The Great Wall of America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sable
Construction to begin

dadudemon
:'(

What a waste of money.

Why not better fund our teachers and Veterans instead of wasting money on a useless and even environmentally destructive wall?

Sable
As if that would ever happen

Flyattractor
Teachers know how much money that stand to make when they take the job. I don't feel sorry for them. Veterans that actually served and suffered in the Service of this Nation deserve all they get.

Illegals only deserve to get shipped back to where they came from.

BUILD THE WALL!

jaden101
http://www.dvdactive.com/images/reviews/screenshot/2011/8/monstersbdcap6_original.jpg

Flyattractor
Cool Pic Bro.

jaden101
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Cool Pic Bro.

Good movie. Shame about the sequel.

Flyattractor
Was it a Direct to DVD Sequel?

jaden101
Netflix release.

Flyattractor
Saved the cost on producing physical copies.

Smart Move.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by dadudemon

What a waste of money.

Why not better fund our teachers and Veterans instead of wasting money on a useless and even environmentally destructive wall?
thumb up

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Emperordmb
thumb up

I said it before but I will back it up again. If Making Money is the Only reason You went into Teaching...Then You shouldn't be a Teacher.

That is what Politics is for....
eek!

Emperordmb
I mean I'm more so agreeing that the wall is an expensive, environmentally negative, inefficient way of enforcing border security, and that it's not a good idea.

Flyattractor
I mean I'm more so agreeing that the wall is an expensive, environmentally negative, inefficient way of enforcing border security, and that it's not a good idea.

You aren't going to use the Great Wall of China as an example in this are you?

Emperordmb
No.

Flyattractor
That has been used as an example in this debate far to often.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Sable
Construction to begin

https://i.imgur.com/zMXojxV.gif

Flyattractor
Well if Picard is against it , the that is a Good Sign!

vansonbee
You aren't going to use the Great Wall of China as an example in this are you?

Here's an idea. How about we put all those illegals in the wall itself, just like China did with its workers, when they die constructing the wall.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by vansonbee
Here's an idea. How about we put all those illegals in the wall itself, just like China did with its workers, when they die constructing the wall.

Well they like to say that they came here to work...so that would be one way to make it PERMANENT!

Patient_Leech
So he's decided to ignore anything to do with climate change (in opposition to the rest of the world), but at least we'll have a fu#king wall between us and Mexico. Let's hope Mexicans don't know how to use ladders (oh, wait, they probably do because that's how they get on houses to replaces roofs). And speaking of which, who the hell will we have to do that kind of labor that no one else wants to do? It's going to need a lot of doing as the effects of climate change get felt more and more...

Holy Christ can we just impeach this imbecile already?

Flyattractor
The Rest of the World is gong to Hell in a Rocket Powered Hand Basket. Why should we want to be anything like them?

Good For Trump.

BackFire
This is not the greater all encompassing wall that Trump ran on. This is something a bit different and much smaller in scale, essentially replacing the fencing that already exists in this 2 mile area with a "wall".

"To begin to meet the need for additional border infrastructure in this area, DHS will implement a border fence replacement project. This project will focus on an approximately three-mile segment of the border within the El Centro Sector that starts at the Calexico West port of entry and extends westward, replacing approximately two miles of the existing primary pedestrian fence with a new bollard wall. Congress funded the project in the FY 2017 DHS Appropriations Act."

Trump's "big beautiful wall" that he ran on is still not funded, not even close.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
So he's decided to ignore anything to do with climate change (in opposition to the rest of the world), but at least we'll have a fu#king wall between us and Mexico. Let's hope Mexicans don't know how to use ladders (oh, wait, they probably do because that's how they get on houses to replaces roofs). And speaking of which, who the hell will we have to do that kind of labor that no one else wants to do? It's going to need a lot of doing as the effects of climate change get felt more and more...

Holy Christ can we just impeach this imbecile already?
In regards to doing the shitty labor, Americans might be more accepting of the jobs if they paid better. But that's not going to happen if there are a bunch of illegals willing to do it for cheap.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by darthgoober
In regards to doing the shitty labor, Americans might be more accepting of the jobs if they paid better. But that's not going to happen if there are a bunch of illegals willing to do it for cheap.
We just need to start building robots that can build things and mow grass. That will save the immigration problem real quick.

Afro Cheese
I mean I'm more so agreeing that the wall is an expensive, environmentally negative, inefficient way of enforcing border security, and that it's not a good idea. what alternative would you propose?

NewGuy01
Cracking down on the companies that employ them would be a good start.

NewGuy01
but what if it's made of solar panels? SOLAR PANELS, DMB!

Flyattractor
Originally posted by NewGuy01
but what if it's made of solar panels? SOLAR PANELS, DMB!

Build it right and the illegals could eat all the fired birds.

WIN WINS!

-Pr-
Originally posted by BackFire
This is not the greater all encompassing wall that Trump ran on. This is something a bit different and much smaller in scale, essentially replacing the fencing that already exists in this 2 mile area with a "wall".

"To begin to meet the need for additional border infrastructure in this area, DHS will implement a border fence replacement project. This project will focus on an approximately three-mile segment of the border within the El Centro Sector that starts at the Calexico West port of entry and extends westward, replacing approximately two miles of the existing primary pedestrian fence with a new bollard wall. Congress funded the project in the FY 2017 DHS Appropriations Act."

Trump's "big beautiful wall" that he ran on is still not funded, not even close.

Oh, okay, that's a relief.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by -Pr-
Oh, okay, that's a relief.

That reminds me of the old discussion of putting the NG on the Border, but I recall the Leftist Extremist poo poo'ing that idea back in the day for the same reason.

-Pr-
That reminds me of the old discussion of putting the NG on the Border, but I recall the Leftist Extremist poo poo'ing that idea back in the day for the same reason.

Do the NG not have better things to do than patrol the border like JBL?

Flyattractor
Originally posted by -Pr-
Do the NG not have better things to do than patrol the border like JBL?

So what are NG up to when they aren't doing Disaster Relief?

And They are the NATIONAL GUARD....SO lets have them GUARD the NATION!?

Oh and I hope the next time You need some NG Help... They know you called them the "JBL".

eek!

Emperordmb
While I think the wall is stupid, I want to know why some people take serious moral issue with just the concept of securing and enforcing our borders.

Flyattractor
Because The Left wants to remove Freedom and Liberty from this Nation and they want to use the Illegals to do it by swamping out the voting system with them.

Beniboybling
Does this mean Mexico has finally agreed to pay for it?

darthgoober
While I think the wall is stupid, I want to know why some people take serious moral issue with just the concept of securing and enforcing our borders.
From what I understand, it somehow indicates that the country is full of racists. Of course Mexico has a wall along their southern border so I can't help but wonder why people want all those racist Mexicans setting up shop in this country...

Robtard

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon

What a waste of money.

I'm for a wall if it is feasible to do and if it will actually work. Notice I said feasible. I fear he will just try to do this wall no matter what because if he doesn't both sides will rip him apart for it.

dadudemon

BackFire
It really kind of sounds like he's backing off the idea of the wall being a high priority. He went from saying "I'll shut down the government if the wall isn't funded" to "I'll talk about DACA but only if the wall is funded" to "The wall being funded isn't required for DACA talks".

I think Rob is probably right. He's at the point now where he wants to replace some fancing with a more solid wall and say "Okay here's the wall, leave me alone now".

Surtur
It really kind of sounds like he's backing off the idea of the wall being a high priority. He went from saying "I'll shut down the government if the wall isn't funded" to "I'll talk about DACA but only if the wall is funded" to "The wall being funded isn't required for DACA talks".

I think Rob is probably right. He's at the point now where he wants to replace some fancing with a more solid wall and say "Okay here's the wall, leave me alone now".

This is the danger of a the current political climate. I don't want someone to try to fulfill a promise if it won't benefit us, just to stave off folk whining about it., But even the people who do not want a wall would use it as a chance to attack Trump if he didn't build it, that is the hilarious part.

Afro Cheese
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Cracking down on the companies that employ them would be a good start. I agree that is worth pursuing, but that doesn't add to our functional control of the border.

Again, I reiterate the question, for anyone against the wall(I'm on the fence, no pun intended): What is a better alternative for securing our borders?

All I've heard from liberal opponents so far is immigration reform, which once again is not an actual alternative for increasing functional control of the border.

Robtard
Originally posted by Surtur
This is the danger of a the current political climate. I don't want someone to try to fulfill a promise if it won't benefit us, just to stave off folk whining about it., But even the people who do not want a wall would use it as a chance to attack Trump if he didn't build it, that is the hilarious part.

IOW: "Don't insult my Trump even when he fails!"

This is this problem with you people, it's never Trump's fault, it's always the fault of someone else, this time apparently the people who expect Trump to fulfill his promises and desperately want a wall to hide behind and the people who see it as a massive waste of tax dollars since Mexico is 'not going to fcking pay for it'.

Surtur
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
I agree that is worth pursuing, but that doesn't add to our functional control of the border.

Again, I reiterate the question, for anyone against the wall(I'm on the fence, no pun intended): What is a better alternative for securing our borders?

All I've heard from liberal opponents so far is immigration reform, which once again is not an actual alternative for increasing functional control of the border.

We need forcefield technology, stat! And yet I bet if we had the tech to stop illegals from crossing without spending a huge load of money people would still complain.

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
IOW: "Don't insult my Trump even when he fails!"

This is this problem with you people, it's never Trump's fault, it's always the fault of someone else, this time apparently the people who expect Trump to fulfill his promises and desperately want a wall to hide behind and the people who see it as a massive waste of tax dollars since Mexico is 'not going to fcking pay for it'.

And my problem with whiny little shits is they whine even if Trump doesn't want to do something they are against. Instead of being glad, they use it as a chance to run their mouths some more.

Which hey they can do that, but it shows they do not care about the issue...they just care about running that mouth. Anything to have a go at Trump. Which is your right. Just no whining if he wins in 2020, that ship has sailed.

Emperordmb
My thoughts on 2020 is that it really depends on the Democrats and who they pick to run against Trump. I find it difficult to think that Trump could win in 2020 off of his own merit.

Surtur
My thoughts on 2020 is that it really depends on the Democrats and who they pick to run against Trump. I find it difficult to think that Trump could win in 2020 off of his own merit.

This is true, their behavior determines the next president. So far? It is not very good. Lessons from Hilary have not been truly learned.

I truly thought his victory would be a sort of wake up call, but no it just caused them to double down.

Adam_PoE
I agree that is worth pursuing, but that doesn't add to our functional control of the border.

Some people in Africa believe that raping an infant will cure HIV. Can I tell them it definitely will not unless I can offer a cure of my own? This is the same shit argument you always trot out. "Well, do you have a better idea?" As if not having a better alternative means we have to let people rape babies.

Surtur
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Some people in Africa believe that raping an infant will cure HIV. Can I tell them it definitely will not unless I can offer a cure of my own? This is the same shit argument you always trot out. "Well, do you have a better idea?" As if not having a better alternative means we have to let people rape babies.

What an awful place Africa seems like.

Robtard
And my problem with whiny little shits is they whine even if Trump doesn't want to do something they are against. Instead of being glad, they use it as a chance to run their mouths some more.

Which hey they can do that, but it shows they do not care about the issue...they just care about running that mouth. Anything to have a go at Trump. Which is your right. Just no whining if he wins in 2020, that ship has sailed.

Once again confirming that you believe Trump won because people insulted him too much (oh the hypocrisy) and to the point that Trumpers voted on their hurt feelings.

I laughed. Yes, do that thing.

Emperordmb
As stupid as I think the wall is, that's a terrible strawman and false equivalency Adam. A physical barrier could actually be used to help secure the border, whereas raping an infant not only does jack shit to cure HIV, but also constitutes a serious violation of human rights.

Robtard
We already have physical barriers "securing" the Southern border. Turning a fence into a wall that is not manned/watched around the clock will accomplish nothing, they'll simple go through it, under or around as they have been.

Also of note, why isn't Trump worried about our more expansive Northern border? Probably because there's more White people than Brown people.

BackFire

Well since people overstaying visas make up a bigger portion of the illegal immigrant population than does those who enter illegally across the bordered, dealing with that somehow would probably help more than building a wall.

http://cmsny.org/publications/jmhs-visa-overstays-border-wall/

As for security on the physical border goes, I think any number of things would be more efficient than just building a wall.

-Increase the number of border agents and improve their training, and maybe higher pay.

-Improve their tools and the tech used by them to help them find and flush out the various tunnels that get used to transport people/drugs across the border.

-Improving/strengthening the fencing that already exists and has been placed in strategically important places for years.

Surtur
Once again confirming that you believe Trump won because people insulted him too much (oh the hypocrisy) and to the point that Trumpers voted on their hurt feelings.

I laughed. Yes, do that thing.

No what I'm saying is you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. If you are against something Trump wanted and he decides not to do it a person should be glad. They have the right to whine and go after him for breaking a promise, but IMO it is counterproductive.

It would be foolish of me to pretend like the guy doesn't have an ego.

Emperordmb
Also of note, why isn't Trump worried about our more expansive Northern border? Probably because there's more White people than Brown people.
Probably because illegal immigration is a far more prevalent problem at our southern border than our normal border.

I mean, why hasn't mexico built a wall along their northern border whereas they have along their southern border? Must be because they're self-hating brown people who would gladly welcome the whites but can't stand more brown people.

Surtur
As stupid as I think the wall is, that's a terrible strawman and false equivalency Adam. A physical barrier could actually be used to help secure the border, whereas raping an infant not only does jack shit to cure HIV, but also constitutes a serious violation of human rights.

I disagree and feel all our decisions should be based on the way Africa operates, given it is so successful a place.

If you disagree you are racist, all cultures are equal.

Emperordmb
If you disagree you are racist, all cultures are equal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYUDkqyIHm0&list=PL82838WY3mTlJws0sfGLCr7Snrb2qLWGT

Surtur

I will give you the benefit of the doubt here Rob. Do as many people illegally cross our northern borders are they do the southern?

Robtard
Probably because illegal immigration is a far more prevalent problem at our southern border than our normal border.

I mean, why hasn't mexico built a wall along their northern border whereas they have along their southern border? Must be because they're self-hating brown people who would gladly welcome the whites but can't stand more brown people.

Nope. It's a Brown thing and you know it

Surtur
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYUDkqyIHm0&list=PL82838WY3mTlJws0sfGLCr7Snrb2qLWGT

It almost feels like you're judging people for sacrificing 10 yr. old girls in black magic rituals.

Jeez, travel the world bro. Open your eyes.

No I'm jk, these things are awful and abhorrent.

i0W9T1XjPPI&t

Emperordmb
I'm not even defending Trump's immigration policies, and I've criticized them before, but people wanting to chalk them up to race motivated intent is completely baseless.

Surtur

What is the rate of illegals coming from the north vs those from the south then? I am prepared to agree with you if the numbers are similar.

Robtard
I'm not even defending Trump's immigration policies, and I've criticized them before, but people wanting to chalk them up to race motivated intent is completely baseless.

I'm like 99.9% fcking with you, Emp.

But also, pretending like Trump's proposed immigration policies have absolutely nothing to do with bigotry is flawed. From his rhetoric it's clear he looks down on certain groups of people, in some degree.

Surtur
^^^If we had multiple races equally coming here illegally and Trump only focused on the mexicans I'd agree with you Rob.

Robtard
So now it's all about "numbers" now, odd. Cos I'm pretty sure there's more illegal Canadians then say Muslims trying to get in.

But your "it has absolutely nothing to do with bigotry" opinion has been noted and stored.

Surtur
So now it's all about "numbers" now, odd. Cos I'm pretty sure there's more illegal Canadians then say Muslims trying to get in.

I am asking you about the number of illegals from the north. Does it compare to those of the south?

darthgoober
We already have physical barriers "securing" the Southern border. Turning a fence into a wall that is not manned/watched around the clock will accomplish nothing, they'll simple go through it, under or around as they have been.

So Mexico is racist against Brown people?

Afro Cheese
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Some people in Africa believe that raping an infant will cure HIV. Can I tell them it definitely will not unless I can offer a cure of my own? This is the same shit argument you always trot out. "Well, do you have a better idea?" As if not having a better alternative means we have to let people rape babies. So I take that to mean that in fact no, you don't have a better idea.

Afro Cheese
Well since people overstaying visas make up a bigger portion of the illegal immigrant population than does those who enter illegally across the bordered, dealing with that somehow would probably help more than building a wall.How would you deal with that? This is also another one of those things that aren't really directly related to border security. So it might be a good idea, but it's hardly an alternative to the border wall. I say this because, to me, the fact that cartels use the unsecured border as a primary way for trafficking goods and people across is more troubling to me than people overstaying their visas.

Well, I don't actually know if that would be more efficient. The border is massive, and the first two options could actually end up being extremely costly. The last option seems remarkably similar to building a wall, only in certain locations. Either way, I thank you for at least attempting to answer the question.

Let me also be clear, so I don't hear any more crap from Adam: I'm not saying that if you don't have a better idea then that means the wall is a good idea. I just want to understand clearly what our options are. If our options are 1.) build the wall or 2.) do nothing, then I might be more willing to give the wall a try. So yes, it is relevant what other ideas are on the table for dealing with border security. Unless you are of the mindset that we don't really have much of a problem to deal with.

shiv
What is the rate of illegals coming from the north vs those from the south then? I am prepared to agree with you if the numbers are similar.

Emperordmb
But also, pretending like Trump's proposed immigration policies have absolutely nothing to do with bigotry is flawed. From his rhetoric it's clear he looks down on certain groups of people, in some degree.
Are you sure it's not because of factors other than skin color? Are you sure his Muslim shit isn't due to him judging the middle east to have an inferior culture and ideology, and that his attitude towards Mexico when compared to Canada is due to the fact that Mexico is significantly less affluent with more of a problem with drugs, crime, poverty, and lower education than Canada?

You could argue his stances are wrong, or that they're tied to some form of biggotry, but I don't think race has a significant impact if any on this decision making.

It's like people are willing to ignore the nuance of complexities related to different groups of people holding different cultures and cultural values, different proportions of skilled to unskilled labor and crime, and say "Nope! Must be cuz they brown and he white!"

Surtur
I am asking you about the number of illegals from the north. Does it compare to those of the south?

No doubt the number is comparable, after all it would make *zero* sense to bring it up otherwise.

Emperordmb
No doubt the number is comparable, after all it would make *zero* sense to bring it up otherwise.
If it is comparable and he's right, will you boycott Starbucks?

Robtard

^

Surtur's now responding to himself. :/

Robtard
Are you sure it's not because of factors other than skin color? Are you sure his Muslim shit isn't due to him judging the middle east to have an inferior culture and ideology, and that his attitude towards Mexico when compared to Canada is due to the fact that Mexico is significantly less affluent with more of a problem with drugs, crime, poverty, and lower education than Canada?

You could argue his stances are wrong, or that they're tied to some form of biggotry, but I don't think race has a significant impact if any on this decision making.

It's like people are willing to ignore the nuance of complexities related to different groups of people holding different cultures and cultural values, different proportions of skilled to unskilled labor and crime, and say "Nope! Must be cuz they brown and he white!"

If you followed what actually I said, it's clear I didn't say color/race was the sole reason, didn't say it was the main reason or even a prominent reason, just said that saying those factors have "absolutely nothing" to do in regards to his polices is flawed, considering his rhetoric.

Unoriginal
^

Surtur's now responding to himself. :/

Maybe he forgot to switch accounts?

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by Unoriginal
Maybe he forgot to switch accounts?

busted?

Emperordmb
If you followed what actually I said, it's clear I didn't say color/race was the sole reason, didn't say it was the main reason or even a prominent reason, just said that saying those factors have "absolutely nothing" to do in regards to his polices is flawed, considering his rhetoric.
Then bring up examples of his rhetoric and argue off of that then, instead of arguing that a difference in how he regards Canada and Mexico as evidence when there are other clearly more influential factors at work there.

If this is an argument you're going to make, bring up the proper evidence for the claim. I'm not denying that the evidence exists if you can provide it, but the fact that he puts more emphasis on southern border security than northern is not that evidence.

Robtard
Trump's bigoted comments on illegal Mexicans being rapist and murderers, his comments on how some black people are "my black people", his comments on Judge Gonzalo Curiel not being able to do his job because "he's Mexican" (he was born in America btw), his flippery on the travel ban reasons, there's more if I wanted to dumpster dive.

Considering this has come up before many a time and there's really no way you've not heard Trump's comments or at least read on them, it's the reason I didn't cite them.

Surtur
If it is comparable and he's right, will you boycott Starbucks?

Totally, but I'm guessing since the question is being dodged the numbers do not compare.

Robtard
Totally, but I'm guessing since the question is being dodged the numbers do not compare.

It was answered you silly little man. As already noted: your premise on it being just a "numbers game" is flawed as pointed out with there being 100,000+ illegal Canadians and yet we have a bans on countries that aren't exporting even 5% of that. It's either a numbers game or it isn't. Period.

You of course dodged this fact and continued with your flawed premise. Cos you.

Surtur
It was answered you silly little man. As already noted: your premise on it being just a "numbers game" is flawed as pointed out with there being 100,000+ illegal Canadians and yet we have a bans on countries that aren't exporting even 5% of that. It's either a numbers game or it isn't. Period.

You of course dodged this fact and continued with your flawed premise. Cos you.

Those illegal Canadians need to go as well, but as I suspected the number of illegals from Mexico is far greater.

Robtard
And as noted it's not a numbers game, otherwise we'd have "bans" on countries corresponding in line with their numbers of illegal immigrants. Hey, you tried really hard on this one, so C- for effort.

Surtur
And as noted it's not a numbers game, otherwise we'd have "bans" on countries corresponding in line with their numbers of illegal immigrants. Hey, you tried really hard on this one, so C- for effort.

I don't run this country, I do not make immigration policy. So the things you are saying are meaningless to me in that context. You made a comment and it made me wonder about the number of people coming in from each border.

Robtard
You made a comment that the reason was due to numbers of immigrants, now that it's proven faulty you try and distance yourself from the claim. I'm lowering your grade to a D- now. Very poor form.

Emperordmb
So you're ignoring the vast cultural differences and sociopolitical climates of the countries we have bans on in comparison to Canada?

You can't seriously draw an equivalency between Canada and the middle east and suggest that the main distinguishing factor there is race.

Surtur
You made a comment that the reason was due to numbers of immigrants, now that it's proven faulty you try and distance yourself from the claim. I'm lowering your grade to a D- now. Very poor form.

Again: you made a comment and I asked questions about it. Please continue grading me as it tells people all they need to know about you.

Robtard
So you're ignoring the vast cultural differences and sociopolitical climates of the countries we have bans on in comparison to Canada?

You can't seriously draw an equivalency between Canada and the middle east and suggest that the main distinguishing factor there is race.

Regarding our other convo on Trump's bigoted rhetoric, I assume you now agree there is something there?

And no, I'm not ignoring that. "Numbers" was brought up as the reason, clearly it's not a numbers game.

Are you suggesting that the reason we have a ban on ME countries and not Canada is due to terrorism? Or?

Sable
If a wall is already there how is it racist to build a better one? Having trouble following that one.

Robtard
Sable, come on.

Sable
I'm serious man. People say the wall is racist. There already is a wall.

Sable
Who said the wall would never happen?

link

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.