Last Action Hero, was it awesome or bad?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Slowpoke
I really enjoyed that movie when I watched it, a lot of funny stuff and cool cameos. Awesome performance from all the actors. Why did it receive bad reception at that time?

riv6672
Guess it just wasnt what ppl were wanting.
Personally i liked it a lot.

This is a pretty decent article on why it didnt do well if you havent read it already...

https://www.google.com/amp/film.avclub.com/why-last-action-hero-failed-and-why-it-deserves-to-be-r-1798241845/amp

relentless1
it was bad in an awesome way, plus you can't go wrong with ol Charlie Dance as your villain

Slowpoke
I really love Gandalf playing Death, and the cameo of T-1000.

Flyattractor
It was Awesomely Bad...but in a good way! I thought it was great but it did have the misfortune of coming out at the same time as Jurassic Park. Even Arnie wasn't a big enough star to take on that one....and I seem to recall that it got a Lot of Hate dumped on it before it came out.

riv6672
Originally posted by relentless1
it was bad in an awesome way, plus you can't go wrong with ol Charlie Dance as your villain
That movie had some fun meta fiction going on.

marwash22
haven't seen it since i was a kid, but i remember loving it.

riv6672
^^^I've come to enjoy it even more over the years, really.
I'm a lot more genre savvy now, so i catch things i missed as a pre-internet era 25 year old. stick out tongue

BruceSkywalker
it was shit

Talon Fang
I liked it. It was just Good Popcorn Fun.

jaden101
Almost as good as True Lies

Bashar Teg
QBBoGMLMJxA

Impediment
Last Action Hero was so terrible, it was awesome.

HulkIsHulk
Don't give s":t about it's quality loved it

Flyattractor
The kid in this movie was way more fun then the 2 dorks in the Jurassic Park movie.

riv6672
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Don't give s":t about it's quality loved it
Quality shmality!

Surtur
Originally posted by Slowpoke
I really enjoyed that movie when I watched it, a lot of funny stuff and cool cameos. Awesome performance from all the actors. Why did it receive bad reception at that time?

An "awesome" performance by the actors? Lol...which ones? Don't get me wrong, the movie came out when I was like 7 or 8, so I did think it was awesome. But mostly it was the premise, oh shit this kid jumped into an action movie. An awful awful action movie, but still.

I honestly do not feel Arnold is a good actor 99.99% of the time. He is a good action star, but that isn't the same as being a good actor. His acting itself varies from horrible to passable, at best. His acting is such that pretty much unless he is portraying an emotionless robot it just doesn't seem authentic.

Think of the really good movies he is in that aren't Terminator. Total Recall is awesome, but you rarely hear people say it is because Arnold acted the shit out of that movie.

It's almost like his being a good action star is good and bad, since it is directly because of his success in that arena that people legit thought "hey, a movie where Arnold becomes pregnant is a thing that can be a thing".

cdtm
Originally posted by Slowpoke

Movie was fun.

Critics wouldn't know fun if it stripped down to a thong and gave them a lap dance.

Flyattractor
Just re-watched this again last nite. Real Fun Movie.

Surtur
I just wonder what happened to the little kid from the movie? I remember he was in the sequel to My Girl. Then...I dunno, where he at?

Its gonna be awkward if he ended up killing himself like the kid from IT.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.