Margo Robbie: I, Tonya

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sable
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMjE1NjM2MTI4Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODIwMDYxMzI@._V1_.jpg

BruceSkywalker
I hope she is nude

Patient_Leech
I, Robot? Is she a robot? Is she going to be a sex robot like this...

5pKczGG19uo

Flyattractor
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I hope she is nude

Originally posted by Patient_Leech

5pKczGG19uo

You two can just meet halfway and just enjoy all the hopping she will do when ice skating in that little skirt.

PERVS UNITE!

Surtur

5pKczGG19uo

The robot is far far more attractive than the real life Tanya Harding lol.

Sable

You are a ****ing idiotthumb up

Flyattractor
Tonya wasn't even as hot as the Nancy Harrigan(?) chick. She was a cutie.

-Pr-
Was reading about this and apparently, Robbie didn't know it was based on a true story. Made me feel old as ****.

Movie could be good though. Robbie is a hell of an actress with a good script in front of her.

Kazenji
Originally posted by -Pr-
Was reading about this and apparently, Robbie didn't know it was based on a true story. Made me feel old as ****.

I seen that from Joblo on Facebook and people blasted her in the comments saying, How stupid of her etc and It should be part of the job to read up on these things before doing the role

ffs she's young and wouldn't know about all the stuff that happen at the time.

-Pr-
Yeah, she was a damn child. People will whine about anything nowadays.

riv6672
Who's Margo Robbie?

Kazenji
Originally posted by riv6672
Who's Margo Robbie?

You might have seen her in Suicide Squad.

riv6672
Originally posted by Kazenji
You might have seen her in Suicide Squad.
Here, lets just do all these ar once to save time.

https://media.giphy.com/media/PprHjp7DCw4BW/giphy.gif
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/992/407/776.jpg
https://i2.wp.com/www.society19.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/you-amd.gif

Kazenji
Go **** yourself, If that's your main purpose on these forums.

Robtard
I like Margo Robbie, just not sure this is a story that needs a film.

edit: Just read it's a black comedy, so that changes everything, thought it was a drama at first. So this could work, will wait for a preview

Robtard

He's prob having another senior moment, I'd not take it personally

Surtur
I seen that from Joblo on Facebook and people blasted her in the comments saying, How stupid of her etc and It should be part of the job to read up on these things before doing the role

ffs she's young and wouldn't know about all the stuff that happen at the time.

You make it seem as if she didn't know this was a true story until after they finished filming. Is that what you mean? If so, I do agree it probably would be best to read up on roles as an actor, but it's stupid for people to go after her about it.

I understand how she could not know about this event before she got the role, but I admit I do find it odd she could complete filming not knowing it was based on a true story, but meh.

BruceSkywalker
i hope they mention the sex tape tonya made

riv6672
This post is what that last gif was for, Kaz. big grin

jaden101
Originally posted by -Pr-

Movie could be good though. Robbie is a hell of an actress with a good script in front of her.

I thought she was just another pretty face, mediocre actress til I seen Z for Zachariah. Excellent movie and great small cast with her, Chiwetel Ejiofor and Chris Pine.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by jaden101
I thought she was just another pretty face, mediocre actress til I seen Z for Zachariah. Excellent movie and great small cast with her, Chiwetel Ejiofor and Chris Pine.

Yeah, she's really good in that film.

Patient_Leech
Not sure if anyone posted the trailer for this yet or not, but it actually looks surprisingly good. They made Margo Robbie actually unattractive. That's quite an accomplishment.

KuDQOMICfr0

BruceSkywalker
does anyone know if they'll adress the sex tape

jaden101
That looks pretty damn good.

Patient_Leech

Right?

I initially didn't think I would be very interested in this, but it looks like it might be pretty engaging.

jaden101
Right?

I initially didn't think I would be very interested in this, but it looks like it might be pretty engaging.

Looks very much like the dark humour of Martin McDonagh movies (In Bruges, Seven Psychopaths, Three Billboards outside Ebbing Missouri) which I'm a huge fan of.

Robtard

^ That

Patient_Leech
It's getting pretty good reviews...

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/i_tonya

carthage
Another good movie like Shape of Water/Disaster artist that suffers from a limited release.. I want to see this

Patient_Leech
Watched this. It was actually really awesome. Highly entertaining and extremely well done.

Flyattractor
..........mmmmyeah

Kazenji
Not enough Special effects for Fly.

Flyattractor
Wait...was that the Comedy from a few years ago or is this the actual documentary we are talking about?

Not enough Special effects for Fly.

And yeah.....kinda....Why The Fuhh would I want to watch a doc about something I got to watch happen back in the day.

I know this story....didn't care then....Don't care now.

Blindside12
This movie was awesome.

tkitna
It really was a great flick.

Surtur
To me, the victim was Nancy Kerrigan, not Tonya Harding. So I would hope the movie does not try to downplay her role in everything in favor of trying to lay most of the blame on a controlling mother or abusive husband.

carthage
Loved the film

Flyattractor
How much of this is just because of Fan-tard Wanker because this is Marg Rob in the movie?

tkitna
Originally posted by Flyattractor
How much of this is just because of Fan-tard Wanker because this is Marg Rob in the movie?

Margot Robbie took a back seat to Allison Janney anyways so I would say none.

Patient_Leech
This deserved to win for editing. Not Dunkirk.

#snub

Flyattractor
Next you will be saying you ACTUALLY enjoy watching figure skating.

Rick Deckard
Recently saw I, Tonya on Blu. Incredible film, and definitely deserves all of the accolades it received.

I don't always agree with Oscar winners/nominations, but Allison Janney absolutely killed it as LaVona Golden, Harding's mother. Incredible performance here; she physically & mentally transformed herself for this role. She didn't just portray this character, she became the character. I actually think her performance here was better than McDormand's in TBIEM (another great film) and that she should have won the Oscar for best actress.

Prior to seeing the film, I was not that familiar with this case. Sure, I remember it being all over the news back in 1994/1995, but I always thought that TH either actually smashed Kerrigan's knee herself, or had her husband do the deed. Obviously the crime itself was mean-spirited, vicious, and cowardly.

However, the reality re: who did the crime was actually a lot more complex. And, if the events of the film are what actually happened IRL (debatable, obviously), then TH didn't actually want NK to get hurt - she just wanted her to get threatened...maybe?!

Based on the film, the guy that the husband/"bodyguard" got to do this was so incompetent that he actually got the wrong location at first, and then when he was there kept changing his parking place - which was all caught on security camera. All of the people involved here could definitely win the "World's Stupidest Criminals" award re: using credit cards in their own names in the area where the crime took place, Shaun & JG paying the perps. with personal checks in their name, etc. The stupidity/incompetence displayed here was amazing.

Also, JG's friend & Tonya's "bodyguard" Shaun was truly pathetic & delusional.

And, Tonya Harding was definitely an exceptional figure skater. She became well known for all the wrong reasons. However, if the NK tragedy had never occurred, I think she would have become somewhat well-known anyway. If nothing else, at the least she could have continued to skate professionally.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.