Valkorion/Exar Kun vs Yoda/Count Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lazybones
All characters at their peak. 30m apart.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Team 1, easily.

carthage
Yoda solos

slayne
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Team 1, easily.
thumb up

Lord Stark
Team 2.

thesithmaster
Team 2. Gap between Kun and Yoda is bigger than the gap between Valkorion and Dooku.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Prove it.

thesithmaster
Prove it.

It's already too late here, but tomorrow it isn't. Some hours from now, you can have some proof smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
You better provide some smile

Emperordmb
Team one obviously. Yoda vs Valk would be a significantly closer fight than Dooku vs Kun, after which Kun helps Valk and they win for sure. Dooku is the definite weak link.

TenebrousWay
Originally posted by thesithmaster
Team 2. Gap between Kun and Yoda is bigger than the gap between Valkorion and Dooku.

kek

carthage
Kun can't kill old Tree Jedi but is above Fooku, yep lol

Rockydonovang
You could argue for yoda vs valk in a force fight being close, but in a general fight, Yoda being the best duelist in the mythos up until Sidious makes Yoda much better combatant.

Trocity
Team 1.

Sinious
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Team one obviously. Yoda vs Valk would be a significantly closer fight than Dooku vs Kun, after which Kun helps Valk and they win for sure. Dooku is the definite weak link. thumb up

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by carthage
Kun can't kill old Tree Jedi but is above Fooku, yep lol

The old tree Jedi that tanked supernova shockwaves thumb up

nfactor1995
Originally posted by thesithmaster

Wait...why aren't we talking about the gap between Kun and Dooku vs the one between Yoda and Valkorion? Unless you're trying to assert that Kun>Valkorion for some reason.....

Azronger
Team 2, easily.

Haschwalth
Team 1 mid diff.

ThirdReich
Team 1, easily.

deathslash
The old tree Jedi that tanked supernova shockwaves thumb up didn't he also survive the heat of the supernova as well?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yes.

HitTheAssasin
TOR wank is real here.
Team 2.
Dooku is beyond Valkorions ability to ragdoll, which means he can last quite a while against him, though he will eventually lose.
Yoda can defeat Exar solidly, though not quickly.

deathslash
Yes. herald level feat right there. thumb up
Originally posted by HitTheAssasin
TOR wank is real here.
Team 2.
Dooku is beyond Valkorions ability to ragdoll, which means he can last quite a while against him, though he will eventually lose.
Yoda can defeat Exar solidly, though not quickly. what makes you put Dooku on such a high level?

Haschwalth
Originally posted by deathslash
herald level feat right there. thumb up
what makes you put Dooku on such a high level?
The dooku vs yoda crap, with the quotes.

Ursumeles
Team 1.

MythLord
The old tree Jedi that tanked supernova shockwaves thumb up

That Dooku and Mace are canonically better than. thumb up

Anyways, team 2 can take it, but I'm inclined to back Team 1 as I see Tyranus as a weak link.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Dooku has no quotes definitively putting him above all Jedi who came before, as far as I'm aware. Neither does Mace, IIRC.

Deronn_solo
Team 1 wins everytime.

Beniboybling
Team 2. laughing out loud

HitTheAssasin
Originally posted by deathslash

what makes you put Dooku on such a high level?
The canonical statements that have him beyond Yoda's abaility to ragdoll, which means Valk won't be either considering his inferiority to Yoda.
And his (relatively) casual ragdolling of Obi-Wan.
Interms of saber skill he's really impressive as well, holding his own against Yoda(confirmed 9) and Anakin(confirmed 9) on a few different occasions and stomping the likes of Ventress easily.

HitTheAssasin
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Team 1 wins everytime.
How?
I mean, i can see them winning, but certainly not every time. Exar and Dooku are very close(Exar is slightly ahead) and will likely have a prolonged duel, considering thats how both of them settle most of their fights. Dooku's skill is slightly better but Exars physicals are significantly superior so i'd see him winning a slight majority in an extensive duel.
Yoda honestly takes Valkorion relatively quickly. He's minimally superior in the force and can block Valkorions lightning and TK, then close the distance with his incredible speed and blitz Valkorion.

FreshestSlice
Because:

I'm having a hard time imagining a scenario where Dooku doesn't get one shot.

ChocolateMuesli
Valkie might beat Dooku pretty badly, but then again, Yoda whoops Kun's ass too. I don't see an easy victory for either side here, unless Valkie is haxxed to beyond limits.

NewGuy01
Dooku has no quotes definitively putting him above all Jedi who came before, as far as I'm aware. Neither does Mace, IIRC.

Pretty sure Mace does.

Rockydonovang
mace has the to ever have walked the temple quote, though I remember there being a dispute over fact files.

IMO, competing withwith sidious is enough though
edit: Mace's quote may not apply to ood bnar who I don't recall walking the temple

MythLord

Mace does as of TPM even, and according to Y: DR, TPM Dooku is ~/> TPM Mace.

Tondemonai
Valk solo's

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by MythLord
Mace does as of TPM even, and according to Y: DR, TPM Dooku is ~/> TPM Mace.
I thought that only applies to those who walked the temple?

TenebrousWay
Ood shielding himself from the shockwave of a supernova is hardly a Maul tier feat.

MythLord
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
I thought that only applies to those who walked the temple?

There's more, I believe. Also, why wouldn't Ood walk the Temple?

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by MythLord
There's more, I believe. Also, why wouldn't Ood walk the Temple?
I think Muser proved we can't assume he did. I'll go fishing for the quotes

Ursumeles
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
Ood shielding himself from the shockwave of a supernova is hardly a Maul tier feat.
What? Why?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
He's saying it's above Maul-tier.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by HitTheAssasin

How?

Because given the distance and the caliber of opponents Dooku is going against, he won't last long. Valkorion can easily take Dooku out in a number of ways, one of which includes telepathy that dominated the minds of Revan and Malak, simultaneously with a fraction of his power - both of whom who are sporting superior telepathic resistance feats than Dooku. Keep in mind, this was done before Vitiate grew more powerful over a hundred years, and the Ziost campaign that saw him, again, swallow an entire populace of people, which included Sith and such.

Even if we do some way, conclude that Dooku's will power is enough to fend of Valkorion's telepathic dominance if he chose to take avenue for victory he has no defense against Vitiate's FLS. You know, the same Force Storms that one-shot both Arcann and Marr:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11116/111167681/5573922-5510661-giphy%2B%282%29.gif

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11116/111167681/5510660-giphy+%281%29.gif

In short, if it connects, which it will - Dooku will have no way of surviving. The plasma fountain of the lightsaber is too small in width to block the totality f a blast that nearly triples its radius and Dooku's Force defenses isn't sufficient enough to block pure dark side energy powerful enough to one-shot Arcann, and Marr.

Exar can, like-wise attack Dooku win esoteric sorcery techniques for which he has no defense for, nor the durability to tank such as dark side tendrils, or just render the Count's saber useless via freezing the latter lightsaber crystal via Force cryokinesis and chop him down in short fashion - there are literally dozens of ways the Count can, and will be dealt with in short order with this much starting distance, leaving Valkorion and Exar to stomp the green out of Yoda.

In short, Yoda needs a better partner if he wants to contend here. thumb up

DarthAnt66
thumb up

slayne
thumb up

ThirdReich
Because given the distance and the caliber of opponents Dooku is going against, he won't last long. Valkorion can easily take Dooku out in a number of ways, one of which includes telepathy that dominated the minds of Revan and Malak, simultaneously with a fraction of his power - both of whom who are sporting superior telepathic resistance feats than Dooku. Keep in mind, this was done before Vitiate grew more powerful over a hundred years, and the Ziost campaign that saw him, again, swallow an entire populace of people, which included Sith and such.

Even if we do some way, conclude that Dooku's will power is enough to fend of Valkorion's telepathic dominance if he chose to take avenue for victory he has no defense against Vitiate's FLS. You know, the same Force Storms that one-shot both Arcann and Marr:

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11116/111167681/5573922-5510661-giphy%2B%282%29.gif

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11116/111167681/5510660-giphy+%281%29.gif

In short, if it connects, which it will - Dooku will have no way of surviving. The plasma fountain of the lightsaber is too small in width to block the totality f a blast that nearly triples its radius and Dooku's Force defenses isn't sufficient enough to block pure dark side energy powerful enough to one-shot Arcann, and Marr.

Exar can, like-wise attack Dooku win esoteric sorcery techniques for which he has no defense for, nor the durability to tank such as dark side tendrils, or just render the Count's saber useless via freezing the latter lightsaber crystal via Force cryokinesis and chop him down in short fashion - there are literally dozens of ways the Count can, and will be dealt with in short order with this much starting distance, leaving Valkorion and Exar to stomp the green out of Yoda.

Wtf I love DC now

nfactor1995

Niiceee post, DC

ChocolateMuesli
Pretty terrible post, let's not kid ourselves.

nfactor1995
Originally posted by ChocolateMuesli
Pretty terrible post, let's not kid ourselves.

By all means, attempt to tear it apart, if you dare to try.

ChocolateMuesli
Originally posted by nfactor1995
By all means, attempt to tear it apart, if you dare to try.
While Valkie is busy trying his fancy TP attacks on Dooku, Yoda TK's Kun away, then throws his lightsaber at Valkie's head. Valkie dies, leaving it, at worst, a one-on-one between Kun and Yoda.

ThirdReich
While Valkie is busy trying his fancy TP attacks on Dooku, Yoda TK's Kun away, then throws his lightsaber at Valkie's head. Valkie dies, leaving it, at worst, a one-on-one between Kun and Yoda.
In which Kun wins smile

ChocolateMuesli
Originally posted by ThirdReich
In which Kun wins smile
Tru, forgot.

Haschwalth

As If throwing a lightsaber at valkorian would work, Revan would of ended him in the novel otherwise. And that's disregarding Precognition.

And then it would be a one on one, and Yoda would die.

S_W_LeGenD
Team 1 solidly.

Beniboybling

In short, Yoda needs a better partner if he wants to contend here. thumb up Jinkies. sad

TenebrousWay
Originally posted by Ursumeles
What? Why?

The shockwave didn't even melt the surface of the planet, which means the temperature was below 1500. The impact of the shockwave didn't destroy mountains or cliffs as well. If Ood had shielded the entire planet from the shockwave, it'd have been impressive but he only shielded himself and, probably, feed from planet to augment his powers as well. As it is, it's a pretty meh feat.

Deronn_solo
thumb up

Ood has been debunked. thumb up

Rockydonovang
Valk's going to have a fun time trying to use his powers on dooku as he gets assaulted by the all time great of swordsmanship(till sidious).

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Because Kun somehow doesn't factor into the equation.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Valk's going to have a fun time trying to use his powers on dooku as he gets assaulted by the all time great of swordsmanship(till sidious).

Exar can hold of Yoda, and it will take only a few seconds before Dooku falls to the will of a characters substantially more powerful than him.

Ursumeles
Lmfao @Exar stomping Dooku? What's next Jacen > Dooku? lol

Beniboybling
Alright I'm on a bank holiday with naught to do, time to tell DC what's what. sickOriginally posted by Deronn_solo
Because given the distance and the caliber of opponents Dooku is going against, he won't last long. Valkorion can easily take Dooku out in a number of ways, one of which includes telepathy that dominated the minds of Revan and Malak, simultaneously with a fraction of his power - both of whom who are sporting superior telepathic resistance feats than Dooku. Keep in mind, this was done before Vitiate grew more powerful over a hundred years, and the Ziost campaign that saw him, again, swallow an entire populace of people, which included Sith and such.Nice idea, too bad that Valk isn't doing shit with Yoda breathing down his neck. 30 meters being a pithy distance for an individual with "unparalleled" augmentative abilities, that is to say far faster than Jedi like Koon who cut through a battalion of droids before a trooper could utter three words:

http://i.imgur.com/UREoVho.jpg

Or Shaak Ti who caught up with a high speed mag-lev train in under a minute:

https://i.imgflip.com/1urmmm.gif

And considering that Dooku is much stronger than both these individuals as well, he won't be far behind. thumb up

Assuming he's able to get one off, and assuming Yoda doesn't simply protect them with a Force barrier (before retaliating in kind.) Quite.

That said, the idea that Dooku would be unable to survive such an attack because Valk KO'ed Arcann and killed f*cking Marr is laughable. Let's be clear, Arcann as the KotfE Prologue doesn't have shit on an individual who is ragdolling Kenobi, tossing warships and holding out against the then strongest Jedi ever, neither does he attain any feats that so much as put him on Dooku's level as of 2 years later. And no, failing to fully dominate an Outlander fresh out of carbonite does not count. I won't even bother addressing Marr.

On the other hand, considering Dooku was able to not only survive but recover from having the Talzin tortured out of him by Darth Sidious (who KO'ed someone of actual relevance in Yoda), despite his body having just had the life sapped out of it, I dare say he'd manage.

Right. Dooku possesses "near-unrivalled" knowledge of the Force, over a decade's worth of tutelage in the arcane, has access to an archive of a 1000 years' accumulated dark side knowledge, is highly practiced in the art of Sith sorcery, and yet he's defenceless against esoteric techniques? Be serious. Dooku has plenty defence, and the only instance in which Kun has accomplished such a feat being when backed by the "full might" of Kyp Durron, a Force focusing temple, and against a emotionally unbalanced Luke with no experience in Sith magic. I await more substantive proof.

Nah, he'll do just fine. thumb up

Rockydonovang
Because Kun somehow doesn't factor into the equation.
Because kin's definitely not going to engage dooku in a duel

BlueTiger1144
Lol. Solid post, Beni.
Kun being more powerful than Dooku is false as it is, being "far" more powerful than him is straight up laughable. Team 2 wins decisively.

ThirdReich
This bluetiger1144 is radiating PURE CANCER.

BlueTiger1144
Originally posted by ThirdReich
This bluetiger1144 is radiating PURE CANCER.
You radiate pure stupidity.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.