Bumblebee

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Director- Travis Knight (director of KUBO AND THE TWO STRINGS)

Bee to be his VW BEETLE for this movie

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/bumblebee-will-be-vw-beetle-in-upcoming-solo-bumblebee-film-278-02

Kazenji
7TiyWjTXAO4

Impediment
Pass.

Tzeentch
kill me

Kazenji
Looking forward to it without Micheal Bay being involved.

CPT Space Bomb
This is going to crash and burn so hard...

quanchi112
Transformers live action lost me years ago. Bay ruined this shit.

CroftAlice
Oh for god sake🙄

cdtm
The least popular Transformer.

What's next. Wheelie, Rodimus, and Blur? Why not add Go-Bots Scooter while you're at it.

quanchi112

Estacado
Phuck this shit.

BruceSkywalker
this looks interesting.. will give it a chance

hmmmm same day as Aquaman

cdtm
Bumble Bee AND Aquaman?

We shall call that the opening week of the worst characters ever.

playa1258
Some of these films will be moved to avoid eating each other.

Kazenji
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
This is going to crash and burn so hard...

Just like how his last film crash and burned Kubo and the two strings?

phuck all the hater's they're just burnt out because of Micheal Bay's attempts at the Transformers movies, This is someone new at the helm of one of the movies.

Darth Thor
Well Im gonna give it a chance simply because, No Michael Bay this time.

Besides I remember really liking Bumblebee in that first Bay Transformers.

Inhuman
Another movie that focuses on a human that befriends Bumblebee? erm

Only interesting thing i saw was the accurate representation of Starscream.

cdtm
Originally posted by Kazenji
Just like how his last film crash and burned Kubo and the two strings?

phuck all the hater's they're just burnt out because of Micheal Bay's attempts at the Transformers movies, This is someone new at the helm of one of the movies.

It's Bumblebee. Joss Whedon couldn't turn that turd into gold (Between molesting women smile )

Kazenji
Originally posted by cdtm
It's Bumblebee. Joss Whedon couldn't turn that turd into gold (Between molesting women smile )

Not following??

what does that have to do with Kubo and the Two Strings?

riv6672
Looking forward to it without Micheal Bay being involved.
Same.
Not surprised to see all the hate though, i mean, the TRANSFORMERS franchise has run its course.
This could work, though, imo. Everyone loves Bumblebee!

TheVaultDweller
Trailer is meh, but I will probably still give this a chance just because it's someone other than Bay.

riv6672
^^^The trailer looked great.

The transformations looked smoother than the Bay movies, and what little action we saw had none of the choppy hard to follow jumps that have been standard.

I dont think i saw even one explosion!

Todd1700
I'd rather be dragged backwards through hell.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^The trailer looked great.

The transformations looked smoother than the Bay movies, and what little action we saw had none of the choppy hard to follow jumps that have been standard.

I dont think i saw even one explosion!

I wasn't referring to the action. It's the story itself that just didn't grab me. At least what they showed of it. But like I said, I will more than likely still give this a shot, just because it's something different to the crap Bay has been feeding us.

riv6672
Fair enough.
Hope you enjoy it!

Robtard
Seems he also transforms into what looks like a Willys Jeep at some point, unless that's another robot with BB's face and coloring.

quanchi112
Plus that looks like starscream an all time great transformer. Transformers could be great. Just keep Bay the **** away.

Robtard
Yeah, I assumed that was Starscream as well and he is one of the best. Starscream, Jazz, Smokescreen and Optimus Prime, my childhood favorite.

playa1258
The trailer is good and I think this will play well in the holidays.

Battle Angel and Mortal Engines look like flops.

Robtard
Looks like a decent kid's film to me

riv6672
^^^yup, and nothing wrong w. that. thumb up

Nemesis X
7TiyWjTXAO4

It's like witnessing the dawn of a new gen Twilight. Instead of a vampire, it's awkward romance with a giant robot.

cdtm
I suppose it doesn't look worse then crabs, war, famine, or plague.

You know., Dragon Ball Super.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Impediment
Pass.

Originally posted by Tzeentch
kill me

Originally posted by CroftAlice
Oh for god sake🙄

Originally posted by Estacado
Phuck this shit.

thumb up

Transformers were never my thing, tbh.

But Bayformers are even worse...

Kazenji
So many salty people these boards these days.

riv6672

cdtm
The funny thing is, some of these same people called me salty for criticizing Dragon Ball Super.

Which is clearly the worst show ever made. But that's nostalgia goggles for you, I guess.

Kazenji
From what i've watched of Dragon Ball Super it's not "THAT" bad....but hey each to their own i guess.

Khazra Reborn
They should have made a solo movie for Optimus, Bee is kind of lame

Estacado
I like transformers but cant really care for Bumblebee and Bay raped the franchise way too much for most of the people to care.

If we could get a decent movie with Shockwave in it I would watch it.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
They should have made a solo movie for Optimus, Bee is kind of lame

if this is successful you'll get your wish

cdtm
They should have made a solo movie for Jazz:

Q0W1J7JmcXo

Kazenji
Read that this movie is a soft reboot to try and fix up all the bs Micheal Bay did.

riv6672
^^^a good move.
I dont think anyone will mind.

rudester
It's been done. I like the asain version of bots, half alien half body armor. What was that movie called?

Kazenji
aIqYK8Qajlc

wow...that Soundwave.

Kazenji
There's some other footage showing Shockwave too, Exactly how he should be.

riv6672

Kazenji
It's already better then the Bay movies in my book

FEuIKkpPmZg

riv6672
^^^as someone who hasnt minded the Bay movies, i agree.

Robtard
Still looks like a fun kid's film and I do like this approach much better than the previous, hopefully we get a proper Transformers 'live' action franchise out of this. I'll watch this opening weekend if time allows.

Also not sure why they're going 'soft reboot', should just consider this a fresh start in it's own separate universe to Bay's films.

quanchi112
Looks good. Did not see the previous trashformers film. Bay really turned me off from this great ip. Hopefully he is gone for good.

Estacado
Wow G1 Shockwave and Soundwave...nice!!

riv6672
Originally posted by Robtard
Also not sure why they're going 'soft reboot', should just consider this a fresh start in it's own separate universe to Bay's films.
Yeah, just go all in, as i used to say in HS...

Khazra Reborn
Holy phuck, those g1 designs are amazing! I'm suddenly very excited for this

Kazenji
International trailer with some new footage

2PHZuyJAeNs

^^^as someone who hasnt minded the Bay movies, i agree.

one problem with his TF movies is you had to be told which transformers is who with most of them

whats been seen for this movie can instantly know who is who if you've watched the old cartoon or read the IDW comics.

Inhuman
Probably said this already but,

If this is a reboot or refresh or whatver, why are they still doing stupid things like:

- Bumblebee is still a mute. Why? Who thought this was a good idea in the first place. Why is this being brought over to the reboot? Even in the Bayformers, they had Ratchet, who would fix wounded Autobots and he couldnt fix Bumblebees ****ing voice? erm

- They are still trying to push Humans into the forfront of the movie. Who cares about human stories or plot revolving around them. At best humans should be kept in the backround only serving as backround characters.

riv6672

Kazenji
The movie is sitting on 96% over at Rotten Tomatoes

Suck it up all the whiners on page 1.

Darth Thor
Well theres only 26 reviews in so far. But yeah its looking good.

It just goes to show a change of Director is all thats needed to revitalise a tired franchise.

Kazenji
I'm interested in the G1 scene's how much of it will be in the film.

Inhuman
Hope its good.

The human side kick angle they are going with once again bothers me though. Hope it doesn't ruin the movie.

Darth Thor
^ They have to have that. A movie with Transformers alone wouldnt be feasible budget wise. Nor would a Godzilla film with monsters alone.

Inhuman
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ They have to have that. A movie with Transformers alone wouldnt be feasible budget wise. Nor would a Godzilla film with monsters alone.

Yeah but most of the time it's some teenager or kid that gets massive screentime instead of giving them minor roles with minor screen time.
You go see these movies to see giant robots or giant monsters not to have them take a back seat and have generic human teen on the screen 80% of the movie.

Kazenji
Even with the Transformers comics, There's very little of the human element maybe 10% or 15% of it when they are in it.

Darth Thor
Yeah but again, its about feasbilibity for a movie budget. Can draw whatever you like in a comic for no extra cost.

riv6672
^^^good point.

Live action & comics have their pros and cons. Getting that balance isnt easy and will never please everyone.

BruceSkywalker
this should be good hopefully although not a fan of john cena

juggernaut74
This movie is set in the 80's which I just realized. Does that mean this is a prequel or reboot?

Kazenji
Originally posted by juggernaut74
This movie is set in the 80's which I just realized. Does that mean this is a prequel or reboot?

They've said its a prequel and a soft reboot of the franchise.

juggernaut74
According to John Campea this is a complete reboot. About 22 minutes in he talks about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMd7Z4bSy4A

Kazenji
I was only going by what i read before the movie came out, But that info from John Campea clears it up.

BrolyBlack
Im really excited about this movie.

riv6672
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Im really excited about this movie.
Same.
Really hoping to find a few hours to myself and sneak off to see this soonest.

Flyattractor
Would be nice to get a Nice T-Formers Movie.

Kazenji
^ Which seems to be the case for this movie.

Flyattractor
"Which Seems' That is something that has let me down many times in the past whenit comes to movies.

Biggest thing I would like to see CHANGED about transformers is Get Rid of Space Jesus
Optimus Prime. Just let him be a Hero again.

Tired of the mix of Political Religion in my Transformers.

Just make it a Good Old Fashioned Giant Robot Sci Fi Movie..

Darth Thor
Its not been marketed as a complete reboot. Otherwise why set it in the 80s?

So im guessing its a prequel thats not too bothered about continuity ala X-Men First Class.

riv6672
Originally posted by Flyattractor
"Which Seems' That is something that has let me down many times in the past whenit comes to movies.

Biggest thing I would like to see CHANGED about transformers is Get Rid of Space Jesus
Optimus Prime. Just let him be a Hero again.

Tired of the mix of Political Religion in my Transformers.

Just make it a Good Old Fashioned Giant Robot Sci Fi Movie..
For a guy who posts in such a festive color, you are SO grumpy. laughing

Flyattractor
Can you Blame me after watching any of the OTHER T-Form Movies?

riv6672
Yes, as an American its my right to blame you for anything i damn well please. stick out tongue wink

Darth Thor

quanchi112
Just saw it and by far the best Transformers movie. Shout outs to original cartoon movie. Highly enjoyable and great 80s music.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by quanchi112
Just saw it and by far the best Transformers movie. Shout outs to original cartoon movie. Highly enjoyable and great 80s music. I heard this is a total reboot, is that correct?

quanchi112
I heard this is a total reboot, is that correct? No, not imo but I have not seen the last few Transformers and barely remember them. This one seems like it aligns but the best of the bunch by far that I have seen. All about the director.

juggernaut74
Just saw this and it is indeed a reboot.

riv6672
Was it good, though.

quanchi112
Was it good, though. Yes, cheapskate.

juggernaut74
Was it good, though. Yes, though the 93% Rotten Tomato score seems a little generous to me.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by quanchi112
Yes, cheapskate. I agree quan, it only cost me $5 a ticket to see this during the afternoon. If those hackers can't cough up 5 bucks to see a movie on the big screen the way it was intended then they need to evaluate their lives.

riv I'm not talking about you directly just the tight wads who are too cheap to spend money to support the industry.

riv6672

cdtm
Thought it was awesome.

Good enough, where I did a double take when Bay's credit line scrolled by.

I just wish the designs could have been consistant with the ones on Cybertron. Turn Bee's head into the horned classic, get rid of the hideous Bay like faces on the one antagonist, and you'd have a movie take on High Noon's Fall of Cybertron.

Nitpicks aside, it was a fun show for Transformers fans.

juggernaut74
They gave Cliffjumber the horned classic look I thought that was cool.

riv6672
Watched it. Twas great!

Flyattractor
Yeah. I plan on seeing this , Aqua Dude and Killer Cities on the Run this week.

cdtm
They gave Cliffjumber the horned classic look I thought that was cool.

I almost laughed out loud when he was cut in two. Yet another gruesome death for Cliff.

Ever since the Prime town, it's been a meme.

cdtm
It would be great if this lead to other character focused movies.

Maybe one for Jazz. Or Ironhide.

cdtm
Watched it. Twas great!

Seemed kind of like a prequel to Bayformers 1.

Except Starscreams dead, so it couldn't be.

Darth Thor
Just saw this and it is indeed a reboot.

Seemed like a prequel to me.

Originally posted by cdtm
Seemed kind of like a prequel to Bayformers 1.

Except Starscreams dead, so it couldn't be.

You never seen the X-Men prequels with multiple versions of Emma Frost, Sabertooth and Angel?

The character arc and setting it in the 80s says Prequel. Heck the poster says something like TPM logo of Every Saga has a Beginning.

So its a Prequel until the producers say otherwise.

Flyattractor
Just saw this. It was better then all the Trans movies since...THE MOVIE!!!! And maybe on par with the first Bayformers Movie.

Biggest complaint about this movie ...... This WASN'T Bumblebee's Movie!

This was the Charlie Movie and her Goofy Robot Pal.

And I was kinda hoping the 2 Decipticons would have been named Crasher and Coptur.

Sigh.

juggernaut74
I wonder how many people got the old school song reference from the 80's animated movie. In the theater I was at I bet I was the only one.

Flyattractor
I think I missed that. I was to busy trying to remember where I had heard the Mom's Voice from before.

juggernaut74
They played the song from the 1986 animated movie during the cliff diving scene.

Flyattractor
Oh Yeah. Caught that one Big Time. That was when I was thinking...WHy did they drive to that PLACE in the first place?

riv6672
The view, Fly. Some ppl go out of their way for a scenic view.

Darth Thor
This was so good it made me rewatch the Bay Transformers 1, 3 and 4.

Was gonna stop with 1, but wanted more, and knew there was no way I could sit through 2 again.

With 3 & 4 I would just cheer every time Bumblebee showed up.

wakkawakkawakka
Well it's nice to get a good Transformer movie for once. Though I am kind of wondering why Bumblebee would even bother turning into a Camaro at the end if there wasn't really any problem with the Beetle

Also glad that this was a self contained story with coherent Transformers action and not the dumb firework explosions the Michael Bay movies had.

Flyattractor
The view, Fly. Some ppl go out of their way for a scenic view.

So you went to the "Make Out" Locations for the "Scenic View"?

You must have been a Fun Date Riv!!

StiltmanFTW
https://tinyurl.com/y8xwjupf

Flyattractor
So you are saying Bumblebee failed because people saw the RT Critic percentage and thus avoided the movie?

Yeah. Makes sense.

tkitna
Just watched this and thought it was terrible. I thought the lead girl was awful. The little brother, mom and step dad, neighbor love interest, were all annoying. Cena playing the hard ass as usual,,,,sigh. Entire movie just seemed super cheesy to me and I'm actually pissed that I wasted time watching it. Glad other people liked it though.

Inhuman
Originally posted by tkitna
Just watched this and thought it was terrible. I thought the lead girl was awful. The little brother, mom and step dad, neighbor love interest, were all annoying. Cena playing the hard ass as usual,,,,sigh. Entire movie just seemed super cheesy to me and I'm actually pissed that I wasted time watching it. Glad other people liked it though.

I been holding off on watching this movie even though people say its good , because im not interested in the least to watch the lives and story of any of the humans and only like 10% Transformer action.

Flyattractor
Yeah. The Girl takes up WAY to much of the movies Run Time. Bumblebee was really just a Co-Star in his own movie.

TheOneFirestorm
Finally they get a freakin Transformers movie right 1 that is not animated the same year as Avengers Infinity War.

TheOneFirestorm
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Yeah. The Girl takes up WAY to much of the movies Run Time. Bumblebee was really just a Co-Star in his own movie.

Minor flaws in a finally good live action Transformers movie, along with a likable main good character.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
https://tinyurl.com/y8xwjupf

Savage

Michael Bay sucks

Inhuman
The sad thing is that money wise it's the reverse.

S_W_LeGenD
I watched this movie with my wife recently, and both of us were pleasantly surprised; by far the best Transformers movie in a while.

Michael Bay's Transformers franchise should be scrapped or declared non-canon, and Travis Knight should be encouraged to expand this franchise.

Kazenji
Been reading the producer wants to go back to the more Bayformer's stuff again, They want to do a sequel to The Last Knight...... erm

along with a sequel to this Bumblebee film.

BrolyBlack
Amazing movie best Transformers yet, and better than many MCU/DCU movies.

Kazenji
Reading that they want to do a Transformers 6 but it won't be a direct sequel to The Last Knight.

TheOneFirestorm
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Amazing movie best Transformers yet, and better than many MCU/DCU movies.

Really DCU hasn't had a high amount of success so that's a freakin low bar to jump and no really isn't because most of the MCU movies have been winners.

And just think this could have happened more than 6 years sooner if Paramount changed directors instead of reusing Michael Bay a director that has 0 understanding of Transformers and has no damn passion at all to make the movie faithful to Transformers.
This is like the Chicago Bears that wasted more than 3 Seasons and a high amount of money paying the embarrassment bust passionless bum that is Jay freakin Cutler.

Kazenji
Trolling at it's finest from Broly.

BrolyBlack
So why did I spend $24 on buying it?

quanchi112
Kaz is so cranky.

Kazenji
Far from it Quan and there's a reason why i get cranky. But none of you dumb shit's could care about working out the whys.

quanchi112
Far from it Quan and there's a reason why i get cranky. But none of you dumb shit's could care about working out the whys. Your life sucks. I understood that a long time ago. I am better than you. Better looking, better shape, more money, happier I win.

Anyways this was a good film.

Kazenji
Seriously get off your high horse, Life isn't a comic book.

quanchi112
Seriously get off your high horse, Life isn't a comic book. Your life is dark like man of steel. Mine is like Infinity War; driven and awesome. Love your misery it makes me strong.

BrolyBlack
Far from it Quan and there's a reason why i get cranky. But none of you dumb shit's could care about working out the whys.

Back your claim that I was trolling then.

BrolyBlack
Hello Kaz, back your claim or admit defeat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.