At CNN, Retracted Story Leaves an Elite Reporting Team Bruised

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sable
NYT

Great Read

Surtur
Yeah I saw that article too. Kinda funny that they are bringing this up again, essentially reopening the wound for CNN lol.

It is also unfortunate CNN hasn't seemed to have learned much from the incident.

I am also convinced this incident is the only reason CNN and others came forward to correct the 17 intelligence agency lie.

Sable
Well CNN only talks about Russia like 30-45 minutes every hour vs 60. So it's a big improvement. Still pathetic though.

cdtm
It's a bad sign when this shite goes public. CNN must be hell to work for..

I posted that one former reporter who claimed things were much better under Turner, who actually gave a shit about news for news sake.. Then along came AOL, and credibility was no longer a priority.. Bringing in customers through infortainment and superstar celebrities were.

So you have a business model built around anything but solid reporting, and suddenly they start making mistakes.. Gosh, an upper management that doesn't reward solid reporting is shocked their reporters can't report. No one saw that coming.

Sable
Pretty bad news for CNN honestly when the NYT is ragdolling you

Surtur
CNN is like the scorpion from that scorpion and the frog tale. At the end of the day they just can't help but do what is in their nature. Even if it kills them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.