Your argument is based on pure intellectual dishonesty.
Let me clarify for the viewers reading this debate not familiar with the ins and out on KotOR what Beni is arguing here:
Because the Star Forge offers a permanent boost to Darth Malak (unconfirmed stance #1), and that said permanent boost is far greater than whatever on-nexus energies that would aid Darth Malak (unconfirmed stance #2), therefore the fact a roleplaying game does not have Darth Malak's stats as beyond game limits means that the permanent boost was negligible (wtf? stance #1), thus meaning that the statement declaring Darth Malak is "far more powerful" than Exar Kun and Freedon Nadd is retconed (wtf? stance #2).
Now, let's address why each of these points are wrong, one-by-one.
Unconfirmed stance #1:
- The only indication of this is a passing comment by a group of Rakatan Elders. These Rakatan have no experience with the Star Forge, nor did any Rakata for tens of thousands of years. What these Rakata know about the Star Forge is primarily based on archival information and legends passed down through generations. They have no first-hand experience of the Star Forge, nor is there any quotes suggesting they have any first-hand accounts of Rakatan who used the Star Forge in the past lying around. I will admit, I once did muse that Darth Malak's amp was permanent, but after I thought about it, the notion soon became laughable (Sasukedc laughed at me too, which made me sad - yo, bro, you're going to like some of the memes I use below).
- Darth Malak has had access to the Star Forge since he betrayed Revan, meaning he has had it for a year or more when he fights Revan on the Leviathan. Relatively speaking, the time then between the Leviathan and the Star Forge is comparably brief. Thus meaning, the amount of permanent power Darth Malak would have gathered from the time he assumed the mantle and the Leviathan would be far greater than that which he would get from the Leviathan to the Star Forge, especially considering he was spending "weeks" of that later time torturing Bastila Shan. Yet, we see the power Darth Malak displays on the Leviathan and it is demonstrably, statistically, and admittedly far less powerful than him on the Star Forge. There is no consistency behind this unless, again, Darth Malak's unconfirmed permanent amp isn't actually a major player here.
Unconfirmed stance #2:
- This argument, as far as I'm aware, and as everyone knows I'm a huge KotOR fan, doesn't even a in-universe comment to support. There's nothing that even mentions the idea of a permanent amp besides the Rakatan Elders. Absolutely nothing indicates this amp is greater than the on-nexus Star Forge amp, especially when considering Darth Malak constantly mocks Revan on the Star Forge how Revan is no match for him here, as in, specifically on the Star Forge:
"You made a mistake coming here, Revan. The Star Forge fuels my command of the dark side. You are no match for me here."
Any honest reader would recognize the above quote doesn't convey that Darth Malak would be similarly powerful off the Star Forge. He's ranting and raving about how powerful he is while on it. Of course he's still powerful off it, but by no means comparatively powerful. Also, if you know Darth Malak, you know he's laughably arrogant. He wouldn't make state that he'd only whoop Revan's ass on the Star Forge if he could whoop it on Tatooine too.
Wtf? stance #1:
- This argument doesn't even warrant a response. If we're going to take stats seriously now, I assure you Darth Malak will be coming out of this far better off than he would with just using this canonical and LFL-approval quote: he would be in league with Darth Sidious, Yoda, Luke Skywalker, etc.
Wtf? stance #2:
- I can't even address this point because I can't fathom the mental gymnastics Beni did just to get there.
So, overall, Beni's argument is rooted in falsehoods, unsupported claims, and overall retardation. Again, within the context of KotOR, the Exiles like Ajunta Pall, Karness Muur, etc., were in awe over the nexus provided by them for the Star Map, which was a laughably inferior nexus to the Star Forge. The Star Forge is one of the most potent nexus' in Star Forge. On it, Darth Malak will be, as quotes stated, "virtually unstoppable:"
"Its shadowed cavities were infused with the dark side of Force, endowing it with evil, breathing life."
--- --- ---
Stats that this forum, nor any forum, sadly does not recognize, but:
If you take "Malak's in game stats as a reflection of his canon abilities," that therefore means you must do the same for all other characters.
That does mean that you have to take other statistics as accurate summations - why the **** wouldn't you?
I assume you'll say that the quote is within the context of game stats, but it's not - it's an independent description of the character.
The idea that you can selectively decide Malak's stats are legit but no one else's is the most retarded thing I ever heard.
That being said, this isn't even relevant. I explained why, above, the stats don't reflect the permanent amp - since that's not what it's referring to.
--- --- ----
Hello viewer, me again. My final point:
I have presented the most basic and straightforward interpretation of everything, backed by a great amount of quotes, and it yields no contradiction.
Beni, on the other hand, is doing everything he possibly can to make a contradiction work.
Even if you don't take the quote seriously, it's clear who's right in this particular circumstance.
That being said, I have little interest of continuing the debate since everyone seems to agree with me anyway.
If you personally agree with Beni, which I don't think anyone does, let me know below so you and I can discuss what's up.
Otherwise, I think this debate is over.