DE Luke vs. Knightfall Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95
1. Sabers
2. Force
3. All out

Fight takes place in the Geonosis arena. Who wins?

DarthAnt66
Swap DE Luke with FOTJ Luke and we'll talk.

UCanShootMyNova
DE Luke annihilates. :>

Rebel95
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Swap DE Luke with FOTJ Luke and we'll talk.
Where do you rank DE Luke relative to other force users?

EDIT: and how much of a gap do you think there is between DE and FOTJ Luke?

DarthAnt66
I get the impression he's a better version of Vader.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I get the impression he's a better version of Vader.
But then post-de luke is made out to still be sub-vader

Rebel95
Ok that's kinda what I was thinking too

nfactor1995
Honestly don't know what's supposed to be so immensely impressive about Knightfall Vader tbh

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by nfactor1995
Honestly don't know what's supposed to be so immensely impressive about Knightfall Vader tbh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g&t=0m06s

Rebel95
Well he's basically just a more powerful, dark side version of Anakin.

Rockydonovang
Read up:
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/shootingnova/blog/the-best-of-anakin-skywalker-rots-a-legends-respec/128624/

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
But then post-de luke is made out to still be sub-vader

Is he?

Rebel95
I know there's a quote comparing DE Luke to Vader but I can't remember exactly what it is, anyone know?

UCanShootMyNova
It's basically a statement by Sidious stating that Luke could surpass his father.

Some users have taken that to mean that at the time of DE, Luke had not surpassed his father by that point.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Is he?

NewGuy01
That's before DE. Palpatine does seem to imply that Luke wasn't really Vader's superior by any significant margin in the comic itself, though.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by NewGuy01
That's before DE.
It is? Never mind then.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
It's basically a statement by Sidious stating that Luke could surpass his father.

Some users have taken that to mean that at the time of DE, Luke had not surpassed his father by that point.
In fairness the statement says he could become much more powerful than his father, not more powerful. It's plausible he's already more powerful and that he isn't much more powerful

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah, I'm gonna go with Anakin 10/10, here.

NewGuy01
If that were the case, though, why even use Vader as an example? He could have just said "you can still become even stronger," but instead he said "you can become far stronger than he was."

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by NewGuy01
If that were the case, though, why even use Vader as an example? He could have just said "you can still become even stronger," but instead he said "you can become far stronger than he was."
Well yea. The inference that Vader hasn't surpassed Luke yet is the most logical. But it could be argued around if someone was so inclined.

That said, you could argue Luke had surpassed Vader by the end of DE

SunRazer
It just means he didn't far surpass Vader by DE, not that he hadn't surpassed him at all.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by SunRazer
It just means he didn't far surpass Vader by DE, not that he hadn't surpassed him at all.
Well, like I said, Luke having surpassed Vader but not far surpassed him is plausible.

The Ellimist
Luke in Force, Vader in sabers, not sure about all-out.

samappo
Vader I think, though certainly not a stomp.

Although this logic is most likely flawed, my thoughts on sabers are that well, Sidious wouldn't really have "improved" beyond what he was in RotS, so he's a 9. Anakin was a 9 as well, and Lucas and other source material have hinted/confirmed that Anakin may have been able to topple the emperor had he not been maimed by Kenobi. Now, Luke took on the emperor in sabers and got his ass handed to him in a very short confrontation, with Sheev managing to literally disarm Luke, saber out of hand.

The Merchant
Luke by Shadows of Mindor has Cronal saying Lukes force power is already greater than Vaders. It's backed up by how he says "and soon the Emperors" or something like that. Though Vaders mastery might be better.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by samappo
Vader I think, though certainly not a stomp.

Although this logic is most likely flawed, my thoughts on sabers are that well, Sidious wouldn't really have "improved" beyond what he was in RotS, so he's a 9. Anakin was a 9 as well, and Lucas and other source material have hinted/confirmed that Anakin may have been able to topple the emperor had he not been maimed by Kenobi. Now, Luke took on the emperor in sabers and got his ass handed to him in a very short confrontation, with Sheev managing to literally disarm Luke, saber out of hand.

Sidious may not have honed his combat skills since RotS but he both got put into his physical prime and, more importantly, grew *much* more powerful in the Force.

samappo
Question is, how long would knightfall Anakin last in combat against DE Sidious as opposed to his son. Longer I would think.

The Ellimist
In a duel, maybe, although it seems as though end-of-DE Luke > the Luke that fought Palpatine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.