Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Set for a 2020 release. This could complete one of the best trilogies of all time.
Make mine Marvel.

http://screenrant.com/guardians-galaxy-3-release-date-2020/

Flyattractor
Oh? Its supposed to only be a "Trilogy" now?

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Oh? Its supposed to only be a "Trilogy" now?

That James Gunn is going to direct so far... apparently.

BruceSkywalker
Who is James Gunn

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Who is James Gunn

Get with it, old man.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/7859c245fb2b4f31ada41bb8b743eaba/tumblr_n9u6hoZ2Xh1qzjhsto1_500.gif

Robtard
Loved Vol1. Vol2 was good but a step down. Hoping Vol3 goes back and captures the soul of Vol1.

Don't expect it though, with the exception of Cap2, all MCU squeals have been inferior compared to their original films. Though it's looking like Thor3 will deliver here like Cap2 did.

Surtur
So is Yondu coming back or why is he shown?

John Murdoch
I really liked 1, I really liked 2, I'm sure I'll really like 3.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Get with it, old man.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/7859c245fb2b4f31ada41bb8b743eaba/tumblr_n9u6hoZ2Xh1qzjhsto1_500.gif

well you will be dead soon so.. bye bye...

Surtur
Nooooo! Can't be Grumpy if you are dead sad

marwash22
meh.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Robtard
Vol2 was good but a step down.

Don't agree.

Originally posted by Surtur
So is Yondu coming back or why is he shown?

He's dead.

Patient_Leech
Vol. 2 is better on second viewing. Probably even better on 3rd viewing, but haven't gotten there yet. Yes, it feels a little clunkier and forced than Vol. 1, but it's still good.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Probably even better on 3rd viewing, but haven't gotten there yet.

It is. Imho.

But you need to see for yourself.

-Pr-
Eh, I like 2, but I do think it was a step down. For all the good it has, it does bad too. I don't think it's even on the same level as the 1st one, but it's still better than the weaker Marvel movies. I do hope 3 is better though, as I was a big fan of the first one.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by -Pr-
Eh, I like 2, but I do think it was a step down.

Ok... but, why, Pr?

I can agree that the music was inferior (with the exception of Brandy).

But what else? It was a great movie. If it had been the same as #1, you would've criticized it more.

Not saying you're wrong, just want to hear the details.

playa1258
The forced humor, Baby Groot and a weak first half are what dragged it down for me.

-Pr-
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Ok... but, why, Pr?

I can agree that the music was inferior (with the exception of Brandy).

But what else? It was a great movie. If it had been the same as #1, you would've criticized it more.

Not saying you're wrong, just want to hear the details.

Some massive tonal shifts bothered me. I thought they were far too heavy-handed with the jokes, going further than they really needed to. I thought Yondu's arc, while good by the end, felt kinda rushed. ****ing Pacman and that stupid Superman fight.

Also, the gold race really felt like they were only put in so they could do the whole Adam Warlock reveal at the end.

There is plenty about the movie that I like, mind you. It was really entertaining and I wasn't exactly annoyed about it. I just don't think it lives up to the first in terms of writing and the like.

I did like Kurt Russell though. And Baby Groot.

playa1258
I liked Star Lord and he IMO is one of the overall best characters in the MCU.

Yondu was a standout and Kurt Russell was really good.

Villains is one the things the MCU has improved on. Now if they can dial down the forced humor in Infinity War I will be a happy man.

quanchi112
The shitty taste on this board.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by -Pr-
Some massive tonal shifts bothered me. I thought they were far too heavy-handed with the jokes, going further than they really needed to. I thought Yondu's arc, while good by the end, felt kinda rushed. ****ing Pacman and that stupid Superman fight.

Also, the gold race really felt like they were only put in so they could do the whole Adam Warlock reveal at the end.

There is plenty about the movie that I like, mind you. It was really entertaining and I wasn't exactly annoyed about it. I just don't think it lives up to the first in terms of writing and the like.

I did like Kurt Russell though. And Baby Groot.

Jokes were to be expected. You knew it. I knew it. Pacman? Ok, for 2017 year, that really wasn't too much, but I can see how you've had enough of it.

Hey. You can blame many MCU movies for putting stuff like that at the end. Warlock at the end of GotG 2 really wasnt as bad as other endinds.

Anyway, all your opinion. I'm glad you agree with me on Russell's performance, at least. I did not enjoy Baby Groot, btw - kill me.

BruceSkywalker
vol 3 better feature nudity

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
vol 3 better feature nudity

Bruce as always right thumb up

Lots of nudity, asshots and other snacks.

Darth Thor
^ You 2 got a thing for Chris Pratt?

Kazenji
Most likely closeted homo's.

-Pr-
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Jokes were to be expected. You knew it. I knew it. Pacman? Ok, for 2017 year, that really wasn't too much, but I can see how you've had enough of it.

Hey. You can blame many MCU movies for putting stuff like that at the end. Warlock at the end of GotG 2 really wasnt as bad as other endinds.

Anyway, all your opinion. I'm glad you agree with me on Russell's performance, at least. I did not enjoy Baby Groot, btw - kill me.

I don't mind jokes. I do mind so many jokes that they ended up seeming extremely forced at times.

I don't mind Pacman as a thing. I thought it made no thematic sense when he's fighting the man that killed his mother. Civil War, which does have its problems, did that properly.

I just thought the gold people were stupid, even if it was nice to see Mitchell from Stargate again.

Best parts of the movie, though? Mister Blue bit at the start, Yondu at the end, and Drax is definitely the highlight, by a LONG way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.