Enchantress vs Spiral

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

basilisk
Amora faces off against one of her most dangerous opponents yet - Spiral.

No prep.
1) No BFR
2) BFR allowed

leonidas
not sure if bfr would matter here as both can and have traveled between worlds. spiral can penetrate time though, so maybe she could send amora some place shouldn't couldn't return from.

anyway, i love spiral. she has feats to suggest she could hang with amora for a while, but i think amora is simply better with magic. tp wouldn't be an issue for either, and for some reason i don't see spiral falling prey to any love spells--her psyche is too...unpredictable for it to work imo. so it would come down to simple casting powers and i think amora is just on a slightly higher level overall. not sure if spiral could be transmuted or not tbh. i think spiral might be able to win some here, (power negation is a b!tch to counter) but overall i'd take amora for a majority i think. be a fun battle to watch though.

basilisk
Bump - any other opinions? Thought this one might be a more natural matchup than against Juggernaut.

zopzop
This could go either way. Both of them can overcome a BFR, both of them are resistant to mental assault, they both have superhuman stats, and both of them are spellcasters.

The few things I can think of in Spiral's favor : she's a skilled fighter with swords, she has INSANE durability, and the ace up her sleeve ability (that's she's used MULTIPLE times on panel) : power cancellation.

I like Spiral, so I'm going with her.

leonidas
durability is actually her problem tbf. she is generally speaking, still human or just above and her durability is where it shows up most often. she's been ko'd easily by longshot a couple times in straight h2h and been taken down, unfortunately, by any number of...less than impressive attacks. she has some showings of durability (the havok showing is by FAR the most dramatic and impressive showing she has), but that could very easily be proven to be a distant outlier. by and large her durability kinda sucks. sad

zopzop
Originally posted by leonidas
she has some showings of durability (the havok showing is by FAR the most dramatic and impressive showing she has), but that could very easily be proven to be a distant outlier. by and large her durability kinda sucks. sad
Nope. Here she is getting wrecked but surviving an attack by The Adversary (a being powerful enough to trap Roma and hold her helpless) :
https://s26.postimg.org/r83kzr78l/image.jpg
She has other showings with respectable durability. That's one of the things I remembered most about her.

leonidas
well, not sure i'd consider her 'surviving' a basically unknown level of attack as anything to really put in her respect thread, and i could show you a large group of showings much LESS impressive, like times where she is taken out by a simple MA throw, by having a very small wall crumbled on her, getting taken down by shatterstar or longshot, or even random henchmen, but.... far be it from me to argue against spiral. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.