Anakin & Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Reborn Krayt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ThirdReich
Anakin and Obi-Wan as of ROTS
Force
Sabers
All-Out

ChocolateMuesli
Anakin solos, but Obi-Wan dies.

ThirdReich
Originally posted by ChocolateMuesli
Reasons.

Azronger
Team

Emperordmb
Krayt. Obi-Wan isn't relevant evidently.

ThirdReich
Originally posted by Azronger
Team
Originally posted by ThirdReich
Reasons.

thesithmaster
The team. Though Krayt winning some rounds is definitely a possibility.

Emperordmb
I mean, are we taking Anakin and Obi-Wan as some unstoppable duo, or a duo in which Obi-Wan's presence is completely irrelevant when taking on one opponent?

The lore suggests they're an unstoppable duo. The ROTS fight suggests that either the opponent is weak enough for Anakin to solo and thus Obi-Wan isn't needed, or the opponent is strong enough to dismiss Kenobi with the Force again making his contribution have no impact on the outcome of the fight. Dooku happened to fit in both of those categories.

I mean I hate to lowball everyone's favorite dream team, and believe me I have no love of Krayt, but if the ROTS 2v1 is to be taken as a serious representation of this duo, then Obi-Wan's presence is worthless and I don't see Anakin soloing Krayt.

Azronger
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I mean, are we taking Anakin and Obi-Wan as some unstoppable duo, or a duo in which Obi-Wan's presence is completely irrelevant when taking on one opponent?

The lore suggests they're an unstoppable duo. The ROTS fight suggests that either the opponent is weak enough for Anakin to solo and thus Obi-Wan isn't needed, or the opponent is strong enough to dismiss Kenobi with the Force again making his contribution have no impact on the outcome of the fight. Dooku happened to fit in both of those categories.

I mean I hate to lowball everyone's favorite dream team, and believe me I have no love of Krayt, but if the ROTS 2v1 is to be taken as a serious representation of this duo, then Obi-Wan's presence is worthless and I don't see Anakin soloing Krayt.

How low do you have Anakin lol

DarthAnt66

MythLord

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Emperordmb

I mean your assumption there is that anyone whose Dooku's superior in the Force would TK Obi-Wan just the same.

Dooku also handled Kenobi via physical attacks in S6. Same trio fighting.

I'm putting it down to Dooku just knowing how best to handle Kenobi. As I honestly don't see a big power gap between Obi-Wan and Dooku. Dooku's better sure, but not to the extent where Kenobi's presence should be insignificant.

ChocolateMuesli
Originally posted by Darth Thor
As I honestly don't see a big power gap between Obi-Wan and Dooku.
Given that Kenobi has clearly failed to be anything more than a slight nuisance to Dooku, that would be wrong.

Dooku's better sure, but not to the extent where Kenobi's presence should be insignificant.
Based on?

ThirdReich
I mean your assumption there is that anyone whose Dooku's superior in the Force would TK Obi-Wan just the same.
Yep... even people below Dooku in the force like Maul can shitstomp Kenobi with the force

UCanShootMyNova
Krayt.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Azronger
How low do you have Anakin lol

About as low as me. smile

Darth Thor
Given that Kenobi has clearly failed to be anything more than a slight nuisance to Dooku, that would be wrong.

Based on?

Based on their performances against others. Anakin and Savage mainly

ChocolateMuesli
Based on their performances against others. Anakin and Savage mainly
Anakin was not at his best when Kenobi won, so that one's out. What are you referring to by mentioning Savage, tho?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by ThirdReich
Yep... even people below Dooku in the force like Maul can shitstomp Kenobi with the force

If that was true Maul would have a better win record against Kenobi.

Darth Thor
Anakin was not at his best when Kenobi won, so that one's out. What are you referring to by mentioning Savage, tho?

It's not just completely out. Dooku struggled against Anakin throughout the clone wars. I doubt Mustafar Anakin was below say S4 Anakin. Especially when we have the official website confirming his powers grew as he embraced the dark side. Plus his skill level would have been the same as well.

He also physically handled Anakin in S4 as Rako Hardeen.

Kenobi shit stomping Savage while fighting off Maul. Compare that to Savage flooring Dooku while tackling him with Ventress.

Darth Thor
^ Plus just being a match for Maul. How much below Dooku could he be. Doubt many people see Maul getting easily manhadled by Dooku.

thesithmaster
It's not just completely out. Dooku struggled against Anakin throughout the clone wars. I doubt Mustafar Anakin was below say S4 Anakin. Especially when we have the official website confirming his powers grew as he embraced the dark side. Plus his skill level would have been the same as well.

He also physically handled Anakin in S4 as Rako Hardeen.

Kenobi shit stomping Savage while fighting off Maul. Compare that to Savage flooring Dooku while tackling him with Ventress.

What is this? Savage wasn't anywhere close to shitstomped, and Kenobi was amped as the pitiful Kenobi wankers have failed to debunk.

Rockydonovang
Krayt' dark transfer can sneak him a win bs a superior combatant in a 1 v 1, Kenobi should sway it.

@emperordmb, you're simplifying things tbh. Dooku was able to take out Kenobi because he managed to separate the duo via use of the battle droids. After they stopped feinting him, Dooku realized almost immediately he was utterly screwed vs the two of them and hence relied on external aid to turn the 2 v 1 into a 1 v 1. No droids, and I doubt Dooku gets the oppurtunity to take Kenobi out with the force. Not because he isn't powerful enough, but because he isn't taking Kenobi out like that as Anakin is fcking up with his offense.

When we see the in depth description of the relevant part, All dooku could do was take Kenobi out for a few seconds before he resumed. They're potrayed to work perfectly in sync with Dooku basically never getting any space whatsoever.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by thesithmaster
What is this? Savage wasn't anywhere close to shitstomped, and Kenobi was amped as the pitiful Kenobi wankers have failed to debunk.

Savage wasn't shitstomped? He got his leg broken snapped and his arm chopped off while Kenobi was fighting off Maul. Kenobi was literally kicking his shit in the whole fight.

Sure it was a peak performance for Kenobi in an environment that aided him. But then Maul (Kenobi's peer) also Uber stomped Opress in the same episode. So I really don't see a focused Focused (and ready and going all out) Kenobi vs Opress going any other way.

thesithmaster
Savage wasn't shitstomped? He got his leg broken snapped and his arm chopped off while Kenobi was fighting off Maul. Kenobi was literally kicking his shit in the whole fight.

Sure it was a peak performance for Kenobi in an environment that aided him. But then Maul (Kenobi's peer) also Uber stomped Opress in the same episode. So I really don't see a focused Focused (and ready and going all out) Kenobi vs Opress going any other way.

He got his leg broken after it had been kicked multiple times, by Kenobi and Gallia. Breaking a leg isn't stomping. Caedus popped Luke's knee yet got his ass kicked throughout the entire fight. Yeah, Kenobi was beating him, but not stomping him by any stretch of the imagination.

Maul has advantages over Opress that Kenobi doesn't. He used martial arts manuevers Kenobi never uses (due to Maul being infinitely better than Kenobi in H2H combat) to subdue Opress, and his clawed foot helped him floor Opress.

As of that episode, Maul and Kenobi weren't equals anyway. Maul was superior, and the margin wasn't slight either. During their fair 1v1 (while Savage was owning Adi Gallia) Maul drove Kenobi back, and quickly. Yes, Kenobi is a defensive fighter but his style isn't to give dozens of meters to your opponent in under a minute. He only did things similar against Ventress in their fight on Teth- where Kenobi was just distracting Ventress for Anakin to get away. Maul had the upper hand, while clearly frustrated which is an advantage for Kenobi given his style.

Rockydonovang
Oh boy. Kenobi makes Maul's legs whine, Disorientates him for 7 seconds with a kick, disorientated him again, and then drives him back when he goes on the offensive and somehow maul is superior, whatever you say buddy.

thesithmaster
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Oh boy. Kenobi makes Maul's legs whine, Disorientates him for 7 seconds with a kick, disorientated him again, and then drives him back when he goes on the offensive and somehow maul is superior, whatever you say buddy.

Makes Maul's legs whine? WTF?

Maul was slightly dazed when no immediate danger was presented. Not the same as in a battle scenario. Kenobi can't just daze Maul when Maul is much stronger and a much better martial artist.

Maul never disorientated Kenobi twice. He kicked him.

Kenobi proceeded to drive back Maul while amped (yes, amped, which has been proven and you have failed miserably to debunk) in a massively favorable environment while catching Maul off guard with his offense. Nice try though.

In the only fair fight, Maul had the upper hand while Kenobi had an advantage which was Maul's increased frustration at his plans being foiled.

Maul>Kenobi as of TCW, your anti-Maul whining notwithstanding.

Darth Thor
He got his leg broken after it had been kicked multiple times, by Kenobi and Gallia. Breaking a leg isn't stomping. Caedus popped Luke's knee yet got his ass kicked throughout the entire fight. Yeah, Kenobi was beating him, but not stomping him by any stretch of the imagination.

Gallia landed 1 hit on Opress's leg which didn't seem to effect him at all. Kenobi damaged his leg all on his own.

Depends on your definition of stomp, but I think All Out Kenobi vs Opress is a pretty one sided fight.

Maul has advantages over Opress that Kenobi doesn't. He used martial arts manuevers Kenobi never uses (due to Maul being infinitely better than Kenobi in H2H combat) to subdue Opress, and his clawed foot helped him floor Opress.

I wouldn't expect Kenobi to take out Opress as quickly as Maul did (even Dooku can't take him out that quick), but like I said it'd be a pretty one sided fight, and overall S5 Kenobi is approx on par with this version of Maul.

As of that episode, Maul and Kenobi weren't equals anyway. Maul was superior, and the margin wasn't slight either. During their fair 1v1 (while Savage was owning Adi Gallia) Maul drove Kenobi back, and quickly. Yes, Kenobi is a defensive fighter but his style isn't to give dozens of meters to your opponent in under a minute. He only did things similar against Ventress in their fight on Teth- where Kenobi was just distracting Ventress for Anakin to get away. Maul had the upper hand, while clearly frustrated which is an advantage for Kenobi given his style.

You have to differentiate between driving back in Saber clashes and voluntarily giving ground in the breaks between Saber clashes.

Kenobi did give a little bit of ground in Saber clashes, but he also held his ground for a lot of it. The majority of his giving ground was voluntary.

Also we can't just dismiss Kenobi's kick on Maul which is where the fight ended. That obviously gave any edge to Kenobi, but I'm sure Maul could compensate with his superior TK.

Darth Thor
Kenobi makes Maul's legs whine

erm

Rockydonovang
erm
From an uncontradicted part of shadow conspiracy, Kenobi and Maul engage in a blade lock which strains maul's legs enough to make them whine and then pushes him back.

Darth Thor
From an uncontradicted part of shadow conspiracy, Kenobi and Maul engage in a blade lock which strains maul's legs enough to make them whine and then pushes him back.

How's that uncontradicted? Kenobi kicked Maul in the actual episode. Aside from that he never drives/pushes Maul back in their 1 v 1.

Rockydonovang
How's that uncontradicted? Kenobi kicked Maul in the actual episode. Aside from that he never drives/pushes Maul back in their 1 v 1.
Because it's plausible for such an event to have happen as it cut away to another duel, or perhaps we just didn't notice it. You can't force unnecceary contradictions to invalidate supplementary evidence. Anyway, I'll check at home to see if it happened when the scene was focused on maul and kenobi

Trocity
Krayt.

Darth Thor
Because it's plausible for such an event to have happen as it cut away to another duel, or perhaps we just didn't notice it. You can't force unnecceary contradictions to invalidate supplementary evidence. Anyway, I'll check at home to see if it happened when the scene was focused on maul and kenobi

Given we saw Maul driving a Kenobi back in the higher Canon, I'm not sure what you're trying to prove anyway.

If you think Kenobi is actually stronger than Maul (you implied that with Ashoka as well Lol), good luck proving that one.

Maul easily has the best strength feats.

BlueTiger1144
Shit thread. I might have read some of the worst arguments ever here.

ChocolateMuesli
Can't tell if LotL, random troll, or both mmm

Rockydonovang
Can't tell if LotL, random troll, or both mmm
laughing

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by BlueTiger1144
Shit thread. I might have read some of the worst arguments ever here.
Shame we can't meet your high standards bud sad

BlueTiger1144
Shame we can't meet your high standards bud sad
There are huge logical holes in all of your arguments.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Is this LotL? Lmao.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Is this LotL? Lmao.
No it's not, when PM'd LOTL promptly made sure to reeducate me on how stupid KMC debaters are. sad

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by BlueTiger1144
There are huge logical holes in all of your arguments.
Feel free to point out the holes in mine wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.