How badly does the Marvel Cinematic Universe decimate the DC Cinematic Universe?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
After justice league does anyone believe they stand a chance against big bad marvel ?

TheLordofMurder
I don't know, but I do know that Odin beat the HELL out of Thanos!

smile

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
I don't know, but I do know that Odin beat the HELL out of Thanos!

smile So you concede the topic and once again prove your undeniable obsession with Thanos the greatest comic book character of all time.

playa1258
Too early still.

Silent Master
Originally posted by playa1258
Too early still.

How is it too early?

playa1258
Not seen enough from DC yet.

Silent Master
Not seen enough from DC yet.

IOW, as it stands Marvel would win and you can't bring yourself to admit it.

quanchi112
Too early still. So despite all this talk about how powerful kryptonians are you agree dceu can't stand before mighty marvel despite multiple more films released since then. Awwww poor DC. Dormammu solos.

playa1258
For now.

IOW you can't admit Superman is stronger than Thor and Hulk.

quanchi112
Not seen enough from DC yet. You concede marvel crushes them. Justice league and Steppenwulf won't change anything. It also,looks to be a shitty poor quality film from the trailer. The rumors also make it more laughable with the former director of avengers come in to clean up Snyders mess. Poor DC.

playa1258
For now.

Aimed at Silent Master btw.

Silent Master
For now.

If Marvel would currently win, why can't you just say that?

quanchi112
For now.

IOW you can't admit Superman is stronger than Thor and Hulk. He is stronger than Thor but not Hulk. Thor still beats Superman due to his superior skill as a warrior and his war hammer. Hell, Superman didn't even beat Batman one on one. He stood over his girly chest. Poor farmboy.

playa1258
Originally posted by Silent Master
If Marvel would currently win, why can't you just say that? I already did. They do win for now.

quanchi112
I already did. They do win for now. They not only win they rape the dceu worse than Batman raped Superman.

playa1258
Hulk got beat by Hulkbuster IM. Superman would beat HB IM easily.

Hulks best feat is still the space whale punch which Superman could easily replicate.

Silent Master
I already did. They do win for now.

Why couldn't you just say that in your first post, instead of crying and whining?

playa1258
No one is crying.

quanchi112
Hulk got beat by Hulkbuster IM. Superman would beat HB IM easily.

Hulks best feat is still the space whale punch which Superman could easily replicate. No way. Hulk buster would crush Superman. You're also ignoring the context he was coming out of a hex at the end of the fight.

Feats do not win fights. Superman was beaten by a tower and then a human with an inferior suit than Iron Man default let alone the upgrade Hulkbuster.

Silent Master
No one is crying.

You are. would you like me to quote your recent posts, wouldn't take more than 2 minutes.

playa1258
Debating is not crying. This is nothing but fun.

quanchi112
Debating is not crying. This is nothing but fun. Why would anyone favor the DC brand over Marvel's ?? Explain your shitty taste.

playa1258
I always liked it better. Their comics , cartoons and video games are better right now.

Movies Marvel is clearly ahead. Hopefully DC continues to improve.

Thor and Hulk are my faves from the MCU and I hope Ragnarok does them justice.

playa1258
I played MvC Infinite at Pax West in Seattle and I'm sorry to say Injustice 2 is much better.

Silent Master
Debating is not crying. This is nothing but fun.

Not giving a direct answer because DCEU doesn't have good enough feats yet isn't debating.

quanchi112
I always liked it better. Their comics , cartoons and video games are better right now.

Movies Marvel is clearly ahead. Hopefully DC continues to improve.

Thor and Hulk are my faves from the MCU and I hope Ragnarok does them justice. Marvel's comics are vastly superior with vastly superior characters and a better history.

Movie marvel is lapping dceu and its such a mess. Everyone bashes it everywhere and their vision isn't clear at all.

Thanos as I have always said was the grandest villain of these two companies and guess what their monumental achievement takes palace next year. Even if you cucks get Darkseid he will probably be shit as Doomsday was. Enjoy mediocrity.

Arachnid1
Marvel wins thanks to interdimensional and celestial beings. Take them out and all the other villains and heroes would get wtf stomped by Supes alone though.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Marvel wins thanks to interdimensional and celestial beings. Take them out and all the other villains and heroes would get wtf stomped by Supes alone though. Bullshit. Vision beats Superman. Hell, Batman did. You're such a shitty fanboy. You also cry when talking about the inter dimensional beings and do not want them included. Superman was ko'd by a tower, dummy.

playa1258
Opinions Quan.

TheLordofMurder
Marvel wins thanks to interdimensional and celestial beings. Take them out and all the other villains and heroes would get wtf stomped by Supes alone though.

Quanchi is too blind and biased to see the truth of what you say...

An unleashed Superman (Superman fighting to the best of his ability and not restrained by PIS; thus Superman fighting under Standard Forum Fight conditions) would lay waste to the heroes of Marvel Earth no matter what Quanchi has to say about it...

I'm glad you are able to see clearly; unlike the supremely biased quanchi...

smile

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by quanchi112
Bullshit. Vision beats Superman. Hell, Batman did. You're such a shitty fanboy. You also cry when talking about the inter dimensional beings and do not want them included. Superman was ko'd by a tower, dummy.

You're so biased and pathetic as a debater than you scream 'context' when it comes to a loss by someone you like, but ignore context when discussing Superman losing to Batman...

You are supremely biased and no one takes your arguments serious as a result...

TheLordofMurder

And if you add Flash, The Reverse Flash, and Zoom to the mix, every single hero and villain in the MCU gets Speed Blitzed by the speedsters of DC into utter oblivion...

BruceSkywalker
MCU stomps so hard it isn't funny

playa1258
Yeah the gems are all that is needed right now.

quanchi112
Opinions Quan. No shit the difference is you agree that marvel rapes DC. I win.

quanchi112
Yeah the gems are all that is needed right now. Have you seen the films ?

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
You're so biased and pathetic as a debater than you scream 'context' when it comes to a loss by someone you like, but ignore context when discussing Superman losing to Batman...

You are supremely biased and no one takes your arguments serious as a result... I know the context of his loss there and batman was fast enough to react to Superman multiple times. Superman didn't even critically hurt him. Human relaxes have hit Superman in a one on one situation and despite his power returning he still failed to ko a human in a shitty suit.

I based my arguments off facts you base it off speculation entirely. You're a joke.

playa1258
Have you seen the films ? Talking about what you like better.

quanchi112
Talking about what you like better. You said gems. Do you realize your mistake.

playa1258
Of course but I can't auto correct it anymore.

quanchi112
Of course but I can't auto correct it anymore. Are you envious of the marvel cinematic universe ?

playa1258
**** no.

quanchi112
**** no. So you like mediocrity the DCEU. You're a weird guy, ace.

playa1258
Just like you will never concede Khan can lose.

quanchi112
Just like you will never concede Khan can lose. Look your obsession with Khan's Jedi and Sith kills really have done a number on you. Let his victims rest in peace. Long live Khan.

abhilegend
First four movies of DCEU have earned far more money than first four movies in MCU and Wonder Woman just surpassed domestic total of any MCU movie except two Avengers movies.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/09/04/box-office-wonder-woman-ends-summer-by-soaring-past-iron-man-3/#47fe0f47346a

DCEU decimates MCU. Just better overall.

Bentley
Both suck

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
First four movies of DCEU have earned far more money than first four movies in MCU and Wonder Woman just surpassed domestic total of any MCU movie except two Avengers movies.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/09/04/box-office-wonder-woman-ends-summer-by-soaring-past-iron-man-3/#47fe0f47346a

DCEU decimates MCU. Just better overall. So you're comparing dollars only when the first four movies of marvel happened years ago. Inflation isn't real is it you idiot. You're a DC moron. Critically the dceu is mocked to the umpteenth degree. The only decent film is WW. Marvel rolled out a critically acclaimed hit right out of the gate with Iron Man.

Dceu has pathetic villains and lackluster heroes save WW. The rest are as stale as they come with Superman being the biggest disappointment amongst DC fans. WW is going to the forefront now you idiot.

Marvel has how many movies raking in over a billion ? How many does DC have ? Go online and read all the chatter about the chaos going on at the dceu. They announce all kinds of movies, cancel them, announce more, change the direction of their films (first it was dark and gritty and hey we are different to hey there's humor and let's copy marvel), and now let's announce a million batman properties both related and stand alone with no clear vision or plan to fans. Chaos. Awful. It's pitiful in comparison to the orchestra that marvel is currently conducting going on a decade.

laughing out loud

Josh_Alexander
After justice league does anyone believe they stand a chance against big bad marvel ?

No. MCU has smashed DC in every way...IF AND ONLY IF They manage to make a success like Avangers first film out of the Justice league then DC will be getting right on track. However not enought to put itself on top of MCU.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
No. MCU has smashed DC in every way...IF AND ONLY IF They manage to make a success like Avangers first film out of the Justice league then DC will be getting right on track. However not enought to put itself on top of MCU. I agree they have but I'm saying it is possible for them to turn things around though I find it highly unlikely. Marvel is going on a decade of solid films with a clear vision and plan for multiple phases. DC is a thunderstorm of chaos.

Silent Master
Only a retard would actually believe that the DCEU is overall better than Marvel, when at this point the DCEU has only had 1 decent and 1 ok movie.

abhilegend
Only a retarded MCU fanboy would think comparing 10 years and 15 odd movies to 5 years and 4 movies is in anyway indication of success.

DCEU has earned more money than MCU did if we compare their initial phase. All four movies.

MCU isn't even close to that level of success.

abhilegend
No. MCU has smashed DC in every way...IF AND ONLY IF They manage to make a success like Avangers first film out of the Justice league then DC will be getting right on track. However not enought to put itself on top of MCU.
Just the fourth movie from DCEU has earned more domestically than any solo movie in MCU.

Don't worry, they will be fine but they aren't even close to that level of success.

quanchi112
Only a retarded MCU fanboy would think comparing 10 years and 15 odd movies to 5 years and 4 movies is in anyway indication of success.

DCEU has earned more money than MCU did if we compare their initial phase. All four movies.

MCU isn't even close to that level of success. Inflation you moron. Critically wise marvel is shitting all over DC.

Why is DC panicking and changing their minds left and right if they are so on top ?

This is why no one will ever take you seriously. You live in your own bubble and deny reality to reinforce your own deluded reality. You don't have a single dceu movie to make more than cap 3 or iron man 3 while you have DC icons unable to come close to those totals.

Marvel is both critically and dollars wise on another level. They also are clearly going according to a cohesive plan while DC is changing their mind and announcing all sorts of nonsense to never see the light of day.

quanchi112
Just the fourth movie from DCEU has earned more domestically than any solo movie in MCU.

Don't worry, they will be fine but they aren't even close to that level of success. By under two million thus far and well under both the totals of civil war and iron man three. It's the overall number that matters not just the United States the best nation in the world, dope. Plus that's close enough and inflation.
laughing out loud

abhilegend
Just for comparison, first five movies of MCU.

Hulk : 263 million
Iron Man: 585 million
Iron man 2: 623 million
Thor : 449 million
Captain America First Avenger : 370 million

First four movies of DCEU.

Man of Steel: 668 million
BvS : 874 million
Suicide Squad : 746 million
Wonder Woman: 813 million

There is not even any comparison. DCEU is FAR more successful comparatively by any objective measure.
Even the lowest gross of the first phase of DCEU is more than the most successful of first phase MCU movie.

You can start bitching now MCU fanboys.

playa1258
Adjusted for inflation DC has 4 of the top 7 highest grossing comic films domestically.

Superman 1 even beats out Age of Ultron.

quanchi112

There is not even any comparison. DCEU is FAR more successful comparatively by any objective measure.

You can start bitching now MCU fanboys. Inflation, kid.

You are also leaving out all the marvel films which have cracked a billion while none of the dceu films have even cracked 900 million as well as being critical disasters save WW.

Look on any website and any reasonable person will agree marvel is on another level and are pumping out hits both critically and commercially left and right. Cry more. You're a joke who just repeats himself.

No DC film has made more than either Iron Man 3 or Civil War. laughing out loud

Cap America 3 alone has crushed any and all DC films up to this point. You also have massive online leakage the justice league movie is a trainwreck and brought in joss Whedon to right the ship.

laughing out loud

quanchi112
Adjusted for inflation DC has 4 of the top 7 highest grossing comic films domestically.

Superman 1 even beats out Age of Ultron. It isn't abou domestically you tool. You want to ignore the total numbers to sell your biased narrative. No DC films has come close to Cap 3. Batman and Superman combined were crushed both critically and commercially by Cap 3 alone.

laughing out loud

abhilegend

Superman 1 even beats out Age of Ultron.
Don't listen to MCU fanboys and their revisionist propaganda. MCU didn't started shitting gold from start either. It became a brand name in several years. DCEU is starting to become one too.

These days recognition doesn't makes movies money, Homecoming is proof for that. Brand recognition does. M

DCEU is far ahead of MCU in terms of success if you compare their first phase. Let MCU fanboys ***** all they want.

Josh_Alexander

MCU isn't even close to that level of success.

Don't worry, they will be fine but they aren't even close to that level of success.

Okay several wrong points here.

1st of all. IT can be compared. 1st 4 movies of MCU vs 1st 4 of DC...MARVEL ripped off DC.

The first movie was enough to show that...Iron Man was a bomb; not the samething can be said about Man of Steel...Capt. America and Thor solidified MCU trajectory...BVS and Suicide Squad ramshackled DCs trajectory...They could have made nice profit at the box offices but that doesnt change the fact of how TERRIBLE those movies were...critics smashed DC.

Now, Avangers was the 1st Cherry of the cake,it was a tremendous success both at the box and at the critics. Now when we think about Justice league I can only see a last effort to put the boat to float....They just brought all these characters together which some havent seen at the screen/cinema (Flash and Cyborg)...That could end bad. Also, we still have Suicide Squad and BvS bad taste in our mouths...that will be hard to remove.

2nd. When we consider that 1: DC has the two most famous Shero characters of them all (Batman and Superman. Or atleast had since Marvel Heroes are smashing these ones at the cinemas) and 2: Marvel had his most famous Characters in other compaines (Fox and Sony). We can see how MCU bas manage to stand over DC.

No one had high expectations for Iron man yet it was a success, QUITE opposite for Suicide Squad and BvS.

3rd. You are wrong. MCU has the highest gross profits...

http://www.the-numbers.com/box-office-records/worldwide/all-movies/cumulative/all-time

Highest gross office's of movies ever....Dark Night appears, but since it aint from the DCU...

MCU stomps.

Josh_Alexander
Don't listen to MCU fanboys and their revisionist propaganda. MCU didn't started shitting gold from start either. It became a brand name in several years. DCEU is starting to become one too.

These days recognition doesn't makes movies money, Homecoming is proof for that. Brand recognition does. M

DCEU is far ahead of MCU in terms of success if you compare their first phase. Let MCU fanboys ***** all they want.

Considering they used no so famous Superheroes in contrast of DC which had Superman and Batman....MCU had DC on the ground DC Fanboy.

Josh_Alexander
It isn't abou domestically you tool. You want to ignore the total numbers to sell your biased narrative. No DC films has come close to Cap 3. Batman and Superman combined were crushed both critically and commercially by Cap 3 alone.

laughing out loud

thumb up

quanchi112

DCEU is far ahead of MCU in terms of success if you compare their first phase. Let MCU fanboys ***** all they want. You want to ignore the inflation comparing those films to these recent ones and ignore the later films. You also ignore total box office because you're a DC mark. No one legitimately thinks DC is making better films than marvel has save the people so biased they lie to themselves because they are so far gone.

Both critically and commercially marvel is on another level. Should I go find links in which non biased sites compare the two. Numbers and critics both make the case very clear marvel is on another level in terms of success and quality.

playa1258
Yes Marvel is ahead by a lot at the moment. DC is ahead of the first 4 Marvel films as Abhi pointed out.

Adjusted for inflation DC also does well.

quanchi112
Yes Marvel is ahead by a lot at the moment. DC is ahead of the first 4 Marvel films as Abhi pointed out.

Adjusted for inflation DC also does well. Critically though it isn't close. And marvel has progressed and went on like clockwork with their plans whereas DC has changed course multiple times. Currently no one knows what's going on with the latest DC announcements. It's a trainwreck over there perception wise. And DC has their entire library and more recognizable characters than marvel has the film rights to but still been more successful and created more awareness and success for lesser known properties.

playa1258
Clickbait sites love to spout bullshit. DC waiting to see how JL does and only releasing one film in 2018 is signs they are thinking things through and finally taking their time.

Josh_Alexander

Adjusted for inflation DC also does well.

No. 2 of those films were HORENDOUS! And Two of the Mediocre!

Marvel had all 4 being AWESOME.

playa1258
Iron Man 2, Hulk and Thor were average at best

abhilegend
Okay several wrong points here.

1st of all. IT can be compared. 1st 4 movies of MCU vs 1st 4 of DC...MARVEL ripped off DC.

The first movie was enough to show that...Iron Man was a bomb; not the samething can be said about Man of Steel...Capt. America and Thor solidified MCU trajectory...BVS and Suicide Squad ramshackled DCs trajectory...They could have made nice profit at the box offices but that doesnt change the fact of how TERRIBLE those movies were...critics smashed DC.

If there is one thing you can be sure of, nobody cares about critics. It's all about money.

Suicide Squad was so terrible it made 750 millions. BvS was so terrible it made 875 millions.

Yes, BvS didn't live up to expectations but it was by no means derailing anything. Wonder Woman just became the highest grossing origin movie just after it.

Until it is released, all you can do is speculate. It will not make Avengers type money but then again that was a fluke and hasn't been repeated again.

Nobody cares about being famous. Spider-Man is nearly as famous and his MCU movie didn't made that much either.

It's all about brand name at this moment.

Dark Knight isn't from DC? Can you give the comparison for the first five movies?

abhilegend
Considering they used no so famous Superheroes in contrast of DC which had Superman and Batman....MCU had DC on the ground DC Fanboy.
So how many billions Spider-Man Homecoming did MCU fanboy? It was after all from MCU and he is almost as famous as Superman and Batman.

Less famous characters are making more money these days. Hence why GOTG 1 and 2 made more money than Captain America 1 and 2 despite Cap being more famous and even being in Avengers.

Josh_Alexander
So how many billions Spider-Man Homecoming did MCU fanboy? It was after all from MCU and he is almost as famous as Superman and Batman.

Less famous characters are making more money these days. Hence why GOTG 1 and 2 made more money than Captain America 1 and 2 despite Cap being more famous and even being in Avengers.

Its the quality of the movie and not the Character.

GOTG made more than SUPERMAN DID! DC Fanboy. Facts are facts. Marvel movies are better.

DC had an advantage having more famous Superheroes and is still losing.

abhilegend
No. 2 of those films were HORENDOUS! And Two of the Mediocre!

Marvel had all 4 being AWESOME.
laughing out loud

Only Iron Man was good. Rest were 2 hours long trailers for Avengers.

abhilegend
Its the quality of the movie and not the Character.

GOTG made more than SUPERMAN DID! DC Fanboy. Facts are facts. Marvel movies are better.

DC had an advantage having more famous Superheroes and is still losing.
Yes and that shows name recognition doesn't gives you money.

GOTG also made more money than Iron Man and Spider-Man. How about that MCU fanboy?

Inhuman

Even the lowest gross of the first phase of DCEU is more than the most successful of first phase MCU movie.

laughing Comparing MCU's first 4 movies that features C list characters in the general audiences eyes to DCEU's 4 movies featuring every A lister they have in their roster.

The DCEU also had the benefit of releasing their sub-par movies when comic book movies are popular. Something the first 4 MCU movies didn't have. (They actually created the current comic movie fad)

If the DCEU's first 4 movies were of Aquaman, Martian Man Hunter, Shazam, and Cyborg AND they were released without any help from a current comic book movie trend in hollywood and made more money than the first MCU movies then we can compare apples to apples.

Till then the "BBBut the first DCEU movies featuring the worlds most popular heroes made more money than Marvels first 4 movies featuring C listers" argument is stupid.

Josh_Alexander
laughing out loud

Only Iron Man was good. Rest were 2 hours long trailers for Avengers.

Yeah and thats why MCU is so good. The ability to link movies! Tell LONG STORIES!...NEVER ENDING FUN.

DC however...BvS was just a STUPID FIGHT OVER MARTHA! HAHAHAHAH

Suicide squad was a Horrendous Story.

Man of steel was a mediocre start.

Wonder Woman was a LETS FIX THE SHITTY ERRORs of the previous movies.

Ratings prove Marvel is on top. DC fanboy.

playa1258
Wonder Woman gives you a glimpse of what the DCEU can do when they release something good.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Inhuman
laughing Comparing MCU's first 4 movies that features C list characters in the general audiences eyes to DCEU's 4 movies featuring every A lister they have in their roster.

The DCEU also had the benefit of releasing their sub-par movies when comic book movies are popular. Something the first 4 MCU movies didn't have. (They actually created the current comic movie fad)

If the DCEU's first 4 movies were of Aquaman, Martian Man Hunter, Shazam, and Cyborg AND they were released without any help from a current comic book movie trend in hollywood and made more money than the first MCU movies then we can compare apples to apples.

Till then the "BBBut the first DCEU movies featuring the worlds most popular heroes made more money than Marvels first 4 movies featuring C listers" argument is stupid.

thumb up

playa1258
This thread is proof of the nukefest that will start October 24th.

Silent Master
Typical DC fan boy, don't care how good the movie is as long as it makes money.

Inhuman

The Transformers syndrome

Surtur

Why did you say "After Justice League" as if the movie has already come out? We have only seen trailers, we do not know all the feats they have in it.

You can surely have a fight with all the DCEU characters we have seen in previous films, I just don't know why you're acting like we have anything more than a trailer for the JL movie.

quanchi112
Clickbait sites love to spout bullshit. DC waiting to see how JL does and only releasing one film in 2018 is signs they are thinking things through and finally taking their time. Whedon had to come in and it's rumored the film was pure shit prior to his script changes reshoots. We also here about all these batman films like they are testing the waters on what people want. It doesn't show confidence in their own vision and seems to change depending on the next films success or lack thereof.

Jared Leto is also undefeatable upset WB wants Dicpario for a Joker non Dceu related origin story. More of the same characters we have seen a hundred times over from DC instead of giving us something new and fresh like Gotg with a relatively unknown property to the general public.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Surtur
Why did you say "After Justice League" as if the movie has already come out? We have only seen trailers, we do not know all the feats they have in it.

You can surely have a fight with all the DCEU characters we have seen in previous films, I just don't know why you're acting like we have anything more than a trailer for the JL movie. The Justice league film will obviously feature a lot of on screen unknowns and a new villain so this will definitely bolster their roster. I'm asking does anyone think after this film that this universe could stand up to mighty marvel in a composite war.

Surtur
The Justice league film will obviously feature a lot of on screen unknowns and a new villain so this will definitely bolster their roster. I'm asking does anyone think after this film that this universe could stand up to mighty marvel in a composite war.

IMO the power levels of the DCEU characters will continue to rise, I do not know about how much in this film. However, I expect by the time they reach their version of Infinity Wars the power levels will have gone up immensely and potentially surpassed the MCU. I'm guessing Darkseid will be the overall villain.

IOW: I would not be surprised if after this film they still lack the feats to beat the MCU, but if we get future films that will change.

quanchi112

Less famous characters are making more money these days. Hence why GOTG 1 and 2 made more money than Captain America 1 and 2 despite Cap being more famous and even being in Avengers. Spiderman isn't a Disney film they just added him to their combined universe. Disney used him and made over a billion with Cap 3. Try to actually be aware of what movie studio releases which films. Are you going to bring up xmen films next, dummy.

quanchi112
IMO the power levels of the DCEU characters will continue to rise, I do not know about how much in this film. However, I expect by the time they reach their version of Infinity Wars the power levels will have gone up immensely and potentially surpassed the MCU. I'm guessing Darkseid will be the overall villain.

IOW: I would not be surprised if after this film they still lack the feats to beat the MCU, but if we get future films that will change. It won't be close. Right now even the heroes it's hugely in marvels favor. WW while skilled is weak as **** and she stood toe to toe with Doomsday. She'd probably best Superman who is their physical super hero powerhouse who doesn't come close to the Hulk either.

Surtur
It won't be close. Right now even the heroes it's hugely in marvels favor. WW while skilled is weak as **** and she stood toe to toe with Doomsday. She'd probably best Superman who is their physical super hero powerhouse who doesn't come close to the Hulk either.

I thought in the end she couldn't beat Doomsday? It is also possible Superman will show up at the end of the movie and do something insanely powerful.

playa1258
Flash could tip it big time in the favor of the DCEU JL.

We know he can time travel and will be without question vastly faster than QS.

Josh_Alexander
It won't be close. Right now even the heroes it's hugely in marvels favor. WW while skilled is weak as **** and she stood toe to toe with Doomsday. She'd probably best Superman who is their physical super hero powerhouse who doesn't come close to the Hulk either.

I thought in the end she couldn't beat Doomsday? It is also possible Superman will show up at the end of the movie and do something insanely powerful.

DC seems to compensate the bad quality of storyline with Over Insanely powerful fights. That fight with Doomsday and Ares was a firework x1000 fight. The levels of power in DC side is over Marvel. But Marvel has better stories and movies.

Josh_Alexander
I can imagine how ridiculously powerful will they depict Darkseid. One Omega Beam will create Nuclear explosions! XD XD XD.

Now imaginr when they show the Anti Monitor.

playa1258
Johns has already tweeted about Superman having his best scenes in the DCEU in JL.

Think it's obvious he does something crazy.

quanchi112
I thought in the end she couldn't beat Doomsday? It is also possible Superman will show up at the end of the movie and do something insanely powerful. She stood toe to toe with him but yes couldn't best him. I'm sure his fest will be overrated by the typical DC fanboys.

quanchi112
Flash could tip it big time in the favor of the DCEU JL.

We know he can time travel and will be without question vastly faster than QS. Pfft, Strange with the stone. Is this all you have ?? Pathetic.

quanchi112
DC seems to compensate the bad quality of storyline with Over Insanely powerful fights. That fight with Doomsday and Ares was a firework x1000 fight. The levels of power in DC side is over Marvel. But Marvel has better stories and movies. I disagree. Look at Dormammu and Ego. Hell, even Ronan with the stone could destroy a planet which is far more powerful than anything seen in the dceu which gets exaggerated. We have yet to see what Thanos is capable of as well.

playa1258
Strange needs time to use the stone.

Easily enough for Flash to blitz him

quanchi112
Strange needs time to use the stone.

Easily enough for Flash to blitz him Which he can do. You said time manipulation and basically said maybe I said one marvel hero has already shown this ability. You're a desperate man arguing for a second rate product against the marvel machine. More powerful, more diverse, better quality and better characters in the marvel cinematic universe.

Josh_Alexander
I disagree. Look at Dormammu and Ego. Hell, even Ronan with the stone could destroy a planet which is far more powerful than anything seen in the dceu which gets exaggerated. We have yet to see what Thanos is capable of as well.

I was refering to the power shown on screen

quanchi112
I was refering to the power shown on screen I think I see your point but you do agree that marvel still has the more powerful characters than what DC has despite how they tend to portray their fights.

playa1258
Only the abstract beings and stones are more powerful.

MCU heroes are not.

quanchi112
Only the abstract beings and stones are more powerful.

MCU heroes are not. False. Thor, Hulk, etc.

Batman and WW both aren't that powerful. Superman is overrated but Thor and Hulk both have better feats IMO. Hell, even Drax's durability feats are insane in Gotg 2. What films are you watching ?

Josh_Alexander
I think I see your point but you do agree that marvel still has the more powerful characters than what DC has despite how they tend to portray their fights.

Agree

Darth Thor
Yes and that shows name recognition doesn't gives you money.

GOTG also made more money than Iron Man and Spider-Man. How about that MCU fanboy?

GOTG1 made more than IM1 because of inflation and a huge growth in the international market.

Sony have put Spider-Man's goodwill down a lot, but still Homecoming will make more than GOTG1. Heck It might even get close to GOTG2. Definitely making more than any DCEU solo film to date.

BruceSkywalker
hmmm.. I wonder how the dc fanboys will feel once Affleck is confirmed to have left

playa1258
World wide DThor.

Wonder Woman is going to beat every MCU film this year domestically.

Still all comic films have done good this year.

quanchi112
We care about the total number not just domestically. Gotg 2 is far better than Wonderwoman.

Impediment
Marvel: 7 to DC: 3 on a scale of 10.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Impediment
Marvel: 7 to DC: 3 on a scale of 10.

8.5 dude. Avangers got a 9.6.

Impediment
8.5 dude. Avengers got a 9.6.

Fixed spelling.

My rating is just my opinion.,

playa1258
We care about the total number not just domestically. Gotg 2 is far better than Wonderwoman. Domestic counts too. Guardians being better than WW is an opinion.

quanchi112
Domestic counts too. Guardians being better than WW is an opinion. Domestic counts as does foreign numbers and the total number as well. Do not just highlight one while ignoring the totality of the numbers. I know but I don't see WW as very rewatchable. Good film definitely but Gotg 2 was great.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Impediment
Fixed spelling.

My rating is just my opinion.,

Me too. My opinion.

playa1258
GOTG 2 was a huge step down. Baby Groot annoyed the hell out of me and the comedy was forced.

Part 1 was much better IMO.

quanchi112
GOTG 2 was a huge step down. Baby Groot annoyed the hell out of me and the comedy was forced.

Part 1 was much better IMO. No way. Gotg 2 was awesome. I also thought Ego was a far better villain than Ronan. Both were far better than WW.

Josh_Alexander
No way. Gotg 2 was awesome. I also thought Ego was a far better villain than Ronan. Both were far better than WW.

Agree.

Silent Master
World wide DThor.

Typical fanboy, you care more about money than you do quality.

playa1258
Reallt what I said. I even pointed out that all comic films have been good this year.

Totally only care about money.

Silent Master
Nice attempt at a strawman. more typical fanboy behavior.

playa1258
I'm in your head.

Move on.

Silent Master
I'm in your head.

Move on.

LOL!!!

quanchi112
Reallt what I said. I even pointed out that all comic films have been good this year.

Totally only care about money. Admit marvel is superior.

playa1258
The MCU is better right now. Hope DC can get there one day.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
hmmm.. I wonder how the dc fanboys will feel once Affleck is confirmed to have left

the dc fanboys NEED to answer this

abhilegend
Originally posted by Inhuman

Suicide Squad is hardly A lister. Wonder Woman isn't that popular either in terms of having actual fans.

But it tells how you need to make excuses for why MCU is comparatively behind DCEU.

Sub par movies failed like Green Lantern. The comic book movie fad is created by Nolan trilogy. Not MCU.

Why would that be necessary? You can compare Spider-Man Homecoming right now.

Excuses, excuses. MCU fanboys are sure whiny.

abhilegend
Yeah and thats why MCU is so good. The ability to link movies! Tell LONG STORIES!...NEVER ENDING FUN.

DC however...BvS was just a STUPID FIGHT OVER MARTHA! HAHAHAHAH

Suicide squad was a Horrendous Story.

Man of steel was a mediocre start.

Wonder Woman was a LETS FIX THE SHITTY ERRORs of the previous movies.

Ratings prove Marvel is on top. DC fanboy.
Nobody cares kid. Nobody does.

Only money matters. Originally posted by Silent Master
Right, MCU fanboys don't talk about money.

Silent Master
Thanks for proving my point.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Darth Thor
GOTG1 made more than IM1 because of inflation and a huge growth in the international market.

Sony have put Spider-Man's goodwill down a lot, but still Homecoming will make more than GOTG1. Heck It might even get close to GOTG2. Definitely making more than any DCEU solo film to date.
Excuses, excuses. By that logic, WW shouldn't even come close to 800 million yet it did.

Lesser known characters are making more money these days. Weird but it's what it is.

abhilegend
Thanks for proving my point.
Oh, hey there spambot.

meep-meep
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DUNSo1zvaLlE& amp;ved=0ahUKEwjEyJbB0ZLWAhVi7oMKHUrYAxoQwqsBCB8wA
A&usg=AFQjCNEa7tWGh6b9ek1V1n6ju9PSDr3HZQ

Zack M
Adjusted for inflation/3-d, TDK actually made more than Avengers and sold more tickets to boot.

Silent Master
LOL!!!

Zack M

Silent Master
LOL!!!

Zack M
LOL!!

Darth Thor
Excuses, excuses. By that logic, WW shouldn't even come close to 800 million yet it did.

Lesser known characters are making more money these days. Weird but it's what it is.

Excuses for what? I don't get what you're saying. Wonder Woman is the most iconic and famous super heroine of all time.

You're fooling yourself if you think having Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman on the big screen is the same as introducing origins for Iron Man, Thor and Captain America.

Darth Thor

Spider-Man Homecoming is grossing more than any DCEU film except BvS which was the combination of Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman. So you're point is a fail.

Also you're just looking at Gross and not looking at Profit. The DCEU marketed the heck out of MOS, BvS and SS. And again you're kidding yourself if you don't think that ate into their profits.

Darth Thor
World wide DThor.

Given Abhi is going on about worldwide numbers I don't get why you're suddenly pulling the domestic card when it comes to WW.

But hey if you want to look at it that way, Domestically Iron Man 1 & 2 both sold better than MOS, BvS and SS. Think about that for a second when comparing Phase I's for both.

Edit- didn't need to triple post.

playa1258
WW proves what a DCEU film can do if it's good. BVS would have grossed over a billion if good.

We will see where JL lands.

playa1258
Zach your list us missing Superman 1 which adjusts to over 500 million.

A monster in it's day.

quanchi112
Suicide Squad is hardly A lister. Wonder Woman isn't that popular either in terms of having actual fans.

But it tells how you need to make excuses for why MCU is comparatively behind DCEU.

Sub par movies failed like Green Lantern. The comic book movie fad is created by Nolan trilogy. Not MCU.

Excuses, excuses. MCU fanboys are sure whiny. Even DC fans have admitted marvel is far better today than DC. You're in denial and backing up pitiful films. Batman v. Superman was pure shit. Man of Steel was lame. Suicide Squad was a jumbled mess. WW is the only good film of the bunch. Financially no icons from DC have even come close to Cap 3's dollars. When batman and Superman can't touch Cap 3 you can tell marvel is decimating them at the box office.

Now take the dollars out of it and look at public perception. Marvel has a clear vision whereas DC has changed their minds and announcing all sorts of films that won't ever see the light of the day. Confidence is shattered in the collective universe in today's public perception. This dceu doesn't bode well critically either.

What we are hearing about the state of affairs of the Justice league movie it's more of the same. This is a critical point in their universe and if they lay another stinker it'll hurt the bran even further. The only cure is quality films which marvel has been eeking out going on ten years next year.

Let the marvel dominance wash over you and let the denial suffocate your pitiful self.

playa1258
Oh, hey there spambot. Point out that Superman shifted a tectonic plate in BvS and watch him lose his shit.

quanchi112
Point out that Superman shifted a tectonic plate in BvS and watch him lose his shit. You already admitted marvel is superior to dc. Tell abhi to shut his mouth and just take it like DC.

playa1258
Your OP says after JL. We should wait until then.

I don't think anyone can tell Abhi to shut up on here.

quanchi112
Your OP says after JL. We should wait until then.

I don't think anyone can tell Abhi to shut up on here. I definitely can. The submissive beaten boy that he is won't even address me. He's weak and I punk him all day every day. Do you honestly think anyone from the Justice league film can stand up to Dormammu alone ?

playa1258
No at the moment. The stones and Dormammu give them the edge right now.

The MCU Avengers will not be able to beat the JL I would say.

We will find out for sure in November.

quanchi112
No at the moment. The stones and Dormammu give them the edge right now.

The MCU Avengers will not be able to beat the JL I would say.

We will find out for sure in November. Avengers would crush the Justice league. Vision alone would be a huge probe,m and that's just one member of the Avengers. Justice league look rather pathetic from the previews.

Josh_Alexander
Nobody cares kid. Nobody does.

Only money matters.
Right, MCU fanboys don't talk about money.

This thread does!

Comparing MCU vs DC in terms of profit THEN AND ONLY THEN will dc have an advantage.

Yeah. The first 4 movies of DC made a lot ot money. But lets consider they used more famous characters, and yet they did a SHITTY job. Rich or not their movies were aweful.

Marvel used less famous characters and did an Amazing job. Nowadays theyve made more money than any other movie franchise! No DC movie has earned more than the Avangers. Those are facts DC fanboy.

Ill give you a hypothesis. If Justice league was to be released the same day as Thor Ragnarock would, i could bet you more people would go to Thor. Why? Cause Marvel does better movies.

playa1258
The perception is Marvel does good movies is a big reason why they are doing well.

WW is the first good DCEU film and it will take a couple of more to turn people around.

Josh_Alexander
The perception is Marvel does good movies is a big reason why they are doing well.

WW is the first good DCEU film and it will take a couple of more to turn people around.

It was a good story. But the Villain sucked.

quanchi112

WW is the first good DCEU film and it will take a couple of more to turn people around. But they have done great films. WW IMO isn't great. It's just good but rewatchability not that good. Awful villain and the action wasn't impressive.

Avengers, WS, Civil War, GotG 1 and 2 were great films. They put out a higher quality and no DC film IMO is great.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>