HQ for the Vaylin and Outlander movements

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rockydonovang
It's time for the new generation of TOR to rise on CV...

Outlander hype:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/outlander-kotet-vs-valkorion-1846978/

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/revan-vs-the-outlander-kotet-1896234/

Vaylin Hype:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/vaylin-vs-revan-1896241/#2

The Clash of the Usurps:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/vaylin-vs-the-oulander-kotet-1896235/?page=1#js-message-7

Feel free to join the movement, tor will never be the same. Sorry Ant smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Any TOR movement is a good TOR movement. thumb up

Not that Ant wouldn't shit on you in a Revan vs. Outlander debate.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Any TOR movement is a good TOR movement. thumb up

Then join the movement man
Not that Ant wouldn't shit on you in a Revan vs. Outlander debate.
I don't think he would sh!t on you though

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I'll join the movement if it doesn't require me to put Outlander close to Valkorion, barring some crazy shit happening in later expansions.

Rockydonovang
I'll join the movement if it doesn't require me to put Outlander close to Valkorion, barring some crazy shit happening in later expansions.
Sure.

Welcome to the team smile

cs_zoltan

You are like the Durant of SW debating.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Durant's pretty ****ing good.

cs_zoltan
Yeah, and so are you based on that best debaters thread. But you both join the wrong teams/movements uhuh

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I mean, if you're calling an outlander/Vaylin movement led by kbro the Warriors...

smile

cs_zoltan
It's the principle that matters.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The TOR movement isn't the wrong movement, tbh. I'd argue it's more fun than arguing for the PT, which is about as fleshed out as it can possibly be.

ThirdReich

When is your Vitiate hyper wank piece coming out? I'm looking forward to it

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Most likely today.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Yeah, and so are you based on that best debaters thread. But you both join the wrong teams/movements uhuh
This has absolutely no chance of hurting the PT era, don't worry, I choose my movements wisely smile

cs_zoltan
The TOR movement isn't the wrong movement, tbh. I'd argue it's more fun than arguing for the PT, which is about as fleshed out as it can possibly be.

That's why it's better. ToR is all about faulty scaling, unsupervised hype and retarded feats.

If the PT wasn't as flashed out as it is I could argue that Ben beats Valkorion, because of the Luke quote that puts him above Sidious and Rivi-anu scaling. But we know it's not true, yet ToR characters sometimes can get away with such retardation because of lack of info otherwise.

FreshestSlice
It'd be great if you provided examples so to discuss, instead of just giving your opinion.

Rockydonovang
bump

Deronn_solo
That's why it's better. ToR is all about faulty scaling, unsupervised hype and retarded feats.

If the PT wasn't as flashed out as it is I could argue that Ben beats Valkorion, because of the Luke quote that puts him above Sidious and Rivi-anu scaling. But we know it's not true, yet ToR characters sometimes can get away with such retardation because of lack of info otherwise.

Zoltan went full retard here, lel.

Emperordmb

Are you kidding me? It's the fact that the PT is so fleshed out that arguments can be made for the era that well.

DarthAnt66
Now that I have the time, I'd be down for Revan vs Outlander.

Selenial
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Are you kidding me? It's the fact that the PT is so fleshed out that arguments can be made for the era that well.

That doesn't diminish his point, though. There should realistically only be more accuracy because of more source material, actual placement shouldn't be affected much by a greater magnitude of sources.

Characters from other Eras tend to have a wider possible deviation. Ascribing them arbitrary number values, it's much easier to say Character A who has plenty of source material is anywhere between an 85 and a 90 in force power. Character B with both high feats/scaling and awful performances in a small quantity of material could be anywhere between 70 and 100.

Sure, 'arguments can be made for the PT era that well' because of ample source material, but the potential for outrageous hype doesn't really exist in the same way it does in other eras. They're essentially just different styles of debate based upon the way each era is presented. It's probably why people arguing for the OT/PT characters tend to get pissed about how flowery, inaccurate and uncertain a lot of arguments made against them can be.

But that's just my opinion.

NewGuy01
thumb up

Deronn_solo
Or how about people argue for who they think woukd actually win from an objective outlook, rather than asign themselves to fictional teams like some sort of sport, lmao.

Selenial
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Or how about people argue for who they think woukd actually win from an objective outlook, rather than asign themselves to fictional teams like some sort of sport, lmao.

Well yeh, but I don't think any of that conversation was about picking sides at all mmm

Zenwolf
Tbh I think TOR should have stopped when Disney changed stuff around, because now...we're never gonna get any supplement material or anything to add...all we have is the game itself and this only goes so far.

I mean sure, there's a few comics and novels...with 1 Encyclopedia, but they don't really cover anything that is usually argued. It's all mostly guesswork.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Selenial
Well yeh, but I don't think any of that conversation was about picking sides at all mmm

That was Zoltan's implication on the first page, lmao.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Tbh I think TOR should have stopped when Disney changed stuff around, because now...we're never gonna get any supplement material or anything to add...all we have is the game itself and this only goes so far.

I mean sure, there's a few comics and novels...with 1 Encyclopedia, but they don't really cover anything that is usually argued. It's all mostly guesswork.
When Disney took over, the Emperor basically flew off into space, and we were told to find them. What a shitty way to end any story. Looking at you, KotOR II.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
When Disney took over, the Emperor basically flew off into space, and we were told to find them. What a shitty way to end any story. Looking at you, KotOR II.

. It's not like BW couldn't have changed what happened with a final storyline if they wanted to finish up. Everything coming later people just wanna throw whatever together and come up with their own conclusions.

DarthAnt66
Zen, I've said this before and I'll say it again:

I've never not seen you complain in your entire history on the forums.

FreshestSlice
Which, as I said, is stupid. There was no way, with the ending SoR established, that BioWare could have easily wrapped the story up, and SoR was before the Disney Legends/Canon split. Second, TOR wasn't even profitable for EA until KotFE/ET. It would be absolutely retarded to end the game there, especially with new movies on the way. Like beyond stupid.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Zen, I've said this before and I'll say it again:

I've never not seen you complain in your entire history on the forums.

How am I complaining? I'm just saying my opinion.

Zenwolf
Which, as I said, is stupid. There was no way, with the ending SoR established, that BioWare could have easily wrapped the story up, and SoR was before the Disney purchase. Second, TOR wasn't even profitable for EA until KotFE/ET. It would be absolutely retarded to end the game there, especially with new movies on the way. Like beyond stupid.

Never said they would have to rush it. I mean as far as playing and the like goes, it's fine, debating though is something else.

FreshestSlice
Okay, so what should they have done that they aren't doing now then? Because you aren't making a bit of sense. MMOs need to expand to survive. More expansions mean more stories. You do not just end all content to make it easier for neets to debate.

Zenwolf
Okay, so what should they have done that they aren't doing now then? Because you aren't making a bit of sense.

I'm writing in the context of debating, not playing.

Edit: Right.

Zenwolf
Abit I prob should have separated posts, hurricane issues leaving me tired. The ending the game part wasn't in any relation to the other stuff(not really sure why I included in the first place), but it seems to turned out that way.

Anyway, I'ma be gone for a lil while due to Hurricane Irma.

Selenial
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
That was Zoltan's implication on the first page, lmao.

Where? Skillz was talking about which era was more fun to debate for, and Zoltan replied why he felt debating for characters in the TOR era was often stupid in comparison to PT characters. Neither of them seemed to be arguing one era's overall superiority at all erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.