Aquaman Vs Team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
Aquaman

Vs

Colossus
Rhino
Ares
Luke Cage

StiltmanFTW

He gets destroyed.

zopzop
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

He gets destroyed.
On land, I agree. In or near water (using all powers/abilities not just H2H) and team is screwed.

-Pr-
Ares is the only one I'd consider a real threat (unless Luke has had an upgrade recently). On land, I really don't see Colossus or Rhino causing him any real trouble.

riv6672
Colossus is the only ine that doesnt need to breathe, right?
Dont think that would swing things in the team's favor underwater, just wondering how the others are in that environment.

On land the team wins.

-Pr-
Originally posted by riv6672
Dont think that would swing things in the team's favor underwater, just wondering how the others are in that environment.

On land the team wins.

Colossus doesn't need to breathe, no.

On land, my argument doesn't change. Ares is the big worry unless Cage has an actual upgrade that isn't just Bendis power.

Colossus and Rhino wouldn't pose too much trouble, I don't think.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by -Pr-

On land, my argument doesn't change. Ares is the big worry unless Cage has an actual upgrade that isn't just Bendis power.

Colossus and Rhino wouldn't pose too much trouble, I don't think.

Are u counting his ax?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Are u counting his ax?

Ares's one? Yeah, it's one of the reasons he's my biggest worry in the match.

Sin I AM
Ares's one? Yeah, it's one of the reasons he's my biggest worry in the match.
👍👍yea. I figured, ares isnt afraid of burying it in someones chest

riv6672
Colossus, Ares, and Rhino can all hang with class100 characters. Luke's hung with them too, if not nearly as well.

This seems pretty straightforward.
Team on land, Aquaman at sea.

vansonbee
A split ^ is fine with me, but what about Aquaman vs. Team at Raging Waters Park?

riv6672
Originally posted by vansonbee
A split ^ is fine with me, but what about Aquaman vs. Team at Raging Waters Park?
They probably just go on the rides.

http://guidetosfot.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/sign-4.jpg

-Pr-
Colossus, Ares, and Rhino can all hang with class100 characters. Luke's hung with them too, if not nearly as well.

This seems pretty straightforward.
Team on land, Aquaman at sea.

Colossus isn't hanging with Aquaman for more than a few seconds if Aquaman is really trying. i'd wager the same is true of Rhyno and Cage.

StiltmanFTW
Rhino sends him to the orbit ftw. It canonically happened. Vs. f*cking Nova, to boot. And it was before EotE, when he became more powerful and ruthless.

Decades of sucking won't be fixed by Arthur suddenly being able to hang (barely) with KC...

https://s21.postimg.org/ukhxc9rmf/aqualoser.png

-Pr-
Rhino sends him to the orbit ftw. It canonically happened. Vs. f*cking Nova, to boot. And it was before EotE, when he became more powerful and ruthless.

Decades of sucking won't be fixed by Arthur suddenly being able to hang (barely) with KC...

https://s21.postimg.org/ukhxc9rmf/aqualoser.png

Please don't derail threads.

StiltmanFTW
Classic Rhino beat Fixit, too.

riv6672
Colossus isn't hanging with Aquaman for more than a few seconds if Aquaman is really trying. i'd wager the same is true of Rhyno and Cage.
Agree to disagree.
Not trying to argue with you, i've seen how you get re: Aquaman on the movie forum.

I believe my assessment (team on land/AM at sea) is fair AND realistic to all the characters involved.

-Pr-
Classic Rhino beat Fixit, too.

Is that not a huge outlier, though?

Agree to disagree.
Not trying to argue with you, i've seen how you get re: Aquaman on the movie forum.

I believe my assessment (team on land/AM at sea) is fair AND realistic to all the characters involved.

Wow, way to be nice AND snippy at the same time.

Parmaniac
Colossus will sink like a stone though.

Colossus and Rhino wouldn't pose too much trouble, I don't think. I could agree here if this was a gauntlet without rest, he's facing all of them at the same time though, he gets overwhelmed.

riv6672
Wow, way to be nice AND snippy at the same time.
Whereas you just get snippy when it comes to AM. i've tried engaging you in civil conversation re: his movie.
Not repeating that in an actual versus. No good outcome there.

Originally posted by Parmaniac
Colossus will sink like a stone though.
Scans?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-2KQtw7eediw/UflJLE5CrpI/AAAAAAAAQ7M/GAyRG2erlp4/s1600/drown.jpg
Never really seen him have problems that i recall.
Asking out of curiosity. I believe the team loses underwater whether Colossus sinks or swims like a fish.

Parmaniac
Scans? Honestly I used common sense, if comics history with him actually portrayed him differently my bad, still he won't be any trouble for AM under water since the guy can shoot through water like a hypersonic torpedo.

-Pr-
Whereas you just get snippy when it comes to AM. i've tried engaging you in civil conversation re: his movie.
Not repeating that in an actual versus. No good outcome there.

Scans?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-2KQtw7eediw/UflJLE5CrpI/AAAAAAAAQ7M/GAyRG2erlp4/s1600/drown.jpg
Never really seen him have problems that i recall.
Asking out of curiosity. I believe the team loses underwater whether Colossus sinks or swims like a fish.

Explaining why I don't like it = being snippy? Okay, I guess...

riv6672
haha. Nooo...being snippy = being snippy. laughing out loud

Enough of this, though.

-Pr-
haha. Nooo...being snippy = being snippy. laughing out loud

Enough of this, though.

Sure.

Honestly I used common sense, if comics history with him actually portrayed him differently my bad, still he won't be any trouble for AM under water since the guy can shoot through water like a hypersonic torpedo.

Colossus does weigh more in metal form yes, but his strength, speed and agility all scale up to handle it. I honestly don't remember any particular instance of him having trouble moving around underwater, but it's been a while.

riv6672
^^^same here.
Like i said though, i'd live to see scans of him sinking.

EDIT
It does look like he's walking away, not swimming like the others, from a crash.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-IQ8vkhAZbUQ/T3vRqLQWd-I/AAAAAAAAJMU/CmW1bxIinD0/s1600/Xplot1.jpg

-Pr-
As Colossusnaut he fought Red Hulk underwater, but he was in Juggy form so it's not definitive due to that being an actual transformation and upgrade whenever the helmet appeared.

Found examples of him not having too much trouble with water:

https://s7d6.turboimg.net/t/36000338_Excalibur116-21.jpg https://s7d6.turboimg.net/t/36000339_spider-woman_38-_page_09_-.jpg https://s7d6.turboimg.net/t/36000340_Uncanny_X-Men_147-008.jpg https://s7d6.turboimg.net/t/36000341_Uncanny_X-Men_150-012.jpg

Edit: My fourth one is the same one you have.

Parmaniac
Jesus...the last scan must be from Colossus' anorexic phase...

riv6672
Honestly I used common sense, if comics history with him actually portrayed him differently my bad, still he won't be any trouble for AM under water since the guy can shoot through water like a hypersonic torpedo.
Didnt even see this earlier. Got buried by me and Pr hoing back & forth.

Your reasoning made sense to me, really, it seems like something a character like him would have as limitation!

riv6672
As Colossusnaut he fought Red Hulk underwater, but he was in Juggy form so it's not definitive due to that being an actual transformation and upgrade whenever the helmet appeared.

Found examples of him not having too much trouble with water.

Edit: My fourth one is the same one you have.
I found those Red Hulk scans, too. Figured they werent what we'd want.

Thanks for the others, though!

StiltmanFTW
Is that not a huge outlier, though?

Fought Savage Hulk for days, too wink

Philosophía
I'd go with the team.

I think Aquaman's stock has hit a peak about two years ago, but he has yet to keep it. We'll see how it goes in the following months.

-Pr-
Fought Savage Hulk for days, too wink

...How?

StiltmanFTW
...How?

By not being Aquaman, duh.

1. http://i.imgur.com/mAZ2nBn.jpg
2. http://i.imgur.com/otlgQa2.jpg

-Pr-
By not being Aquaman, duh.

1. http://i.imgur.com/mAZ2nBn.jpg
2. http://i.imgur.com/otlgQa2.jpg

How is that not a ridiculous outlier?

StiltmanFTW
How is that not a ridiculous outlier?

Rhino simply has a nice track record against the Hulk smile

But how can it compare to muscle density being ten times that of yours or mine... el oh el haermm

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111173561/4875935-aquaman+physicals+1.jpg

-Pr-
erm

StiltmanFTW
https://m.popkey.co/7d82b9/a0G0k_s-200x150.gif

Parmaniac
TBF Rhino since his "mental upgrade" had like 3 showings and he hasn't jobbed in any way, in fact he was pretty damn OP.

StiltmanFTW
It wasn't just a mental upgrade - he's also been literally working out, as noted by Parker and shown on panel in the scene with Sandman.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Aquaman

Vs

Colossus
Rhino
Ares
Luke Cage

Trident?

StiltmanFTW
Trident?

In Arthur's anus.

riv6672
It wasn't just a mental upgrade - he's also been literally working out, as noted by Parker and shown on panel in the scene with Sandman.
Gotta try and find that, i wanna see him lift, bro!

Sin I AM
In Arthur's anus.

Naw he stomps in both with it tho

-Pr-
TBF Rhino since his "mental upgrade" had like 3 showings and he hasn't jobbed in any way, in fact he was pretty damn OP.

Okay, so he's had an actual upgrade then? That changes things.

Trident?

I actually forgot about the trident. Can't help but think it would on-shot at least one or two of the guys here.

Sin I AM
It would kill Cage/Ares. Colossus aint half the man he was before cytorrak and that leave rhino.

-Pr-
I haven't read Colossus since the weird reality **** up after the worlds were destroyed. Has he sank much?

StiltmanFTW
Okay, so he's had an actual upgrade then? That changes things.

Even before the upgrade, he'd rape Aquapussy in a few panels.

Parker was partially responsible for getting Rhino's wife, Oksana, killed.

Rhino has lost his shit, forgotten the lessons the Punisher taught him and gone full berserk.

---

Cage grows stronger with every year... the black power in Marvel is incredible. You should know that, as you browse KMC regularly.

---

You're doing a Colossus respect thread, don't tell me Arthur can do anything to stop him.

---

Last notable Aqua-event was Bunn stating on CBR that Aquafans are the worst of them all, insane, obnoxious and intolerable. Congrats.

StiltmanFTW
Ares is the only one I'd consider a real threat

He's the only one who doesn't matter.

-Pr-
Even before the upgrade, he'd rape Aquapussy in a few panels.

Parker was partially responsible for getting Rhino's wife, Oksana, killed.

Rhino has lost his shit, forgotten the lessons the Punisher taught him and gone full berserk.

---

Cage grows stronger with every year... the black power in Marvel is incredible. You should know that, as you browse KMC regularly.

---

You're doing a Colossus respect thread, don't tell me Arthur can do anything to stop him.

---

Last notable Aqua-event was Bunn stating on CBR that Aquafans are the worst of them all, insane, obnoxious and intolerable. Congrats.

#If you're not even gonna try, honestly, why should I really bother? You're approaching that line that will let you cross in to Carbhi territory, and I really don't want that because that eventually leads to bannings.

I'm not trying to sound like a dick. I mean, I get that you're just joking. But it's really starting to seem like it's most of if not all of the threads containing the character.

StiltmanFTW
I'm trying to poke you, so you'll give me some - canon - Aqua feats to counter those of team 616.

And make sure "Rebirth" didn't delete those.

Cage's punches affected the likes of Ethan and Nefaria, of course he'll daze the likes of Arthur.

Colossus has fought the upgraded Juggernaut. And I don't mean Kuurth.

Rhino humiliated the Wrecker, same character who gets wanked every day by Mungi and somehow you don't have a problem with it.

Sin I AM
I haven't read Colossus since the weird reality **** up after the worlds were destroyed. Has he sank much?

Yes and ignore stilt.

StiltmanFTW
Juggernaut Piotr was almost as bad as Gargan Venom and you know it.

-Pr-
I'm trying to poke you, so you'll give me some - canon - Aqua feats to counter those of team 616.

And make sure "Rebirth" didn't delete those.

Cage's punches affected the likes of Ethan and Nefaria, of course he'll daze the likes of Arthur.

Colossus has fought the upgraded Juggernaut. And I don't mean Kuurth.

Rhino humiliated the Wrecker, same character who gets wanked every day by Mungi and somehow you don't have a problem with it.

Are you genuinely going to tell me that you'd take the time to find Manta talking about his skin density thing (which really doesn't matter in the end even if it was true), or that stupid Croc thing, but failed to come across his good feats?

if Mungi was going in to every Wrecker thread and completely derailing it then yeah, I would have a problem with it.

Yes and ignore stilt.

But I don't want to. Stilt is one of the few original X-Men people left on this site. And he's one of what... 2-3 people that knows Colossus as well as I do. And that knows that I actually prefer Colossus to Aquaman as a character. I don't want to have to ignore anyone if I can help it, nor do I want to see him end up like Carver or Abhi.

StiltmanFTW
Are you genuinely going to tell me that you'd take the time to find Manta talking about his skin density thing (which really doesn't matter in the end even if it was true), or that stupid Croc thing, but failed to come across his good feats?

I've seen quite a few, including the one against the mighty Croc, of course.

The trident is the only trump card he has against this team, though.

if Mungi was going in to every Wrecker thread and completely derailing it then yeah, I would have a problem with it.

He was. "He's one-shotted the Hulk", spammed x1000.

Mungi's one of my favourite posters, but really loses it when it comes to obscure characters. Part of his charm.

But I don't want to. Stilt is one of the few original X-Men people left on this site. And he's one of what... 2-3 people that knows Colossus as well as I do. And that knows that I actually prefer Colossus to Aquaman as a character. I don't want to have to ignore anyone if I can help it, nor do I want to see him end up like Carver or Abhi.

Thanks.

Now, the rules say the fight takes place in a featureless environment -- how exactly Arthur manages to secure an advantage against this team? Each one of them is trouble for Aquaman.

DarkSaint85
Trident?

thumb up

-Pr-
I've seen quite a few, including the one against the mighty Croc, of course.

The trident is the only trump card he has against this team, though.

But not his more consistent strength feats, his newly improved healing factor, better damage soak, his fights against herald level characters where he's treated as being on their level as opposed to simply holding out long enough until they put him down?

The trident did give him new abilities, yes, but they just added to a decent amount of power already.

Jesus Christ.

You're welcome.

Like I said, Ares concerns me, but tbh, it's hard for me to sit here and talk about a guy I feel you're legitimately lowballing the shit out of just because you don't like him. If you think the team wins, fine, but outside of Ares, I really am struggling to see how any one of them is a match for him, even if we're going to say that Colossus is the weakest of the four.

Then again, if Rebirth establishes that this is Preboot Aquaman too, his telepathy comes in to play, and that's going to be a major factor too.

StiltmanFTW
But not his more consistent strength feats, his newly improved healing factor, better damage soak, his fights against herald level characters where he's treated as being on their level as opposed to simply holding out long enough until they put him down?

What are his best healing feats? You mean he has regen that's actually effective on the battlefield?

The trident did give him new abilities, yes, but they just added to a decent amount of power already.

Is he still written with that way? Or was it more of a one-time thing, that ice manipulation for example?

You're welcome.

Like I said, Ares concerns me, but tbh, it's hard for me to sit here and talk about a guy I feel you're legitimately lowballing the shit out of just because you don't like him. If you think the team wins, fine, but outside of Ares, I really am struggling to see how any one of them is a match for him, even if we're going to say that Colossus is the weakest of the four.

Then again, if Rebirth establishes that this is Preboot Aquaman too, his telepathy comes in to play, and that's going to be a major factor too.

The one I wouldn't worry about is Ares... he should be a huge threat with his stats, adamantine axe and other weaponry, but disappointed too many times. See his fight with young Namor, for example. He was supposed to be a perfect Wolverine/Thor mixture, as said in Mighty Avengers, but that idea got quickly discarded...

Nobody on the team is psi-proof, so yeah.

-Pr-
What are his best healing feats? You mean he has regen that's actually effective on the battlefield?

Is he still written with that way? Or was it more of a one-time thing, that ice manipulation for example?

The one I wouldn't worry about is Ares... he should be a huge threat with his stats, adamantine axe and other weaponry, but disappointed too many times. See his fight with young Namor, for example. He was supposed to be a perfect Wolverine/Thor mixture, as said in Mighty Avengers, but that idea got quickly discarded...

Nobody on the team is psi-proof, so yeah.

Enough that it makes sure his injuries don't impede motor function and heal relatively decently. He's been shot straight through with energy weapons and had shrapnel go right through his leg, and been strong enough to continue using said parts of his body. He's not Logan, but it's a talent he didn't have to that extent before. For a while he was very much written as someone that could be shot, stabbed, and injured pretty badly without losing combat effectiveness. I'd put that down to better healing, but maybe it's something else? Either way the result is the same.

Last time I checked, having the trident gave him the abilities to use lightning and ice (he's been able to fire ice from his hands and freeze things, for example). I don't know if that's since changed though, as I'm a bit behind.

Who would you say is the biggest threat then?

StiltmanFTW
So maybe it's just a good damage soak, then? Take a look at the Punisher, for example. No healing power to speak of (excluding the angel thing...), but will wade through bullets if he has to.

Rhino's the most dangerous, largely because of the recent change in his mindset.

Colossus should be #2. Still can't believe they had Cage beating him off-panel in Axis...

Facee
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Aquaman

Vs

Colossus
Rhino
Ares
Luke Cage

Ares alone can make this a fight. Team wins, overkill.

I'll give AM the majority over any of those listed on a 1 on 1 basis.

-Pr-
So maybe it's just a good damage soak, then? Take a look at the Punisher, for example. No healing power to speak of (excluding the angel thing...), but will wade through bullets if he has to.

Rhino's the most dangerous, largely because of the recent change in his mindset.

Colossus should be #2. Still can't believe they had Cage beating him off-panel in Axis...

You could call it a kind of damage soak I suppose, but it's still a bit nutty to see how utterly unaffected he is by the shit they do to him. They have no problem blowing holes in him or stabbing him with shit that would kill other people, but he doesn't seem to even get slowed down by it at times. So while there is an element of damage soak, his healing has to be at least semi-respectable too.

I didn't know Rhyno had changed, so that's on me.

Everything about that whole story was shit. All of it.

vansonbee
Got scans of Rhino changes? I want to see for myself how intense his new mindset is. What triggered it? Lost of his wife or something new in the story? I don't follow Spiderman anymore.

carver9
Does Rhino still have that tooth as his horn?

Parmaniac
Originally posted by carver9
Does Rhino still have that tooth as his horn? No that was a one time plot device to take Thor out.

StiltmanFTW
No that was a one time plot device to take Thor out.

I don't know anything about him losing it.

Anyway, his regular horn has pierced Fixit and Depowerednaut, hurt Savage Hulk too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.