The Infinite Empire vs the CIS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deronn_solo
- A full-scale galactic war.
- Both factions are at their peak
- No prep, completely random encounter

Who wins and why?

Zenwolf
CIS, The Infinite Empire lags behind...well just about everything compared to other factions as far as warring goes. Their ships aren't anything impressive and they have just that one walker.

UCanShootMyNova
CIS with 0.1% of their forces.

Haschwalth
Originally posted by Zenwolf
CIS, The Infinite Empire lags behind...well just about everything compared to other factions as far as warring goes. Their ships aren't anything impressive and they have just that one walker.

There ships could level countries, in single blasts. By channeling imprisoned force users, pretty much like what Malak did on the starforge.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Haschwalth
There ships could level countries, in single blasts. By channeling imprisoned force users, pretty much like what Malak did on the starforge.

Where in any of their ships appearances do you see country level blasts? But really it doesn't matter, they were taken out with laser beam weaponry which is inferior to the Turbolasers.

More to that point, they apparently don't have any fighters to support their ships which is a terrible move. If by some miracle they can get passed a CIS fleet and get troops on any CIS controlled world, lets see them have fun in trying to take out their ground forces.

Deronn_solo
Zen is God-tier when it comes to debating military related stuff.

Haschwalth
Where in any of their ships appearances do you see country level blasts? But really it doesn't matter, they were taken out with laser beam weaponry which is inferior to the Turbolasers.

More to that point, they apparently don't have any fighters to support their ships which is a terrible move. If by some miracle they can get passed a CIS fleet and get troops on any CIS controlled world, lets see them have fun in trying to take out their ground forces.

They do have fighter ships fyi.
http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Star-Wars-Dawn-of-the-Jedi-Force-War/Issue-4?id=13052#6
http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Star-Wars-Dawn-of-the-Jedi-Force-War/Issue-4?id=13052#7

Unless, the portrayal is awful.
and here is their country level blasts.
http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Star-Wars-Dawn-of-the-Jedi-Prisoner-of-Bogan/Issue-4?id=70418#22

MythLord

The Merchant
Country level weaponry already exists in Clone Wars era. The Invisible Hand for examples blast out firepower comparable to a 10.0 Earthquake IIRC and Acclamators blast out 200 gigatons per shot. Munificents can melt an ice moon 1000 kilometers in diameter which us continent busting.

Haschwalth
Originally posted by The Merchant
Country level weaponry already exists in Clone Wars era. The Invisible Hand for examples blast out firepower comparable to a 10.0 Earthquake IIRC and Acclamators blast out 200 gigatons per shot. Munificents can melt an ice moon 1000 kilometers in diameter which us continent busting.

I know, I just felt the need to give an idea of the type of weaponry the Infinite empire had.
Though... they did imprison the world razer, which would obliviate any CIS army. Probably not the entire military though.

nfactor1995
In-universe, I struggle to see the CIS taking the Infinite Empire tbh

Tondemonai
CIS. They have supremacy in all 5 dimensions of warfare, though the 5th is debatable. CIS have numbers by many orders of magnitude.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Zen is God
thumb up

Zenwolf
They do have fighter ships fyi.
http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Star-Wars-Dawn-of-the-Jedi-Force-War/Issue-4?id=13052#6
http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Star-Wars-Dawn-of-the-Jedi-Force-War/Issue-4?id=13052#7

Unless, the portrayal is awful.
and here is their country level blasts.
http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Star-Wars-Dawn-of-the-Jedi-Prisoner-of-Bogan/Issue-4?id=70418#22

Fair enough on the starfighters, guess I forgot about them. But again, these fighters aren't worth anything compared to later starfighters.

That doesn't really seem like a country level blast, that seems more nuclear level. It's comparable to when the Mandos used nuclear weapons.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/d/de/Nuclear_explosions.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20080113050559

So great, the Rakata's Force strength embued starships can get up to nuclear bombs, which are archaic weapons.

Meanwhile, during the Mando Wars, you have Mandos using nuclear weapons against Republic fleets in battle as part of standard arsenals and Republic ships being able to combat against them.

The CIS has far more firepower to bring in, the Rakata fleet ships have at best, 2 laser weapons.

Now what the hell are two laser weapons gonna amount to against a CIS Providence-class cruiser? Or any of the other ships that the CIS has?

A laser weapon compared to a Turbolaser is limited in fire and less powerful. The Rakata need time to charge up their main gun to nuclear levels, meanwhile the CIS fleets are just gonna be bombarding and destroying their forces...the Rakata don't have an unlimited source of energy to keep up the level of firepower to nuclear standards, they are gonna die just trying to keep up that level.

Their fighters...there's nothing really on them, but they were destroyed by Je'daii starfighters who didn't really have any greater weaponry other than 2 laser weapons.

The Rakata are limited in hyperspace travel, meanwhile CIS ships can go virtually anywhere they wanted by comparison.

Ground forces...the CIS outnumber the Rakata by a huge margin and having a variety of troops to deploy. Seeing as Palps isn't helping, the CIS can just crank out Cortosis SBDs and have them lay waste to the Rakata ground forces. Or Colicoid Annhilator Droids or B3 Ultra SBDs...A-series Assassin Droids...so on and so forth.

The Rakata can't compete with that. They have Force Hounds and those guys aren't gonna win an entire war when they are so grossly outnumbered.

Then there's Dooku, Durge, Ventress, all those Dark Acolytes with Dooku who can deal with the Force Hounds, if the overwhelming droid numbers and specialized droids can't.

Tanks can roll them all over as the one Rakata walker isn't gonna be doing much before they get destroyed.

All this if they can even win a space engagement to land troops.

ThirdReich
Keep going Zen. This a good read

Zenwolf
Originally posted by ThirdReich
Keep going Zen. This a good read

There isn't much to discuss, The Infinite Empire just lacks in every capacity compared to the later eras and factions as far as declaring war. They were in a Pre-Republic time era, hyperdrive technology wasn't even a thing. Their greatest opposition was the Je'daii Order and their technology is complete **** by comparison to later eras.

Haschwalth
That doesn't really seem like a country level blast, that seems more nuclear level. It's comparable to when the Mandos used nuclear weapons.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/d/de/Nuclear_explosions.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20080113050559

So great, the Rakata's Force strength embued starships can get up to nuclear bombs, which are archaic weapons.
Small country at least, anyway it depends on its potency if it's vaporization, it could on the lower end of continental.

Zenwolf
Small country at least, anyway it depends on its potency if it's vaporization, it could on the lower end of continental.

It still isn't gonna help them, plus I mean there can be small countries that can be pretty much wiped out by a nuclear weapon. We have what their greatest output of weaponry is and that's pretty much nuclear level. Maybe not in potency sure if you wanna go that route, but then were just gonna be going back that laser weaponry isn't great compared to blaster/turbolaser technology and a whole load of other things the Infinite Empire lacks.

Either way, the IE can't compete. Though I surmise that you never really were pulling for any side here.

Haschwalth
It still isn't gonna help them, plus I mean there can be small countries that can be pretty much wiped out by a nuclear weapon. We have what their greatest output of weaponry is and that's pretty much nuclear level. Maybe not in potency sure if you wanna go that route, but then were just gonna be going back that laser weaponry isn't great compared to blaster/turbolaser technology and a whole load of other things the Infinite Empire lacks.

Either way, the IE can't compete. Though I surmise that you never really were pulling for any side here.

Nah, I was just giving information, on the Infinite Empire. Incase people are interested. Otherwise this thread would be the usual boring one.

Did the Rakata ever master the star forge?, I know they had issues hmmmm.
Also, they defeated the celestials if i'm correct? They were like the ancients of Stargate in all honesty. With their versions of stargates, etc, being honest the celestials are probably more advanced than current SW, asides from Military.

The Merchant
Actually yeah imprisoning the world razor is somethinh that passed my.mind. also didn't some prison of theirs took out some star systems? And Malgus I believe said Rakata tech>Sith empire tech.

Zenwolf
Nah, I was just giving information, on the Infinite Empire. Incase people are interested. Otherwise this thread would be the usual boring one.

Did the Rakata ever master the star forge?, I know they had issues hmmmm.
Also, they defeated the celestials if i'm correct? They were like the ancients of Stargate in all honesty. With their versions of stargates, etc, being honest the celestials are probably more advanced than current SW, asides from Military.

They defeated the Kwa who had what you were describing, stargate like portals and such. Though the Kwa were able to destroy them before the Rakata could get it. There was also some war thing or whatever between the Rakata and the other clients of the Celestials, but details are just bare and don't really offer much.

Haschwalth
They defeated the Kwa who had what you were describing, stargate like portals and such. Though the Kwa were able to destroy them before the Rakata could get it. There was also some war thing or whatever between the Rakata and the other clients of the Celestials, but details are just bare and don't really offer much.
Then in came Disney canon, and scrapped all that, our only hope now would be Swtor.

Zenwolf
Then in came Disney canon, and scrapped all that, our only hope now would be Swtor.

Eh doubt TOR is gonna add anything that far back, they just seem to be going off the walls and just throwing stuff together.

Haschwalth
Eh doubt TOR is gonna add anything that far back, they just seem to be going off the walls and just throwing stuff together.
We can only hope, more with belsavis would be nice tbh. Also I wonder why the teleporters there were never replicated.

Haschwalth
@Zenwolf
"The Rakata civilization was powerful beyond measure; the threats they sought to contain in this prison transcended anything the Republic is currently prepared to face."

―Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
That's quite a nice accolade.

Zenwolf

Haschwalth
They did create teleporters etc.

Zenwolf
They did create teleporters etc.

Not really useful since their teleporters are really limited.

Haschwalth
Not really useful since their teleporters are really limited.

Esh-kha managed to use one to teleport into a ship in high orbit.

Zenwolf
Esh-kha managed to use one to teleport into a ship in high orbit.

Source? Because I don't recall that happening, the teleporters were limited going from point A to point B.

Plus again, their military tech isn't the best, their ships are crap.

Haschwalth
Source? Because I don't recall that happening, the teleporters were limited going from point A to point B.

Plus again, their military tech isn't the best, their ships are crap.
Pulled it from the Wiki http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Teleporter
It's part of a mission, I cant remember.

Zenwolf
Pulled it from the Wiki http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Teleporter
It's part of a mission, I cant remember.

Found it, so ok the Esh-kha can do that sure. But that's one instance and frankly it seems more trouble than its worth to set up teleporters given we only see them on Belsavis and them being detectable doesn't really help anything other than helping them get destroyed.

More to that, the fact that there was such technology and yet still it didn't really do much of anything to change...well anything, means that it's not a game changer.

The IE still is limited, their ships aren't anything special to make any real headway and they can't really answer the CIS various ground forces and tech edge.

TOR frankly screwed things over with the IE, as now they don't really make any sense of their capabilities.

Haschwalth
Found it, so ok the Esh-kha can do that sure. But that's one instance and frankly it seems more trouble than its worth to set up teleporters given we only see them on Belsavis and them being detectable doesn't really help anything other than helping them get destroyed.

More to that, the fact that there was such technology and yet still it didn't really do much of anything to change...well anything, means that it's not a game changer.

The IE still is limited, their ships aren't anything special to make any real headway and they can't really answer the CIS various ground forces and tech edge.

TOR frankly screwed things over with the IE, as now they don't really make any sense of their capabilities.

Yeah, they seem to be millennium ahead in certain fields, but millennium behind in others. It's pretty strange how the Republic, never capitalized on teleporter technology and improved it, Lokath has similar teleportation, in KOTET. I guess it gets lost/destroyed etc.

Haschwalth
Might make a thread about the eternal empire/lokath considering they are superior to the rakata in everyway, asides from the force.

Zenwolf
Yeah, they seem to be millennium ahead in certain fields, but millennium behind in others. It's pretty strange how the Republic, never capitalized on teleporter technology and improved it, Lokath has similar teleportation, in KOTET. I guess it gets lost/destroyed etc.

It's dumb technology to have in a setting like SW, it shouldn't have even been introduced.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.