Alita: Battle Angel (2018)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



Patient_Leech
From Robert Rodriguez. Looks like a good cast...

IMDB

Based on an anime apparently...

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/3b/e7/d0/3be7d01b36e5732bebf924c043ad00fb.jpg

BruceSkywalker
love the manga, s will be interesting to see how this works in live action

Kazenji
Never seen the Anime, Hoping my local distributor eventually releases it.

Patient_Leech
This concept sounds cool. And with Rodriguez involved it should be fun. Wonder if it'll be R-rated?

Robtard
Saw the anime back in the early-mid 90's, think it was alright, only recall a bit. Will wait for a trailer.

edit: can actually watch it for free it seems, just found:

EHG_kOfrtTQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHG_kOfrtTQ

Flyattractor
So Rob Rodriguez is making this.... does that mean He will cas the main Female robo thing with that girl he had the hots for in those Spy Kids Movies?


And no. I don't mean Jessica Alba...

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Flyattractor
So Rob Rodriguez is making this.... does that mean He will cas the main Female robo thing with that girl he had the hots for in those Spy Kids Movies?

I haven't seen Spy Kids. Who is it?

quanchi112
Animes don't have a great track record.

Kazenji
Just seen the trailer for this comes out tomorrow.

vansonbee
In the manga there was gore and lot of action. I just hope Hollywood doesn't drag down another anime, like Dragon Ball. Expecting lot of women going to watch this for a female cyborg main character beating a bunch of thug men and killer robots.

carthage
Count me in on this
Before ******* accuse them of whitewashing and then cause the movie to tank

-Pr-
aj8mN_7Apcw

Looks interesting.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Robtard
Saw the anime back in the early-mid 90's, think it was alright, only recall a bit. Will wait for a trailer.

edit: can actually watch it for free it seems, just found:

EHG_kOfrtTQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHG_kOfrtTQ

Just watched it, pretty good, phucking weird...but good

Robtard
Originally posted by -Pr-
aj8mN_7Apcw

Looks interesting. Yeah, enough to check out

BruceSkywalker
trailer looks decent.... will prolly check out next year

Patient_Leech
I'd like to give Rodriguez the benefit of the doubt, but he can be hit or miss.

It looks pretty weird as ****.

roughrider
The co-screenwriter of this is a significant red flag. Look at her film resume as a writer - it doesn't give me confidence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laeta_Kalogridis

Kazenji
Originally posted by roughrider
The co-screenwriter of this is a significant red flag. Look at her film resume as a writer - it doesn't give me confidence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laeta_Kalogridis

Also have James Cameron & Robert Rodriguez also helping out on writing too.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Kazenji
Also have James Cameron & Robert Rodriguez also helping out on writing too.

Hence the word "co-screenwriter," Kaz.

Kazenji
I figured that, Captain Obvious.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.