Darth Vader #5 (Best Canon Comic To Date!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Darth-Vader-2017/Issue-5

Wow, that was really good.

Zenwolf
Was nice, though the vision or whatever...I feel like it doesn't make sense.

So...why wouldn't he do this exactly? There's no reason for him not to do that.

FreshestSlice
How is it hard to understand? This would be redemption, something Vader does not and never has seen himself worthy of. Which is literally the entire basis of this franchise

Zenwolf
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
How is it hard to understand? This would be redemption, something Vader does not and never has seen himself worthy of. Which is literally the entire basis of this franchise

Well he's wanted to kill Palpatine and take over control of the galaxy so..

I mean if redemption is the flip of a switch for him then...ok.

FreshestSlice
Vader obviously didn't see himself taking over the galaxy in that vision. And it's not like he could literally defeat Palpatine anyway. It's symbolic. It's clearly an allusion to RotJ, including him going back to Obi-Wan.

Zenwolf
Vader obviously didn't see himself taking over the galaxy in that vision. And it's not like he could literally defeat Palpatine anyway. It's symbolic. It's clearly an allusion to RotJ, including him going back to Obi-Wan.

I guess, though visions can sometimes have a habit of coming true. Still, fair I suppose, though I wasn't really looking at it as a whole, just that part.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Ant overhyping.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Zenwolf
I guess, though visions can sometimes have a habit of coming true. Still, fair I suppose, though I wasn't really looking at it as a whole, just that part.
Classic case of showing not telling. Palpatine says corrupt the crystal. Vader refuses, thus refusing the Dark Side and embracing his destiny by destroying the Sith. He then goes back to Obi-Wan his real master. By calling Palpatine master in the end, and corrupting the crystal, he's saying that he'll embrace the Dark Side instead. What other meaning could you get from this?

Zenwolf
Classic case of showing not telling. Palpatine says corrupt the crystal. Vader refuses, thus refusing the Dark Side and embracing his destiny by destroying the Sith. He then goes back to Obi-Wan his real master. By calling Palpatine master in the end, and corrupting the crystal, he's saying that he'll embrace the Dark Side instead. What other meaning could you get from this?

I got the meaning, but I wasn't looking at it like it would be 100% all the way through.

NewGuy01
First impression: There's a typo in the opening crawl. no expression

ares834
Yeah it was a great issue. Far better then the previous ones.

relentless1
theres no way Vader beats Sidious anyways so its not as if this could've come true or anything, it seems like it was just the crystal ****in with Anakins mind

deathslash
This issue was better than all of the previous ones put together IMO. I always did love seeing the conflicted feelings that Vader has. He knows that he betrayed everything he ever knew and he knows that he can help set the galaxy right again, but he's not sure if he deserves or even want to do the right thing.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Ant overhyping.

It's Ant and it's halfway decent new canon material. What did you expect. :>

playa1258
Amazing comic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.