Luke Cage vs. MCU gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
Fights are pure hand to hand. Unless otherwise specified, fighters are without weapons or gear and are fighting in street clothes. Luke Cage gets completely healed after every match. Fight is in an abandoned parking lot. How far does he go?

1. Punisher
2. Black Widow
3. The Patriot (Agents of SHIELD) - fully juiced up
4. Crossbones - is in full armor and has piston hands but is not allowed knives (though it probably won't do him any good anyway)
5. Spiderman (Tom Holland) - no costume, no web shooters, not allowed to use climbing abilities, fighting in street clothes
6. Bucky - not in Winter Soldier assassin mentality
7. Captain America
8. Ironman - Civil War armor. No weapons, no thrusters/flight. No AI to assist in fight analysis.
9. Loki - no illusions or other powers.
10. Ronan
11. Thor
12. Hulk

Sable
Stops hard Spiderman, he might not even land a hit on him.

carthage
Patriot was tanking blows from Ghost Rider

Cage can't hurt him

FrothByte
Originally posted by carthage
Patriot was tanking blows from Ghost Rider

Cage can't hurt him

I originally thought that, but after rewatching their fight it seems the Patriot was close to getting KO'd after eating a bunch of hits from GR.

tkitna
Yeah, might not make it past Patriot. Its all down hill from there.

carthage
Originally posted by FrothByte
I originally thought that, but after rewatching their fight it seems the Patriot was close to getting KO'd after eating a bunch of hits from GR.

Not seeing how hes tanking blows that break out of a shield containtment unit that not even Lash was able to get out of and was capable of holding Loki.

GR is ridiculously strong.

Silent Master
Originally posted by carthage
Not seeing how hes tanking blows that break out of a shield containtment unit that not even Lash was able to get out of and was capable of holding Loki.

GR is ridiculously strong.

When did Loki show up in AOS?

carthage
I meant the containment unit he was in Avengers, iirc

Silent Master
I don't recall anyone other than Thor breaking out before the one from the Avengers was destroyed.

FrothByte
The thing about Patriot is that although he's very strong, he has very low fighting skill. Also not sure how his durability stacks up to Cage's.

TheVaultDweller
The thing about Patriot is that although he's very strong, he has very low fighting skill. Also not sure how his durability stacks up to Cage's.

In terms of fighting skill, I'd edge it to Luke. Strength is probably pretty close, based on both stopping large, speeding trucks. Durability I would give to Cage. He simply has far more, better feats at this point and it was somewhat implied during the one assassination attempt on Mace's life that a single Judas bullet would have been enough to kill him. Overall, I would give Luke the win here.

Now Framework Mace is a different story. He was actually a full-blown Inhuman in the Framework, and showed both greater strength and fighting skill than his regular counterpart.

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
In terms of fighting skill, I'd edge it to Luke. Strength is probably pretty close, based on both stopping large, speeding trucks. Durability I would give to Cage. He simply has far more, better feats at this point and it was somewhat implied during the one assassination attempt on Mace's life that a single Judas bullet would have been enough to kill him. Overall, I would give Luke the win here.

Now Framework Mace is a different story. He was actually a full-blown Inhuman in the Framework, and showed both greater strength and fighting skill than his regular counterpart.

So how far do you think Cage can go?

TheVaultDweller
So how far do you think Cage can go?

Well, I have expressed before that I think he could potentially get wins against both Cap and Bucky in H2H, and I still think he can. Defenders showed that while he is not as skilled as elite martial artists, he can still manage to get his hands on them, especially when they try grappling/infighting. And he took some brutal hits without being KO'd (at least where there was no plot drug involved). I think he could give Tony a decent fight as well, considering you have limited IM to strictly H2H and no AI assistance. Problem is Spiderman. At this point, his high ends and low ends are so far apart, it's hard to judge how he will fair. But, if nothing else, Peter is extremely durable, and I doubt Cage could put him down for the count, solo, without using some kind of environmental factor, like Cap did.

So, I would say he stops at Spiderman, because I don't think he'd be able to land enough hits to KO him.

And he would lose hard to the last 4. It's a pretty big jump between weaponless CA:CW Iron Man and Loki. Loki would destroy CA:CW Iron Man in H2H IMO.

TheLordofMurder
Stops at Spidey...

Supermutant
The order should be Bucky, Cap, then Spiderman. Cage stops at Cap, very tough battle tough.

ShadowFyre
Lol @ 9 and up. Stops at spiderman

FrothByte
Just want to remind people that Holland Spiderman never really fought a superhuman opponent in pure h2h before. He's always had the assistance of his web and jumping around, sticking to stuff. Here, he's out of costume, no web shooters, and not allowed to climb up anything (though nothing is stopping him from jumping all over the place).

And in the past, even with all the advantages he had, he still struggled with superhuman opponents. Remember that Cage is bullet proof and durable enough to tank a speeding SUV.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.