Mace Dindu > Yoda - canon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
Anakin in Aotc: "Don't get me wrong... Obi-Wan is
a great mentor. As wise as Master
Yoda and as powerful as Master
Windu."

all jokes aside, what are everyones' stances on this quote?

Zenwolf
It's just praise, there's nothing really else about it. Anakin thinks highly of Obi-Wan.

UCanShootMyNova
And he didn't think much of Yoda as a combatant.

twotter
In a literal sense, the quote it doesn't preclude Yoda from being more powerful than Dindu within Anakin's thoughts. Obi Wan is certainly closer to the Dindu within said realm.

Even if he is implying that they're the No'1s within each field , Anakin's a snot nosed kid who's credibility walks on tight rope when he thinks himself Yoda's rival with a lightsaber.

Emperordmb
It's just Anakin sucking the Koolaid out of Obi-Wan's dick

Kurk
Originally posted by Emperordmb
It's just Anakin sucking the Koolaid out of Obi-Wan's dick He could've just said he's as both wise and powerful as Yoda but he obviously holds Mace higher in terms of power.

thesithmaster
AOTC Anakin thinks he rivals Yoda in swordsmanship. 'Nuff said.

Deronn_solo
Yoda, during the RotE era was anything, and I do mean anything, but wise.

The dude should go down as the James Buchanon of Grand Masters.

FreshestSlice
The Jedi always have retarded grandmasters.

Prof. T.C McAbe
It sounds more like, Obi-Wan is as wise as Yoda (wiser than Anakin) but not as powerful as Anakin (who is Yodas equal in his mind), however, he is as powerful as Windu. Would make sense that Obi-Wan is on Windus level, power wise.

Kurk
Yoda is like a wise college professor; experienced in just their area of expertise but retarded in everything else.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by twotter

Even if he is implying that they're the No'1s within each field , Anakin's a snot nosed kid who's credibility walks on tight rope when he thinks himself Yoda's rival with a lightsaber.

thumb up

The fact that he thinks Kenobi is as powerful as either of them in the first place should've been a red flag to begin with.

ThirdReich2.0
That Mace is a more skilled duelist and Yoda is a teacher :/

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
The Jedi always have retarded grandmasters.

No one as retarded as Yoda, tbh.

FreshestSlice
They were way worse. The only exception was Kol, and obviously he couldn't be retarded because he had to be an example to Cade.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Yoda, during the RotE era was anything, and I do mean anything, but wise.

The dude should go down as the James Buchanon of Grand Masters.
thumb up

quanchi112
Windu isn't the failure Yoda was.

thesithmaster
Originally posted by quanchi112
Windu isn't the failure Yoda was.

Both failed to kill Sidious, so... yeah. Windu is as much a failure as Yoda.

DarthAnt66
Windu is a bigger failure since he's more responsible for Anakin's fall.

thesithmaster
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Windu is a bigger failure since he's more responsible for Anakin's fall.

Yup. Mace outright rejected Anakin a rank of Master in a harsh manner, and told him to stay at the Temple when something decisive was happen- that something being Anakin's destiny which clearly angered Anakin and made him mistrust the Order. And Yoda was an actual threat to Sidious whereas Mace could have been picked off instantly if the Dark Lord desired so.

twotter
Blaming the alignment of the Chosen One on a black man, fellas? Keepin it real classy I see...

You pigs.

quanchi112
Originally posted by thesithmaster
Both failed to kill Sidious, so... yeah. Windu is as much a failure as Yoda. Windu defeated him then Anakin turned. Yoda just lost. Embarrassingly so. Yoda also failed to put Dooku down. Yoda is pure shit.

thesithmaster
Windu defeated him then Anakin turned. Yoda just lost. Embarrassingly so. Yoda also failed to put Dooku down. Yoda is pure shit.

A massively amped Windu defeated Sidious because Sidious allowed that. I see you have a hard time accepting it. An unamped Yoda narrowly lost after a grueling fight.
Yoda mopped the floor with Dooku in twenty-nine seconds when Yoda was holding back and Dooku rage amped.
Yoda>>>>Windu by canon, Windu>Yoda by fan-fic.

Kurk
A massively amped Windu defeated Sidious because Sidious allowed that. I see you have a hard time accepting it. An unamped Yoda narrowly lost after a grueling fight.
Yoda mopped the floor with Dooku in twenty-nine seconds when Yoda was holding back and Dooku rage amped.
Yoda>>>>Windu by canon, Windu>Yoda by fan-fic.
Lucas said Mace won fair and square in the RotS commentary. Where does it say Dooku was rage amped in AotC? On Vjun an amped Dooku wounded Yoda.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Kurk
Lucas said Mace won fair and square in the RotS commentary.

He didn't say "fair and square". He didn't even say "won". He said "overpowered".

Prof. T.C McAbe
Obi-Wan:
If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman.

Anakin:
I thought I already did.

Obi-Wan:
Only in your mind, my very young apprentice.

quanchi112
Yoda>>>>Windu by canon, Windu>Yoda by fan-fic. There is no proof Sheev allowed anything. Sheev was overpowered and then disarmed. He lost. Windu fought with his own abilities so quit making up excuses just because Sheev lost.

Yoda failed. He admitted it. Dooku escaped. Nah, Windu beat someone superior to Dooku when Yoda failed to even do so. Pitiful is Yoda.

Kurk
Originally posted by Darth Thor
He didn't say "fair and square". He didn't even say "won". He said "overpowered". It makes no sense for Palpatine to have let Mace win because his intentions were to arrest, not kill, him. It would've been quite the risk for him to just assume the outcome would turn out how it did.

ares834
Not at all. He pretty much ends up forcing Mace to attempt to kill him. Plus he can, you know, see the future...

quanchi112
Originally posted by ares834
Not at all. He pretty much ends up forcing Mace to attempt to kill him. Plus he can, you know, see the future... Horrendous logic and laughable when we see how Vader turns on him in Rotj. He didn't see a father turning on him while he tortured his son and was completely taken off guard you dolt. He provided the opening for the rebels to come out on top in Rotj with his retardation and arrogance.

ares834
Horrendous logic and laughable when we see how Vader turns on him in Rotj. He didn't see a father turning on him while he tortured his son and was completely taken off guard you dolt. He provided the opening for the rebels to come out on top in Rotj with his retardation and arrogance.

Strawman

Darth Thor
It makes no sense for Palpatine to have let Mace win because his intentions were to arrest, not kill, him. It would've been quite the risk for him to just assume the outcome would turn out how it did.

I wasn't arguing any of that. I was correcting what you claimed Lucas stated.

Overpowering someone isn't necessarily a done deal win. And is not necessarily fair and square.

thesithmaster
Lucas said Mace won fair and square in the RotS commentary. Where does it say Dooku was rage amped in AotC? On Vjun an amped Dooku wounded Yoda.

Lucas NEVER said that. Silver's blog cleared it up. He was talking about what happened in the scene visually. He wasn't including context.

The quote is in the Dooku vs Windu CaV on CV, but if you want it just tell me and I'll post it tomorrow when I get back on the battle forum.

On Vjun, an amped Dooku wounded a distracted Yoda. In the rest of the fight, a holding back and injured Yoda had a slight edge against Dooku, and when Yoda gave it a bit more effort, Dooku was instantly drenched in sweat and was desperately backing. He fled. The book goes on to state that Yoda would have annihilated Dooku had he gone after him.

quanchi112
Strawman No, you just said he can see the future but ignore when he provided the means for his own death. He came out on top because of Anakin and died because of Anakin's mood swings. You live on a gamble you die by a gamble. He was also caught off guard by Yoda. He wasn't even sure he survived until he saw him yet you claim he sees the future. Awful logic that can be ripped apart.

ares834
Luckily, I didn't ignore anything and you are still arguing against a point I never made.

Can Sidious see the future? Yes. Can he see everything? No. See simple.

quanchi112
Luckily, I didn't ignore anything and you are still arguing against a point I never made.

Can Sidious see the future? Yes. Can he see everything? No. See simple. He didn't see what you claimed either. You can't prove it. He manipulated a broken and fearful man in that situation because he needed to and survived. When Anakin was in another situation he turned against Palpatine. He survived one and was killed in another yet you have the audacity to argue against Windu when Palpatine later died by Vader.

Quit making claims you can't prove and then ignoring when the outcome didn't benefit from Palpatine.

TheNuisanceBird
Yoda is like a wise college professor; experienced in just their area of expertise but retarded in everything else.

This actually gave me a good laugh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.