Ola!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kes
Hi everyone! I'm not sure what to say I just really like to forum and sometimes felt like replaing so i registered. Any advice to the new kid? smile

yerssot
yes, stay and post wink

always wonderful having a portugese here smile

Kes
hey cool! Thanks. I'm still learning how to work this. My apologies for any bad sppelling. lol Are there other portuguese around? Huh do you know where Portugal is?! lol most people don't. big grin

yerssot
no other portugese to my knowing ...
yes, I know where portugal is
(probably because I live in europewink )

if you have any troubles with the forum here, don't hesitate to ask

Kes
Thanks. Where are you from exacly (?)?

happy kine
isn't potugal near china... wait its near paraguay, thats right paraguay and portugal... wait thats uraguay.

yerssot
see, kes wink

I'm from the mysterious land of chocolate, beer, waffles and kaaskroketten

Kes
Sorry it took so long to reply..lol. Can I be in 2 threads at the same time?

Kes
Funny big grin

yerssot
with seperate windows yes,
mind you, there's a 30 seconds buffer

Kes
Ah ok. Now the chocolate sends me to Belgiem (is this right?the name) but the beer would be more like germany. What's kaaskrotten?lol smile

happy kine
the mysterious land of chocolate, beer, waffles and kaaskroketten... is that belgum?

yerssot
no to both stick out tongue

where are you from happy kine?

happy kine
florida, usa... the sunshine state.

yerssot
not badsmile I like it there smile

Kes
Nice happy kine. How is the wheather today?lol I the water warm in those parts? Your turn yerssot where are you from?

happy kine
i'm in an office (bla!) and i can throw a rock into the ocean (gulf of mexico - atlantic ocean is 3 hours drive away) its overcast right now but still warm. the beach water is perfect.

yerssot
I thought I already said it wink

it's a big mystery, so if I tell you, I have to kill you stick out tongue

Kes
Oh came on you gave us clues! Do tell? eek!

yerssot
chocolate... beer... waffles ... kaaskroketten...
there's nothing more worth mentioning about my stupid country now stick out tongue

Kes
Well I'm at home the weather is very warm for early june but the water is 1hour away and got no car! Blah besides water is cold! lol Atlantic ocean and all! wink

happy kine
i've been through europe a few times... i like holland. i was there when they had some euro 2000 soccer... er... football tournament going on... i remember amsterdam being electric, when the dutch team won it was like when your home team here win the super bowl. but holland didn't win the whole thing. when the games were going on nothing was open and if it was they were glued to the t.v. it was something else, people from all over europe were there, i guess amsterdam was a host city...

Kes
Chocolate is good! chocolate is very good! My country one the other hand as nothing special.

Kes
Yeh that was good. love soccer or as we say football...lol
Portugal actually won agaist Holland if i remember correctly.I would love to go to amesterdam but so far a just kinda cruse spain, france and stayed in london for a bit.
I would also love to go to disney land. that's the florida disney not the french.

yerssot

Kes
Thats where you've been yerssot?

yerssot
I wish! heck of a lot of money!

Kes
Hey yerssot is life like really good where your from? Is switzerland it?

yerssot
they make us believe it is, they're all liars I tell ya! all liars!!!

Kes
So what it is where they play in euro 2000? confused confused embarrasment embarrasment

yerssot
it was in The Netherlands and in Belgium

Kes
I'm right you are a swiss?! Oh come on it seems really cool! kinda cold but...lol My country on the other hand it's like....rich peolpe robbing the poor!

yerssot
I'm not swiss no

been in portugal once, for a day or three, don't remember much of it though

Kes
Yeh that was a good one Portugal should have won! great time we had and that stupid referee was like robbig to the french and says that a shot from 3meters away is stopped by xaviers hand on purppose! mad

yerssot
ah yes, remember it again smile

can't clearly remember that phase but I remember not agreeing with the ref on that one

Kes
Lol was it like long time ago or to wasted to remember...well not a lot to see so! roll eyes (sarcastic) big grin

yerssot
long time ago, before I was allowed to drink alcohol wink

Kes
The guy was so lame! he even said in an interview that from what Portugal did in the secound half they did not deserve to win!!! I mean how lame is that!!! he was robbing for the world champions!!! Besides they where only world champions because the world cup 98 was in france! hey where carried during the tournement! And won against Brasil because the team was all freaked with what had happen to Ronaldo! mad mad mad

yerssot
then you haven't started about South-Korea on the last WC wink

Kes
How old are you? cool

yerssot
you?

happy kine
what is the drinking age in most of Europe? i'm sure it varies if you even have one. here in the US the drinking age is 21 years old

Kes
They played really bad there! I mean the stars where all out of order like Figo and Rui Costa and still they pressed on and let them play I mean we have other good players.! and I haven't a clue has to what Joao Pinto was thinking when he punched the ref!!! lol I mean what an idiot!!! The gool kepeer realy sucks to, never liked him!

Kes
16 in Portugal.

Kes
So young! you are a baby! lol just kiding i'm 20! big grin

yerssot
don't know what Portugal did there exactly though

the south korea team got a LOT of rediculous decisions in their advantage!

it's 16 overhere though wink

happy kine
in the world cup i was hoping team usa would pull the greatest upset in all sports history... but we lost to the germans, they had some great goalie or something... that was the only time i watched your football... and i woke up a 5 am to watch it... i'm a sucker for the home team, no matter the odds

yerssot
Kahn yes

Kes
But you guys can like drive at 16! don't trust them with a beer bottle but trust them with a car! lol

Kes
Yeh his great!!! I still can't believe Portugal lost with the USA! But that ref also had some really wierd decisions! And yes corea was help...all home teams and the good teams like Brasil are! I mean they where carried all the way this last one!!!

happy kine
true... most of them drink and drive anyway... d&d is the most common arrest here. my two little brothers came by my house yesterday (one is 19 and one is 24) they were buzzed and driving around because they didn't want to go home... needless to say i gave them a good beatdown to sober them up.

i think the driving age should be at leat 18...

yerssot
they got through thanks to a redicilous decision in the game Brazil-Belgium, where Wilmots scored using a bicycle-kick, which was rejected for some reason

Kes
Probably the other players head was right there but yeh really bad refs there!

Kes
See here we have to be 18 to drive and it is very expensive, well for most people, to take a drivers license so most people just grab a taxi! And like in the first 2years if you are caught driving drunk say goodbye to your drivers license and wait like over 6month to take it again.

happy kine
here is sooooo sprawled out you almost need a car. especially in florida, there is so much land people build out rather then up...

Kes
But i agree driving at 18 and drinking at 16 still kinda young but hey they don't even check so! and i don't like alcohol so!

Kes
What do you mean?How old are you ?

happy kine
if you want to go to the corner store you have to drive... there is no walking. i'm 27 years

Dexx
hello kes

Kes
lol no walking! how about taking the bus? lol I don't have a car i depend on my dad for that one! Blah and my dad's car is like really long! but a great drive. so usually bus for me except at night when my dad is home and at the weekend! It's all mine lol! eek!

Kes
Ola!! wellcome! what's up? big grin

Dexx
the dust in my room

Kes
lol I hear you! So big movie buff?

Corran
Ola Kes, welcome.

Never been to Portugal it's on my to do list, but I do love Port.

What is worse is that you can legally have a child at 16 but cannot have a drink to celebrate until you are 18. You can legally have sex at 16 but you cannot watch a video that has graphic sex scenes in it until you are 18, how positively Bizarre.

Kes
Thank you.
Yeh you americans have some really wierd rules. Here we can drink at 16, drive at 18, there are a few movies that get 18 rating but noboby checks (is this right) so no difference there! lol I don't think theres a legal age for sex.
Sorry took me so long to reply but I have the flu so sleeped kinda late!

Kes
Oh and to the Port I don't like it! Not big on alcohol.

Corran
Excuse me, I'm not American.

Kes
Oh sorry kinda got that idea from all the laws you said. embarrasment Where are you from?

Corran
England, still silly Laws big grin

Kes
Oh. ok. oh ya You say drive at 18! sorry I'm still kinda wozy! lol I was kinda surprised that you knew what Porto is but hey! You want to come her?! Ah why? What do you Want to see?

yerssot
alcohol of course wink

Corran
I want to go to as many different places as possible to visit different cultures and see nice things, plus to try the local beers.

The European championships might be a good reason to go over, if we qualify.

Kes
Ya 2004! It's not just qualify,you guys are having problems with the fans!
Can't wait to see the knew stadiums (is this right?) especialy the A nova Luz from Benfica.

Kes
We're not really famasous for our beer! Porto is about it!
Hello Yerssot! Hey I forgot one! Holland! Are you fro Holland?

Corran
He's from the land of Beer, chocolates, waffles and cheese croquettes. somewhere between France and Holland

yerssot
you actually translate that into croquettes???? now it lost all it's charm sad

Corran
It's the closest I could come up with in English.

Kes
Ya he said that yesterday. Croquettes what is that? is it that small rool of meat?
Hey I think portugal plys today!

Kes
Man what is wrong with me tosay, my english is terrible!confused

Corran
laughing out loud

Kes
See I can't even hit the right keys!!! :sad:

Kes
Well was right about the game, but it's the kids!

happy kine
eh... here in america we have the craziest laws... each state gets to make the bulk of its own laws. so what you get is consertive states making crazy laws that prohibit things like, oral sex and sodomy (i guess they have peeping toms that watch to see if this is going on). there are also weird ones here in florida... just a few... Women may be fined for falling asleep under a hair dryer, as can the salon owner.
A special law prohibits unmarried women from parachuting on Sunday or she shall risk arrest, fine, and/or jailing.
If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking fee has to be paid just as it would for a vehicle.
It is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit.

Kes

Kes
Hey how old do you have to be to smoke? Is there a law on that?

happy kine
to smoke cigs you have to be 18... all other smoking is banned (pot, crack and the like)

yerssot
why not entirely forbid it then?

happy kine
i don't think any of thoes should be forbidden...
i don't smoke cigs, but they just past a law that forbids smoking in a public place (bars and restaurants). smokers are up in arms... i could care less, do what you want just do it over there away from me... i smoke pot and wish that was legal. i've been to amsterdam and saw how thay do it... we need something like that here in the states

yerssot
invade amsterdam wink

Kes
Yeh I don't some either and I wish it was forbidden in more public places. there is no law that says how old you have to be to smoke, I mean they are sold in machines so! But pot and stuff like that is forbidden! Amsterdam is like really free! Must be cool! smile cool

Kes
That is supposed to be smoke not some!

yerssot
you can always edit your posts smile

Kes
How?

yerssot
with the edit button, next to the online, PM, search and quote button

Kes
Oh ya . got it thanks!smile

Dexx
maaaany tricky gadgets, this forum has

Kes
Yeh lots of cool stuff.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.