7 Barons of the Badlands vs 5 Fingers of the Hand

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheVaultDweller
Barons:
Quinn
Jacobee
The Widow
Broadmore
Rohas
Chau
Hassan

Fingers:
Sowande
Murakami
Gao
Alexandra
Bakuto

- Fight takes place in the caverns under Midland Circle.
- Standard gear for everyone.
- Teams start 10 feet apart.

Bonus round: Sunny and Bajie join the Barons. Nobu and Elektra join the Fingers. Bajie doesn't really have standard gear, so he gets a sword and some nunchucks.

Who wins?

carthage
The only other Baron apart from Quinn and Widow I remember even having a hint of talent was the lady in the white dress. Given how Sowande can contend with Cage he can probably beat the fodder barons, and Bakuto was strong enough to cut through Cinder blocks/hold his own against Matt/Colleen and Matt is more skilled/stronger than anyone not named Quinn/Widow.

I feel like it could go either way given Widow and Quinn have better feats in terms of skill than most hand members, and without more notable feats from the other Barons its hard to decide how skilled they are. I don't recall Quin fighting multiple opponents, but he should be comfortably more durable and skilled than anyone. So I'd give a slight edge to the Badlands team seeing as they can tank anything Gao throws at them, and make short work of fodder like Bakuto

With Nobu and Elektra, I'd give a slight edge to the Hand (5/6-10). Sunny loses to Elektra in pure H2H, but its going to be a ridiculously close fight seeing as he prefers bladed combat and he has a much higher chance of winning in pure Bladed combat given much better feats than having issues with Stick like Nachos did. If Sunny can Keep Elektra in a match of swords I can see him winning a majority, but if he gets disarmed she's more durable and will eventually win in an extremely brutal fight. I'd give Nobu an edge over any of the other Barons barring Quinn. Widow is slightly more durable but Nobu's fighting of Matt/Elektra at once impresses me more than losing to Quinn, struggling with Tilda, and losing to Sunny. It'd be another brutal fight though, and the Hand winning would be contingent on if they could drop the other barons.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by carthage
The only other Baron apart from Quinn and Widow I remember even having a hint of talent was the lady in the white dress. Given how Sowande can contend with Cage he can probably beat the fodder barons, and Bakuto was strong enough to cut through Cinder blocks/hold his own against Matt/Colleen and Matt is more skilled/stronger than anyone not named Quinn/Widow.

I feel like it could go either way given Widow and Quinn have better feats in terms of skill than most hand members, and without more notable feats from the other Barons its hard to decide how skilled they are. I don't recall Quin fighting multiple opponents, but he should be comfortably more durable and skilled than anyone. So I'd give a slight edge to the Badlands team seeing as they can tank anything Gao throws at them, and make short work of fodder like Bakuto

With Nobu and Elektra, I'd give a slight edge to the Hand (5/6-10). Sunny loses to Elektra in pure H2H, but its going to be a ridiculously close fight seeing as he prefers bladed combat and he has a much higher chance of winning in pure Bladed combat given much better feats than having issues with Stick like Nachos did. If Sunny can Keep Elektra in a match of swords I can see him winning a majority, but if he gets disarmed she's more durable and will eventually win in an extremely brutal fight. I'd give Nobu an edge over any of the other Barons barring Quinn. Widow is slightly more durable but Nobu's fighting of Matt/Elektra at once impresses me more than losing to Quinn, struggling with Tilda, and losing to Sunny. It'd be another brutal fight though, and the Hand winning would be contingent on if they could drop the other barons.

Well, Jacobee was doing fairly decently against Quinn when they fought in S1. Quinn clearly had the edge, but Jacobee wasn't going down without a fight. Jacobee got wrecked when he tried to fight Dark One mode MK though. Baron Chau was able to match the Widow pretty evenly when they fought during Quinn's ambush. The other Barons also showed that they were capable of handling normal Clippers (1 or 2 at a time at least) when they fought their way out. IIRC, Baron Hassan was handling a few of Widow Clippers before the Widow herself finally stepped in, during his assassination.

And speaking of Sowande and pressure points, don't forget about Bajie in the bonus round. Guy knows exotic pressure point techniques that allowed him to pretty much freeze Cyan in place for several seconds.

TheVaultDweller
On a random note, when did Bakuto hold his own against both Matt and Colleen? I recall Matt holding off both Bakuto and Murakami at the same time, then Murakami engaging Luke, while Bakuto repeatedly tried (and failed) to slash at Matt with his sword. Colleen then arrived and, between the two of them, they quickly floored Bakuto, at which point the Fingers did the pipe/fire thing and ran away, as all three were losing at that point.

Also, Gao is either insanely strong, or uses her TK to amp herself physically as well. While fighting Jessica and Luke, they both grab her at the same time, one each arm, yet she casually throws off Luke and sends him flying, with one hand.

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
On a random note, when did Bakuto hold his own against both Matt and Colleen? I recall Matt holding off both Bakuto and Murakami at the same time, then Murakami engaging Luke, while Bakuto repeatedly tried (and failed) to slash at Matt with his sword. Colleen then arrived and, between the two of them, they quickly floored Bakuto, at which point the Fingers did the pipe/fire thing and ran away, as all three were losing at that point.

Also, Gao is either insanely strong, or uses her TK to amp herself physically as well. While fighting Jessica and Luke, they both grab her at the same time, one each arm, yet she casually throws off Luke and sends him flying, with one hand.

I believe it was the final fight from the Ironfist series, not Defenders, where Danny and Colleen double-team Bakuto.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
I believe it was the final fight from the Ironfist series, not Defenders, where Danny and Colleen double-team Bakuto.

I don't specifically recall a double-team on him in IF, but I might just be forgetting a fight. I know he got killed by Davos after his cockiness resulted in him losing to Colleen one-on-one, and that Danny beat him twice solo. Colleen and Matt did briefly double-team him in episode 7 of Defenders, but they were kicking his ass pretty badly. Murakami and Gao were getting tossed around while fighting Jess and Luke as well, so the 3 Fingers pulled the fire trick and fled.

On a random note, I only now found out that there is some kind of Badlands prequel comic that, at least partially, goes more into Quinn's past.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.