Shang Chi vs Shredder

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
Fight takes place in Shang's dojo (land mass = 8 acres). There are man made ponds, giant bonsai trees, and wooden walkways that carry you above the 8'ft deep pond.

Who wins?

deathslash
Shang beats him like a bongo.

Stoic
Originally posted by deathslash
Shang beats him like a bongo.

Really? Shredder did pretty good against Batman.

deathslash
Originally posted by Stoic
Really? Shredder did pretty good against Batman. true, but some of Shang's recent showings actually make me want to put him on a higher level (on average) than Batman. Shang also has chi amping and his striking power is insane.

In retrospect, I was being facetious. Shang Chi does win, but not easily.

cdtm
Which feats raise Shangs stock iyo?

cdtm
Originally posted by Stoic
Really? Shredder did pretty good against Batman.

Wearing power armor. thumb up

deathslash
Originally posted by cdtm
Which feats raise Shangs stock iyo? going to to to with iron fist recently, chpping through Alephs, kicking Rulk into a mountain, managing to look better against Gorgon than Wolverine and Elektra together did, the list goes on...

cdtm
going to to to with iron fist recently, chpping through Alephs, kicking Rulk into a mountain, managing to look better against Gorgon than Wolverine and Elektra together did, the list goes on...

If you caught that in ownage, good to see my posting in a sea of Superman, Hulk, Captain America, and Batman wasn't for nothing. thumb up

Sin I AM
going to to to with iron fist recently, chpping through Alephs, kicking Rulk into a mountain, managing to look better against Gorgon than Wolverine and Elektra together did, the list goes on...

Didnt he lose to gorgon....badly?

cdtm
Nowhere near as badly as Logan and Elektra.

If he got his sword away from him or had the Iron Fist, he may have won.

deathslash
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Didnt he lose to gorgon....badly? he was solidly beating the crap out of him for about six pages and even dropped him to one of his knees before being so winded that gorgon beat him down.

Still much better than a prepped logan and Elektra getting whipped on so badly.

cdtm
he was solidly beating the crap out of him for about six pages and even dropped him to one of his knees before being so winded that gorgon beat him down.

thumb up Shang was ahead on points, and seemed a half step ahead of Gorgon, who Wolverine and Elektra working together struggled to hit ONCE.

Only real reason he lost was because of Gorgon's absurdly high damage soak. And even on that count, he proved Gorgon in fact HAS a limit, by dropping him to one knee (Something that would never happen with Shaggy Man or Juggernaut. And no, Hulk dropping him in conjunction with psychic backlash doesn't count, nor does Onslaught garbage. stick out tongue )

Sub in a heavier hitter who can move equally well, like Spidey or Danny, and it's possible they'd manage to beat him down.

And hell, Shang himself has a 1 in 10 shot at doing it by grabbing away Grasscutter, and cutting his head off with his own sword..

Sin I AM
Originally posted by cdtm
Nowhere near as badly as Logan and Elektra.

If he got his sword away from him or had the Iron Fist, he may have won.
he was solidly beating the crap out of him for about six pages and even dropped him to one of his knees before being so winded that gorgon beat him down.

But iic logan also beat gorgon...solo. so wouldnt that shed different light on the 3 way fight?

cdtm
Gorgon beat himself. He was merking Logan in every way, then for some reason decided to use the stone stare on someone with reflective metal covered claws.

Of course, his stare was never reflected back at him again, even against characters with reflective metal swords..

CosmicComet
They had shredder beat silver samurai in death battle recently.

I was kinda surprised. shredder's best speed feat was better than silver samurai's by at least double.

deathslash
Originally posted by CosmicComet
They had shredder beat silver samurai in death battle recently.

I was kinda surprised. shredder's best speed feat was better than silver samurai's by at least double. Death battle was horribly wrong though, mixed continuities, and highballed the hell out of Shredder...

CosmicComet
Death battle almost always does composite continuities.

Nothing different about that. That's their rules.

How did they high ball Shredder though? They showed the feats they were referencing. Not saying you are wrong, since I don't know TMNT that much.

deathslash
Death battle almost always does composite continuities.

Nothing different about that. That's their rules.

How did they high ball Shredder though? They showed the feats they were referencing. Not saying you are wrong, since I don't know TMNT that much. yeah, death battle is almost always wrong because they go almost exclusively from the high end feats of characters and mix continuities instead of sticking to one version of the character and going from their average.

Mixing the IDW version with the movie and TV show versions is rediculous as it makes Shredder a kind of badass doofus that can't enact a proper plan to save his life.

They calculated based off of the eyesight of the most highly trained figure of a human being. Instead of, you know, giving this guy normal eyesight based reaction speed or even factoring in that he wasn't expecting it and that his eyes were halfway closed. Doesn't that seem like a tremendously highballed feat to you?

That's without even mentioning that Silver Samurai has reacted to wolverine (the same guy that can also move faster than sight). Their conclusion was just based on faulty logic.

CosmicComet
I didn't even notice that part about high balling the eye sight thing. I was only half listening.

Good point.

cdtm
The guy who was surprised was an obese, lazy Tony Soprano wanna be clown. Highly doubtful he was even paying attention when the feat happened.

deathslash
I didn't even notice that part about high balling the eye sight thing. I was only half listening.

Good point. Originally posted by cdtm
The guy who was surprised was an obese, lazy Tony Soprano wanna be clown. Highly doubtful he was even paying attention when the feat happened. If you listen close enough, you can find massive leaps of logic and holes in their arguments most of the time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.