages

LordofBrooklyn
I'll do no such thing Bizzaro!!

YOU WILL!!!!

THE HAMMER HAS FALLEN......

FOREVER!!!!!

Rage.Of.Olympus
Cheapshotted?

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-R1GEkp06BP4/WOzYlIyES1I/AAAAAAADJuk/HHTrk_K1jpwsy3ByNGNP3TRwB_1Udou_ACLcB/s1600/82_09.jpg
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-C7ztmnYvbmM/WOzYlWm_InI/AAAAAAADJuo/Mm1S4YvqBg4e3G8XJZ155BUZj4sjDncvwCLcB/s1600/82_10.jpg

Ulik had him down in literally two punches. Losing to Ulik is like losing to Kite-man. You can never recover from that.

Yay, an elder who is famous for getting his ass kicked and a bunch of mid tiers and a weakened Hela.

How could Orion compete with casually owing Hal Jordan, defeating Mogo and stalemating Superman.

Orion actually did better than uncuffed Diana.

Yes cheap shot, surprise attack etc. Ulik (With pounders) literally punched Thor's head from behind (With the first being from the side) and Thor was down for a panel (Not even stunned as he was already getting up) and unharmed.

So, to be very clear, being struck by surprise and being down for a panel is equivalent to losing despite being unharmed?

Orion was a punk the whole series and Thor has plenty of feats equivalent to that.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Because Unworthy Thor has far fewer appearances to choose from, which magnifies the importance or weight of any low showings he has.

Sure, Orion had low showings in WW. But it's evened out when you start chucking all his other showings in.

Unworthy Thor is Thor, he's not a new character. He has decades of showings to draw from.

Unless you're limiting the showings to only post whisper but yet allowing Orion everything....?

And how would that one scene skew anything? Thor was knocked down by a blind side and unharmed. We have in story support for why that Thor is not 100% as well.

Zack M
Yes cheap shot, surprise attack etc. Ulik (With pounders) literally punched Thor's head from behind (With the first being from the side) and Thor was down for a panel (Not even stunned as he was already getting up) and unharmed.

So, to be very clear, being struck by surprise and being down for a panel is equivalent to losing despite being unharmed?

Orion was a punk the whole series and Thor has plenty of feats equivalent to that.

Orion didn't have any low feats and did decent against First Born. Anyway, Godhead has put Orion back up to high herald/trans level. He easily owned Hal Jordan, whom punked Zero hour Parallax. Even Surfer isn't that good.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
The Motherstorm is a being of it's own and not the power of Jane or Thor, that's how I understood it. Still, to compare it to Orions feat I have a simple question, how much did those Motherstorms destroy of the Galaxy? Because if it was just a nice big flashlight that did no harm whatsoever... you get the point.

I personally think that the New Gods operate now on a much higher level than simple heralds, even their Avatars. They are Multiversal beings and their Avatars dip into the Skyfather tier. whatever roll eyes (sarcastic)

Horrificus
Cheapshotted?

Orion actually did better than uncuffed Diana. First of all, beginning this thread with an image of Supes b*tchslapping Orion, telling him ta get back in the kitchen and make him a chicken potpie, is very fitting.

Second, PLEASE, u DC-gobbling sodomites can really grate on one's nerves. ME being the "ONE". Just because DC writers have a bad case of small-man's syndrome and constantly give most characters rediculous bugs bunny-esque cosmic feats with no basis for the abilities, or science, doesn't mean everybody has to swallow it too.

Third, non-jobbing classic Ulik would kick Orion's panzy spine right out his ass.
There us NO way Orion could weather any of the beatings Ulik took, without even slowing down, the way Ulik did.

He just ain't that tough. Even if Orion has his "boombox", astroglide, AND his cosmic big-wheel. He can call all of his superdooper uber space god fancy-pants buddies and once they stop buggering their own sissy avatars they can come weep at Orions corpse hanging, inside-out from Uliks dong.

That's a fact.

Even this stripped-dow, betrayed Thor has shown he is more than a match for the angry spoiled brat. No wonder DS gave him the boot. Was always needing hugs and wanting to suckle on DS's boob.
Nasty. And disappointing.

Zack M
First of all, beginning this thread with an image of Supes b*tchslapping Orion, telling him ta get back in the kitchen and make him a chicken potpie, is very fitting.

Second, PLEASE, u DC-gobbling sodomites can really grate on one's nerves. ME being the "ONE".

non-jobbing classic Ulik would kick Orion's panzy spine right out his ass.
There us NO way Orion could weather any of the beatings Ulik took, without even slowing down, the way Ulik did.

He just ain't that tough. Even if Orion has his "boombox", astroglow, AND his cosmic big-wheel. He can call all of his superdooper uber space god fancy-pants buddies and once they stop buggering their own sissy avatars they can come weep at Orions corpse hanging, inside-out from Uliks dong.

That's a fact.

Orion would likely one-shot Ulik and that blonde whore, Thor.

That's a fact, jack. wink

Adam Grimes
First of all, beginning this thread with an image of Supes b*tchslapping Orion, telling him ta get back in the kitchen and make him a chicken potpie, is very fitting.

Second, PLEASE, u DC-gobbling sodomites can really grate on one's nerves. ME being the "ONE". Just because DC writers have a bad case of small-man's syndrome and constantly give most characters rediculous bugs bunny-esque cosmic feats with no basis for the abilities, or science, doesn't mean everybody has to swallow it too.

Third, non-jobbing classic Ulik would kick Orion's panzy spine right out his ass.

He just ain't that tough. Even if Orion has his "boombox", astroglide, AND his cosmic big-wheel. He can call all of his superdooper uber space god fancy-pants buddies and once they stop buggering their own sissy avatars they can come weep at Orions corpse hanging, inside-out from Uliks dong.

That's a fact.

Even this stripped-dow, betrayed Thor has shown he is more than a match for the angry spoiled brat. No wonder DS gave him the boot. Was always needing hugs and wanting to suckle on DS's boob.
Nasty. And disappointing. 3/10 too much edge

abhilegend

He punched him from front as he was leaping. Not from the sides and had him down.

Where is it by surprise?

He was a punk character wise but his power level was just fine.

Thor has equivalent feats to destroying a star system with the shockwaves of his attacks? Do tell me.

abhilegend

That's a fact.

Nasty. And disappointing.
laughing out loud

You're talking about dog of war marvel zombie. He ain't no small god from a small world.

Now don't throw a tantrum for everything.

Horrificus
laughing out loud

You're talking about dog of war marvel zombie. He ain't no small god from a small world.

Now don't throw a tantrum for everything. i'm trying to find a "cause" to fight for.
I guess i cant do "edgy" very well.

abhilegend
i'm trying to find a "cause" to fight for.
I guess i cant do "edgy" very well.
ermm

Horrificus
ermm ok. I just felt like being abusive.
big grin

Rage.Of.Olympus
He punched him from front as he was leaping. Not from the sides and had him down.

Where is it by surprise?

He was a punk character wise but his power level was just fine.

Thor has equivalent feats to destroying a star system with the shockwaves of his attacks? Do tell me.

Where? Thor leaped at a group of trolls and there was no Ulik in sight.....A cheap shot implies Thor did not see Ulik coming or expect him. WE as the READERS didn't even see him coming. You believe that this was still not a cheap shot?

I love it when you know you've clearly said something hasty and stupid but still refuse to admit it. People, save this thread and reference it for the next time someone knocks Superman down for a panel and proclaim it as a win defining loss.

He was a punk overall including respect in fights what do you mean.

laughing out loud Really? You can't think of any...?

Zack M
sad

abhilegend
Where? Thor leaped at a group of trolls and there was no Ulik in sight.....A cheap shot implies Thor did not see Ulik coming or expect him. WE as the READERS didn't even see him coming. You believe that this was still not a cheap shot?

It was a herd of trolls and not every troll was shown.

But I like how when it comes to Thor every time it's a cheapshot.

Except when he is down for the count and Ulik is standing over him. Even you said it was a loss.

Even under his own pen Thor wasn't walking around sulking. After he left the moon he wasn't broken or anything. He was up and about and getting shit done whenever we saw him. Those first two issues only made sense if they happened right after he lost his hammer.

Unworthy Thor owning Proxima Midnight, Black Swan and the Collector is pretty cool. I want to make an Unworthy Thor respect thread. Except his loss to Ulik where he was depressed he's been a beast.

No, he wasn't.

No, I really don't think of any instance where Thor has destroyed a solar system with shockwaves. Even godblast isn't that powerful.

TheHulkster
It was a herd of trolls and not every troll was shown.

But I like how when it comes to Thor every time it's a cheapshot.

Except when he is down for the count and Ulik is standing over him. Even you said it was a loss.

No, he wasn't.

No, I really don't think of any instance where Thor has destroyed a solar system with shockwaves. Even godblast isn't that powerful.

Why are you using god killer's feat?

abhilegend
It was Orion as explicitly stated.

carver9
Thor stomps. The guy blocked an attack from an Abstract with one arm.

https://m.vk.com/photo-94595957_366780793?list=post-94595957_228

He was also withstanding hits from it...

https://m.vk.com/photo-94595957_366780742?list=post-94595957_228

DarkSaint85
Yet couldn't cut Power Man.

krisblaze
Yet couldn't cut Power Man.

No white man will cut a member of the jackson five, not in that book.

carver9
Don't know why Dark is bringing up lows. His statement doesn't go against what I said. Thor withstood attacks from an Abstract, Orion got knocked out by First Born. There's a difference in power showings here.

DarkSaint85
Because Orion's lows are being thrashed by First Born,someone who was fighting GoW WW.

Thor's lows are.....Power Man and Ulik.

We take averages,no?

Orion's highs are taking attacks from solar system level attacks. Thor's highs are as you say.

Average two numbers out for me please. 100and 10. The other guy's average is between 90 and 50.

That's why.

krisblaze
Thor didn't lose to Power Man though, he just coulnd't cut him with the axe.

Doesn't really reflect poorly on his capabilities as it relies sorely on the axe. It can slay celestials and beyonders, but not Power Man.

DarkSaint85
Exactly.

I mean, it's touted as being this all powerful weapon,able to slay Celestials.

And I'm not disagreeing, it is indeed a super powerful weapon.

But on average, let's not pretend it's Celestial level, especially given it's enchantment.

Damborgson

I love it when you know you've clearly said something hasty and stupid but still refuse to admit it. People, save this thread and reference it for the next time someone knocks Superman down for a panel and proclaim it as a win defining loss.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/11123/111230790/4620760-thorvssuperman4.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11123/111230790/4620761-thorvssuperman5.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/11123/111230790/4620756-thorvssuperman.jpg

I'll take it thumb up

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/durwink.gif http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/durwink.gif http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/durwink.gif

DarkSaint85
thumb up lol

Sin I AM

But on average, let's not pretend it's Celestial level, especially given it's enchantment.

I hope you of all people arent taking that power man stunt seriously

abhilegend
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/11123/111230790/4620760-thorvssuperman4.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11123/111230790/4620761-thorvssuperman5.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/11123/111230790/4620756-thorvssuperman.jpg

I'll take it thumb up

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/durwink.gif http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/durwink.gif http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/durwink.gif
I never said Superman lost though. Rage betrayed Odinson.
I just said what he said.

thumb up

krisblaze
Exactly.

I mean, it's touted as being this all powerful weapon,able to slay Celestials.

And I'm not disagreeing, it is indeed a super powerful weapon.

Average is a ridiculous way of measuring things like these.

Galactus suddenly being dropped by Squirrel Girl doesn't drop his capabilities to an average of galaxy busting and street level.

Jarnbjorn can cut Celestials, Thor and Gorr.

Power Man is an absurd outlier.

celeyhyga17

Sin I AM
Originally posted by krisblaze

Galactus suddenly being dropped by Squirrel Girl doesn't drop his capabilities to an average of galaxy busting and street level.

This

DarkSaint85
I'm using Carver logic, guys. He's the one always bleating on about averages.
Jeez....

-K-M-
Thor didn't lose to Power Man though, he just coulnd't cut him with the axe.

Doesn't really reflect poorly on his capabilities as it relies sorely on the axe. It can slay celestials and beyonders, but not Power Man.

Axe is celestial kryptonite. Doesn't operate at uber levels against everything as it would against celestials.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by -K-M-
Axe is celestial kryptonite. Doesn't operate at uber levels against everything as it would against celestials.

Iirc he cut the Destroyer as well...and it doesnt explain the beyonders

DarkSaint85
Tbf, nothing explains the Beyonders lol.

Three can take out the LT, but Thor can cut them all up?

Then there's the interview, which specifically name drops kryptonite lol.

-K-M-
It's sharp no doubt. But it also didn't do super much damage to Apoc in Axis (should have split him in half as he wears celestial armour). I do not believe you can just go by high showings and should go by averages or close if possible

Beyonders were a mess powerwise. Have some super highs and some super low lows

Sin I AM
Tbf, nothing explains the Beyonders lol.

Three can take out the LT, but Thor can cut them all up?

Then there's the interview, which specifically name drops kryptonite lol.

True. Valid point...thought u went full retard for a second there. Glad to have u back.

It's sharp no doubt. But it also didn't do super much damage to Apoc in Axis (should have split him in half as he wears celestial armour). I do not believe you can just go by high showings and should go by averages or close if possible

Beyonders were a mess powerwise. Have some super highs and some super low lows

Cant remember that axis fight.

S/n fumny how Apoc keeps showing up in Thor books and not Xmen

krisblaze

That seems to be the gist of it.

But it's sharp enough to chop off Thor's arm and harm Gorr though.

carver9
Thor probably wasn't chopping Apocalypse with everything. Seems like he wanted him to suffer. The cut that he did during their first encounter almost split Apocalypse in half. The ax treats Celestials like fodder, it cutting through Beyonders tells us how powerful it is. What low showings besides that PM showing is low for the ax?

celeyhyga17
Wasn't really that low. Power Man 2.0 was channeling the cho of nyc. The axe never really touched him I thing. He was projecting the chi as some kind of shield.

celeyhyga17
Edit.
Actually it may have touched him.. He had learned to amp his power by not only absorbing chi from his nearby surroundings, but from the city itself. At least that's how they portrayed it during his training.

leonidas
thumb up

besides, 1 showing doesn't really mean much. the axe is plenty sharp to totally phukc orion up in this match.

Damborgson
Those beyonders were also the same ones who took out tribunal. I have no idea why the art changed so much like that, but the issie before that showed them in their previous forms iirc.

eaebiakuya

You are 100% right.

Also, we should just discard outliers, like Thor doing anything to Beyonders.

carver9
Those beyonders were also the same ones who took out tribunal. I have no idea why the art changed so much like that, but the issie before that showed them in their previous forms iirc.

Yep and not only did Thor withstand attacks from them, he blocked a full swing from one.

carver9
Not only did he damage one, he withstood a blast from one as well and this Beyonder was trying to kill him and Hyperion...

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111142536/4474962-new+avengers+032-011.jpg

He didn't have a scratch after this attack.

celeyhyga17
Odinson worst low is getting beaten up by Collector's thugs. Whole army of them, but they're supposed to be fodder. Pretty crappy showing when u see it on paper though. Lol.

carver9
They killed abstracts using the same attack...

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/107050/5024498-5ng9fce.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/107050/5024497-41mhf5b.jpg

Zack M
Beyonders are all over the place, though. Isn't that what the writer said? Sometimes they kill abstracts, sometimes they don't.

celeyhyga17
Meh.. It was an outlier. He's not going to do that 9 out of 10 times. Let's be serious.

Zack M
Meh.. It was an outlier. He's not going to do that 9 out of 10 times. Let's be serious.

Do you see Orion and Thor as peers? I'd give Orion a split against classic Thor, myself.

celeyhyga17
I have Orion winning. For all of Odinson's feats w/o Mjolnir, Mjolnir as a whole is a better addition to his powerset than Jarnbjorn...

carver9
Beyonders are all over the place, though. Isn't that what the writer said? Sometimes they kill abstracts, sometimes they don't.

Please provide examples of them not having abstract power level.

carver9

Let me handle this.

Zack M
I have Orion winning. For all of Odinson's feats w/o Mjolnir, Mjolnir as a whole is a better addition to his powerset than Jarnbjorn...

Even with Mjolnir, Orion can compete.

Zack M

True.

Damborgson
Let me handle this.

laughing out loud you tell en

-K-M-
Thor probably wasn't chopping Apocalypse with everything. Seems like he wanted him to suffer. The cut that he did during their first encounter almost split Apocalypse in half. The ax treats Celestials like fodder, it cutting through Beyonders tells us how powerful it is. What low showings besides that PM showing is low for the ax?

Remember heroes became villains in that story. He was trying to kill him and "pry free the soft meat covering within (the armour)"

He was legit trying to kill him even said so.

carver9
Remember heroes became villains in that story. He was trying to kill him and "pry free the soft meat covering within (the armour)"

He was legit trying to kill him even said so.

They did become villains but they didn't kill a single person during their rampage against Apocalypse and the crew. Also, we've seen him chop Apocalypse almost in half with the axe already. Are we not counting that?

-K-M-
They did become villains but they didn't kill a single person during their rampage against Apocalypse and the crew. Also, we've seen him chop Apocalypse almost in half with the axe already. Are we not counting that?

No but they tried. Silly arguement seeing as villains don't go around killing everyone as the heroes stop them. Just this story the heroes and villains were reversed

We're counting that. In fact strengthens the inconsistency of th axe

Stoic
Even with Mjolnir, Orion can compete.

Yep.

-K-M-
Completely forgot Thor also took the axe to the chest and was fine. Apoc nearly getting split in half also had context. He let his guard down as up until that point the axe didn't do any damage to him and didn't know of the upgrade. He even comments on that before the axe split scene.

Galan007
Silly argument ..... Originally posted by carver9
.......... Originally posted by carver9

http://i.imgur.com/KBpwbWR.gif

carver9
No but they tried. Silly arguement seeing as villains don't go around killing everyone as the heroes stop them. Just this story the heroes and villains were reversed

We're counting that. In fact strengthens the inconsistency of th axe

The thing here is, Thor WAS chopping through his armor with no problem. He just didn't continue pressing on with the axe for obvious reasons, plot. It's not like he was failing, he just didn't attempt to chop the character in half. It's like asking why didn't Zod kill the members of the suicide squad when he was facing them. The strength is there to achieve killing results, hell, he could've shot a dose of heat vision at any of them and killed them but it didn't happen. Not because he didn't have the strength, he didn't kill them because he didn't need to. This is across the board with all of the villains. Batman fought Wraith, someone that was stronger than Superman and had all of his limbs afterward. I shouldn't have to explain this to you since we know you know comics.

-K-M-
The thing here is, Thor WAS chopping through his armor with no problem. He just didn't continue pressing on with the axe for obvious reasons, plot. It's not like he was failing, he just didn't attempt to chop the character in half. It's like asking why didn't Zod kill the members of the suicide squad when he was facing them. The strength is there to achieve killing results, hell, he could've shot a dose of heat vision at any of them and killed them but it didn't happen. Not because he didn't have the strength, he didn't kill them because he didn't need to. This is across the board with all of the villains. Batman fought Wraith, someone that was stronger than Superman and had all of his limbs afterward. I shouldn't have to explain this to you since we know you know comics.

Again seeing its high end feats apoc should have literally been killed with a one shot. Same for Thor taking the axe right to the chest in the same fight he split apoc. Didn't even phase him. Axe is inconsistent. You are choosing just go by it's high showings and nothing else. Again recently in generations unworthy Thor & mighty thor, Thor literally used the axe to slice Apoc across the chest...but didn't even damage him...even referenced the early time he sliced him open...yet did nothing here.

He didn't try to chop the character in half? Both times he wanted to kill apoc. That's why he augmented the axe in the first place and directly says he wanted to kill him

The rest of your post is filler to fool people you have an arguement and completly irrelevant

DarkSaint85
Remember,KM:
I already know the answer. I focus on combat showings but I'm trying to see if others are on the same page.

-K-M-
My last part of my reply was to hostile and tried to edit it out but kept getting errors. So apologize for that.

ShadowFyre
In their recent fight, Apoc was at least a hundredfold mass wise. So y'all are discrediting Jarnborn for one low showing even though every single other showing is a high one? Pis poor reasoning and logic

Damborgson
Named characters cant die every time Thor swings his axe, unless the plot demands it. The Axe is enchanted to cut through celestial metal, and it has achieved it every time.

It cut celestial metal before it was enchanted too, to a lesser degree.

-K-M-
In their recent fight, Apoc was at least a hundredfold mass wise. So y'all are discrediting Jarnborn for one low showing even though every single other showing is a high one? Pis poor reasoning and logic

Clearly you didn't read my posts as I was NOT referencing just that fight. In fact that was the first time I brought it up. Also since when does height have anything to do with it? The axe has killed a celestial when the Apoc twins had it...far far far larger then what Apoc was. One shot the celestial even

Also did you miss the point I referred to the high showings but also listed several other showings making the axe very inconsistent. Yet seems all you people want to do is just go by high showings and ignore everything else.

-K-M-
Named characters cant die every time Thor swings his axe, unless the plot demands it. The Axe is enchanted to cut through celestial metal, and it has achieved it every time.

It cut celestial metal before it was enchanted too, to a lesser degree.

Are we really arguing that axe is constantly at beyonder and celestial buster levels and everything else is plot based and ignored? Yes it has. To much varying degrees which is the point.

To a VERY lesser degree.

Damborgson
There's no more merit to the Beyonder showings than showing off the feat for batteleboard cred. They were tribunal killers, no hero had any business being in there presence.

But Celestials are what it was made to cut essentially, and its cut from Apocalypse to Exitar.

When the enchantment isn't in play, it's not quite the same thing. It still has a hell of an edge but has more showings to average it out.

-K-M-
There's no more merit to the Beyonder showings than showing off the feat for batteleboard cred. They were tribunal killers, no hero had any business being in there presence.

But Celestials are what it was made to cut essentially, and its cut from Apocalypse to Exitar.

When the enchantment isn't in play, it's not quite the same thing. It still has a hell of an edge but has more showings to average it out.

Thank you.

agreed again. Yet against Apoc it has varying degrees. Which is what I was saying it's inconsistent. Thor took the axe to the chest which he quickly shrugged off like nothing happened.

Oh 100% it's a legit weapon. Incredibly sharp and by no means am I calling it weak. Then add in the lightening strikes very lethal. Just don't agree with people going just by the high showings and ignoring everything else.

Damborgson
Yeah but it pierced him, Thor's just got some uber damage soak feats every now and then.

Regardless, we seem to be agreeing lol thumb up

-K-M-
Yeah but it pierced him, Thor's just got some uber damage soak feats every now and then.

Regardless, we seem to be agreeing lol thumb up

Lets not let it happen again

Damborgson
Lets not let it happen again

http://38.media.tumblr.com/0f73e8f6eb5a2961b096bbfd6e1d2fb7/tumblr_njxf230ozX1tv4k5po1_500.gif

meep-meep
Pacts with canucks...treacherous grounds,

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.