Thor W/belt of strength vs Dos Doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
Who wins

carver9
Thor hits Doomsday head clean off in a single strike. With the belt of strength, Thor punched a hole clean through a Celestial.

D-Block
Normal Thor could Beat Doomsday with the Belt this is spite IMO

carver9
Yep.

deathslash
Doomsday has a pretty good speed edge, but Thor beats him pretty much every single time IMO.

leonidas
depends on how much you think dd's own strength increased over the course of the battle. if he starts off facing the hooded dd that wasn't able to harm superman with a punch, that is different from the version that increased dramatically in power as the fight went on. the belt also doesn't increase his speed. that said, i think regular thor is capable of beating dos, so this one certainly could as well. i still don't think it would be easy, nor do i think strength would necessarily be the deciding factor--the hammer's versatility is still the key here.

abhilegend
Doomsday wins.

Horrificus
Thor beats DD twice as easily as he would have withiut the belt.

carver9
If Thor faced Doomsday and had the same mindset Superman had when facing Doomsday, Thor would destroy him.

abhilegend
erm

abhilegend
Originally posted by Horrificus
Thor beats DD twice as easily as he would have withiut the belt.
Doomsday would destroy Thor. The belt will only allow Thor to last longer.

Even a Guardian committing suicide could only ko a pre DOS Doomsday. Thor is nowhere near that level.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor knocks his head off.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor knocks his head off.
Thor knocks his own head off? Ok?

tkitna
Thor wins

deathslash
Originally posted by abhilegend
Doomsday wins a beating. thumb up

Damborgson
Thor would crumble him with a hard two handed hammer swing. Not that Thor needs the belt to win.

abhilegend
erm

JBL
Thor takes DD's head off with one shot.

Facee
Thor

Arabus
Doomsday wins a majority in a conventional fight. He's durable enough and fast enough to keep evolving over the course of the fight. Chronologically, Doomsday has already killed Master Mayhem, Radiant, and thousands of Green Lanterns by the time DOS happens.

Thor has to use his smarts if he's going to beat Doomsday. Mjolnir can open gateways to really nasty places. Maybe a dimension that's equivalent to the end of time like Limbo would be a bad rabbit hole for Doomsday to fall into. Not easy though.

carver9
Or Thor punches his head clean off. Post one showing with DOS Doomsday adapting during combat.

DarkSaint85
Or a scan of Thor punching someone's head clean off.

There's the Green Lantern showing. He's adapting to the Guardians energies.

Rao Kal El
Doomsday wins.

People should read Doomsday year one to have an idea the kind of monster Doomsday was.

The only way Thor could win this is by BFR. Otherwise Doomsday wins every time. IMO

leonidas
dd never evolved beyond superman's physical damage output. some think that a double strength thor, hitting with his hammer, can't match or exceed the damage output superman killed him with at the end of the series?

sigh.... sometimes a guy just has to wonder....

Damborgson
Some people argue that Superman would take it to Odin. /shrug

Thor wasn't Marvel's top hero because of how unimpressive he was, that seems to be forgotten.

carver9
Mjlonir is the hardest hitting weapon in comics. Im shocked if people actually believe Superman punches exceeds it.

leonidas
there was a lengthy thread comparing superman's punches vs mjolnir strikes wasn't there? some...less than great stuff in that thread iirc and i stayed away from it. regardless, this is 2x thor.... sometimes i don't get this place.

carver9
The belt of strength gives Thor a 10 times amp.

carver9
I was wrong...it doubles his strength. Read the scene when he faced Kurse..

Horrificus
Thor knocks his own head off? Ok? Thor wins easily. But, aftrr rolling DD'corpse over, he is aghast to find YOU beneath it, with your head planted securely up inside it's loins.

abhilegend
Originally posted by leonidas
dd never evolved beyond superman's physical damage output. some think that a double strength thor, hitting with his hammer, can't match or exceed the damage output superman killed him with at the end of the series?

sigh.... sometimes a guy just has to wonder....
Normal Superman? No. But he didn't have any success with Doomsday too.

All out Superman though? Yes, he hits harder than even belt of strength Thor. Originally posted by Damborgson
Some people argue that Superman would take it to Odin. /shrug

Thor wasn't Marvel's top hero because of how unimpressive he was, that seems to be forgotten.
Because Odin is some all powerful being who can never be touched by lowlies like Jane Thor?

If you think Superman can't beat Odin if the comic asks for it, you're reading a wrong medium. Originally posted by Horrificus
Thor wins easily. But, aftrr rolling DD'corpse over, he is aghast to find YOU beneath it, with your head planted securely up inside it's loins.
So edgy. Maybe you should also call women wenches now.

Horrificus

All out Superman though? Yes, he hits harder than even belt of strength Thor.
Because Odin is some all powerful being who can never be touched by lowlies like Jane Thor?

If you think Superman can't beat Odin if the comic asks for it, you're reading a wrong medium.
So edgy. Maybe you should also call women wenches now. maybe i will. And maybe i will drink a flagon of meade! Whilst i speaketh the truth!

deathslash

All out Superman though? Yes, he hits harder than even belt of strength Thor.
thumb up so powerful that the shockwaves of his punches were breaking glass windows.

Oh wait, that's a combined feat because Doomsday was aiding him in the collateral damage.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Horrificus
maybe i will. And maybe i will drink a flagon of meade! Whilst i speaketh the truth!
While your ex girlfriend throws you out of your home, steals your job and takes your name?

Quite a strategy there. Originally posted by deathslash
thumb up so powerful that the shockwaves of his punches were breaking glass windows.

Oh wait, that's a combined feat because Doomsday was aiding him in the collateral damage.
That's more than Odin did while committing suicide to kill Surtur under the same writer.

Horrificus
While your ex girlfriend throws you out of your home, steals your job and takes your name?

Quite a strategy there.
That's more than Odin did while committing suicide to kill Surtur under the same writer. yeah, that sucks.
Thor should go to DC or Dark Horse. He could easily replace Superman.

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
Thor hits Doomsday head clean off in a single strike. With the belt of strength, Thor punched a hole clean through a Celestial.

Carver, you are ignoring context.
Thor swirled the hammer with two hands, for a long time, building up speed. Then Thor slammed down with two hands onto the Celestial.

This isn't practical in the DD fight. Thor would be lucky to get a jabbing swing on DD, due to the speed difference.

Also Celestials aren't that durable against physical force (blunt and piercing). Adamantium is more durable.

DD is much faster and has piercing weapons. He can cut Thor to ribbons in little time.

There is no way Thor can beat DD with that type of speed.

carver9
Thor swung the hammer faster than any eye could see. He does the same here. Swings the hammer and punch DD head off. Please post proof that he did it for a long time.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by h1a8
Thor swirled the hammer with two hands, for a long time, building up speed. Then Thor slammed down with two hands onto the Celestial.

This isn't practical in the DD fight. Thor would be lucky to get a jabbing swing on DD, due to the speed difference.

Also Celestials aren't that durable against physical force (blunt and piercing). Adamantium is more durable.

DD is much faster and has piercing weapons. He can cut Thor to ribbons in little time.

thumb up

Till the final chapter of DoS, DD strength, durability and speed kept on increasing, Superman had to drop his mental block like never before in order to keep up and kill DD. They are far above a Thor with the belt.

Adam Grimes
This thread sucks

Horrificus
Thor swung the hammer faster than any eye could see. He does the same here. Swings the hammer and punch DD head off. Please post proof that he did it for a long time. Carver is right.
As a matter of fact, Thor swung the hammer "faster than thought", i believe.
And, im trying to remember, but i dont think the narration said, "at approximately 9:00am Thor began swinging his hammer. At this time, his enemy settled down for a nice nap, asking Thor to kindly wake him once his hammer had built up enough speed. Somewhere in the range of the speed of thought. With Thor politely promising that it should only take an hour or so."

No. I have seen the arguments in here before. They r a joke. Thor has gone against too many enemies with speed feats, too many enemies who regularly use speed as a regular combat tool and had too many comments or statements made about his speed, to casually discount him in battles against other speedsters.

DD is not going to pull a single win out of THAT loophole. No, he doesnt make it out of this one.

Stoic
Comparatively speaking? Wonder Woman was capable of contending with DOS Doomsday for a time on a physical level. Which tells me that a regular Thor could also contend with him for a time as well. The only glaring difference that sticks out to me is; Thor with the hammer happens to be drastically more powerful than she is. At least in terms of power output, and physical striking damage. While she is drastically faster than he is. Thor with the belt and going in for the kill, may in fact just be able to knock DD's head clean off.

Here's why.

Thor knows what Doomsday is going in to the battle. Backed by forum regulations.

Thor has affected more powerful guys than DOS Doomsday. If we looked at the force that it took to put DOSDD into a coma, Thor would absolutely demolish this guy with feats (Rage, Celey, or anyone invested may have to jump in with the scans. I have none sorry). The force that it took to put DOS Doomsday into a deep coma shook the city, and blew out windows for over 10 miles of the impact. Thor can blow up planets with his attacks. Waiving this fact after arguing power levels on a regular basis, would IMO be a double standard. Belt of strength Thor in my unbiased opinion is overkill due to what I mentioned above concerning DOS Doomday's ability to weather an attack from Thor. The only way that I can possibly see Thor losing this, is if he held back drastically, while attempting to reason with a guy that he knows coming into this match could not be reasoned with. Let's just scratch that idea, it would be completely out of character.

BOS Thor FTW.

Stoic
Originally posted by h1a8

The impact that Thor hit the Celestial with, would have turned DOSDD to dust. This wasn't a quick attack, it was a prepared one. Thor had to siphon off electromagnetic energy from the planet into Mjolnir to pull that attack off.

carver9
Great post Stoic...just want to point out one thing, it was Maxima Doomsday fought instead of Wondy.

Stoic
Great post Stoic...just want to point out one thing, it was Maxima Doomsday fought instead of Wondy.

He fought Diana as well. He was going to drop a bus on her after stunning her due to distraction. If I recall properly, been a while.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Stoic
Comparatively speaking? Wonder Woman was capable of contending with DOS Doomsday for a time on a physical level. Which tells me that a regular Thor could also contend with him for a time as well. The only glaring difference that sticks out to me is; Thor with the hammer happens to be drastically more powerful than she is. At least in terms of power output, and physical striking damage. While she is drastically faster than he is. Thor with the belt and going in for the kill, may in fact just be able to knock DD's head clean off.

Here's why.

Thor knows what Doomsday is going in to the battle. Backed by forum regulations.

Thor has affected more powerful guys than DOS Doomsday. If we looked at the force that it took to put DOSDD into a coma, Thor would absolutely demolish this guy with feats (Rage, Celey, or anyone invested may have to jump in with the scans. I have none sorry). The force that it took to put DOS Doomsday into a deep coma shook the city, and blew out windows for over 10 miles of the impact. Thor can blow up planets with his attacks. Waiving this fact after arguing power levels on a regular basis, would IMO be a double standard. Belt of strength Thor in my unbiased opinion is overkill due to what I mentioned above concerning DOS Doomday's ability to weather an attack from Thor. The only way that I can possibly see Thor losing this, is if he held back drastically, while attempting to reason with a guy that he knows coming into this match could not be reasoned with. Let's just scratch that idea, it would be completely out of character.

BOS Thor FTW.
That was a clone which Wonder Woman fought.

wxyz
Thor can do it without the belt.

Stoic
That was a clone which Wonder Woman fought.

Okay. I'm hoping that we're talking about the same fight, because at that time, I didn't think that Doomsday had been cloned yet.

DOS Superman could have taken DOSDD's head clean off as well if he had known what it was that he was fighting, and the trick to beating him. If Superman had gone at DD mercilessly from the jump, DD would have been wrecked or flat out KO'd. At which point Superman could have just thrown him into deep space. I recall Superman questioning whether or not DD had grown stronger the longer they fought. This mistake, nearly cost him the battle. My point is that Thor would be going in with crucial knowledge that Superman lacked at that time.

Zack M
Yeah, didnt wonder woman kill that clone? Not the real deal.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Stoic
Okay. I'm hoping that we're talking about the same fight, because at that time, I didn't think that Doomsday had been cloned yet.

DOS Superman could have taken DOSDD's head clean off as well if he had known what it was that he was fighting, and the trick to beating him. If Superman had gone at DD mercilessly from the jump, DD would have been wrecked or flat out KO'd. At which point Superman could have just thrown him into deep space. I recall Superman questioning whether or not DD had grown stronger the longer they fought. This mistake, nearly cost him the battle. My point is that Thor would be going in with crucial knowledge that Superman lacked at that time.
It was a clone.

And no, Superman wouldn't have done that. And Thor isn't Superman when he isn't holding back.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
This thread sucks

😁😁😁

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.