Amazon deletes one-star reviews of Hillary Clinton's new book

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sable
The Fix Is In

Surtur
Okay this is odd because I'm torn. I get criticizing her and there is a lot to criticize, but I don't think you should be leaving reviews for a book you do not own.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Surtur
Okay this is odd because I'm torn. I get criticizing her and there is a lot to criticize, but I don't think you should be leaving reviews for a book you do not own.

Perhaps creating a quiz people have to pass with 60% or better that's specific to the book before you're allowed to submit a review?

lol

Let's do that for elections, too. smile Gotta know 60% of all campaign talking points and general American Civics for your vote to count.

Surtur
Originally posted by dadudemon
Perhaps creating a quiz people have to pass with 60% or better that's specific to the book before you're allowed to submit a review?

lol

Let's do that for elections, too. smile Gotta know 60% of all campaign talking points and general American Civics for your vote to count.

No, but in the article it says this:

"The online retail giant has a "verified purchase" option to signpost whether reviewers have bought a product, and none of the 42 reviewers leaving comments on Tuesday had done so."

If they have a way of knowing if you bought it...

Beniboybling

lol

Let's do that for elections, too. smile Gotta know 60% of all campaign talking points and general American Civics for your vote to count. he gotcha

shiv
stronger ratings

stronger sales

amazon have shit to sell

dadudemon
Originally posted by Surtur
No, but in the article it says this:

"The online retail giant has a "verified purchase" option to signpost whether reviewers have bought a product, and none of the 42 reviewers leaving comments on Tuesday had done so."

If they have a way of knowing if you bought it...

Yeah, I skipped over that being a viable solution because it's not. This happened with several "things" recently where people bought something just to crap on it, online.

Specifically, that means people could buy the book and not read it and rate it.

However, a libertarian would say that you should be able to buy something, not use it, and vote it as bad because you bought it and should get to vote with your dollars.

Tier 1: Anyone with an Amazon account can review any product at any time.

Tier 2: Only those who are verified purchasers can review products.

Tier 3: Only those that can pass a quiz that is specific to the product can review it.

Tier 3 would probably narrow the number of people eligible to review a product, however, those that researched it enough could review. So it is not the best or catch-all.

Surtur
Yeah, I skipped over that being a viable solution because it's not. This happened with several "things" recently where people bought something just to crap on it, online.

Specifically, that means people could buy the book and not read it and rate it.

However, a libertarian would say that you should be able to buy something, not use it, and vote it as bad because you bought it and should get to vote with your dollars.

Tier 1: Anyone with an Amazon account can review any product at any time.

Tier 2: Only those who are verified purchasers can review products.

Tier 3: Only those that can pass a quiz that is specific to the product can review it.

Tier 3 would probably narrow the number of people eligible to review a product, however, those that researched it enough could review. So it is not the best or catch-all.

Okay. and now I'm going to call bullshit on Amazon because now actual confirmed buyer reviews are being deleted too lol. Sad.

This is the same side that is always saying Trump is the one who will bring us into 1984. Whoops.

Flyattractor

lol

Am all for that. That would cut down on a Large % of Leftist Voters.

Surtur
I actually looked through some of the reviews. A lot of verified purchases with 1-2 star reviews claiming they have had to put them up multiple times.

How sad is this?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.