Toppo vs. Frieza!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vansonbee
Fight#1 Frieza during ROF

Fight#2 True Golden Frieza

Who wins here?

http://pm1.narvii.com/6398/049d1357068bdae1364dd3aee190f92dc8ff2130_hq.jpg

carver9
Toppo

Damborgson
True Golden Frieza is equal to Goku Blue, Toppo got his butt kicked, Frieza wins.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
That's not what happened, like at all. Toppo wreaks havoc on Frieza.

Damborgson
Okay, let me hear your opinion on the matter.

Inedian
Frieza wins.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Damborgson
Okay, let me hear your opinion on the matter.

Sorry I didn't catch this.

Basically, Toppo was suppressing himself against SSJB Goku, and still tanked his kamehameha with just a tear in his shirt. He then proceeds to power up immensely as Goku begins to power into Kaioken. At this point, it isn't really certain who's gonna win, as noted by Daishinkan, Toppo, Beerus, and even Goku himself. Not only that, but Belmod is apparently going to retire "any day now," and Toppo is next in line for that job.

Goku was more excited for Toppo than he was for Hit, and viewed Toppo as more of a rival, an equal. The idea that Toppo's absolute peak is "getting his butt kicked by SSJB" is a tad ridiculous. And by a tad, I mean extremely.

Toppo ~ SSJB KK Goku.

cdtm
thumb up

Good post, as any fool can plainly see.

Originally posted by carver9
Toppo

rolling on floor laughing

If Freeza has an ace, he hasn't showed it yet.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I'm assuming Frieza doesn't have an ace, given his utter (though well-hidden) fear of Jiren. Vegeta might, but as of right now, Toppo can manhandle anyone who's still in the ToP.

Damborgson
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Sorry I didn't catch this.

Basically, Toppo was suppressing himself against SSJB Goku, and still tanked his kamehameha with just a tear in his shirt. He then proceeds to power up immensely as Goku begins to power into Kaioken. At this point, it isn't really certain who's gonna win, as noted by Daishinkan, Toppo, Beerus, and even Goku himself. Not only that, but Belmod is apparently going to retire "any day now," and Toppo is next in line for that job.

Goku was more excited for Toppo than he was for Hit, and viewed Toppo as more of a rival, an equal. The idea that Toppo's absolute peak is "getting his butt kicked by SSJB" is a tad ridiculous. And by a tad, I mean extremely.

Toppo ~ SSJB KK Goku.

Those are some of the biggest assumptions I've ever seen.

Goku used Kaioken on Bergamo too, that doesn't mean that Bergamo was on his level. Toppo did indeed power up, but to assume that his power up is on the level of a ridiculously OP Kaio ken power up, is nonsense. What, because they both powered up and the crowd was surprised that means they're roughly equal? You do know what anime we're watching correct?

And I used that as my base because they both have comparable fights. At no point did I say that was his absolute peak. Trying to strawman is not dignified.

Also "any day now" for a creature like a god of destruction, could be the next 1000 years for all we know. That means absolutely nothing.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Those are some of the biggest assumptions I've ever seen.

Goku used Kaioken on Bergamo too, that doesn't mean that Bergamo was on his level. Toppo did indeed power up, but to assume that his power up is on the level of a ridiculously OP Kaio ken power up, is nonsense. What, because they both powered up and the crowd was surprised that means they're roughly equal? You do know what anime we're watching correct?

And I used that as my base because they both have comparable fights. At no point did I say that was his absolute peak. Trying to strawman is not dignified.

Also "any day now" for a creature like a god of destruction, could be the next 1000 years for all we know. That means absolutely nothing.

erm

There's a huge difference between Goku's use of KK against Bergamo (I.e. To literally become so much more powerful than Bergamo that he can't hope to absorb the energy,) and against Toppo (because Goku is being legitimately challenged and wants to power up along with his foe). Hell, Goku explicitly noted that Toppo is much more of a challenge than Bergamo was, and the narrator drives home that Goku beat Bergamo with utter ease. He was going SSJB KK for a different reason against Toppo than against Bergamo.

You also do realize that Daishinkan, Toppo, Beerus, and Goku were all unsure of who would win the fight, right? Despite the fact that Toppo had literally just "got his butt kicked" (lmao) by SSJB? Toppo was very clearly holding back immensely, and Goku and Toppo both see each other as rivals/equals.

Comparable Fights? One is where Frieza is absolutely going all out, the other is with Toppo holding back immensely.

There's a thing called holistic intent, and regardless of how you view the fight evidence (which to me clearly points to Toppo having held back immensely against SSJB, hence why Goku wanted Toppo to show his "real" power, implying Toppo wasn't fighting seriously before,) there's still an overwhelming number of statements implying that SSJB KK Goku and Toppo are rough equals. If you want, you can give the edge to Goku there...

but that won't be saving Frieza.

Damborgson
erm

There's a huge difference between Goku's use of KK against Bergamo (I.e. To literally become so much more powerful than Bergamo that he can't hope to absorb the energy,) and against Toppo (because Goku is being legitimately challenged and wants to power up along with his foe). Hell, Goku explicitly noted that Toppo is much more of a challenge than Bergamo was, and the narrator drives home that Goku beat Bergamo with utter ease. He was going SSJB KK for a different reason against Toppo than against Bergamo.

You also do realize that Daishinkan, Toppo, Beerus, and Goku were all unsure of who would win the fight, right? Despite the fact that Toppo had literally just "got his butt kicked" (lmao) by SSJB? Toppo was very clearly holding back immensely, and Goku and Toppo both see each other as rivals/equals.

Comparable Fights? One is where Frieza is absolutely going all out, the other is with Toppo holding back immensely.

There's a thing called holistic intent, and regardless of how you view the fight evidence (which to me clearly points to Toppo having held back immensely against SSJB, hence why Goku wanted Toppo to show his "real" power, implying Toppo wasn't fighting seriously before,) there's still an overwhelming number of statements implying that SSJB KK Goku and Toppo are rough equals. If you want, you can give the edge to Goku there...

but that won't be saving Frieza.

erm

Except you used Goku going kaio-ken as an indication that Toppo was on that level. With no more proof than Beerus' eyes popping out. That's why it's not that different. Was Toppo more of a challenge? Obviously, but he doesn't automatically become Kaioken Goku's equal more or less.

Goku expressing interest in that fight, and the added suspense from the important figures in the show don't add anything but speculation to pretty clear logic. You're telling me Toppo gets the pass on being able to match Goku's kaioken because why? He powered up and everyone thought it was getting interesting? (lmao)

And Lol, only you can watch Toppo get about a donzen unanswered blows on him and be like "that's not a butt kicking lol" regardless of whether he had more power in the tank or not.

I can sum that last paragraph up as "You might disagree, but you're wrong" in which case, back at you. You made an assumption on a flimsy basis, and now you're reeling. Do you realize the sheer level of variability that SSJB Goku has gotten in regards to his showings? The fact is, when Goku went SSJB, he beat the crap out of Toppo. Toppo might have more in the tank, but Goku's tank, just from showings, is much much deeper not to mention according to logic

He doesn't need to be saved, he'll win the fight. wink

NewGuy01
^Truth.

Toppo would stomp if he went on a hardcore diet for 4 months and became Golden Toppo, though.

Estacado
Toppo for now.

It would be cool to see Frieza kick his ass.

Inedian
He doesn't need to be saved, he'll win the fight. wink

thumb up

Dark-Kenshin
The only thing going for SSJB KK Goku = Toppo is Toppo's comment where he says that he doesn't know who would win if him and Goku fought. Toppo has not been established as conceited and appears to have enough credibility to make that kind of determination.

Even still, I'm 99.9% he will get beaten by someone not named Goku. The writers have a thought process that isn't along the lines of "Okay, Toppo, so no one besides Goku, Hit and Jiren is EVER allowed to beat him."

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
erm

Except you used Goku going kaio-ken as an indication that Toppo was on that level. With no more proof than Beerus' eyes popping out. That's why it's not that different. Was Toppo more of a challenge? Obviously, but he doesn't automatically become Kaioken Goku's equal more or less.

Alright, now let's look at the proof that I actually used:

1. Despite seeing a suppressed Toppo get beat down by SSJB, Daishinkan was uncertain of who was going to win the fight, despite Goku powering up even further into Kaioken. This implies Toppo was holding back immensely against SSJB.

2. Toppo, despite facing SSJB and having his butt handed to him, was unsure whether or not he'd be able to beat Goku in the tournament, despite seeing Goku power up even further into Kaioken. This implies Toppo was holding back immensely against SSJB.

3. Despite seeing Toppo get beaten down by SSJB, Beerus notes that Goku had a "close fight" with Toppo, despite Goku beginning to power up even further into Kaioken. This implies that Toppo was holding back immensely against SSJB.

4. Vermod, despite seeing SSJB Goku beat down Toppo, still has to ask Toppo whether or not he thinks be can take down Goku, despite Goku powering even further into Kaioken. This implies Toppo was holding back immensely against SSJB.

5. Goku, as he's powering up into Kaioken, asks Toppo to show him his "real" power. This implies that Toppo was holding back immensely against SSJB.

6. This is a new piece of evidence: It's heavily implied that Toppo is beyond Dyspo, who was beating around SSJG Goku and moving too fast for him to react, and even managed to dodge SSJB despite being caught off-guard. Also bodied Hit until Hit adapted to Dyspo's speed.

7. Another new piece of evidence: The narrator himself states that neither Toppo nor Goku "would give an inch in their match." This implies that they are/were equals.

The idea that not only all of these characters were wrong, but actually so wrong that Toppo's full power is completely beneath regular SSJB Goku, seems like an enormous leap in logic. I don't even need to prove that Toppo is on par with, say, SSJB KKx10 Goku, I just need to prove there's enough evidence that at least heavily suggests Toppo is beyond regular SSJB.

Goku expressing interest in that fight, and the added suspense from the important figures in the show don't add anything but speculation to pretty clear logic. You're telling me Toppo gets the pass on being able to match Goku's kaioken because why? He powered up and everyone thought it was getting interesting? (lmao)

Again, this begs the question: Why the hell would there be speculation if regular SSJB Goku is capable of defeating full-powered Toppo. Why would Daishinkan, Toppo, Beerus, Goku, and Vermod be uncertain of Goku's victory if regular SSJB Goku is > Toppo, much less the immensely powered up KKx10 (or even x20) version? The answer to me is pretty clear: Toppo was only starting to get serious when SSJB Goku ****ed up his outfit. This is supported by Toppo twice, Goku, Daishinkan, Beerus, and Vermod.

And Lol, only you can watch Toppo get about a donzen unanswered blows on him and be like "that's not a butt kicking lol" regardless of whether he had more power in the tank or not.

That's fair, but in your very first post in this thread, you state the following:

True Golden Frieza is equal to Goku Blue, Toppo got his butt kicked, Frieza wins.

This implies that Toppo getting his butt kicked is relevant regarding his inferiority to Frieza. It isn't.

I can sum that last paragraph up as "You might disagree, but you're wrong" in which case, back at you. You made an assumption on a flimsy basis, and now you're reeling. Do you realize the sheer level of variability that SSJB Goku has gotten in regards to his showings? The fact is, when Goku went SSJB, he beat the crap out of Toppo. Toppo might have more in the tank, but Goku's tank, just from showings, is much much deeper not to mention according to logic

Look, I consider you to be one of the sharper members around these parts, and I tend to agree with you on most things. But really? I'm reeling? 6 or 7 different pieces of evidence is a flimsy basis? And yes, even if you disagree on the events of the fight itself, there's at least 6 different statements that heavily imply Toppo is at least close to Goku. That wouldn't be the case if regular SSJB Goku was capable of housing him.

Sure, Goku has alot of variability, but you don't have 6 different statements saying "Krillin is on par with SSJB! Android 17 is on par with SSJB! Kale is far beyond SSJB!"

And, here's the thing: Even if Goku's tank is deeper, (i.e. if Goku's KK x10 and KKx20 are beyond Toppo's immense powerup), that doesn't matter in terms of Frieza. Because Frieza at best is on par with regular SSJB Goku.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I sense your presence, Damborgson. Continue the response. Conflict fuels me. smile

Dark-Kenshin
I sense your presence, Damborgson. Continue the response. Conflict fuels me. smile How about we just wait until Toppo fights? Your reasoning is sound, but this is the same show that had unfused Goku dealing damage to Merged Zamasu despite getting his ass handed (alongside Vegeta) to him by Black Goku one episode earlier. For the writers, Power levels have and do change on the drop of dime and something tells me that Goku is not the one who is gonna take down Toppo.

Damborgson
Alright, now let's look at the proof that I actually used:

1. Despite seeing a suppressed Toppo get beat down by SSJB, Daishinkan was uncertain of who was going to win the fight, despite Goku powering up even further into Kaioken. This implies Toppo was holding back immensely against SSJB.

2. Toppo, despite facing SSJB and having his butt handed to him, was unsure whether or not he'd be able to beat Goku in the tournament, despite seeing Goku power up even further into Kaioken. This implies Toppo was holding back immensely against SSJB.

3. Despite seeing Toppo get beaten down by SSJB, Beerus notes that Goku had a "close fight" with Toppo, despite Goku beginning to power up even further into Kaioken. This implies that Toppo was holding back immensely against SSJB.

4. Vermod, despite seeing SSJB Goku beat down Toppo, still has to ask Toppo whether or not he thinks be can take down Goku, despite Goku powering even further into Kaioken. This implies Toppo was holding back immensely against SSJB.

5. Goku, as he's powering up into Kaioken, asks Toppo to show him his "real" power. This implies that Toppo was holding back immensely against SSJB.

6. This is a new piece of evidence: It's heavily implied that Toppo is beyond Dyspo, who was beating around SSJG Goku and moving too fast for him to react, and even managed to dodge SSJB despite being caught off-guard. Also bodied Hit until Hit adapted to Dyspo's speed.

7. Another new piece of evidence: The narrator himself states that neither Toppo nor Goku "would give an inch in their match." This implies that they are/were equals.

The idea that not only all of these characters were wrong, but actually so wrong that Toppo's full power is completely beneath regular SSJB Goku, seems like an enormous leap in logic. I don't even need to prove that Toppo is on par with, say, SSJB KKx10 Goku, I just need to prove there's enough evidence that at least heavily suggests Toppo is beyond regular SSJB.

Again, this begs the question: Why the hell would there be speculation if regular SSJB Goku is capable of defeating full-powered Toppo. Why would Daishinkan, Toppo, Beerus, Goku, and Vermod be uncertain of Goku's victory if regular SSJB Goku is > Toppo, much less the immensely powered up KKx10 (or even x20) version? The answer to me is pretty clear: Toppo was only starting to get serious when SSJB Goku ****ed up his outfit. This is supported by Toppo twice, Goku, Daishinkan, Beerus, and Vermod.

That's fair, but in your very first post in this thread, you state the following:

This implies that Toppo getting his butt kicked is relevant regarding his inferiority to Frieza. It isn't.

Look, I consider you to be one of the sharper members around these parts, and I tend to agree with you on most things. But really? I'm reeling? 6 or 7 different pieces of evidence is a flimsy basis? And yes, even if you disagree on the events of the fight itself, there's at least 6 different statements that heavily imply Toppo is at least close to Goku. That wouldn't be the case if regular SSJB Goku was capable of housing him.

Sure, Goku has alot of variability, but you don't have 6 different statements saying "Krillin is on par with SSJB! Android 17 is on par with SSJB! Kale is far beyond SSJB!"

And, here's the thing: Even if Goku's tank is deeper, (i.e. if Goku's KK x10 and KKx20 are beyond Toppo's immense powerup), that doesn't matter in terms of Frieza. Because Frieza at best is on par with regular SSJB Goku.

1. Easily dismissed as plot. Toppo has no showings to even imply that he's on the level of being able to multiply his power by a factor of 10 to match Goku. Why on Earth would be he holding back immensely against a person who he despised? Even blamed for the whole situation (somewhat rightly so, but that's besides the point). Did he have another level he could kick it up to? Of course, as most characters do. But he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt to such an extent because Grand Priest, regardless of his status, showed interest in the fight.

2. How is that proof? Unless Goku immediately went to 100% pushing Kaioken x10, Toppo had no basis to even believe that. He was going to get his butt kicked.

3. Not necessarily. He had a close fight, because he was having a close fight. Until Goku put on the power, Toppo was beating the crap out of Goku. Almost tore off an arm, that's just as well a reason for why Beerus said that.

4. See, how does that imply ANYTHING? He's gathering his fighters feelings on a match, which he shouldn't need to do were he aware of their levels.

5. That implies he wasn't giving 100% as does every character in the history of dragon ball at the beginning of a fight. The extent to which that matters remains to be seen.

6. I don't understand the connection. Dyspo is fast, that's his schtick. He was so fast he made fast guys seem slow. Yet despite that, both Goku and Hit got the better of him. Goku, in a weaker form no less.

7. That implies they were having a competitive fight.

None of that necessarily heavily suggests anything of the sort, regardless of how many times you bold it. It could just as easily mean that Toppo was enough of a challenge that Goku felt he could experiment with higher power.

And that's not an argument that I ever made, strawmen should be beneath you. What I'm saying is that character statements while impressive and all, do not make up for the large gap of power you are trying to push onto Toppo to match Kaioken Goku. Even one Kaioken doubles Goku's power, how does the crew being like "dang I wonder who's gonna win", mean he gets the benefit of the doubt in such absurd levels of power?

And you know what, if they have to ask, they don't know the fighters that well either. It doesn't mean "oh well since they're questioning it, it must mean they're equals" and you're talking about leaps in logic lol. To reach a conclusion along those lines you'd at the least need someone of reputable characters saying something akin to "their strength is equal, even considering both are holding back" Similar to what Frieza said when he violated holding back Goku with 50% of his power.

They didn't need statements, they had showings, which overrule statements no matter how illustrious they might be. Martian Manhunter is not as strong as Superman no matter how sure of it he is. And who knows MMH better than himself?

And yes, I do with you as well thumb up But our disagreement seems to be stemming from two major points:

1. You said that me saying Frieza beats Toppo because he did better against SSJB Goku is not indicative of how a fight between the two would go.

And I understand your point and admit that that alone is not enough to prove that Frieza beats him, but Frieza has other ways to end the match. He's a ruthless and sadistic animal with a finger gun capable of poking holes in similarly powered opponents.

2. I do not agree that just because the show in its typical manner expresses the shocked reactions of the ringside fighters, that that means that Toppo can be considered as powerful as you consider him. He was indeed restraining some of his power, but how much do you honestly think he restrained against someone he despises? And wanted to beat down decisively? Not as much as you'd like to be so.

Does Toppo beat Frieza? I don't think he does. Could be he beat Frieza? Sure. Just not more than vice versa based on what I've seen of him.

Damborgson
I sense your presence, Damborgson. Continue the response. Conflict fuels me. smile

laughing out loud

Done! Just taking a little break from studying.

NewGuy01
Latest chapter just dropped. Lord Toppo crushes this deviant with the power of justice.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
What did Toppo do? I'll respond today, but it's pretty damn clear Toppo is Goku level.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Manga Toppo wrecked Goku. Jesus Christ.

Again, this is what I mean. Toppo isn't below regular SSJB Goku. He hasn't shown close to his true power yet.

Inedian
Mastered SSB Goku manga < SSBKK Goku anime

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Even if I were to believe that, SSB KK Goku >> Frieza.

Inedian
Even if I were to believe that, SSB KK Goku >> Frieza.

There is not doubt SSB KK Goku is above Frieza.

Frieza vs. Toppo should happen in anime... it would be a furious fight. Pride vs. real evil.

NewGuy01
Manga Toppo wrecked Goku. Jesus Christ.

Again, this is what I mean. Toppo isn't below regular SSJB Goku. He hasn't shown close to his true power yet.

Well, Goku definitely wasn't at his best there, but I agree that Toppo's looking way better in the manga, between his strength and the existence of his mouth. Hopefully the rest of the Pride Troopers are actually cool this time around too. thumb up

carver9
Does anyone have the scans of this fight?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-QYlQ0e91npk/WefB046w2aI/AAAAAAAAJeY/KMHXOBUwyGkuEwrYFh40PbJFeXaGyLJ7QCK8BGAs/s512/418889947270079298%253Faccount_id%253D2

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-CimVRIxphRE/WefB5CGT4cI/AAAAAAAAJes/EkGD4hoVcnsTKAFo3i9Z-OXfvP7r2y7dwCK8BGAs/s512/797095451888808511%253Faccount_id%253D2

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ZMK_BLeSiWc/WefB-kgBNNI/AAAAAAAAJe8/j4FDg18cyAkDBA4L9vFMxief4OWXbSrrQCK8BGAs/s512/3138285991071249011%253Faccount_id%253D2

I can't find the rest of the scans, but basically Goku goes into base form and is like, "fugg you're a beast," where Toppo proceeds to tell him there's someone even stronger than him (Jiren) in U11.

carver9
Was he Blue in that scene. Also, off topic... I can tell you got those clips from a cell phone. A Samsung cell phone. Probably the Samsung Galaxy S8 smile.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Those were from a kmc friend's phone via google hangouts. You can't catch me. smile

And yeah, it was Mastered Super Saiyan Blue.

carver9
Then Toppo stomps this with ease.

vansonbee
Those were from a kmc friend's phone via google hangouts. You can't catch me. smile

And yeah, it was Mastered Super Saiyan Blue. Are you sure it was mastered form? I still see those blue aura around Goku arms. I thought mastered form will have no aura.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-CimVRIxphRE/WefB5CGT4cI/AAAAAAAAJes/EkGD4hoVcnsTKAFo3i9Z-OXfvP7r2y7dwCK8BGAs/s512/797095451888808511%253Faccount_id%253D2

NewGuy01
That's one of Goku's abilities in mastered SSB, releasing all of his contained energy from his fist for an ultimate attack.

vansonbee
I haven't seen the latest manga chapter, but it looks like Toppo hurt a mastered ssb Goku. Toppo looks superior to merge Zamasu here. I actually do think the anime Toppo might be stronger than the anime merge Zamasu version as well.

Damborgson
Manga Toppo is a monster.

Ursumeles
Those were from a kmc friend's phone via google hangouts. You have friends? smile

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Ursumeles
You have friends? smile

http://38.media.tumblr.com/aadeec5f516651868700666ac6749c65/tumblr_nfa3r4NL201tq4of6o1_500.gif

biscuits

TheBadguy
Anime toppo said kaio ken goku MIGHT win so he's obviously a beast
But freeza is going to eliminate him bet on it

I expect freeza to observe UI goku one more time then learn a version of it himself soon enough..he is the only one besides goku to fully tank a spirit bomb

carver9
In the Anime, it said Jiren tanked the explosion from the bomb as well. It was said during the time Whis was explaining what was going on with Goku new transformation.

TheBadguy
He was behind his shield tho right I haven't watched it again so I could be wrong

Inedian
It was pretty much said that spirit bomb wasn't on the level of Jiren.

NewGuy01
So upon reading the translated chapter, it seems like Goku lost because he let his guard down (as usual), not necessarily because Toppo is stronger than MSSB. He even admitted that he wasn't sure he could win against it when he saw it.

So this fight is still up in the air, since we don't know what level Frieza is at in the manga yet, but I suspect Toppo is somewhat stronger.

carver9
Originally posted by TheBadguy
He was behind his shield tho right I haven't watched it again so I could be wrong

Naah, he didn't have a shield up from what I seen. He just tanked it.

cdtm
Originally posted by NewGuy01
So upon reading the translated chapter, it seems like Goku lost because he let his guard down (as usual), not necessarily because Toppo is stronger than MSSB. He even admitted that he wasn't sure he could win against it when he saw it.

So this fight is still up in the air, since we don't know what level Frieza is at in the manga yet, but I suspect Toppo is somewhat stronger.

Time to forget about Goku vs Superman. Try someone who's won a match in the last twenty years.

Like Krillin.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

I think that MSSB Goku let his guard down in that he underestimated Toppo's strength. He thought he'd end the fight with just that punch. So I'd say Toppo is probably about on par with MSSB Goku, if not slightly above due to not letting his guard down.

carver9
I understand letting your guard down ends with you getting tagged but Toppo out right one hit him. That's speaks volumes. If you're on par with a character, you shouldn't be able to take him out in a single hit, no matter if your guard was let down or not. Toppo one hit him.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by carver9
If you're on par with a character, you shouldn't be able to take him out in a single hit, no matter if your guard was let down or not. Toppo one hit him.

Sorbet > Goku confirmed

carver9
Sorbet > Goku confirmed

That was a sneak attack and the scene was different. Sorbet and Goku wasn't fighting face to face, he shot Goku while Goku wasn't even paying him any attention. Goku was looking right at Toppo, attacking him and Toppo dodged said attack and one kicked him. The scenes are COMPLETY different.

cdtm
"If you're on par, you shouldn't take them out NO MATTER WHAT."

"Sorbet."

"That's different."

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

carver9
Originally posted by cdtm
"If you're on par, you shouldn't take them out NO MATTER WHAT."

"Sorbet."

"That's different."

Exactly. You helped my case. Toppo took Goku out. Thanks for the help.

Sorbet snuck attack a Goku who powered down. Difference.

TheBadguy
Did toppo really kick goku in the balls?

NewGuy01
He kicked him in the gut, but the perspective made it look like he got nailed between his legs.

StiltmanFTW
Happens to the poor guy a lot...

http://31.media.tumblr.com/a86d1286296133652e57a4c815642f05/tumblr_n3bxl6SVAe1r72ht7o1_500.gif

Good. He should really stop making babies, he doesn't care about them afterwards anyway.

RealityWarper
Oooouuutch

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Aaaaand there we have Toppo going toe to toe with SSJB Vegeta. smile

carver9
Aaaaand there we have Toppo going toe to toe with SSJB Vegeta. smile

Yep, I came to this site tonight to mention that. Wonder how this is going to go.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
In Toppo's favor, I hope.

Justice...TORNADO

Kento
Vegeta has his sights set on Jiren...So of course he's going to lose to Toppo and be the next one to get knocked out on U7 side.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Not sure Toriyama would want to shaft Vegeta quite that brutally.

Then again, it's an honor to even stand in the presence of the great Lord Toppo. smile

Dark-Kenshin

Then again, it's an honor to even stand in the presence of the great Lord Toppo. smile U7 has too many fighters left, so either Toppo cleans up shop for a while or Jiren takes out everybody but Goku himself.

Kento

Then again, it's an honor to even stand in the presence of the great Lord Toppo. smile confused Have you ever watched DB? Vegeta is always shafted.

Hello Giant Monkey Gohan, Freeza, Zarbon, 18, Cell, Buu... XD

Damborgson

Then again, it's an honor to even stand in the presence of the great Lord Toppo. smile

You never replied sad

Inedian
Now that we have translation of manga, now even in manga Toppo says in-between the lines that Goku might be more powerful than Toppo (lost because of letting guard down), implying that Goku actually might be more powerful than himself.

carver9
I think Toppo getting defeating by someone is going to wake Jiren. Dypso is just there.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Inedian
Now that we have translation of manga, now even in manga Toppo says in-between the lines that Goku might be more powerful than Toppo (lost because of letting guard down), implying that Goku actually might be more powerful than himself.

Yeah, we touched on that earlier in the thread.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
It'll be interesting to see if they actually make Frieza on par with Mastered SSJB Goku, tho.

NewGuy01
It'll be interesting in general, because we never saw how strong Golden Frieza was in the manga to begin with.

Dark-Kenshin
And just as I anticipated, Vegeta is giving Toppo a hard time, so all that talk about only KK Goku being a match flies right out of the window. Power levels do not matter. What matters is each and every character's cool factor. And Toppo simply isn't as cool as SSB Vegeta (as of now anyway).

cdtm
Toppo might be holding back.

Vegeta almost definitely is.

Dark-Kenshin
Toppo might be holding back.

Vegeta almost definitely is. Nobody wants to see Vegeta getting slapped around by a big dumb mustache man who is also one of Goku's leftovers, so the odds favor Vegeta.

RangerDX
https://i.imgur.com/Dfrf16K.gif

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/OrangeClearcutAsianporcupine-size_restricted.gif

Bentley
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
Nobody wants to see Vegeta getting slapped around by a big dumb mustache man who is also one of Goku's leftovers, so the odds favor Vegeta.

I want to see Vegeta pwned by Toppo. He should prove to be definitively and totally outclassed by Goku forever in every story ark.

Estacado
Originally posted by RangerDX
https://i.imgur.com/Dfrf16K.gif

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/OrangeClearcutAsianporcupine-size_restricted.gif

__t8WrkxhvM

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Toppo oneshots, yeah.

Galan007
I lol'd when Golden Freeza tried to one-hand Toppo's "Hakai" attack... It was basically a replay of when he tried to one-hand Goku's Genki Dama on Namek.

F*cker never learns.

SSJGGogeta
Hey, you can't say he didn't do pretty damn good though. He might've ended up exactly like he did on Namek(same eye closed and everything), but he tanked a Hakai from a powerful GoD and still wanted to fight.

cdtm
I say Freeza wins.

Easily.

Inedian
I say Freeza wins.

Easily.

thumb up

If Toppo doesn't tap into hakai energies, Frieza destroys him easily.

Ridley_Prime
Still feel kinda cheated out of the buildup for Frieza. I mean, wasn't expecting him to change much as a character, but all that time he was saving and conserving energy (even holding out on Gohan with the laser cage like one could argue) just feels for naught now after what happened in ep 125...

Galan007
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Hey, you can't say he didn't do pretty damn good though. He might've ended up exactly like he did on Namek(same eye closed and everything), but he tanked a Hakai from a powerful GoD and still wanted to fight. He certainly didn't "tank" the Hakai, but Freeza still has the best raw durability in the franchise... Surviving the Hakai just helps solidify that. thumb up

Inedian
Originally posted by Galan007
Surviving the Hakai just helps solidify that. thumb up

Nope... because Toppo didn't want to kill Frieza with Hakai. Toppo was just surpised Frieza came back, he thought he gave him Hakai that will make Frieza stay uncousciousness.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Still feel kinda cheated out of the buildup for Frieza. I mean, wasn't expecting him to change much as a character, but all that time he was saving and conserving energy (even holding out on Gohan with the laser cage like one could argue) just feels for naught now after what happened in ep 125...

Well he thought he was better than everyone, but when push came to shove that was quick to turn around in the previous eps.

Galan007
Nope... because Toppo didn't want to kill Frieza with Hakai. Toppo was just surpised Frieza came back, he thought he gave him Hakai that will make Frieza stay uncousciousness. ...So like I said, that scene is a huge testament to Freeza's durability. Toppo intended the Hakai to incapacitate Freeza for the remainder of the ToP. It didn't.

Inedian
...So like I said, that scene is a huge testament to Freeza's durability. Toppo intended the Hakai to incapacitate Freeza for the remainder of the ToP. It didn't.

Nah... he was knocked out against SSB Goku in episode 95. Nothing special about that Hakai.

Galan007
Nah... he was knocked out against SSB Goku in episode 95. Nothing special about that Hakai. It was a double-KO -- Freeza KO'd Goku; Goku KO'd Freeza... Regardless, being KO'd by an all-out punch from FPSSB Goku certainly doesn't diminish the fact that Freeza has the best raw durability in the series.

*I'm talking pound-for-pound, of course. Obviously more powerful characters are going to have better durability, because in DBZ/DBS, power and durability go hand-in-hand.

Nothing special about the Hakai, eh? Lol, now I know you're just trolling. thumb up

NewGuy01
More specifically, Frieza doesn't have the best durability in the series--but he can take more punishment than anyone else in the series. Except, well, immortals. And Buu. Actually, on second thought, he's not that impressive, is he? smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
And Hit is?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
It was a double-KO -- Freeza KO'd Goku; Goku KO'd Freeza... Regardless, being KO'd by an all-out punch from FPSSB Goku certainly doesn't diminish the fact that Freeza has the best raw durability in the series.

*I'm talking pound-for-pound, of course. Obviously more powerful characters are going to have better durability, because in DBZ/DBS, power and durability go hand-in-hand.

Nothing special about the Hakai, eh? Lol, now I know you're just trolling. thumb up

thumb up

NewGuy01
And Hit is?

He at least has haxxx.

Damborgson
Hit was neutered by the tournament rules. Couldn't have him eliminiating half the universes on his own I guess.

SSJGGogeta
He certainly didn't "tank" the Hakai, but Freeza still has the best raw durability in the franchise... Surviving the Hakai just helps solidify that. thumb up

Awe yeah, for sure. I meant survive, more than tank anyways, haha.

I totally agree though. Pound for pound, Frieza has far and away the best durability of biological beings in the series.

Inedian
It was a double-KO -- Freeza KO'd Goku; Goku KO'd Freeza... Regardless, being KO'd by an all-out punch from FPSSB Goku certainly doesn't diminish the fact that Freeza has the best raw durability in tge seties.

I know it was a double KO, and it does diminish the fact, because it confirms that Goku and Frieza durability was on par (Whis also conirmed it that they were equal).

Nah, his durability is not the best. There is also Buu.

SSJGGogeta
I know it was a double KO, and it does diminish the fact, because it confirms that Goku and Frieza durability was on par (Whis also conirmed it that they were equal).

Nah, his durability is not the best. There is also Buu.

Uh, that doesn't change the fact that Frieza has the best pound for pound durability of the series. He was beaten up by SSJ Goku, cut in half, blasted into the ground by SSJ Goku with a blast that Goku thought killed him, and then stranded on Namek while it exploded on top of him, and left in outer space for an undefined period of time before being rescued.

Name one character that could survive all of that, while weakened, and without having regeneration.

Btw, regeneration =/= durability. Durability refers to how much you can take without being affected/injured. Buu has low durability, and can be injured by even spears and shit. It just so happens that he can regenerate from anything short of destruction of his very matter itself, or purification. If he couldn't regenerate, he'd be dead from half the shit Frieza has taken. As far as we know, the same goes for Cell too, though it's possible that he could take as much as Frieza, simply because he was made from Frieza's cells.

Inedian
Uh, that doesn't change the fact that Frieza has the best pound for pound durability of the series. He was beaten up by SSJ Goku, cut in half, blasted into the ground by SSJ Goku with a blast that Goku thought killed him, and then stranded on Namek while it exploded on top of him, and left in outer space for an undefined period of time before being rescued.

Name one character that could survive all of that, while weakened, and without having regeneration.

Btw, regeneration =/= durability. Durability refers to how much you can take without being affected/injured. Buu has low durability, and can be injured by even spears and shit. It just so happens that he can regenerate from anything short of destruction of his very matter itself, or purification. If he couldn't regenerate, he'd be dead from half the shit Frieza has taken. As far as we know, the same goes for Cell too, though it's possible that he could take as much as Frieza, simply because he was made from Frieza's cells.

Cell and Buu > Frieza

SSJGGogeta
Cell and Buu > Frieza

dontgetit

No shit, Sherlock.

If powers were equalized, Frieza would be more durable though. Buu and Cell could survive more, via regeneration, but they'd get torn apart by things Frieza would tank.

Also, we're talking DBS here. Stop bringing up Cell, or Buu. Buu can't survive a hakai, Golden Frieza can.

Inedian

dontgetit

No shit, Sherlock.

If powers were equalized, Frieza would be more durable though. Buu and Cell could survive more, via regeneration, but they'd get torn apart by things Frieza would tank.

Also, we're talking DBS here. Stop bringing up Cell, or Buu. Buu can't survive a hakai, Golden Frieza can.

Base Goku survived Hakai. Goku durability > Frieza.

Ridley_Prime

carver9
But he survived it though and did it for a prolong amount of time.

Ridley_Prime

bbrem123
Goku and Vegeta have made massive gains since the start of the ToP. Frieza not so much.

I don't think it is lowballing just that he is not in the same league anymore.

Ridley_Prime

Galan007
^ thumb up

Freeza's power has grown immensely since RoF -- and when you think about *how* his power grew, it's even more staggering. Back in RoF, it was everything Freeza could do to contend with a *n00b* SSB Goku, before he eventually fizzled-out thanks to the shit stamina of his Golden form back then.

Fast-forward to just before the ToP, however, and Golden Freeza was every bit the equal of a SSB Goku who has: a.) *fully perfected* the SSB transformation, b.) has underwent at least THREE days/years in the RoSaT, and c.) has gained multiple zenkais thanks the the numerous fights he has been involved in since RoF.

...Yet Freeza's power skyrocketed that much just by THINKING about fighting whilst he was trapped in hell, ffs. The dude is a prodigy like no other... Not even debatable.

*As for Freeza's physical durability: it IS the best in the series, pound-for-pound. Regeneration/healing-factors are obviously not indicative of raw physical durability... Boo's body, for example, is not as durable as Freeza's... This isn't a difficult concept to grasp.

Inedian

Estacado
Well...Frieza was vaporized by Ssjb Goku's kamehameha tho...shifty

Pretty much the only character who got killed by it in Super.. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.