Secret of Mana Remake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Secret of Mana is getting a remake in 2018, the release date will be February 18th, 2018.

It will be in full 3D, as opposed to the original graphics.

kKHjcnOGPhs

Kazenji
The voice acting could be better, But apart from that it looks okay.

ares834
Looks like shit. I'm all for a remake, but actually put effort into it and make the game look better than it did nearly 25 years ago...

Kazenji
To be fair it also looks like alot of the other Square's mobile phone ports too.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by ares834
Looks like shit. I'm all for a remake, but actually put effort into it and make the game look better than it did nearly 25 years ago... Secret of Mana was fantastic, so they aren't gonna top it.

Surtur
I wish they had kept it 2d, it would have been nice.

Adam Grimes
That voice acting was cringy as shit lmao

Kazenji
I've read that it'll have the original Japanese voice actin for it too.

Jmanghan
So I just got an email saying that its available?

Maybe they meant available for pre-order... Idk.

BackFire
No, it's out. Came out earlier this week.

Kazenji
Been reading its a garbage remake from some of the reviews.

Impediment

Jmanghan
Originally posted by ares834
Looks like shit. I'm all for a remake, but actually put effort into it and make the game look better than it did nearly 25 years ago... Wasn't that version completely in 2D? I assumed this was the first ever 3D version of SoM..

Jmanghan
So, now that it's been out for like... 2, going on 3 years, thoughts?

cdtm
Really common, unfortunately. Everything from classic Final Fantasies to Chrono Trigger has been worse than the originals.

This wouldn't happen if the devs knew what they were doing. But I don't think they do.. I think they're simply the cheapest available labor a company can buy, skills be damned.

I mean, kid fan groups do better work than this. One group made a 3d Chrono Trigger remake that looked a million times better than this 3d Secret of Mana (Of course is was killed).

Jmanghan
Originally posted by cdtm
Really common, unfortunately. Everything from classic Final Fantasies to Chrono Trigger has been worse than the originals.

This wouldn't happen if the devs knew what they were doing. But I don't think they do.. I think they're simply the cheapest available labor a company can buy, skills be damned.

I mean, kid fan groups do better work than this. One group made a 3d Chrono Trigger remake that looked a million times better than this 3d Secret of Mana (Of course is was killed). Every version of FF1 has been better then the original.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.