Smaug vs. Night King

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
How does the Night King fare against Smaug ?

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by quanchi112
How does the Night King fare against Smaug ? [/QUOTE

Night King Takes this one easily!

quanchi112
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
How does the Night King fare against Smaug ? I see this far differently.

Josh_Alexander
I see this far differently.

And why is that?

quanchi112
And why is that? Smaug is aware of the Night King. The Night King only took out a completely unaware dragon. Drogon was aware and he dodged. Night King doesn't move quick enough to launch two spears. Once he misses he's done for. Smaug will physically tear him apart.

Josh_Alexander
Smaug is aware of the Night King. The Night King only took out a completely unaware dragon. Drogon was aware and he dodged. Night King doesn't move quick enough to launch two spears. Once he misses he's done for. Smaug will physically tear him apart.

Smaug would have to get close.

NK is smart and patient.

Once he gets close, One ice spear is enough to bring him down.

quanchi112
Smaug would have to get close.

NK is smart and patient.

Once he gets close, One ice spear is enough to bring him down. Night King missed. As I said he didn't even hit Drogon which would have downed the queen, etc. he chose the other target which was not a smart move. Once a dragon was aware he missed. This is also with the entire horde distracting three dragons. One on one Smaug would come for him. Once he'd miss he's a goner.

Josh_Alexander
Night King missed. As I said he didn't even hit Drogon which would have downed the queen, etc. he chose the other target which was not a smart move. Once a dragon was aware he missed. This is also with the entire horde distracting three dragons. One on one Smaug would come for him. Once he'd miss he's a goner.

Drogon was runnig away!

The Night King did a fast Shot to bring him down! And the dragon was moving away not towards him!

Smaug would fall easily! He is just a bigger target for NK.

quanchi112
Drogon was runnig away!

The Night King did a fast Shot to bring him down! And the dragon was moving away not towards him!

Smaug would fall easily! He is just a bigger target for NK. Yes, because they weren't going to take on the entire horde and were vulnerable. They just realized they had the power to down dragons.

Well a dragon can fly high away and come down when he chooses to.

Smaug would evade in flight just as Drogon did. Night King took out an unsuspecting dragon not one engaging him.

Josh_Alexander
Yes, because they weren't going to take on the entire horde and were vulnerable. They just realized they had the power to down dragons.

Well a dragon can fly high away and come down when he chooses to.

Smaug would evade in flight just as Drogon did. Night King took out an unsuspecting dragon not one engaging him.

The moment Smaug comes at NK he dies.

Night King just has to wait for smaug to get close.

If Smaug is smart NK is smarter.

quanchi112
The moment Smaug comes at NK he dies.

Night King just has to wait for smaug to get close.

If Smaug is smart NK is smarter. He's only hit a dragon when he isn't aware. There is no evidence Night King is smarter than Smaug. He was one for two and lost a lot of forces despite facing off against a very small band of men.

Josh_Alexander
He's only hit a dragon when he isn't aware. There is no evidence Night King is smarter than Smaug. He was one for two and lost a lot of forces despite facing off against a very small band of men.

If Smaig was slained by a black arrow then he WILL DIE to NK.

Pfff! There is no need of evidence! Smaug's pride is his downfall here!

Smaug would avalanch himself to NK just to get killed as he did in the Hobbit!

NK isnt impulsive. He will toy with smaug and then slain him!

playa1258
Smaug is much smarter Viserion. He dodges the spear than cooks the Night King.

quanchi112
If Smaig was slained by a black arrow then he WILL DIE to NK.

Pfff! There is no need of evidence! Smaug's pride is his downfall here!

Smaug would avalanch himself to NK just to get killed as he did in the Hobbit!

NK isnt impulsive. He will toy with smaug and then slain him! There is always need of evidence. My point is NK hasn't struck down any prepared dragons. Smaug isn't decimating lake town he just is taking down one foe. NK failed to bring down the queen with the entire horde present. So far he hasn't used any battle tactics just launched his entire horde against his foes. Let's see how he fares one on one with Smaug.

Josh_Alexander
There is always need of evidence. My point is NK hasn't struck down any prepared dragons. Smaug isn't decimating lake town he just is taking down one foe. NK failed to bring down the queen with the entire horde present. So far he hasn't used any battle tactics just launched his entire horde against his foes. Let's see how he fares one on one with Smaug.

No there isn't! Smaug isn't even 200 years old. The Night King is 8K!!

The Night King beats Smaug!

Smaug would have to get close to be able to attack, when he does NK spears him down!

quanchi112
No there isn't! Smaug isn't even 200 years old. The Night King is 8K!!

The Night King beats Smaug!

Smaug would have to get close to be able to attack, when he does NK spears him down! What does age have to do with anything ? You'd think in Night King's advanced age he'd realize the important of speed in a battle.

He'd miss when Smaug moves out of the way. Drogon did so. He doesn't have his horde here. Smaug mocks him then eats him.

Josh_Alexander

He'd miss when Smaug moves out of the way. Drogon did so. He doesn't have his horde here. Smaug mocks him then eats him.

Stop evading the facts.

Smaug would have to move towards the Night King to attack him.

Drogon was moving away from the Night King!

If Smaug was so intelligent he would flee from battle as Drogon and Rhaegal did.

Night King has ALL the advantage here.

Possibility for Smaug to win this battle: 10%

quanchi112
Stop evading the facts.

Smaug would have to move towards the Night King to attack him.

Drogon was moving away from the Night King!

If Smaug was so intelligent he would flee from battle as Drogon and Rhaegal did.

Night King has ALL the advantage here.

Possibility for Smaug to win this battle: 10% What facts ? NK misses dragons aware but clips ones not aware.

Smaug will fly at him evade and kill. He's far faster and NK only has time for one shot due to his slow movement.

Josh_Alexander
What facts ? NK misses dragons aware but clips ones not aware.

Smaug will fly at him evade and kill. He's far faster and NK only has time for one shot due to his slow movement.

HAHAHA. SLOW MOVEMENT!?

Just because NK didn't rush at killing Drogon or Viseryon doesn't mean he isn't fast. He didn't needed to run, he has a good accuracy. He slained a flying dragon easily!

Drogon missed the next bolt with Luck!!!

Smaug is a bigger target. And a target which would have to move towards the NK to attack.

NK would send him down! Odds are against Smaug in this!

NK has all the advantages!

Smaug would have to get close to be able to grab NK. Once Smaug is within 25ft he is a SURE TARGET.

quanchi112
HAHAHA. SLOW MOVEMENT!?

Just because NK didn't rush at killing Drogon or Viseryon doesn't mean he isn't fast. He didn't needed to run, he has a good accuracy. He slained a flying dragon easily!

Drogon missed the next bolt with Luck!!!

Smaug is a bigger target. And a target which would have to move towards the NK to attack.

NK would send him down! Odds are against Smaug in this!

NK has all the advantages!

Smaug would have to get close to be able to grab NK. Once Smaug is within 25ft he is a SURE TARGET. Every scene he's been in he's been very slow. He had good accuracy against someone unaware.

He missed. He moved. NK blew it.

NK is slower, one has chance, has demonstrated inferior intelligence, and can't fly. NK doesn't get his horde he needs to face the music. Smaug is coming for him. He can't run forever.

Josh_Alexander
Every scene he's been in he's been very slow. He had good accuracy against someone unaware.

NK is slower, one has chance, has demonstrated inferior intelligence, and can't fly. NK doesn't get his horde he needs to face the music. Smaug is coming for him. He can't run forever.

NK never had the need to rush!

A normal WW can be fast if need so.

NK is a better WW.

Once Smaug comes for him, Smaug would be serving the Army of the Dead just like Viseryon did!

If Smaug is so intelligent why won't he run from NK like Drogon did.

Smaug would DEFINETLY lose here.

quanchi112
NK never had the need to rush!

A normal WW can be fast if need so.

NK is a better WW.

Once Smaug comes for him, Smaug would be serving the Army of the Dead just like Viseryon did!

If Smaug is so intelligent why won't he run from NK like Drogon did.

Smaug would DEFINETLY lose here. He only got one dragon when there were three.,

I agree but he hasn't shown speed. They are all pretty slow.

Nah, Smaug is superior to the GoT dragons ad you even admit.

Smaug feasts on him. Drogon fled because the entire horde was there. It wasn't just Night King.

Josh_Alexander
Every scene he's been in he's been very slow. He had good accuracy against someone unaware.

A still flying Dragon!!

And not a dragon which was moving towards him getting close with every flap of his wings!

SMAUG DIES! HE HAS NO CHANCE HERE.

Dodging a spear at close range isn't an option for Smaug. He would get slaughtered sooner or later.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by playa1258
Smaug is much smarter Viserion. He dodges the spear than cooks the Night King.

Smaug is also much bigger and idiotic!

Smaug's pride would make him lose here.

NK would just wait patiently for Smaug to get close and then SMAUG WOULD FALL!

Smaug is just an over rated dragon.

quanchi112
A still flying Dragon!!

And not a dragon which was moving towards him getting close with every flap of his wings!

SMAUG DIES! HE HAS NO CHANCE HERE.

Dodging a spear at close range isn't an option for Smaug. He would get slaughtered sooner or later. The dragon wasn't trying to dodge the attack. Well NK has never hit an aware dragon so the efidndce supports me.

Smaug decimates the weak NK. In GoT he is something but in Lotr he'd get crushed.

Josh_Alexander
The dragon wasn't trying to dodge the attack. Well NK has never hit an aware dragon so the efidndce supports me.

Smaug decimates the weak NK. In GoT he is something but in Lotr he'd get crushed.

No evidence is against you.

1. Smaug is much larger than Valeryon which makes him an easier target.

2. Smaug has to get really close to NK to attack him which adds to how easy of a target he woupd made.

3. Night King has a really good aim. He hit a dragon that was moving at a fast speed. Valyrion was quite away and moving!

https://youtu.be/hHgtyruSMCE

4. Smaug's pride would prevent him from thinking properly. Specially after seeing how fearless and provocative the Night King would be before his presence.

Evidence is against you. The chances that Night Kong would miss are almost none. Maybe 10%.

quanchi112
No evidence is against you.

1. Smaug is much larger than Valeryon which makes him an easier target.

2. Smaug has to get really close to NK to attack him which adds to how easy of a target he woupd made.

3. Night King has a really good aim. He hit a dragon that was moving at a fast speed. Valyrion was quite away and moving!

https://youtu.be/hHgtyruSMCE

4. Smaug's pride would prevent him from thinking properly. Specially after seeing how fearless and provocative the Night King would be before his presence.

Evidence is against you. The chances that Night Kong would miss are almost none. Maybe 10%. 1. Smaug is watching and aware so he flies past if.

2. He actually can breathe fire on him. He doesn't have to get close. If he does though there's nothing the NK can do once his spear is gone.

3. Dragon wasn't aware so while his aim is good he missed the time Drogon was aware.

4. False, NK's slow movement would prevent him from reacting in time.

Evidence supports me because the NK despite his exaggerations has never killed a dragon aware of him. Let's hope he can do something next season without relying on his dragon.

Josh_Alexander
1. Smaug is watching and aware so he flies past if.

2. He actually can breathe fire on him. He doesn't have to get close. If he does though there's nothing the NK can do once his spear is gone.

3. Dragon wasn't aware so while his aim is good he missed the time Drogon was aware.

4. False, NK's slow movement would prevent him from reacting in time.

Evidence supports me because the NK despite his exaggerations has never killed a dragon aware of him. Let's hope he can do something next season without relying on his dragon.

You are molding things in your favor although all odds are against smaug here.

1st of all the NK is also aware of smaug.

2. Fire cant kill a White Walker.

3. Drogon was aware and flew away. Smaug will eventually have to fly towards NK. In that moment Smaug dies.

4. NK isnt slow. Just because you never saw him running doesnt mean he is slow. Stop being irrational and trying to limmit a character due to what is seen on screen. The NK isnt slow. He just doesnt need to run. He hast.

quanchi112
You are molding things in your favor although all odds are against smaug here.

1st of all the NK is also aware of smaug.

2. Fire cant kill a White Walker.

3. Drogon was aware and flew away. Smaug will eventually have to fly towards NK. In that moment Smaug dies.

4. NK isnt slow. Just because you never saw him running doesnt mean he is slow. Stop being irrational and trying to limmit a character due to what is seen on screen. The NK isnt slow. He just doesnt need to run. He hast.

Well let's hope so.

2. No proof dragon fire can't kill a WW. It's on the same wiki page you showed me. No proof dragon fire can't kill them or that wildfire can't kill them.

3. He dodges one spear and then kills NK.

4. If you can't show him reacting quickly you can't say he's fast. That's called making things up. We debate based off the evidence not what you want to believe.

NK didn't catch Bran. The guy is a slow, lumbering zombie at this point. In Lotr they'd hammer their horde. You'll see its kind of pathetic.

relentless1
night king does his olympic throw and one shots smaug like he did to viserion

quanchi112
Originally posted by relentless1
night king does his olympic throw and one shots smaug like he did to viserion You act like he was not 1/2 in javelin tosses. He also missed the dragon who was aware of him tossing a javelin.

Sable
Smaug wins easily, the Night King won't know or see his one scale missing. His scales cannot be broken that easily.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Sable
Smaug wins easily, the Night King won't know or see his one scale missing. His scales cannot be broken that easily.

No. Then Ice spear would not onlynshatter Smaug's scales but kill him!

There is no evidence to proof that Smaug skin is any different from Vyserion's.

You act like he was not 1/2 in javelin tosses. He also missed the dragon who was aware of him tossing a javelin.

I already told you why he missed Drogon. Why do you keep avoiding my comments?

Well let's hope so.

2. No proof dragon fire can't kill a WW. It's on the same wiki page you showed me. No proof dragon fire can't kill them or that wildfire can't kill them.

3. He dodges one spear and then kills NK.

4. If you can't show him reacting quickly you can't say he's fast. That's called making things up. We debate based off the evidence not what you want to believe.

NK didn't catch Bran. The guy is a slow, lumbering zombie at this point. In Lotr they'd hammer their horde. You'll see its kind of pathetic.

White Walkers are immune to Fire. Go do your research and if you find evidence of otherwise bring them here. Until then Fire cant kill them!

2. Stop being irrational. NK wouldnt miss the shot at a large target moving towards him. Avoiding logic and evidence wont proof your points.

3. Evidence goes in hand with logic quanchi. You are trying to shield yourself behind the excuse that the Night King has never been seen sprinting!

If in a movie you see a chicken, would you assume that it cant lay eggs because it never did in the movie?

Again bring me textual or sited evidence that he cant run.

NK doesnt need to run! Thats why he has his weighs and other White Walkers.

Again Quanchi. Bring me evidence. Dont assume things cant happen because they werent seen on screen. That makes your points weak.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by relentless1
night king does his olympic throw and one shots smaug like he did to viserion

thumb up

Idk why they defend Smaug so irrationally. I know people have their preferences but that doesnt make them invincible.

Smaug has every disadvantage here.

Sable
There is no proof he is weak to anything besides a black arrow. Much like the same argument you used when you said the Night King can only be hurt by Valarian Steel.

quanchi112
No. Then Ice spear would not onlynshatter Smaug's scales but kill him!

There is no evidence to proof that Smaug skin is any different from Vyserion's.

I already told you why he missed Drogon. Why do you keep avoiding my comments?

White Walkers are immune to Fire. Go do your research and if you find evidence of otherwise bring them here. Until then Fire cant kill them! I said you posted a link from the GoT which says there's nor proof it's immune to dragon fire of wild fire. Just because he walks over some random flames doesn't mean he can be thrown into the sun. No limits fallacy.
Smaug can move out of the way. I've seen Jango miss when Kenobi is running at him because you're under duress and he can move.

Yes,that is how debating works. You can't claim he sprints when we have multiple scenes of him walking slowly. He failed to nab Bran. He failed to kill two dragons, etc. he failed to stop their escape. Slow as molasses.

I would assume it doesn't lay eggs in combat since it's never done so. We debate on what we have proof of not what we speculate.

We don't see him run. You'd need to prove he can. I don't need to disprove your claims.

We don't see any white walkers run. Quit ignoring the lore, the history, stc. Just because you want him to win.

GoT ain't Lotr. It's far weaker.

Josh_Alexander
I said you posted a link from the GoT which says there's nor proof it's immune to dragon fire of wild fire. Just because he walks over some random flames doesn't mean he can be thrown into the sun. No limits fallacy.
Smaug can move out of the way. I've seen Jango miss when Kenobi is running at him because you're under duress and he can move.

Yes,that is how debating works. You can't claim he sprints when we have multiple scenes of him walking slowly. He failed to nab Bran. He failed to kill two dragons, etc. he failed to stop their escape. Slow as molasses.

I would assume it doesn't lay eggs in combat since it's never done so. We debate on what we have proof of not what we speculate.

We don't see him run. You'd need to prove he can. I don't need to disprove your claims.

We don't see any white walkers run. Quit ignoring the lore, the history, stc. Just because you want him to win.

The only one not showing evidence its you.

The Night Watch has oil which still burns as hot.

Fire cant harm them. If you bring me one wiki i can bring you 10.

White walkers are immune to fire. Simply because they are so cold.

There is no evidence to say they are.

In this case my speculatuon is stronger than yours since theyve walked through flames.

Josh_Alexander
I said you posted a link from the GoT which says there's nor proof it's immune to dragon fire of wild fire. Just because he walks over some random flames doesn't mean he can be thrown into the sun. No limits fallacy.

Again ive shown stronger evidence than yours.

Josh_Alexander
There is no evidence Smaug can kill the NK.

There are strong arguments that NK can kill Smaug.

Smaug loses this match for lack of evidence of him winning this fight.

Sable
They are weak to fire, yes there is evidence. You are acting like the Night King can't be killed, you need to stop that.

Josh_Alexander
They are weak to fire, yes there is evidence. You are acting like the Night King can't be killed, you need to stop that.

Show me your evidence then.

Sable
So the Night King can't be killed now?

quanchi112
The only one not showing evidence its you.

The Night Watch has oil which still burns as hot.

Fire cant harm them. If you bring me one wiki i can bring you 10.

White walkers are immune to fire. Simply because they are so cold.

There is no evidence to say they are.

In this case my speculatuon is stronger than yours since theyve walked through flames. False.

Not all fire is equal. If someone withstands a lighter fire does that mean they can withstand a flame thrower.

No proof that they are immune to dragon fire. You posted the GoT link and now are attempting to ignore it.

So iyo the sun can't hurt them ?

Not all flames are created equal. It's like saying no punches can hurt someone because one guys punches can't hurt someone.

quanchi112
Again ive shown stronger evidence than yours. Untrue.

quanchi112
There is no evidence Smaug can kill the NK.

There are strong arguments that NK can kill Smaug.

Smaug loses this match for lack of evidence of him winning this fight. What has the NK even survived ?

Since no one has even hit him with anything impressive you're claiming he's unkilllable.

Smaug wins. More impressive showings, far bigger, far smarter, more durable, can fly, etc.

Josh_Alexander
So the Night King can't be killed now?

Not by fire.

False.

Not all fire is equal. If someone withstands a lighter fire does that mean they can withstand a flame thrower.

No proof that they are immune to dragon fire. You posted the GoT link and now are attempting to ignore it.

So iyo the sun can't hurt them ?

Not all flames are created equal. It's like saying no punches can hurt someone because one guys punches can't hurt someone.

Then why the Nights Watch didnt use fire or oil to burn them? Jon specifically said that only DG and Valyrian steel could until proven otherwise dore cant kill them. Again my proofs are stronger than yours.

Fire Dragon cant harm him. Else you bring me proof of that. Until then Smaug's fire is useless.

Smaug loses this. You are being guided by your preferences instead of evidence.

Smaug is abigger and easier target to hit.
NK is a good shooter.
NK isnt impulsive. He will wait for the right time.
NK as other WW havent been show to be killed by fire.

The only chance Smaug has is to use physical damage. And who knows even that isnt proven to be able to kill White Walkers.

Your points:

1. Smaug will dodge the spear. That is stupid. Smaug is a bigger target, and it is moving towards NK. This point gets rejected.

2. Smaug fire can kill NK. Rejected, no evidence dragon fire can kill WW else bring it.

3. Smaug is intelligent. NK is also, this point is gets Neutralized.

NK wins due to the odds. Again, be rational.

Sable
How can he not be killed by dragon fire?

quanchi112
Not by fire.

Then why the Nights Watch didnt use fire or oil to burn them? Jon specifically said that only DG and Valyrian steel could until proven otherwise dore cant kill them. Again my proofs are stronger than yours.

Fire Dragon cant harm him. Else you bring me proof of that. Until then Smaug's fire is useless.

Smaug loses this. You are being guided by your preferences instead of evidence.

Smaug is abigger and easier target to hit.
NK is a good shooter.
NK isnt impulsive. He will wait for the right time.
NK as other WW havent been show to be killed by fire.

The only chance Smaug has is to use physical damage. And who knows even that isnt proven to be able to kill White Walkers.

Your points:

1. Smaug will dodge the spear. That is stupid. Smaug is a bigger target, and it is moving towards NK. This point gets rejected.

2. Smaug fire can kill NK. Rejected, no evidence dragon fire can kill WW else bring it.

3. Smaug is intelligent. NK is also, this point is gets Neutralized.

NK wins due to the odds. Again, be rational. When did the night watch have access to a dragon ? We saw dragons wreck shop on the majority of the horde. What WW showed themselves invulnerable to dragon fire ? No examples so it doesn't have any weight.

1. He missed against a huge dragon who was aware. Not my fault the guy pissed like a chump. Evidence supports me.

2. It's up to you to prove he resists dragon fire not some random shit fire started by the children of the forest.

3. Based off what is NK intelligent in combat ?

Nah, Smaug is faster, more durable, far bigger, etc. even the GoT wiki page says the white walkers haven't proven themselves invulnerable to dragon fire.

Josh_Alexander
How can he not be killed by dragon fire?

NK moved towards Drogon without even doubting it.

He got close to the Dragons and gave a **** about it.

IF HE KNEW FIRE DRAGON COULD KILL HIM, DO YOU THINK HE WOULDVE GOT CLOSE!?

AGAIN BE RATIONAL PEOPLE!

CANT YOU USE YOUR LOGIC?

https://youtu.be/se-246EPrWU

He even WALKED over Dragon fire if you didnt notice! That was dragon fire burning 100s of degrees hot. Any man would have gotten burnt to that!

PLEASE BE RATIONAL. ELSE VS FORUMS WOULD HAVE NO POINT.

Josh_Alexander
When did the night watch have access to a dragon ? We saw dragons wreck shop on the majority of the horde. What WW showed themselves invulnerable to dragon fire ? No examples so it doesn't have any weight.

1. He missed against a huge dragon who was aware. Not my fault the guy pissed like a chump. Evidence supports me.

2. It's up to you to prove he resists dragon fire not some random shit fire started by the children of the forest.

3. Based off what is NK intelligent in combat ?

Nah, Smaug is faster, more durable, far bigger, etc. even the GoT wiki page says the white walkers haven't proven themselves invulnerable to dragon fire.

Watch the video i linked to saber and get back to me.

All evidence is agains you.

You are placing your hopes that Smaug would evade it.

He is Much Bigger than Valyrion. He is getting closer to NK.

NK stomps.

Am not gonna debate IRRATIONALITY.

Raptor22
You act like he was not 1/2 in javelin tosses. He also missed the dragon who was aware of him tossing a javelin. hey quan good to have u back.

On the flip side of your point, smaug is 0/2 in dodging spears, and was standing right in front of bard talking shit while he was pointing the black arrow right at him, and he just charged straight ahead and tried to tank it.

Why do u think that he will even try to dodge the nk's? Especially since he had the knowledge that the black arrows can hurt him, yet he didn't even make an attempt at dodging bards.

In my opinion, smaug would over confidently try to tank the arrow and take one right in the chest. Whether or not it would Pierce him is anyones guess. Id put the odds right at 50/50 for that.

Sable
NK moved towards Drogon without even doubting it.

He got close to the Dragons and gave a **** about it.

IF HE KNEW FIRE DRAGON COULD KILL HIM, DO YOU THINK HE WOULDVE GOT CLOSE!?

AGAIN BE RATIONAL PEOPLE!

CANT YOU USE YOUR LOGIC?

https://youtu.be/se-246EPrWU

He even WALKED over Dragon fire if you didnt notice! That was dragon fire burning 100s of degrees hot. Any man would have gotten burnt to that!

PLEASE BE RATIONAL. ELSE VS FORUMS WOULD HAVE NO POINT.

He used his magic to quell the flame temporarily as he walked over, stop exaggerating that to mean he can't be hurt by fire.

Be Rational.

Josh_Alexander
Originally posted by Raptor22
hey quan good to have u back.

On the flip side of your point, smaug is 0/2 in dodging spears, and was standing right in front of bard talking shit while he was pointing the black arrow right at him, and he just charged straight ahead and tried to tank it.

Why do u think that he will even try to dodge the nk's? Especially since he had the knowledge that the black arrows can hurt him, yet he didn't even make an attempt at dodging bards.

In my opinion, smaug would over confidently try to tank the arrow and take one right in the chest. Whether or not it would Pierce him is anyones guess. Id put the odds right at 50/50 for that. [/QUOTE

thumb up

The samething ive been trying to tell him like 1000 times.

Smaug is to proud to be dodging things.

Josh_Alexander
He used his magic to quell the flame temporarily as he walked over, stop exaggerating that to mean he can't be hurt by fire.

Be Rational.

Havent answer me why the NK wasnt afraid of getting near fire range of Drogon!

Where is your logic?

Sable
He wasn't anywhere close to the range of Drogan, and Dragon was distracted. He knew this, which is why he advanced.

Where is your logic?

Josh_Alexander
He wasn't anywhere close to the range of Drogan, and Dragon was distracted. He knew this, which is why he advanced.

Where is your logic?

No one in his sane judgement would get close to a dragon although this is distracted the Way the NK did! Again your logic is terrible.

NK wasnt even cautious. And yes, Drogon was in range!

IK you Love Smaug but he dies here. Dont let favoritism cloud your judgement.

Sable
He wasn't even close.. I don't love Smaug actually. I think he's pretty foolish to care about gold he can't use.

Josh_Alexander
He wasn't even close.. I don't love Smaug actually. I think he's pretty foolish to care about gold he can't use.

So you should agree he loses this one!

It is evident smaug isnt wise enough to evade the NK.

He will most likely charge him.

The NK just needs one Spear to bring him down

Also remember tjat Smaug is much larger than Valyrion was. He is an easier target.

Smaug loses.

Sable
But Smaug scales are most likely tougher

Josh_Alexander
But Smaug scales are most likely tougher

They will get pierced either way. Just because they are a bit thicker doesnt mean they will still resist.

Sable
They were not just thicker, they were only resistant to the black arrow.

Josh_Alexander
They were not just thicker, they were only resistant to the black arrow.

An ice spear is more powerful than a Black Arrow.

Sable
Smaug shrugged off a lake of molten gold> ice spear.

Josh_Alexander
Smaug shrugged off a lake of molten gold> ice spear.

Dragons arent affected by heat!

Drogon would have survived that too.

Ice spear isnt the samething as molten gold. They cant be compared.

Sable
Entire lake of molten gold is < Ice spear?

Be reasonable

Also did you concede that the Night King can be hurt by fire?

Josh_Alexander
Entire lake of molten gold is < Ice spear?

Be reasonable

Also did you concede that the Night King can be hurt by fire?

You are trying to compare something that is super Hot with something that is super Cold? Id say the one who is unreasonable here is you.

Ice Spear cant be compared to Molten Gold!

And No! NK cant die to fire.

Sable
And if he dies by fire in Season 8?

meep-meep
Smaug.

Josh_Alexander
And if he dies by fire in Season 8?

Then you have evidence and i would agree.

Sable
Rewatching the spear throw explosion changed my mind. Night King wins.

Josh_Alexander
Rewatching the spear throw explosion changed my mind. Night King wins.

IK!

The thing is this. White Walkers are said to be powerful magical creatures.

Its possibe that Ice Spears or Ife swords would be like Toxic or Poisonous to Dragons.

Remember Dragons are creatures of the fire. Those Ice spears just cut like knife cuts butter.

Valyrion's just massively bleed out.

Sable
Which is sad because I liked him.

quanchi112
Watch the video i linked to saber and get back to me.

All evidence is agains you.

You are placing your hopes that Smaug would evade it.

He is Much Bigger than Valyrion. He is getting closer to NK.

NK stomps.

Am not gonna debate IRRATIONALITY. What video ?

Nah, he evades it. Quicker and NK misses the only aware dragon he threw a spear at. Not very convincing. Smaug will decimate him.

Just because someone disagrees that doesn't mean they are being irrational it just means you are too narrow minded.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Raptor22
hey quan good to have u back.

In my opinion, smaug would over confidently try to tank the arrow and take one right in the chest. Whether or not it would Pierce him is anyones guess. Id put the odds right at 50/50 for that. Well due to him not realizing the scale was missing. That was the only reason it killed him.

He is against an unknown opponent and NK is 0/1 in hitting dragons who are aware of him. Smaug is a lot more durable than the weaker GoT dragons so there is a good chance he's only lose a scale or so from it.

Josh_Alexander
What video ?

Nah, he evades it. Quicker and NK misses the only aware dragon he threw a spear at. Not very convincing. Smaug will decimate him.

Just because someone disagrees that doesn't mean they are being irrational it just means you are too narrow minded.

Ehhhh no. You are being irrational because all odds are against smaug and you are still supporting it.

Your point that NK would miss to an unaware dragon is stupid.

First of all as @raptor22 said Smaug hasnt dodge an arrow when engaging. Using your own "logic" (which is really unlogical) Smaug has evaded 0/2 arrows.

He would get hit when engaging NK and would die to this.

The difference between Disagreeing with someone rationally and irrationally is when the person will defend his point although all evidence and points are against him.

Josh_Alexander
Which is sad because I liked him.

Its admirable when someone recognizes that others are right!

Really admirable.

IK its hard. Ive also given my points in several occasions in this same forum. Its hard. But its why we make threads in the first place. To discuss and claim a victor out of the contestants.

If we close our minds and defend our idols blindly then why do we make this threads in the first place?

We need to be willing to surrender sooner or later. For the wealth of this forum.

thumb up

Josh_Alexander
I hope i can show you what i mean when i say that the NK WONT MISS!

https://youtu.be/p5MyNFfh7Ns

Smaug vs Bard the Bowman

As seen in the video above. Smaug is HUGE!
He is probably twice the size of Valyrion (the dragon killed by NK)! That adds to the possibility of NK hitting him.

FURTHERMORE! Smaug was AWARE that Bard had the Black Arrow!!! Yet Smaug careless and approached him! Smaug Arrogance adds to the possibility of NK being able to kill him!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ6ayvGPP0g

Night King vs Dragons

Now lets see the Night King!

As you can see Viseryon was flying fast! Yet the NK sent him down!

Then we see how he missed with Drogon! Again Drogon was moving away!(running and gaining distance) And Yet! The Night King miss him by an inch!!!

Smaug is Much Bigger! He is a bigger target! He is engaging not running! And he is arrogant! Bard was humble and yet Smaug was arrogant!!!

Now look at the way the NK approached the dragons! NK was fearless and defying! Smaug's pride would boil in him to see the NK reacting like that!

The NK is very unlikely to miss one of those Olympic Javelin tosses!

quanchi112
Ehhhh no. You are being irrational because all odds are against smaug and you are still supporting it.

Your point that NK would miss to an unaware dragon is stupid.

First of all as @raptor22 said Smaug hasnt dodge an arrow when engaging. Using your own "logic" (which is really unlogical) Smaug has evaded 0/2 arrows.

He would get hit when engaging NK and would die to this.

The difference between Disagreeing with someone rationally and irrationally is when the person will defend his point although all evidence and points are against him. False, but come on now you've ignored various points about your Valyrian steel and what not in favor of your WW's before.

This spear isn't an arrow. We see the archers from the Lannisters army hit their dragons as well. The spear toss isn't the the same thing as an arrow. See how easy it is to show evidence to support my claims.

The spear isn't an arrow. False comparison. Apples to oranges. What arrows have the GoT dragons dodged ? big grin

I just cited evidence to decimate your apples to oranges comparison. Smaug wins. Face it he's just better.

Josh_Alexander
False, but come on now you've ignored various points about your Valyrian steel and what not in favor of your WW's before.

This spear isn't an arrow. We see the archers from the Lannisters army hit their dragons as well. The spear toss isn't the the same thing as an arrow. See how easy it is to show evidence to support my claims.

The spear isn't an arrow. False comparison. Apples to oranges. What arrows have the GoT dragons dodged ? big grin

I just cited evidence to decimate your apples to oranges comparison. Smaug wins. Face it he's just better.

Seeing how NK brought down Valyrion i think I didn't need to point out that he has better AIM than Bard the Bowman!

Again Smaug loses this one easliy! Smaug is huge, he is an easy target, and he isn't the type of dragon which will evade spears or arrows.

quanchi112
Seeing how NK brought down Valyrion i think I didn't need to point out that he has better AIM than Bard the Bowman!

Again Smaug loses this one easliy! Smaug is huge, he is an easy target, and he isn't the type of dragon which will evade spears or arrows. He brought down Valyrion who wasn't aware. We saw regular bowmen hit Drogon as well.

One swift movement with his speed and the spear goes by. This isn't an arrow and as I said GoT dragons haven't evaded arrows as well. Smaug evades and dominates.

Josh_Alexander

quanchi112

Josh_Alexander
I already said an arrow isn't the same thing as a spear. We see no GoT dragons avoid arrows either. It isn't the same thing.

We see Drogon fail to dodge a bunch of arrows but dodge that Pansy's toss. He is up against someone from middle earth not some weakling from Westoros.

Smaug wins based off the evidence.

Smaug wins based on your unfounded logic not evidence!

NK wins on evidence.

Smaug has dodge nothing in his life, dont see why he would dodge a spear either way!!!

quanchi112
Smaug wins based on your unfounded logic not evidence!

NK wins on evidence.

Smaug has dodge nothing in his life, dont see why he would dodge a spear either way!!! Spears aren't arrows and even your spears are 0/1 when a dragon is aware.

NK doesn't have the bulk of his horde. Smaug would decimate this pretender.

Josh_Alexander
Spears aren't arrows and even your spears are 0/1 when a dragon is aware.

NK doesn't have the bulk of his horde. Smaug would decimate this pretender.

No they arent but the act the same!!! They are both weapons that can be thrown!!!!

What makes you think Smaug would dodge a Spear and not an Arrow!? That is unfounded logic to say that just cause it is a spear there will be a difference!!

Its like saying that someone who falls from a bike wont fall from a motorcicle!

Again I ask you to please be reasonable!

quanchi112
No they arent but the act the same!!! They are both weapons that can be thrown!!!!

What makes you think Smaug would dodge a Spear and not an Arrow!? That is unfounded logic to say that just cause it is a spear there will be a difference!!

Its like saying that someone who falls from a bike wont fall from a motorcicle!

Again I ask you to please be reasonable! Arrows apparently are faster and harder to dodge since the spear only hit an unsuspecting dragon.

It's an unknown weapon from an unknown foe. He has experience against arrows.

NK can't hide behind his army and someone is actually engaging him. His time is up.

Josh_Alexander
Arrows apparently are faster and harder to dodge since the spear only hit an unsuspecting dragon.

It's an unknown weapon from an unknown foe. He has experience against arrows.

NK can't hide behind his army and someone is actually engaging him. His time is up.

Faster!? Lol you assumed that?

Cause if you check the videos NK olympic toss seems to travel faster than Bards Spear!!

So the Spear should be harder to dodge than the arrow.

Again Quanchi, admit this time Smaug loses.

quanchi112
Faster!? Lol you assumed that?

Cause if you check the videos NK olympic toss seems to travel faster than Bards Spear!!

So the Spear should be harder to dodge than the arrow.

Again Quanchi, admit this time Smaug loses. Yes, since arrows hit the dragon. We know they travel quickly as well but unlike the spear no dragon has dodged.

Based off what ? Speculation.

No, you are speculating in favor of GoT. We already saw a dragon dodge it. Poor NK. Only cheapshotted a dragon with one.

Smaug crushes his guy.

Josh_Alexander
Yes, since arrows hit the dragon. We know they travel quickly as well but unlike the spear no dragon has dodged.

Based off what ? Speculation.

No, you are speculating in favor of GoT. We already saw a dragon dodge it. Poor NK. Only cheapshotted a dragon with one.

Smaug crushes his guy.

Lol. The spear was travelling faster than the Arrow that Smaug failed to dodge!

Id say you are the one blindly supporting Smaug!

No matter what i say youll keep doing it!

Smaug loses here because NK is superior.

Smaug is a dragon, NK has killed dragons.

Smaug loses by evidence and by support of others which replied to this thread.

quanchi112
Lol. The spear was travelling faster than the Arrow that Smaug failed to dodge! Then prove it.
I am citing evidence you are speculating.

Another baseless claim.

All dragons are not created equal. You already admitted Smaug is superior to GoT dragons who are weak. Your own words.

Smaug is a superior dragon from a superior fictional universe. More intelligent, bigger, more durable, more powerful, etc.

Josh_Alexander
Then prove it.
I am citing evidence you are speculating.

Another baseless claim.

All dragons are not created equal. You already admitted Smaug is superior to GoT dragons who are weak. Your own words.

Smaug is a superior dragon from a superior fictional universe. More inhtelligent, bigger, more durable, more powerful, etc.

Based on what we saw on screen NK toss traveled faster than the Arrow shot by Bard!!!

Still a dragon. NK Spear has the same effect!!

Again your favoritism over LoTR and Smaug prevents you from being fair and honest in your judgement.

Therefore arguing this is useless cause you wont accept your idol to lose.

When you make or reply to a thread you have to be as impartial as possible.

quanchi112
Based on what we saw on screen NK toss traveled faster than the Arrow shot by Bard!!!

Still a dragon. NK Spear has the same effect!!

Again your favoritism over LoTR and Smaug prevents you from being fair and honest in your judgement.

Therefore arguing this is useless cause you wont accept your idol to lose.

When you make or reply to a thread you have to be as impartial as possible. That isn't proving its just speculation on your end.

That's bad logic. It's like saying hey watch this guy kill a 15 year human therefore he kills a badass UFC fighter in combat.

Irony since you have not proven any of your claims. You are using bad logic and not proving anything.

I am citing evidence we differ on opinions. It isn't the end of the world. NK is a pansy thus far who hides behind his army. Smaug ends him.

Josh_Alexander
That isn't proving its just speculation on your end.

That's bad logic. It's like saying hey watch this guy kill a 15 year human therefore he kills a badass UFC fighter in combat.

Irony since you have not proven any of your claims. You are using bad logic and not proving anything.

I am citing evidence we differ on opinions. It isn't the end of the world. NK is a pansy thus far who hides behind his army. Smaug ends him.

If we are talking about pure evidence then you lose either way!

Using speculation or Efidence Smaug loses the same!!

I have show you both evidence and speculation!

When you evidence you bring speculation, when i bring you speculation you ask for evidence. You are just going in circles.

As i said, be honest! Smaug loses either way, but you are not being coeherent.

quanchi112
If we are talking about pure evidence then you lose either way!

Using speculation or Efidence Smaug loses the same!!

I have show you both evidence and speculation!

When you evidence you bring speculation, when i bring you speculation you ask for evidence. You are just going in circles.

As i said, be honest! Smaug loses either way, but you are not being coeherent. How so ?

You made claims you haven't backed. You have to take back the claims.

I am being coherent and unlike you I make claims I back up. Smaug wins. GoT dragons according to you are inferior to Smaug decimating your hey all dragons die to NK. Smaug wins.

Josh_Alexander
How so ?

You made claims you haven't backed. You have to take back the claims.

I am being coherent and unlike you I make claims I back up. Smaug wins. GoT dragons according to you are inferior to Smaug decimating your hey all dragons die to NK. Smaug wins.

One LAST TIME i will give you both my evidence and speculation: To show how obsessed and irrational youve been throughout this thread!

Evidence:

1. Smaug's HUGE size makes him an easy target.
2. Smaug is moving towards NK, getting closer and facilitating NK to hit him.
3.NK has a good aim!
4.Smaug is proud and too stupid to dodge enemies.
5. NK is patient and wont rush to shoot stupidly, he will make sure to hit!.

Your response (Mere UNFOUNDED speculation)

1. Smaug will dodge the spear: Mere speculation since he has never dodge something.
2: NK has never hit an unaware dragon!: Lol totally IRRATIONAL! Just cause he failed to a Dragon which was smaller than Smaug and which was escaping doesnt mean SMAUG has a chance!!!

You have defended Smaug against my evidence with mere Speculation and Unfounded Claims...So i give you speculation now.

My Speculation WHICH is BACKED:

1. NK toss is faster than Bards Arrow: Check both videos and it is evident that the Spear was travelling faster!!! Am speculating that, but what we see on screen backs it up! So it should be harder for Smaug to Dodge the spear!
2. Smaug's Uncontrolable Pride: Its not unknown that Smaugs pride makes him do STUPID things. He KNEW of BARDS BLACK ARROW and still didnt care to EVEN TRY dodge it!!! So why should HE EVEN try dodge NKs spear!!!!??
3. NK calmness and defiant behaviour!: Just like he did in Hardhome or when he moved towards Drogon, NK is a fearless being. This would cause someone like Smaug to get Angry and for his pride to act against him. Again putting him at dangerous situations!

Your defence!

1. An arrow isnt a Spear!: Again an irrelevant defense, since both Spears and Arrows work the same way! Just because its a spear doesnt mean Smaug will act differently!! Your claim is irrelevant to this situation!
2. Smaug is a better dragon: Again, irrational statement. The only reason Smaug wins over Danys Dragons is because he is bigger! And this doesnt mean he isn invulnerable to NK spear! Again another pointless claim.
3: You ask for evidence: Although I already gave you evidence you try to deceive by saying am using mere speculation. Therefore i made this reply outlining both my evidence and speculation.

Conclusion: NK has the advantage! Both Evidence and speculation support him! The only reason you are supporting Smaug is due to favoritism!

Even Sable was wise enough to admit that Smaug is at a disadvantage here! Why cant you leave your pride?

quanchi112
One LAST TIME i will give you both my evidence and speculation: To show how obsessed and irrational youve been throughout this thread!

Evidence:

1. Smaug's HUGE size makes him an easy target.
2. Smaug is moving towards NK, getting closer and facilitating NK to hit him.
3.NK has a good aim!
4.Smaug is proud and too stupid to dodge enemies.
5. NK is patient and wont rush to shoot stupidly, he will make sure to hit!.

1. Drogon has a huge size as well but when you can fly at a considerably fast rate you can also change your trajectory to move out of the way. We see a dragon do so.

2. Yes, he's moving at him and Drogon moving away didn't make NK any less accurate he just reacted to the attack. Viserion wasn't even aware so he didn't react.

3. Agreed but Smaug is aware which is crucial.

4. False. We have never seen NK move quickly or dodge anything so there's no reason for him to react quickly to Smaug. Who even says NK can toss it before Smaug will each him.

5. He missed Drogon. smile. He took his time and failed. Plus see number four.
1. So you're ignoring the slow motion dramatic effect Lotr clearly uses in Smaug's final blow to pedal your pro GoT bias. Not on my watch. We see no GoT dragons dodge their arrows either.

2. He was already injured and it was the perfect strike. He's aware of black arrows but not of the ice spear hence why he wouldn't just assume.

3. NK has had his entire horde with him. Let's see how he reacts when he doesn't have a huge numerical advantage. Smaug is far bigger and far more impressive so please don't compare him to a guy who needs an army to do his damage.

1. They don't travel at the same speed. We also see Drogon fail to dodge arrows but also dodge that spear. Proof it's magical.

2. He's more durable, smarter, etc. he's better in every conceivable way. Don't you dare compare your pansy ass dragons from GoT to Lotr whose elites wipe their asses with GoT elites. Every advantage.

3. We disagree. It's that simple.

Nah, he doesn't have an army, is slower, has one chance, and it's not even a foregone conclusion one spear would kill him, etc.

Smaug wins.

Josh_Alexander
1. Drogon has a huge size as well but when you can fly at a considerably fast rate you can also change your trajectory to move out of the way. We see a dragon do so.

2. Yes, he's moving at him and Drogon moving away didn't make NK any less accurate he just reacted to the attack. Viserion wasn't even aware so he didn't react.

3. Agreed but Smaug is aware which is crucial.

4. False. We have never seen NK move quickly or dodge anything so there's no reason for him to react quickly to Smaug. Who even says NK can toss it before Smaug will each him.

5. He missed Drogon. smile. He took his time and failed. Plus see number four.
1. So you're ignoring the slow motion dramatic effect Lotr clearly uses in Smaug's final blow to pedal your pro GoT bias. Not on my watch. We see no GoT dragons dodge their arrows either.

2. He was already injured and it was the perfect strike. He's aware of black arrows but not of the ice spear hence why he wouldn't just assume.

3. NK has had his entire horde with him. Let's see how he reacts when he doesn't have a huge numerical advantage. Smaug is far bigger and far more impressive so please don't compare him to a guy who needs an army to do his damage.

1. They don't travel at the same speed. We also see Drogon fail to dodge arrows but also dodge that spear. Proof it's magical.

2. He's more durable, smarter, etc. he's better in every conceivable way. Don't you dare compare your pansy ass dragons from GoT to Lotr whose elites wipe their asses with GoT elites. Every advantage.

3. We disagree. It's that simple.

Nah, he doesn't have an army, is slower, has one chance, and it's not even a foregone conclusion one spear would kill him, etc.

Smaug wins.

Well we simply have different opinions!

Its clear i cant dissuade you otherwise!!

Why can you be like Sable!!! laughing out loud laughing out loud

......pffff stubborn people.

quanchi112
Well we simply have different opinions!

Its clear i cant dissuade you otherwise!!

Why can you be like Sable!!! laughing out loud laughing out loud

......pffff stubborn people. You are stubborn as well. Long live Smaug.

Josh_Alexander
You are stubborn as well. Long live Smaug.

Long Live NK which will slain Smaug in GoT vs Hobbit! XD

stick out tongue

quanchi112
Long Live NK which will slain Smaug in GoT vs Hobbit! XD

stick out tongue They may meet on the battlefield once he comes out of hiding.

Josh_Alexander
They may meet on the battlefield once he comes out of hiding.

Hahahahahahaha! You are beginning to realize what a carnage your troops are gona recieve at Casterly Rock? Hahaha

laughing laughing

quanchi112
Hahahahahahaha! You are beginning to realize what a carnage your troops are gona recieve at Casterly Rock? Hahaha

laughing laughing We are going to blow through the softies from the GoT universe. Your impending doom is inevitable.

Josh_Alexander
We are going to blow through the softies from the GoT universe. Your impending doom is inevitable.

Hahaha. Its me the one waiting for the reply remember!

quanchi112
Hahaha. Its me the one waiting for the reply remember! I know because it usually takes me a while on this outdated iPad to comprise a specific post and I'm going to see Mother! tonight as well.

Josh_Alexander
I know because it usually takes me a while on this outdated iPad to comprise a specific post and I'm going to see Mother! tonight as well.

Haha kk, take your time, in the end defeat is inevitble.... laughing out loud

quanchi112
Haha kk, take your time, in the end defeat is inevitble.... laughing out loud Nay.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.