College Park MD Legalizes Illegal Immigrants and non citizens to vote

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sable
Link

Surtur
Can you name any other countries I can go to illegally and vote in?

This question is open to anyone, name it.

Flyattractor
Trump should just be cut off from the rest of the U.S and made its own country. And then Trump should use the Military to invade College Park...

BWAAHAHAH!!!!!

jaden101
Originally posted by Surtur

Pick any tinpot dictatorship that uses elections as a veneer of democracy.

Surtur
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Trump should just be cut off from the rest of the U.S and made its own country. And then Trump should use the Military to invade College Park...

BWAAHAHAH!!!!!

Looking at all the SJW shit though...it DOES fit this would happen in a place with the word "college" in its name lol.

Sable
Originally posted by jaden101
Pick any tinpot dictatorship that uses elections as a veneer of democracy.

Sure thing. China, but they don't allow this.

Flyattractor
Looking at all the SJW shit though...it DOES fit this would happen in a place with the word "college" in its name lol.

Yeah True Dat! It would be fun to see them all screaming "THIS IS A SAFE PLACE,THIS IS A SAFE PLACE!!" as The Trump Tanks rolled in to restore LAW AND ORDER!!!!!!!!

BWAHAHAH!!!

shiv

Every single country on the planet

Except

And this is a big exception:

Saudi Arabia and countries like Saudi Arabia where they have no elections, have never had elections and are not going to have elections anytime soon.

Surtur
Originally posted by shiv

Except

Saudi Arabia and countries like Saudi Arabia where they have no elections, have never had elections and are not going to have elections anytime soon.

Truly? Well damn. I thought we were supposed to be above those other countries.

Flyattractor
Truly? Well damn. I thought we were supposed to be above those other countries.

Not after 8 year of Obama.

darthgoober

Except

Really because this...

http://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/faq/voting-and-registration/who-is-eligible-to-vote-at-a-uk-general-election

...says that you at the least you have to be a qualifying commonwealth citizen of the UK. I know that such a classification extends beyond actual citizens of the UK, but it's not something that's just open to everyone. I doubt someone from Mexico could go there illegally and vote in their elections for instance.

darthgoober
And according to this...

https://www.angloinfo.com/how-to/brazil/moving/voting

...non Brazilians(including those with permanent residency) can't vote in Brazil.

So did you just assume it as like that everywhere or what?

Emperordmb
This is stupid, and should be struck down by the Judiciary.

shiv
There are laws against smuggling

There are age restriction laws linked to licensing for books, music, video, games and venues

Well there are laws

There are laws against homicide, slavery, and insider trading

There are lawbreakers

This is where I'd explain how to vote in every single one of the G8.

But I'm not going to do that.

darthgoober
There are laws against smuggling

There are age restriction laws linked to licensing for books, music, video, games and venues

Well there are laws

There are laws against homicide, slavery, and insider trading

There are lawbreakers

This is where I'd explain how to vote in every single one of the G8.

But I'm not going to do that.
Ah so you were saying that illegals are ALLOWED to vote everywhere, but rather that they can cheat to do it? Well I won't dispute that in the slightest, but I'm fairly sure that Surt's question was intended to mean which other countries could one visit illegally but be allowed to legally vote in their elections.

shiv
The answer of course is crime

Flyattractor
Illegals are allowed to vote everywhere...just as long as they don't get caught.

Surtur
Originally posted by Emperordmb
This is stupid, and should be struck down by the Judiciary.

If they tried to do that people would shout racism.

Bentley
I can see some benefit and reasoning in allowing long term residents without a citizenship to vote.

Illegal immigrants? If you so want them to stay in the territory make them legal instead.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Bentley
I can see some benefit and reasoning in allowing long term residents without a citizenship to vote.

Illegal immigrants? If you so want them to stay in the territory make them legal instead.

Nope. They chose a CRIMINAL Path to come here. They should NEVER be allowed to Vote. 2nd class Citizen ship at best.

No Excuses.

Sable
Originally posted by Bentley

But that isn't the law, if non citizens can come here and vote, whats the benefit of being a citizen?

cdtm
Originally posted by Sable
Link

This is actually pretty common at the local level.

The trick is, citizenship requirements only apply to the federal level. State/local can pretty much do what they want.

Sable
IIrc a well respected source used by the LA times in the past 2016 election said that at least 800,000-1,000,000 non citizens could of or did vote in CA.

Flyattractor
And guess who they voted for!

Surtur
Originally posted by cdtm
This is actually pretty common at the local level.

The trick is, citizenship requirements only apply to the federal level. State/local can pretty much do what they want.

It makes me wonder how the people who worked hard to come here legally feel.

Surtur
Lol!

Is It Racist? Maryland Officials Dare To Dis-Allow Non-Citizens From Voting

"As The Hill reports, the charter amendment - allowing undocumented immigrants, green-card holders, and immigrants with student visas to vote in municipal elections - was thought to have passed on Tuesday.

However, while the council voted in favor of the proposal by a 4-3 margin, a change to the city's charter in June requires changes receive at least six affirmative votes, the city explained in a press release Friday night.

College Park Mayor Patrick Wojahn shared the update Friday night on Facebook, saying

"It is with a considerable degree of embarrassment and regret that I share this announcement from the city regarding the proposed charter resolution to allow voting by non-citizens in College Park.

I accept my fair share of responsibility for not realizing the impact of recent charter amendments on this issue."

Aw, too bad, so sad.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.