Mjolnir and Lantern Rings

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

meep-meep
I was wondering if a hammer strike from Mjolnir could damage a Lantern ring. Like a fist to hammer impact?

Damborgson
Mjolnir is "the crusher" for a reason my friend thumb up

JBL
Completely destroy the rings.

Board Walker
Dependens on the user of the ring.

Hammer strike on random lantern? Might break it.

Hammer strike on Hal Avatar of Willpower Jordan? Mjolnir explodes upon impact.

Hammer strike on Sinestro host of Parallax? Mjolnir melts.

Hammer strike on Volthoom and his Phantom Lantern Ring? Thor and Mjolnir both instantly cease to exist.

"Id"
Let's keep this without any amp beyond a power ring. It would be interesting to see clashing strike of Thor vs Hal/Sinestro/Kyle.

ShadowFyre
Two Mjolnirs clashing together has recreated a big bang twice. And Mjolnir has absorbed some pretty amazing things. I know the rings have to.

I like how DC fans ar immediately having to use most powerful versions of only their characters to make this a match

riv6672
I say yes.
Why?
Because i asked the same question re: Fate's hemet and that thread was buried quicker than a hiccup.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The ring smashing against the hammer? The wielded, even Hal would lose his hand and the ring. If they made a construct around their hand like an exoskeleton arm and clashed with the ring that's a different story.

But the thread starter seems to imply the ring is sitting there and Mjolnir attempts to destroy it with a strike. That's a much different story.

riv6672
Thats why i said yes. thumb up

meep-meep
Originally posted by "Id"
Let's keep this without any amp beyond a power ring. It would be interesting to see clashing strike of Thor vs Hal/Sinestro/Kyle.

Totally agree. I'm of the opinion that Mjolnir might be affected somehow, but ultimately left undamaged. I'm less confident about a Lantern ring with the same outcome.

I didn't account for the force applied (or the wielder for that matter) by Mjolnir, nor did I consider the ring bearer or power level of the ring user. Apologies.

meep-meep
I'm trying to figure out which one is more durable. I lean toward Mjolnir but am I was just wondering if any and all rings could waver my opinion. Cheers.

TethAdamTheRock
DC Universe Online Trailer

meep-meep
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
DC Universe Online Trailer

Not applicable.

Stoic
Originally posted by riv6672
I say yes.
Why?
Because i asked the same question re: Fate's hemet and that thread was buried quicker than a hiccup.

Hmm... I'm going to have to use that buried faster than a hiccup phrase Riv.

meep-meep
Originally posted by riv6672
I say yes.
Why?

Maybe it's time to necrobump it. If not now, when?

meep-meep
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
The ring smashing against the hammer? The wielded, even Hal would lose his hand and the ring. If they made a construct around their hand like an exoskeleton arm and clashed with the ring that's a different story.

But the thread starter seems to imply the ring is sitting there and Mjolnir attempts to destroy it with a strike. That's a much different story.

I didn't mean to be vague. I'm asking if a ring bearer and hammer wielder impact via Fist and hammer simultaneously.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by meep-meep
I didn't mean to be vague. I'm asking if a ring bearer and hammer wielder impact via Fist and hammer simultaneously.

Doesnt a rings strength depend on its wielder

meep-meep
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Doesnt a rings strength depend on its wielder

Sure does. Stick with averages of guys like Stewart, Kyle, and Hal.

riv6672
Originally posted by Stoic
Hmm... I'm going to have to use that buried faster than a hiccup phrase Riv.
Fair's fair, i git it from Jim Ross. thumb up

Maybe it's time to necrobump it. If not now, when?
Go for it, maybe you can get something going this time around.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=630150&highlight=helmet+forumid%3A77+userid%3A145964

abhilegend

laughing out loud

This thorbag over here.

"Id"

I believe this is thread where GL Takes a swing against Thors hammer strike, and what would be the result of it.

Totally agree. I'm of the opinion that Mjolnir might be affected somehow, but ultimately left undamaged. I'm less confident about a Lantern ring with the same outcome.

I didn't account for the force applied (or the wielder for that matter) by Mjolnir, nor did I consider the ring bearer or power level of the ring user. Apologies. Out of everyone (Kyle, Sinestro, Hal etc..).

Hal has the best strike feats. But his best is going on a trading contest with Sinestrollax. With that being said, for me Thor strikes seem more formidable and would win the exchange....as to the result of the exchange. The ring could break, and the mallet could suffer chipping/damage. But a massive explosion would be released from the point of impact.

staxamillion
mjolnir disintegrates the ring.

MrMind
Originally posted by Board Walker
Dependens on the user of the ring.

Hammer strike on random lantern? Might break it.

Hammer strike on Hal Avatar of Willpower Jordan? Mjolnir explodes upon impact.

Hammer strike on Sinestro host of Parallax? Mjolnir melts.

Hammer strike on Volthoom and his Phantom Lantern Ring? Thor and Mjolnir both instantly cease to exist.

this

riv6672
No not that, as it wasn't an answer to the actual question. Just a way to say yes w. a caveat to try and save face/segue the thread into a mire advantageous scenario for the rings.

leonidas
has a ring been destroyed in combat? broken by a weapon or a blast of power or something like that? i honestly can't recall a time off-hand....

riv6672

abhilegend
Originally posted by leonidas
has a ring been destroyed in combat? broken by a weapon or a blast of power or something like that? i honestly can't recall a time off-hand....
Only twice, once by Darkseid against Raker and recently by Sinestro against John.

Mjolnir has been destroyed far more often.

riv6672
^^^guess that means Thor rakes on way more powerful opponents than the GLs do...whistle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.