Maul & Savage vs Mace Windu (Sabers only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

godemperortrump
- Mace as of TCW
- Savage as of TCW (Season 5)
- Maul as of SOD

Ursumeles
Mace

Darth Thor
I'm curious why Sabers only?

In any case I think the fight can go either way.

Haschwalth
Depends on how much Mace grew in Lightsaber skill.
He out dueled Sidious.

godemperortrump
Originally posted by Darth Thor
I'm curious why Sabers only?

In any case I think the fight can go either way.

Nah I think Mace is too powerful. But I do reckon Savage can close the relatively small gap between Master Dindu's and Maul's saber skill

Darth Thor
Originally posted by godemperortrump
Nah I think Mace is too powerful.

What TK wise?

I don't think he's shown TK to ragdoll Maul+Opress tbh.

UCanShootMyNova
Maul and Savage.

UCanShootMyNova
What TK wise?

I don't think he's shown TK to ragdoll Maul+Opress tbh.

Think they mean his superior power would transfer to superior augmentation.

TenebrousWay
Probably the team, although I can see an argument for Mace as well.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Windu, ten times out of ten, if this is late TCW.

DarthAnt66
Canon or Legends?

relentless1
Mace didn't beat Sidious so thats out as a comparison, Maul and Savage would kill Mace after a good fight

Unbowed
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Windu, ten times out of ten, if this is late TCW.
SOD was late TCW. Why wasn't Mace able to get an early advantage on Maul despite having what's-her-face as backup?

deathslash
Originally posted by Unbowed
SOD was late TCW. Why wasn't Mace able to get an early advantage on Maul despite having what's-her-face as backup? the fight lasted only a few moments. Not nearly enough time to capitalize on the advantage.

Aayla secura.

Darth Thor
^ Still he has a point. Maul has back up here, and it's not like Windu was blitzing Maul on his own. And Windu had back up as well.

Also given this duo is solidly above Dooku, I really don't see Windu taking 10/10.

SunRazer
I doubt the comic panel accounted for more time than, say, the final stretch of Maul vs Sidious, where Palpatine failed to gain an immediate advantage as well.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
thumb up

Dooku vs. Yoda is another example.

NewGuy01
The comparison is valid, but so what? Dooku with a somewhat weaker fighter (like, say, Maul) by his side shouldn't fare badly at all in a sabers only with Yoda.

Big Gerald
Originally posted by relentless1
Mace didn't beat Sidious so thats out as a comparison, Maul and Savage would kill Mace after a good fight

There's this movie called Revenge of the Sith that you might want to view.

Anyway, Maul or Savage solos if rage amped.

Kurk
If this is legends I give it to Mace 7-8/10 because Vaapad.

If canon, team.

carthage
Mace without much difficulty

Maul is a non factor

Kurk
Originally posted by carthage
Mace without much difficulty

Maul is a non factor Why would you say that when he has contended with Kenobi and Sidious?

Rockydonovang
Mace can compete with and borders on the level of someone who casually demolished this team on Mandalore. He should take it, albeit not as easily.
^ Still he has a point. Maul has back up here, and it's not like Windu was blitzing Maul on his own. And Windu had back up as well.

That wasn't Mace at his peak. By the beginning of ROTS, Mace's "inner darkness", which is what his Vapaad draws on, has increased significantly over the 6 months of the outer rim sieges:

SunRazer
This is TCW Mace, not RotS Mace.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by SunRazer
This is TCW Mace, not RotS Mace.
Ah, didn't realize.

In that case, The duo has a better chance. At this point, we have many things suggesting Mace wasn't on par with Dooku at this point. Mace's performance vs similar opponents were inferior. And we see Talzin stalemating Mace when Sidious considered Talzin to be crap to Dooku.

This all seems to back up Yoda's opinion on the matter, that Mace hadn't surpassed Dooku even as of Dark Rendevous which is a couple of months off from ROTS IIRC.

Not really relevant here anymore but my quote regarding inner darkness got cropped, so I'll repost the full thing:

Credit: Revenge of the Sith
^^^^The key part is the "darkness within" bit.

relentless1
Originally posted by Big Gerald
There's this movie called Revenge of the Sith that you might want to view.

Anyway, Maul or Savage solos if rage amped.

I saw ROTS many times, have you?

Big Gerald
I saw ROTS many times, have you?

Yes, and there's this scene in which Mace Windu defeats Palpatine in lightsaber combat.

relentless1
Yes, and there's this scene in which Mace Windu defeats Palpatine in lightsaber combat.

I've explained this in depth in another thread but the short version is that Palpatine took a dive aka he let Mace beat him in order to turn Anakin

godemperortrump
^ Stop low-balling Mace. He duelled as a 'perfect equal' to Sidious for the entirety of the fight until Anakin waltzed in...

Darth Thor
Originally posted by carthage

Maul is a non factor

Didn't seem that way in SOD.

Rebel95
Could see it going either way

deathslash

Also given this duo is solidly above Dooku, I really don't see Windu taking 10/10. and yet when Maul had back up, he lost to Kenobi (who I think we both can agree is inferior to Mace).

Darth Thor
Originally posted by deathslash
and yet when Maul had back up, he lost to Kenobi (who I think we both can agree is inferior to Mace).

He didn't exactly lose, in that he never once went down himself, and that was a gimped recovering Maul with his chicken legs.

Plus Kenobi in that fight performed better than even Dooku did against the inferior Dathomirian duo of Ventress and Savage.

So clearly a peak performance for Kenobi.

deathslash
He didn't exactly lose, in that he never once went down himself, and that was a gimped recovering Maul with his chicken legs.

Plus Kenobi in that fight performed better than even Dooku did against the inferior Dathomirian duo of Ventress and Savage.

So clearly a peak performance for Kenobi. maul was using a single bladed lightsaber though. And since single bladed lightsabers are much easier to use than double bladed ones, and since Maul and Savage had been through numerous fights over time (allowing Maul to regain a fair amount of his skill) before even fighting Kenobi, it all evens out.

That is a blatant lie. Dooku spent half of the fight literally kicking Ventress (after parrying her strikes), dodging Savage's attacks, and zapping Savage with lightning. Kenobi had to run away and take the fight to a far more advantageous location (in a small hallway).

Darth Thor
maul was using a single bladed lightsaber though. And since single bladed lightsabers are much easier to use than double bladed ones, and since Maul and Savage had been through numerous fights over time (allowing Maul to regain a fair amount of his skill) before even fighting Kenobi, it all evens out.

He had some time but not enough time to regain all his skill.

His Chicken legs also gimped Maul of his peak martial arts and acrobatics. Even more so in that cave.

That is a blatant lie. Dooku spent half of the fight literally kicking Ventress (after parrying her strikes), dodging Savage's attacks, and zapping Savage with lightning. Kenobi had to run away and take the fight to a far more advantageous location (in a small hallway).

Right firstly it's not a lie. The official website states Dooku was "barely" winning. Plus I didn't see Dooku cut either of his opponents up.

So you admit Kenobi wasn't superior to the duo on even ground. Great, so why pretend the Florrum cave fight proves anything about Windu vs the Brothers in peak form and in a neutral environment?

relentless1
Originally posted by godemperortrump
^ Stop low-balling Mace. He duelled as a 'perfect equal' to Sidious for the entirety of the fight until Anakin waltzed in...

lol where in the film does it say that they are perfect equals?? quit making shit up

Rebel95
In sabers only the brothers would probably overwhelm Mace, unless he can take out one of them at the start.

Darth Thor
lol where in the film does it say that they are perfect equals?? quit making shit up

Yeah Nick Gillard still ranks Sidious above Mace.

relentless1
Yeah Nick Gillard still ranks Sidious above Mace.

thank you, Mace gets bisected

Big Gerald
I've explained this in depth in another thread but the short version is that Palpatine took a dive aka he let Mace beat him in order to turn Anakin

What quotation confirms this?

relentless1
What quotation confirms this?

heres my in depth post from a Mace vs Sidious thread:

Palpatine let Mace win; he wanted to put Anakin into a do or die situation where he'd have to pick either Palpatine and in essence his wifes life or the Jedi. the facts support this:

1. He ALLOWS Anakin to go and tell Mace that he is Sidious, he in fact encourages this.

2. While Anakin is in the meditation chamber Sidious is heard communicating to him the urgency of his life; if Palpatine dies; so does Padme.

3. Sidious effortlessly kills 3 Jedi masters who are all said to be the best swordsmen in the order.

4. He had Mace at blade point and didn't press the attack; this shows that he's trying to prolong the fight until Anakin can arrive.

5. When Mace "disarms" Sidious it just so happens to coincide EXACTLY with Anakin entering the room; all Anakin sees is Mace holding his blade to a frail scared old man trying to back away from the conflict. If you watch the film this is blatantly clear that when Anakin enters the room Sidious had JUST been disarmed and was scampering away from Mace.

6. Only when Mace tries to arrest Sidious does he actually attack with his lightning, again he's trying to force a decision from Anakin and being jailed wont produce that effect, only after the lightning attack does Mace resolve to kill Palpatine and finally force Anakins hand.

7. Sidious plays possum, claiming that his powers are weak and goading Anakin into action; once Anakin makes his fateful decision, Sidious springs back into action killing Mace.

And for those claiming that this is all too convenient, its well established that Sidious can see into the future and change his plans accordingly; this ability may have failed him come RTOJ but he was in his prime for this during the events of his ascension.

Last edited by relentless1 on Mar 30th, 2017 at 04:52 PM

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.