MW Revan vs Thon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ursumeles
* Force only

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Hmm.

Haschwalth
Revan learn't all he could as a Jedi and more with DS, meaning He should Rival Thon in Knowledge.
Being described as, the most powerful force user to come out of the dantooine enclave, would put his Potential most likely greater than Thons. But we don't know how well he utilized it considering, he grew massively.

It would be close, though we don't have a solid case for how much of his raw power he could utilize.(anyone know how old Revan was during the Mando wars? around 30?) if so i'd see him taking it. otherwise thon.

MythLord
Revan; Thon might possess more raw power, but he'd still get demolished in close-quarters-combat.

Ursumeles
CQC in Force only?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by MythLord
Revan; Thon might possess more raw power, but he'd still get demolished in close-quarters-combat.

Is there reason to believe this when Thon is a weaponsmaster? The idea that he can't defend himself in CQC seems questionable based on that.

Zenwolf
Does MW Revan even have any Force feats? Far as I know, he was more just a background thing till Kotor.

Geistalt
Originally posted by Haschwalth
Being described as, the most powerful force user to come out of the dantooine enclave,

When?

MythLord
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Is there reason to believe this when Thon is a weaponsmaster? The idea that he can't defend himself in CQC seems questionable based on that.

Being a weaponsmaster means jacksh!t when Revan would easily best half the weaponsmasters we know of. Also, this be well and good if he, yeno, had a weapon to use here.

He generally just uses his TK and claws. Pretty sure Revan can handle that.

UCanShootMyNova
when Revan would easily best half the weaponsmasters we know of.

Speak for yourself.

Ursumeles
had a weapon to use here. Neither one has weapons to use here lmao.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Neither one has weapons to use here lmao.

Well technically claws would count as weapons for Thon.

MythLord
Didn't see it was Force only... Prolly Thon, then.

DarthAnt66
Revan. Thon's not as good as peak Nomi Sunrider - Revan's the best of the era.

Rockydonovang
Given that thon is stated to wield lightsabers, he prolly would use a lightsaber in a saber duel.

Haschwalth
Originally posted by Geistalt
When?

"The Force flows through you like no student we have ever seen."

―Vrook Lamar (Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic)

SunRazer
It's not like Vrook would have seen Thon as a student, lol.

nfactor1995
Originally posted by SunRazer

Why would you assume that quote only refers to Vrook, and not apply to every Jedi in the enclave?

Haschwalth
So you would suggest that Thon had more potential than Exar kun?

SunRazer
Originally posted by nfactor1995
Why would you assume that quote only refers to Vrook, and not apply to every Jedi in the enclave?

Because Vrook doesn't know what the other Jedi have seen. Not Vandar, anyway. His reference to "we" likely means the current Council, which wasn't the one in session in Thon's time (considering he's older than most of the Council).

Originally posted by Haschwalth
So you would suggest that Thon had more potential than Exar kun?

No, but in all his years he might've still eclipsed Kun in the ways of the Force.

Granted, if Revan has more potential than Kun and has learnt all the Jedi to offer, it's fair to put him above Thon. Forgot about Kreia's little line. Then we can factor in the fact that he's got the period of the Mandalorian Wars to grow more powerful. I'd hand him the win here in that case.

However, one might contest whether Vrook's claim encompasses Kun as well.

MythLord
Did Vrook even meet Exar, tbh?

SunRazer
TCSWE claims he was on the Dantooine Council in the years leading up to the Great Sith War, so probably.

But then, TCSWE goes on to get two things wrong on him in the next few sentences. So...

Selenial
TCSWE claims he was on the Dantooine Council in the years leading up to the Great Sith War, so probably.

But then, TCSWE goes on to get two things wrong on him in the next few sentences. So...

Well, Vrook died what, 40 years after Kun? Considering ages in Star Wars, wouldn't surprise me if he was at least 80, and had at least met Kun.

SunRazer
Yeah, he's obviously quite old.

But the errors were:

- That he would've been transported to Nar Shaddaa if the Exile didn't intervene.

- That he died in 3952 BBY, rather than 3951.

TCSWE also says Traya tried to kill the Exile on Dantooine and fled after failing, among a few other hilarious errors, so it's not the most reliable source on the matter. But I suppose uncontradicted info should be taken regardless.

MythLord
There's 45 years between the Great Sith War and the death of Vrook, and I don't think Vrook would be in his 80s, tbh.

I think it's possible he wasn't even on the Council when Exar was in training.

Selenial
There's 45 years between the Great Sith War and the death of Vrook, and I don't think Vrook would be in his 80s, tbh.

I think it's possible he wasn't even on the Council when Exar was in training.

So you're putting your word above a canonical source because of what, a feeling? Your feeling, looking at a game's graphics from 2005?

Nice. smile

MythLord
Originally posted by Selenial
So you're putting your word above a canonical source because of what, a feeling? Your feeling, looking at a game's graphics from 2005?

Nice. smile

Give me a canonical source that Vrook is 80 at least, or that he was indeed on the Council when Exar was in training.

Until you do, it's just your own word agains mine. thumb up

Selenial
Give me a canonical source that Vrook is 80 at least, or that he was indeed on the Council when Exar was in training.

Hmm, let's see.

'Vrook Lamar was an Ancient Jedi Master who served on the Jedi Council on Dantooine in the years leading up to the Great Sith War'
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

'years'

'years'

'years'

'year
jɪə,jəː/Submit
noun
plural noun: years'

So, the Great Sith War took place in 3996 BBY. If only there was a confirmed event that took place only one year before that, on Dantooine where Kun trained. An event from 'TOTJ 1: Masters and Students of the Force' maybe.... oh wait, there was. Kun stole a holocron from Baas on Dantooine in 3997 BBY. I guess that's that.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/82482d1e2b2a6a417b04e28249875646/tumblr_np11l6JduF1uvuda5o1_250.gif

SunRazer
Mace was the youngest to sit on the Council up to his time, IIRC, at the age of 28. Vrook has to be older, on top of 45 years. So he's gotta be at least mid-70's, and it's entirely plausible for him to be in his 80's.

Haschwalth

He was on the council leading up to the Great sith wars.
Someone of exar's talent would of meet the Jedi council.
It's pretty reasonable that he did.

MythLord
Originally posted by Selenial
Hmm, let's see.

'Vrook Lamar was an Ancient Jedi Master who served on the Jedi Council on Dantooine in the years leading up to the Great Sith War'
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

'years'

'years'

'years'

'year
jɪə,jəː/Submit
noun
plural noun: years'

So, the Great Sith War took place in 3996 BBY. If only there was a confirmed event that took place only one year before that, on Dantooine where Kun trained. An event from 'TOTJ 1: Masters and Students of the Force' maybe.... oh wait, there was. Kun stole a holocron from Baas on Dantooine in 3997 BBY. I guess that's that.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/82482d1e2b2a6a417b04e28249875646/tumblr_np11l6JduF1uvuda5o1_250.gif

Ah, was unaware of that statement. Fair enough. Points on using the Olenna Tyrell gif. thumb up

Haschwalth
However, one might contest whether Vrook's claim encompasses Kun as well.

Why wouldn't it?

Because of the assumption "we" refers to the Jedi council of their time, and not of Exar's time because Vrook is the only one present?

"We" is too vague, it can be taken just as easily as a broad sense than a specific one.

DarthAnt66
-

Haschwalth
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
-

We have Master Dorak for example using We in a broad sense, as in meaning the Jedi Enclave in general.

"Exar kun was defeated. but the war left both the republic and our own Order severely weakened. For Twenty years "we" struggled to rebuild. trying to erase the scars of the terrible conflict."-Dorak

Bala was replaced by Vrook after 3964 BBY.
GSW ended 3996 BBY.

DarthAnt66
I'm not sure what you're arguing, or why you're quoting me, but I should clarify my stance: the quote makes it pretty explicit Revan's Force potential is greater than Kun's.

Haschwalth
I'm not sure what you're arguing, or why you're quoting me, but I should clarify my stance: the quote makes it pretty explicit Revan's Force potential is greater than Kun's.

I'm adding evidence for my justification, I was confused about you putting

-

as a post, so I responded to it.

DarthAnt66
Ah, gotcha. There's no delete button that works on KMC. "-" is used when you make a post and decide to remove it by editing the content and replacing it with a "-".

Haschwalth
Ah, gotcha. There's no delete button that works on KMC. "-" is used when you make a post and decide to remove it by editing the content and replacing it with a "-".
Ah that's a pain, thanks for the info.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.