Raiden enters the MCU

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StealthRanger
Strongest character Raiden (Metal Gear) can beat in the MCU, how far does he get?

Round 1: MGS2 Raiden
Round 2: MGS4 Raiden
Round 3: Pre-upgraded cyborg MGR:R Raiden
Round 4: Upgraded cyborg MGR:R Raiden

Arachnid1
Revengance Raiden would beat just about everyone with the exception of the interdimensional or celestial beings. MGS4 Raiden may stop at Thor. Then again, he has better strength feats in MGS4 than any MCU character, so maybe he can make it past.

Psychotron
Peak Raiden is pretty broken. His handling of Excelsus puts him solidly above basically anyone on the MCU Earth strength-wise. He's faster than everyone except Quicksilver, and he's got a sword that cut through opponents on a molecular level. I don't see who can stop him. Maybe Vision by going intangible and attacking from a distance?

NemeBro
Speed kills, and Raiden at his best is faster than any MCU character, while having immense physical strength at least on par with high tiers in brute strength like Hulk. He probably has better strength tbh.

He is, however, essentially just a brick. I'd say he can potentially beat Thor, but Thor could net the win by exploiting Raiden's more limited arsenal. If he could trap Raiden in a thunderstorm like he did the Destroyer he would win, for example.

Psychotron
Thor fights like a brick more often than not. He'd try to go toe to toe with Raiden and get merked.

John Murdoch
Never played Revengeance, but played through MGS4 and seen enough Revengeance gameplay to know Raiden should ghetto blast any one in the MCU up till your Ego/Dormammu/Thanos types. So agreed with Arachnid, NemeBro, and Psychotron thus far. Only outliers are Quicksilver (go into uber speed mode and try to rip Raiden apart), Thor (fly high into the sky and spam lightning and tornadoes), and Vision (immediately go intangible, fly up high, and spam mind gem blasts).

I'm wondering how far MGS2 Raiden can go? If Raiden has his game mechanic armory that he can pull out of thin air, plus a ration equipped in his lower left-hand corner slot, he could take down the street levelers I bet cool

StealthRanger
How fast is Quicksilver anyways? All I remember is he has some lame form of bullet timing.

Could Scarlet Witch take him? Ofc she's physically outclassed but, could she potentially have the power output to beat him

As for MGS2 Raiden, depends on how you compare him to Snake, Big Boss and Grey Fox

Psychotron
Did Wanda do anything to suggest she could take down a guy who takes hits from Armstrong? And there's nothing stopping him from blitzing her anyway.

StealthRanger
I do remember her disintegrating a bunch of Ultron drones. Though they're prolly weak compared to MGR Cyborgs. From what I remember anyways

Regardless yeah, Raiden could just throw his sword at her before she could formulate a thought

Psychotron
Ultron drones were fodder anyway.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.