Will the sequel trilogy mirror the original trilogy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
Yes or No? Will Episode 8 and 9 just be rehashes of Empire and Jedi or will they be different

UCanShootMyNova
Yes. It will be terrible but Ant will find ways to justify why it's good and nothing like the originals. smile

Zenwolf
Nah, because I doubt they are gonna have a big reveal that...to put in their own words "surpass the reveal in Episode 5". I mean they already ruined it, by saying there was one...though them saying that it'll surpass Episode 5's reveal, one of the biggest reveals in history..is amusing.

So good luck with TLJ trying to mirror ESB.

Now the last movie...perhaps, who knows.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Nah, because I doubt they are gonna have a big reveal that...to put in their own words "surpass the reveal in Episode 5". I mean they already ruined it, by saying there was one...though them saying that it'll surpass Episode 5's reveal, one of the biggest reveals in history..is amusing.

So good luck with TLJ trying to mirror ESB.

Now the last movie...perhaps, who knows.
It'll mirror it, sure.

It's just it's going to be a broken and dirty mirror.

thesithmaster
Possibly. TFA has definitely mirrored ANH.

Kurk
Yes because the folks at Disney are a bunch of cowards. They're just rewriting the original trilogy to modern social justice standards.

Darth Thor
Well Rian Johnson is likely to do something more original.

JJ Abram's great at developing directing actors and developing characters. But unfortunately he doesn't have much of an imagination IMO.

Originally posted by Zenwolf
I mean they already ruined it, by saying there was one..

Haha So true.

nfactor1995
Originally posted by Kurk
Yes because the folks at Disney are a bunch of cowards. They're just rewriting the original trilogy to modern social justice standards.

This tbh.

I hope they don't mirror the OT, but given how they talk about TLJ taking a darker tone and, from some articles I've read, the producers wanting it to be like this trilogy's ESB, I wouldn't be surprised.

deathslash
I'm not going to answer this question with a yes or no, just my personal hope. I really don't want it to just be Star Wars: The Original Trilogy 2 Electric Boogaloo.

I'm not sure if anyone commented on it yet, but based off of the trailer for The Last Jedi, I've seen some stuff that has some startling similarities to The Empire Strikes Back.

1. Rey training with Luke

It had to happen, but the old Jedi war hero hermit training with the up and comer to beat one of his previous students (who is likely related to the main character) mirrors TESB too much.

2. Finn in the pod

I didn't really get too much of a good look, but if it's a kolto tank that our hero will emerge from, it's following Luke's kolto treatment too closely and if it's some sort of suspended animation chamber, it follows Han getting frozen far too closely.

3. Poe Dameron's base getting attacked

Supporting character likely going to make it out by the skin of his teeth as his base is attacked by the (Empire) First Order? Clearly doesn't feel like a certain escape from a snow covered planet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.