KotOR Revan vs Count Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

slayne
Force, sabers, and all-out. Starting distance is 20 meters.

Who wins and why?

Geistalt
Dooku wins 'cause he could probably handle the Star Forge with greater ease than Revan.

Good fight, though.

Ursumeles
^ retarded reasoning.

Dooku wins 'sabers, not sure about the other two.

Geistalt
Thanks for calling my feat comparison retarded.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Feat comparison? The hell?

Geistalt
Well, comparing how they'd fare, in any case.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Except you didn't provide any evidence whatsoever. So Urs can call your reasoning retarded.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Anyways, Revan takes this.

thesithmaster
The rich dude.

Azronger
Dooku stomps

ChocolateMuesli
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Except you didn't provide any evidence whatsoever. So Urs can call your reasoning retarded.
mmm

Anyways, Revan takes this.

you didn't provide any evidence whatsoever

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ, corrected by Jack
So UrsJack can call yourmy lack of reasoning retarded.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I didn't provide any reasoning either, so you can't call it retarded. thumb up

ChocolateMuesli
I didn't provide any reasoning either, so you can't call it retarded. thumb up

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ, corrected by Jack

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ, corrected again by Jack

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I mean, if you want to, sure. That has nothing to do with what I said, though.

Expressing the opinion "Dooku wins" isn't inherently retarded. The reasoning behind it can be retarded, though.

ChocolateMuesli
I mean, if you want to, sure. That has nothing to do with what I said, though.

Expressing the opinion "Dooku wins" isn't inherently retarded. The reasoning behind it can be retarded, though.
Neither of you provided evidence. Clearly, you are both equally retarded. I suggest you cut back on the 'shrooms that DMB has been feeding you, to get a clearer head.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The point of not having evidence making it retarded is that the reasoning itself can be labeled as retarded, not the opinion that Dooku wins in and of itself. Perhaps if Geistalt elaborated (I.e. Gave evidence for his reasoning) then his reasoning would seem less retarded.

ChocolateMuesli
The point of not having evidence making it retarded is that the reasoning itself can be labeled as retarded, not the opinion that Dooku wins in and of itself. Perhaps if Geistalt elaborated (I.e. Gave evidence for his reasoning) then his reasoning would seem less retarded.
So making a claim and providing reasoning for that claim, but without evidence, is more retarded than making a claim with no reasoning at all? That seems odd. mmm

Haschwalth
Kotor Revan takes this.
Dooku dies to 30 pirates.(obviously taking a dig at Disney canon)

MythLord
Dooku.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by ChocolateMuesli
So making a claim and providing reasoning for that claim, but without evidence, is more retarded than making a claim with no reasoning at all? That seems odd. mmm

If the reasoning is retarded, yeah.

I see it more like:

Dooku beats KOTOR Revan: fair enough, I can respect that opinion. I'd like to see your evidence and reasoning for this so that we can argue/discuss it.

Dooku beats KOTOR Revan because I think he can probably handle the Star Forge with greater ease than Revan: Damn, believing that Dooku beats Revan for that particular reason sounds retarded, especially considering you called it a "feat comparison" directly afterward.

Now you can say "well the reasoning being retarded is subjective," but this just leads into my initial statement: Urs has every right to believe Geistalt's reasoning is retarded, unless Geistalt elaborated in order to clarify the reasoning in a better way.

This can also happen with opinions, at times. For example:

Ventress can defeat Sidious: damn, that sounds retarded. What's your reasoning?

and so on and so forth. Again, nobody is calling the entirety of Geistalt's statement retarded, just his reasoning.

UCanShootMyNova
Dooku.

Ursumeles
Syn, GH.

ThirdReich
Dooku, obviously

Kurk
Originally posted by Haschwalth
Kotor Revan takes this.
Dooku dies to 30 pirates.(obviously taking a dig at Disney canon) But he wins against 30 Pykes? confused

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Kurk
But he wins against 30 Pykes? confused

He had his lightsaber!

Still it's quite dumb for Canon to do that with the pirates..they could have done it a little better than pirates..

nfactor1995
Revan

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Zenwolf
He had his lightsaber!

Still it's quite dumb for Canon to do that with the pirates..they could have done it a little better than pirates..

Those pirates supposed to be quite hardcore. Hondo's gone toe to toe with Anakin Skywalker laughing out loud

And to be fair he was surrounded and ambushed and like you pointed out without his Lightsaber.

Haschwalth
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Those pirates supposed to be quite hardcore. Hondo's gone toe to toe with Anakin Skywalker laughing out loud

And to be fair he was surrounded and ambushed and like you pointed out without his Lightsaber.
Mace windu solo'd armies of droids bare handed, lightsaber means nothing unless dealing with another Jedi/Sith.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Haschwalth
Mace windu solo'd armies of droids bare handed, lightsaber means nothing unless dealing with another Jedi/Sith.

Yeah the same Mace wasn't much help on Geonosis. Different medium. Totally different rules.

Haschwalth
Yeah the same Mace wasn't much help on Geonosis. Different medium. Totally different rules.
Different universe. Legends Dooku would repeat those feats of mace.

BlueTiger1144
Why are the feats in the movies so pathetic when compared to feats from novels?

S_W_LeGenD

MythLord
The bigger picture being TOR sucks, yeah. thumb up

Zenwolf
I wouldn't really so much as say it's inconsistent partially so maybe, I mean Trebor was wading through battalions of battle droids, there was just so many droids(seeing as they were right under a droid factory and thousands were pouring out everywhere) and potential friendly fire, that going all ham with Force powers might be more of a bad than good thing.

Toe to toe is stretching it frankly, if that.

Yeah, but he has The Force. I mean pirates are kinda low on the threat level overall, it might have been better if they had been gritty mercenaries with a variety of different weapons instead of just blasters. Mercs have at least shown to be very capable, moreso than pirates anyway.

Still I stopped seeing the whole TCW as both Canon and Legends, it's more Canon with added bits of Legends if that makes sense, a lot less complicated with less confusion in trying to make sense of certain situations and what not.

Darth Thor

Toe to toe is stretching it frankly, if that.

Well they were in a sword fight Lol.

Reminds me Anakin, Obi-Wan and even Dooku all had their fair share of embarrassing moments during TCW. So not sure why Maul gets such a hard time for his low showings.

Zenwolf

Reminds me Anakin, Obi-Wan and even Dooku all had their fair share of embarrassing moments during TCW. So not sure why Maul gets such a hard time for his low showings.

Yeah but toe to toe? I'm not seeing it. It didn't really look like much a fight frankly. But yeah, Maul gets ragged on a lot.

Darth Thor
Yeah but toe to toe? I'm not seeing it. It didn't really look like much a fight frankly. But yeah, Maul gets ragged on a lot.

Just making fun a bit with the "toe to toe". But yeah you know if that was Maul vs Hondo people wouldn't let that go.

ChocolateMuesli
Bane also got captured by mercenaries, and that was in an EU book. Never forget.

Zenwolf
Just making fun a bit with the "toe to toe". But yeah you know if that was Maul vs Hondo people wouldn't let that go.

Fair enough. Well at least he's dead now.

Zenwolf
Bane also got captured by mercenaries, and that was in an EU book. Never forget.

That instance was far less stupid than Dooku's.

thesithmaster

Yup. Plagueis nearly died at the hands of the Maladians as well. With the right situation, twenty/thirty non-Force sensitives can capture a super powerful Force sensitive. Dooku was tired and absolutely surrounded. By a group of pirates that tagged Darth Maul and a leader that didn't get one-shotted by Anakin in a duel+stalemated Ahsoka, though she was holding back to a degree.

BlueTiger1144
There is no amount of "stylistic difference" which can cover up for the simple fact that Mace was blowing away a hundred droids on one occasion with a pulse he delivered when he was twirling in the air and didn't come close to scraping the dust at the bottom of such a feat, in Geonosis.
Pretty retarded argument as usual. There are so many character power inconsistencies, blatant ones at that which outright contradict in various media, it is impossible to deny this. I too always wondered why movie feats were so garbage, but later realized this simple fact.

Rockydonovang

Low showings are perfectly fine to use for rebels maul though.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.