Ronan vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sable
H2H

No weapons

ShadowFyre
Thor. Nothing Ronan did should evenhurt him.

nfactor1995
Ronan lacks feats, but he visually looked more technically skilled than Thor (Ronan actually looked like a skilled martial artist, while Thor looks like a skilled brawler). Thor has the superior skill feats though (specifically the one against the 4 Asgardian soldiers from TDW, and his fighting evenly with Loki). I wish Ronan got more exposure, but him putting the beating on Drax is now an immensely impressive physical feat given the durability feats Drax got in GOTG 2, possibly even putting him above Thor in striking power, but obviously that's debatable given Thor's somewhat staggering of Hulk.

By feats, I guess Thor would take it. In-universe, I could honestly see it going either way. Ronan was implied to be pretty high tier.

Sable
I agree. Hands down Ronan is better and more skilled fighter. Thor trading blows with IM didnt result in much for him.

ShadowFyre
Hands down? Ronan only has one 20 second fight against one opponent. Thor has faced down multiple skilled opponents using hands only and one. We go off feats, and hands down, Thor has several more appearances of using skill.

Sable
Watch the fight again and its not 20 seconds

KingD19
With Ronan f*cking around and not taking Drax seriously, the fight took around 30 seconds or so. But people are ignoring how Drax was sloppy drunk the whole time.

Thor is definitely more skilled as he's simply fought more people, people who've shown their own skills. And people who weren't drunk as Hell when they fought.

But on top of all that, Thor is just straight up stronger/tougher than Ronan by a good bit.

ShadowFyre
My bad. The clip is one minute. Half of that is them talking. I now stand by my statement even more. Ronan one fight is against a sloppy drunk.

Sable
Even if Drax was at 100% Ronan would of handed him his ass.

Surtur
Originally posted by Sable
Even if Drax was at 100% Ronan would of handed him his ass.

Considering the ease in which Ronan defeated him, this is most likely true.

He still lacks the strength to put Thor down though.

Sable
Originally posted by KingD19
With Ronan f*cking around and not taking Drax seriously, the fight took around 30 seconds or so. But people are ignoring how Drax was sloppy drunk the whole time.

Thor is definitely more skilled as he's simply fought more people, people who've shown their own skills. And people who weren't drunk as Hell when they fought.

But on top of all that, Thor is just straight up stronger/tougher than Ronan by a good bit.

He stands no chance at all, unless you can prove his hits were hitting less hard, hard time proving that one, considering he was enraged Ronin killed his family. His drunkeness would only bolster his durability, and his rage would have increased his strength and ferocity. You can't prove his hits were hitting less, even his best ones didn't even effect Ronin, he was laughing them off and tossed Drax around like a toy doll.

playa1258
Thor not being able to put away Iron Man is due to pis/cis and extreme IM pandering.

Thor's feats are much better than Ronan.

Thor wins with ease.

Sable
With ease?

KingD19
He fist fights Hulk. So yes.

Sable
Still doesn't mean he loses to Drax. I see you backed off from that argument.

List of people who have fist fought Thor

Ironman
Loki
Mal
Kurse

ShadowFyre
Ironman amped 475%, and malekith had the freaking infinity stone, and Loki didn't fist fight him he had gungnir.

Regardless, we all agree Thor wins, so we're arguing semantics.

Surtur
Originally posted by playa1258
Thor not being able to put away Iron Man is due to pis/cis and extreme IM pandering.

Thor's feats are much better than Ronan.

Thor wins with ease.

We can see Thor was holding back with Iron Man, as we see what happens when Thor truly gets murderous when he attacks Captain America and levels the surrounding forest. He never hit IM with such force. He truly does not take kindly to people asking him to put his hammer down.

KingD19
Still doesn't mean he loses to Drax. I see you backed off from that argument.

List of people who have fist fought Thor

Ironman
Loki
Mal
Kurse

Hahah, trying to bait me? Nice.

Anyway, Ronan loses easily as I said.

Sable
He loses but it isn't a stomp or with ease. His speed plus skill will make it a difficult fight for Thor.

KingD19
His speed isn't to some insane Quicksilver level where Thor is a statue. He's at best as fast as some of the people Thor's fought. And skill doesn't make much difference in this fight either unless you count him trying to dodge Thor all day. Thor uppercutted Hulk and rocked his sh*t, after blocking a full force overhead strike. What do you think will happen to Ronan whose only durability feat without the stone is taking a few punches from Drax when Thor punches him as hard as he can?

Sable
Thor's upper cut did what to hulk?

KingD19
Thor's upper cut did what to hulk?

My mistake. The uppercut was with Mjolnir. Thor spun Hulk right around with a hook though. And then blocked several attacks and held him still for a bit. Which puts him several magnitudes of strength above Ronan. Put Ronan in that fight with Hulk and tell me how you think he'd do.

Sable
What did Thors hook do to Hulk?

ShadowFyre
It spun him 180 degrees. Which is pretty impressive considering who he's hitting.

wallman77
https://youtu.be/qKhEnG7ZXVI

Thor is bobbing and weaving and bodying the hulk in Ragnarok. He would murder Ronan in the first degree

playa1258
Thor still wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.